Lost and Found

Lost and Found

I hop off the bus from school and quickly run into the bakery store.

"Ahjumma! Sorry that I'm late! The bus came late!" I scream at the owner of the bakery store.

"It's ok! Just hurry up a little! More customers are coming!"

"Ne! Oh! Anyeonghaseyo Ahjussi!"

"Oh! Jommae! Annyeong!" the baker ahjussi replies as he puts fresh bread into the oven.

I put down my bag in the storage closet and rush to put on my apron. I work in this bakery owned by a nice ahjumma and her husband. I live with them on top of this bakery in our cozy little apartment. Why do I call them "Ahjumma" and "Ahjusshi" do you ask? Well, they're not my parents. Nor are they my blood-related relatives either. You see, I was hiding in their delivery truck and they found me and took me in. It's a slightly bad memory for me, so I'd rather not talk about it. Anyways, since I now live with them, I help them out in the store since I'm very grateful for everything they have done to me. I finish tying my apron and run out to the front of the store to help out. Ahjumma puts me in charge of the cashier. I finish with one customer and get a little break since the next customer isn't ready yet. I glance up at the TV and there's a CF for chicken on. I see a familier looking boy in it but...

"Um, excuse me?"

"Oh, I'm sorry!" I quickly deal with the next customer and look up at the TV again. The commercial already ended. Oh well. 

 

~Later that night~

 

I finish my work in the bakery and I finish my homework. I change into pajamas and plop down on  the couch in front of the TV. Just in time for Music Bank! Aish, I'm such a fangirl! :P A lot of the bands already promoting performed again. There were no debuts and only a few comebacks. One comeback caught my attention though. Hey! It's that guy from the chicken CF! So he's a singer huh? His band must have debuted not too long ago. They first show the backstage interview. The MCs quickly introduce the band as Boyfriend from the same company as Sistar. After the interview is done, it switches to their stage. Hm, their pretty good. I keep watching Music Bank until the end. After it ends, I go on the computer to search up this 'Boyfriend' band. Wow! The maknae's only 16? He's the same age as me! His name in No Minwoo. Aw, he's pretty cute! The oldest in 23, a 7 year age difference with the maknae. The oldest is the leader and is named Kim Donghyun. Wait. Kim Donghyun? That was the name of my brother. He's the same age as him. Water starts to gather at the corner of my eyes as I think about my brother.

-Flashback to 8 years ago-

"Jommae, wait here for oppa arraseo? I'm just going to pop in the supermarket and see if I can get any free food for us."

"Ne!" I'm hiding in the trunk of a delivery truck. Seems to belong to a bakery as there is so much bread! I'm so hungry since oppa and I are poor, but I know I shouldn't eat the bread. The bread reaches out to me though as I really want to take one and eat it! 

"Poof..." The truck starts to bounce up and down a tiny bit. Wait, is the truck about the move? I jut forward with the truck. I regain balance and look out from the trunk. I see oppa walking out of the store.

"OPPA!!!!" I scream.

"JOMMAE!!!!!" Oppa starts running after the truck. I reach my hand out hoping that oppa will catch up and grab me out of the truck. The truck turns around a corner and I'm thrown into the back of the trunk. I scramble my way back to front and look out. Oppa is nowhere to be seen. Oppa, where are you?! Tears start to flow out.

-End of Flashback-

*sniffle* I start to cry a little again. It's been 13 years since that incident. I was only 3 then and oppa was 10. I use the back of my hand to wipe off my tears as I start to study about Boyfriend again. 

...

The next day

It's Saturday, the day that we get fresh ingredients for our bread. Ahjumma sends me on the mission to pick up  the ingredients, and I happily obey. It's a nice day outside, the sun shining brightly against a light blue sky and a light breeze the blows the little hairs on my head around. I pick up the ingredients and start to skip back to the bakery. Then,

"OPPA!!!!!"

"HWAMAE!!!!!!"

I see a little boy running after a truck. Coming out from the back of the truck is a little hand. As my eyes trace the hand, it leads to a face peeping out from the trunk of the truck. That was me 13 years ago. I drop my bag of ingredients and run after the truck.

"STOP!!!!!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I feel an adrenaline rush as I run faster towards the truck. The truck turns around the corner and I notice that the little boy stopped. I keep running though, knowing that what happened to me cannot happen again. I run faster and faster.

"STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The truck finally stops and the driver looks out.

"What is it kid?" the driver shouts at me, clearly annoyed.

"There's a little girl in your trunk!" I shout back.

"What?!"

I catch up with the truck. I peer into the trunk and see a little girl sobbing.

"Little girl, come here to unnie! I'll take you back to your oppa!"

The little girl looks up at me and reaches her arms out. I grab her and take her out. I hug her tight as I whisper "It's okay" into her ear. 

"Thank you so much driver ahjussi! Sorry for the inconvenience!"

The truck drives away. I walk around the corner and see the little girl's brother on the street crying. I run towards him as he looks up and sees me with his sister. 

"Hwamae!" He screams. Hwamae turns around in my arms and squeals in delight at the sight of her brother. She literally jumped out of my arms and reunites with her brother.

"Kamsamnida nuna for getting my sister back for me!" the little boy exclaims, this time with tears of joy in his eyes.

"Kamsamnida!" shouts the little girl.

"Now don't loose each other anymore okay?"

"Ne!" they both reply. I pat their heads and walk back to where my groceries are. I skip back home feeling accomplished.

....

3 days later

I finished work and homework. I watch TV again and Strong Heart is on. And guess what? That Kim Donghyun guy is on the show! I decide to keep watching. The subject is "Lost and Found." The guests hold their boards up to show what they have written. Donghyun's says, "Where are you yeodongsaeng?" Oh my god. Could Boyfriend's Kim Donghyun really be my brother? The MCs choose him to challenge first. I listen intently.

"Truthfully, I have a little sister. As kids, we went through hard times because we were so poor that we were living on the streets. One day, I was walking with my sister to find food. Well, really I was looking for a place with food. I wanted to be a good, dependable oppa for my yeodongsaeng, so I wanted to get food for us. We head towards the supermarket and my goal was actually to steal some food, since we did not have any money. I didn't want my little sister to learn to steal stuff from me, so I put her in the trunk of a truck. I walk into the supermarket and grab a box of cookies. I manage to sneak out with it, but I see the truck with my little sister start to drive off. I see my sister's head pop out from the truck as she screams "oppa!" I scream her name as I start running towards the truck. I quickly became tired though and stop as I watch the truck turn around a corner. Then it hit me that I had officially lost my sister. That was 13 years ago. Since then, I have still been looking for her and I hope that she still remembers me and maybe is watching this show." I was bawling. It really was my brother! Everyone else on the show was crying too. Water was creeping out of my brother's eyes. The MCs tell him to leave a video message for his sister.

"Uh... Jommae. It's me, oppa. It may not seem like it, but I've been looking for you. I still miss you a lot; you meant a lot to me. I hope you are living well and growing up healthy. Saranghae." I have to meet him. I race to the computer as I look up Boyfriend's schedule. They are performing on M! Countdown this week. I willmake sure I meet him in 2 days.

...

2 days later

Ahjumma and Ahjussi let me have a break today from working. I explained to them that I might have found my brother. They were delighted to hear the news and wished me luck. I arrive at the studio and wait with the other fans outside. The doors open and we rush in. I stand with the other fans, waiting for Boyfriend to come out. They finally come out and I see my brother. I don't know what to say and just stand their wide-eyed with the fans all around screaming. They start to perform as I still stare at my brother. They finished their stage and exit. I still haven't said anything and it feels as if my voice has been taken away from me. Fans of Boyfriend start to run out. I hear that they are having a mini fanmeeting. I rush out with them too, hoping that this can finally be my chance to meet my brother face to face. I wait with the fans outside the side of the building. Boyfriend finally appears and the fanmeeting officially starts. After a while of question and answer, someone finally announces that we can go up to meet Boyfriend and get autographs and such. I start running through the crowd, but then I decide to be towards the back of the line; I don't want to get too much attention. I wait for about 45 minutes, but I feel as if the line hadn't been moving. After about an hour and half, a see a glimmer of hope as I'm close to the stairs leading up to the platform that Boyfriend is on. I bought their CD before I came, so I take it out of my bag so that I won't awkwardly go across their table without a CD. As the members sign it, I keep my attention on Donghyun who is at the other end of the table. Finally, I am standing in front of him.

"Hi! What's your name?"

"Jommae. Kim Jommae."

"Okay Jommae... wait!" Donghyun looks up at me wide-eyed and we just stare at each other for a while. Finally I break the silence.

"Yes, oppa. It's me, your yeodongsaeng." Tears are starting to form. We continue to stare at each other. 

"Is it really you Jommae?"

"Yes, it's me oppa!" Donghyun then gets up from his chair, comes around the table, and hugs me. I hug him back as we start crying.

"Oh my god! It really is you Jommae! I never thought that I'd see you ever again!"

"Same here oppa!"

"I missed you so much!"

"Same here oppa!" That was all I could say to respond to him. We stood their hugging each other and crying our hearts out as we have finally been reunited after 13 long years.

_________________________________

hey guys! sorry for this super long one-shot! hope you guys still enjoyed it though! :D