Birthday

Family? You & Me

{ A/N}

[This was supposed to be updated Oct. 25, on my actual birthday. But it was decided in my AP Govt. class that the world hates me and every single one of the AP Govt. Chapter projects are due on that day. To make it up, I'm almost done with the next two chapters, so I'll upload more frequently.]

Love, 

B1A4bunny

•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\

 

 
Days passed by,
Then another week, 
Another month. 
 
Minhee sat alone in her room.
 
Today's supposed to be a beautiful day, but why does everything feel so...wrong?
 
Another hour.
Another sunrise.
 
Another conference about her marriage arrangements.
 
"... There are many decent men waiting for a date with you, but decent doesn't cut it..."
 
Her Mother's voice was a cacophony to her ears as it merely brushed on by, only making her suffocation stronger.
 
"Mom..."
Minhee cleared meekly.
 
"... And if arranged marriges are settled well, enough love will follow afterwards..."
The lady's lips kept moving, her voice getting louder as her one-sided excitement grew.
 
"Umma!"
Minhee spoke louder
 
".....and so many heirs are demanding your hand, but of course they can't just take you away- they have to realize how precious and valuable you are..."
 
"UMMA!!"
Minhee yelled, feeling as if she couldn't breathe anymore.
"MOTHER will you please give me a break for once?! You don't even know what today IS for crying out loud!!"
Minhee bursted, storming out the conference room without a single droplet of hesitation-
Her patience has run dry, and she is deprived of every choices of her own freedom now.
 
So today is the day to run away before the chains come to get her as quick as she appears on its radar-
Safe to say, soon.
 
Minhee ran through the mansion, shaking off protesting maids and obstacles of bodyguards as she threw herself out the gates, not stopping to breathe or look back.
 
But her weak mind had stopped her around the corner, squeezing out tears of childish stupidity.
Her head hung down, Minhee wiped at her face.
 
"Today's such a special day for such a pretty lady to run out wildly like that."
A familiar voice suddenly hit her ears.
 
Minhee whipped around, not believing what had happened.
 
"Y..Youngjae?"
 
She questioned, having no doubt.
 
"Happy birthday Minhee."
Youngjae pushed himself off the brick walls of the Jung Mansion and trudged towards the young damsel in distress.
Smiling, he ruffled the girl's wind-whipped hair.
 
"H-how did you know?"
Minhee bursted into a happy smile despite her fresh tear stains.
 
"Can't avoid knowing when someone in your dorm keeps chanting the D-day countdown to it."
Youngjae rolled his eyes, and pulled out the object from his back. 
"You're now officially a 17 year old heiress."
 
Taking the small, hand-wrapped box into her hands, Minhee hopped up to wrap her arms around the vocal member of B.A.P.
"Thank you thank you thank you soooo much Youngjae oppa!!
 
Youngjae hid his surprised expression with a chuckle, placing her down on the ground.
Minhee was observing the wrapped item, her eyes filled with innocent curiosity and wonder.
 
*Why did I end up having to hate this girl? She's sweet and innocent- there's nothing anyone can hate about her.* 
Youngjae thought, the sad thought reminding him to keep his distance.
 
"Where are the other members?" 
Minhee joked, silently hoping for Daehyun's presence.
He hasn't been in touch ever since he came over, only to see his Babo, who left for a happier place above.
 
"You'll see. Don't open it now. I gotta take you somewhere."
Youngjae spoke-
Again, hiding his confidential thoughts.
 
Minhee's heart raced at the words, her expectations rising and falling in mad intervals.
Will B.A.P be there? 
Is there just going to be notes from the busy members?
 
Minhee didn't think to look back as she followed Youngjae, happiness filling her up at the thought of the perfect escape for her birthday today.
 
>>>>(Back in the mansion)<<<<<
 
"Mrs.Sun, what day is today?"
Mrs.Jung asked the maid, Minhee's wedding plans long forgotten as she flipped crazily through her many calenders.
 
"Ma'am, it's October 25th."
The maid replied.
 
"No- I know that! Is today a special day?" 
Mrs.Jung reached for her husband's calender, flipping to October.
No- it couldn't be- 
How could she dare forget? 
 
Mrs.Jung's eyes had confirmed the day's special meaning in unison with Mrs.Sun's answer.
 
"Well, it's lady Minhee's birthday today ma'am."
 
Mrs.Jung sat back down politely, dread closing in on her in heart-crunching speeds.
 
"Thank you Mrs.Sun. You're dismissed." 
Mrs.Jung murmured, folding her hands in her lap. 
 
------------->>>•<<<<------------
 
 
"Keep them closed. I know when you peek."
Youngjae led her somewhere as soon as Minhee stepped foot outside the vehicle they came in.
 
"Sheesh don't worry"
Minhee pouted, feeling her way around. 
It was strange how she could trust Youngjae so easily. 
It felt like she knew him all along like how she knew Daehyun. 
 
After a few more steps, she felt Youngjae's warmth leave her as he spoke, "count to five and open your eyes."
 
One... 
Two....
Three... 
*click
Four.... 
*pssshhh
Five- 
 
Minhee opened her eyes, faced with the tiny bright flame dancing in middle of a cake, which was held by Bang Yongguk himself with all the B.A.P members crowded around her-
Something is definitely missing.
 
"Make a wish Minhee!" 
Himchan cheered, taking her thoughts away from its early predictions.
 
Minhee clenched her eyes shut, and made a wish as she blew the flames away.
All six faces surfaced as she made her wish. 
 
When she opened her eyes, she knew there were only 5 faces around her, and one was missing.
Immediately as if on cue, she blurted, 
"Where's Daehyun?"
 
"Uh Daehyun hyung had a seperate schedule today in Japan.. He says he's sorry that he can't make it." 
Zelo replied, and all the member's expressions turned sympathetic and guilty.
 
Minhee's face fell as Joonhong's words passed through her brain, and she had to force all her energy just to keep her expression straight.
 
"Oh.. All right then.. I guess it's cake time?" 
She sniffed a bit, placing the cake down on a nearby table as soon as the lights were silently in B.A.P's dorm.
 
Jongup took up the job of cutting the cake, and Minhee could only stand there awkwardly as the empty presence kept bothering her.
But she knew better than to mope all day for that one busy idiot.
 
As they each had their portion of Minhee's Baskin Robins icecream cake, Minhee kept thanking them for celebrating the day for her- 
Even though they are terribly busy.
 
"Present Timmeee!!!"
Zelo suddenly announced, and all the tension suddenly vanished. 
 
Following like the birthday girl she is, Minhee happily obliged as Yongguk guided her to the chair that faced all the presents- 
6 boxes she counted, all boxes decorated variously, and one particular box was gigantic.
 
"Mine first."
Himchan winked at Minhee, gently laying a rectangular box on her lap.
 
Minhee gently opened the wrapper, which revealed the most beautiful gift yet-
The 'forbidden sneakers' she had called them-
The shoes she wasn't allowed to wear. 
The shoes she absoultely adored and loved from afar-
Now in her lap. 
 
Jeremey Scott x Adidas gold wing sneakers.
 
It was beautiful.
 
Minhee gasped, picking the left sneaker and tracing its black threaded edges.
 
"Thank you Himchan oppa!! So much! I always loved Adidas!" 
Minhee ranted, blowing a kiss to the generous idol celebirity.
 
Himchan caught her airborne kiss, and placed it in his cheek as a jocular gesture- 
His ice-cold prince image was almost non-existent, surprising Minhee as her memories of one another special person who couldn't be here to celebrate surfaced.
 
"I guess it's mine next."
Yongguk chuckled, bringing out his circular cylinder box.
 
Minhee opened the mysterious gift, the wrappings and decorations enough to make its grand presence known in the name of Bang Yongguk.
 
As the item became unclothed, Minhee recognized it as a custom-made CD holder.
Opening the smooth contraption, she skimmed her fingers across many CDs that already occupied the space- 
But not all, as if it was an unfinished collection. 
 
"These are some of my favorite albums, and I want you to finish the rest of its journey. I know you'll fill it up beautifully." 
Yongguk explained, the sentimental value he held touching Minhee's heart.
 
"Thank you for the precious gift Yongguk oppa. I'll make sure it remains your masterpiece."
Minhee thanked, gently placing it next to Himchan's gift.
 
Minhee moved on to the next gift, already assuming who's it was. 
 
She snapped open the box, and smiled as the solid words 'DOPE' welcomed her eyes.
 
"Thanks Jongup oppa. I love it." 
Minhee spoke, catching Jongup's shy grin as she guessed the owner of this present.
She placed the snapback on her head, proudly wearing Jongup's favorite snapback that he wore for 'Hurricane' M/V.
As a BABY, this was a priceless treasure meant for the BABY museum.
 
"MINE NEXT!!" 
Zelo lunged forward, grabbing his box that radiated a strong sense of the maknae's randomness.
 
Minhee was honestly expecting something like underwear.
But no- 
The maknae had actually bought something decent, a baseball jersey jacket with the letter 'Z' branded in the front, a Matoki logo printed on the back.
The perfect fangood.
 
"Aish Joonhong you scared me"
I laughed, earning a playful mehrong from him.
 
Everybody laughed at my remark, and started to talk with one another as I organized the gifts. 
One more left- 
The humongous one.
 
After Joonhong's present, Youngjae stepped beside her and silently handed her a square box.
 
"Don't open it until you get home." 
He instructed, and Minhee nodded without complaining- 
What could it be?
 
"Now for the final present from Daehyun." 
Himchan spoke, gesturing Minhee to walk closer to the life-sized box. 
Is it a gigantic teddy bear? 
A thousand balloons, 
A piano? 
 
Minhee couldn't place her finger on a possibility- 
The box was big enough for anything.
 
"Close your eyes, and walk forward when we tell you to." 
Yongguk commanded, a hidden snicker playing in his tone.
 
Slightly dubious, Minhee reluctantly decided to follow directions anyways. 
 
With her closed eyes, Minhee could hear laughters and giggles, the shifting of cardboard, and some other noises she couldn't identify. 
 
"Walk forward in a straight line."
Jongup ordered, giving the doubtful girl a slight nudge in the back.
 
Minhee carefully moved, walking on even when knew she should've hit something by then. 
But she kept walking, feeling the air change into a different tone of warmth.
 
"Oomph"
Minhee let out an involuntary gush of oxygen as she ran into something familiar.
Her eyelids fluttered open, and before she could even register the dim atmosphere, warmth surrounded her, and a pair of arms wrapped themselves around her waist in no time.
 
"Happy Birthday Minnie Mouse." 
 
His voice whispered into her ear, and Minhee blinked three times to make sure this all wasn't a dream. 
It's too good to be ever true.
 
But he is here. 
And She's in his arms.
 
"Daehyun oppa!" 
Minhee squealed, cupping his face and checking his physical being-
It was actually him, inside this big box. 
 
"And you thought I'd miss this special day." 
He chuckled, his hands grasping on to each other as they made a circle around her petit waist. 
 
"I didn't no presents could talk." 
Minhee playfully scowled, breaking into a helpless smile. 
 
"I'm just a part of the present."
Daehyun's voice dropped into a heavier, hushed tone.
"Now this- This is the present."
 
Daehyun suddenly leaned in, giving Minhee no warning as he closed their distance so boldly- 
 
Taking her by the lips ever so fully.
 
The box's temperature rose, and Daehyun's smooth lips moved so fervently against Minhee's frozen ones as his actions slowly began to melt her paralyzed motions.
Minhee slowly gave in to the rhythm, her heart beating in uneven tempos as music played in her mind.
 
Daehyun kissed her, making their lips' sound boldly echo inside the cardboard walls, and his eyes bore loving gazes through Minhee's burning soul. 
 
"Happy Birthday"
His minty breath tickled Minhee's swollen lips, and Daehyun dove in to press them into one again.
 
This time, Minhee tried her best to return his skilled movements, but gave up hopelessly as he moved his head from side to side, blocking her dominance, and making Minhee forfeit the reins to Daehyun as he slid his hand to cup her cheek.
 
After a few more pecks and kisses, Minhee and Daehyun stood inside the box as they caught their breaths and looked at each other's eyes.
 
"Tell me that was the best kiss you ever had."
Daehyun smiled, tucking her fallen strand of hair behind Minhee's ears.
 
"It's my first.."
Minhee blushed, not believing that she just had made a trip to heaven and back. 
*And the best*
She thought.
 
"Uh you guys should come out now."
Yongguk's voice came outside the box, and alerted Minhee and Daehyun back to reality. 
 
Daehyun casusally took Minhee's hands in his, and opened the hand-carved opening of the 'present' box.
It was so worth the thirty thousand won ( approx. $30. Do not panic lol) he had spent for the giant piece of cardboard wood pulp.
 
"So.. What'd you get?" 
Zelo asked. 
 
Daehyun hadn't told any of s what the box was for. 
Of course Yongguk, Himchan, and Youngjae's "witty" minds could guess it, but Jongup and Zelo were hopelessly innocent.
 
"She got a special surprise." 
Daehyun nonchalantly answered, earning a pinch on his hand.
 
The older members chuckled, snorted, and snickered while the younger stayed clueless and confused.
 
"Minhee noona! What did he do to you?!" 
Zelo grabbed the surprised girl by her shoulders, confronting her face-to-face.
Zelo could see the reddened cheeks and hear the stutter in her voice as she tried to cover up the obviousness, but it was too late as even the dazed Jongup had known what had happened.
 
Daehyun has claimed her his-
In the most classic, gentle way possible.
 
"NO NOONA!! Tell me it's not true!!" 
Zelo gawked as his hyungs all laughed at his child-like actions.
 
Minhee could only bite her lip, scooping up the vanilla creme of the birthday cake to smear on Zelo's face.
 
"Noona! Aish!" 
He scrunched his face like a kid, and reached for the creamy cake to carry out his revenge. 
 
And so the food fight started, ending with the finale of Yongguk dumping cans of tomato sauce on everybody.
Daehyun was the only one trying to protest the waste of food as he had witnessed his favorite box of snacks flying haphazardly across the kitchen.
 
Now everybody laid on the kitchen floors, tired yet still laughing like a gang of idiots.
 
"I shou-haha-should get home now."
Minhee laughed as she sat up, gasping for air, only to taste the tangy tomato sauce dripping from her hair and down her face.
 
"And No Daehyun, you may not take her home. Who the hell knows what ery might happen."
He sternly spoke, cutting off all of Daehyun's arising objections.
 
Even before Himchan could open up his mouth, Yongguk cut him off with his infamous catchpharse: 
"No, Himchan."
 
"I'll take her back." 
Youngjae volunteered, shaking off the bits of noodles and crackers from his hair.
"As soon as I clean this up"
His face scrunched up as his tomato-sauce drenched shirt stuck on to his skin, much to his dislike.
 
Youngjae took off his shirt without warning-
And strangely enough, Minhee wasn't staring at his abs, or packed muscles- 
 
She was staring at his birthmark.
 
"Uh?" 
Minhee tilted her head, catching everyone's worried attention.
 
"Yah Yoo Youngjae"
Daehyun protested, seeing his girl's eyes avert so directly on to his friend's exposed skin.
 
"I have the same birthmark."
Minhee murmured, slightly reaching back to lift up her shirt over her left hipbone.
 
And there, everyone saw the corresponding birthmarks as it slightly hovered over to the back of  the girl and the boy's waistlines.
 
The bluish streak of a line, slightly smudging into their pants - 
A slight continuation to their hips.
 
"That's weird. I thought I was the only one." 
Minhee giggled, gasping in delight at the new discovery. 
Daehyun whined for her to put her shirt back down, even when it only exposed barely three centimeters of her skin.
He didn't want Jongup to stare at her like that.
 
But Youngjae's face was everything opposite of fascination. 
It was doom. 
For his unique birthmark was not only shared with this coincidental heiress - 
 
But also with his own Mother.
 
Youngjae silently stood up, and headed for the bathroom wordlessly.
 
While Daehyun and Minhee were engaged in a small argument on whether she was showing too much skin or not, Yongguk eyed his younger memeber suspiciously as he heard the thump of the restroom door closing. 
 
In that instant, Yongguk had realized the change in the atmosphere.
And all he could do right now was worry and hope that his family of 6 wasn't going get hurt.
 
Then Yongguk wondered if that birthmark had a special meaning in its coincidential form after all.
 
----------->>>>>>•<<<<<<---------
 
"That was crazy."
Minhee laughed as she turned her head to the side, looking at Youngjae for a response as he drove on, hands on the steering wheel, eyes firmly planted on the road.
 
"Which part? Getting you away from Daehyun's farewell hug or the food fight?" 
Youngjae chuckled, remembering his friend's rare aegyo as Daehyun clung on to Minhee, not wanting her to leave.
 
"All of it." 
Minhee answered so simply. 
 
Youngjae sat in silence, breathing evenly as his next question bothered to come up.
 
"So.. About that birthmark.."
Youngjae asked, eyes focused on 
the dark road ahead.
{Don't worry they don't get in a car accident haha}
 
"Yeah! It's really weird how we both have it! None of my family has it!" 
Minhee squeakled happily, still hyped from the best birthday party ever.
 
*None of her family has it..?*
Youngjae thought, the pit of his stomach coiling in that familiar sensation again- 
 
Suspiscion.
 
He rounded a smooth corner, the newly paved, expensive asphalt notifying him that he was near the girl's destination.
But none of his usual skepticism crossed his mind as his own moral consciousness was drenched in another occupying thought.
 
"Drop me off here oppa." 
Minhee reminded Youngjae, making sure she was out of the house's 100-yard radius gate security checkpoint.
 
Youngjae slowed his car to a stop and retrieved back his thoughts, smiling at the sweet and tired girl as she rubbed her eyes innocently due to the day's energy-draining activities.
 
"Goodnight Minhee."
Youngjae ruffled the girl's hair.
 
"Thank you Youngjae oppa." 
Minhee smiled, and popped open the passenger door.
 
Youngjae's ice lips finally broke into a smile- 
Youngjae Oppa.
It sounded all so natural to him. 
 
Watching the girl safely walk into her mansion and waving to him, Youngjae decided it was completely fine to let her go.
He stepped on the pedal, heading home to expect a mess which all the members left untouched, waiting for the dear Youngjae to clean up as usual.
 
And then B.A.P is off to Japan for their Japanese concert tour, Warrior Begins.
So in a way, it was their farewell party to Minhee.
In a way.
 
Maybe he should stop by the convinience store and pick up an emergency tissue box for Daehyun.
 
His poor friend was sending away his one true love to her marriage without choice. 
 
 
 
______ Minhee's POV_____
 
 
Step by step, breath by breath-
Everything became more clear.
 
I don't belong here.
 
The more I revisited the old times with Daehyun oppa, the more I realized who I actually am beneathe the porcelain polished image.
 
I'm a person too.
 
When I had run out the gate to catch Youngjae oppa again, his car was nowhere to be seen. 
Maybe it's too much.
Maybe I should give up.
 
The lonely chill of the night hugged me in its heart-aching arms, and I stood in the front gate of my mansion without a single track of time-
 
Then I heard it.
 
*crack
 
Someone's here.
 
The rustle of autumn's early leaves crackled under a foreign shoe, and I stayed still and alert as the noises became louder.
 
On the verge of sprinting towards the safety of my mansion, my arm was brutally captured into a rough arm.
 
"Where you going little lady?"
The gruff voice reached my horrified ears, the worst-case scenarios already taking a toll on my panicked mind.
 
This can't be happening-
 
Before anymore harm could be done, a handkerchief was raised to cover my mouth and nose, the strange scent entering my respitory system all too early.
 
Out of my blurry vision, I caught a sight of a pair of sleek shoes as another man came into the scene.
 
"Sleep well my wife. I hope you'll enjoy living with me."
 
A smooth, familiar voice whispered near my ear, and a spine-chilling smile was all I saw before I completely out.