Chapter 2

The Fashion Fun Adventures of The Royales: Pet Problems

 

 
Dusk arrived soon. The sunset was a wondrous blend of lovely orange-red and a tinge of purple, telling it was dinnertime.
 
 
In order to impress the Royalties, Mirajinn had spent a long time in her new room, that was interconnected to the Princess', trying to piece together the prefect outfit.
 
Aha! Mirajinn thought as she picked out a particular one. It was a retro pink, strapless mini dress with white swirl patterns. Matching it with her new gleaming white knee-high boots (it was a gift from her father), Mirajinn skipped away, following the signs to the Dining Hall nearby.
 
 
"Today's dishes are: Rice-filled Egg Omelette, Steak medium-cooked, apple juice-- warm or chilled, cookie crumble chocoláte and/or Icy Rainbow Dessert." Dille, the cook's apprentice, announced as soon as all were seated. One by one, the sumptuous food was spread on the table of gold. Mira was awe-struck by all the delicacies. She almost drooled but then she remebered to watch her manners.
 
"Everyone, let's tuck in! Please help yourselves! Self-introductions will be done after dinner!" Witharee, the Queen, smiled warmly. With that, dinner commenced and all began eating.
 
Mira watched Princess Sapphirae like a hawk eying its prey throughout dinner. Rae had long, straight blue hair that shimmered with the slightest movement. She had a fair complexion, like that of Snow White. Rae had a diamond tiara on her head and she was clad in a long, flowing ballgown. Mira looked at her own mini dress and comoared it to the Princess of all things Wonderful and Magical's gown. What an embarrassment I am! She thought dully to herself, sinking a little lower in her seat.
 
 
Rae ate daintily, her cutlery always poised at a very delicate angle and her food sliced gently but firmly. She sat up straight as a ruler, and her food never left the plate, much less the table. Totally unlike me! Mira thought, staring sheepishly at her own stained napkin and the cluster of rice bits on the table.
 
"You'll learn soon. If you can't, I'll help," Rae whispered to Mira across the table. Almost immediately, Mira's slumped back straightened and she started to eat properly, like Rae. Lady Larhah nodded in approval. It must be her power! Mira thought, completely surprised.
 
 
Everyone-- No, some people, in the country of Ambre hd magical powers. Rare cases, some people had two or even three! When the time was ripe, their power(s) would evolve and/or upgrade-- but that was the individual's secret.
 
Rae's current magic was mind control (which included mind reading) and the ability to 'manipulate' ice. Mira, well, her birthday was in two weeks' time, and only then would she know.
 
"You..." Mira started and Rae nodded. 'Tell you more after dinner,' Rae sent a message to Mira's brain. So Mira ate her dinner heartily, eager to learn more about Rae and her magic.
 
 
---
 
 
Once dinner was over, the adults stayed in the Dining Hall to chat and do self-introductions. The King instructed Princess Sapphirae to take Mirajinn to their room. "Yes, Father," The girl with cold, blue eyes bowed deeply and slowly backed out of the Hall, taking Mira by the hand. How solemn and quiet Rae is, Mira thought on the way to their room, I guess life won't be half as fun as I thought it would be... Little did Mira know about Rae...
 
The second they reached the room, Rae slashed her access card on the scanner and the door beeped and opened. Then, she dove onto her bed, bouncing energetically. "HAAH, HAAH! WHOO! YEAH!" She was shrieking joyfully. How UN-princess-like! Rae had become a completely different girl! Mira stared at her in disbelief, her outh agape, eyes widened.
 
 
"What?" Rae mused cheerfully. "I only act like a proper Princess in front of Mom 'n' Dad! They're only aound once a month! Usually, they're too busy visiting other countries to stay at home. After all, we Ambrenes are the dominating citizens!" Mira nodded thoughtfully, trying to take it all in at one go. "You are know Twin Royale, 'sister' of me, Princess Royale! Your new addition to your name is Royale!" Rae continued.
 
"Sweet! I get to be Royalty!" Mirajinn chirped, happy as a lark. "Now tell me more about YOU," Rae probed. Mirajinn told her new 'sister' about herself and her 'previous life'. When the self-introductions were over, both the girls were awfully exhausted and collapsed on their beds, immediately slipping into a deep slumber.