Very Nice Person, My

Just Call 110

“Come on Gui, you can do this!” 24 year old Wu Ying Jie reassured herself as she hauled her 9 pound box up the stairs. “Seriously, how come the elevator has to break down when a poor girl like me has to move a giant box of stuff up to the fifth floor?” As she climbed another flight of steps, she noticed a door at with the number 5 written on the small sign next to it.

“Finally!” she yelled. “The fifth floor!”

She happily pulled open the door with one hand and rushed through, not paying attention to where she was going.The next thing she knew, she collided into another figure and the box she was carrying fell to the floor. All of her belongings scattered around.

Good thing nothing private was there.

“Um, sorry!” Gui apologized, bowing down. She then looked up, expecting to find a grumpy middle-aged man, but instead, she was shocked to see a very good-looking young gentleman about her age. He glared at her.

“Watch where you’re going,” he grumbled before brushing rudely past her.

Jeez, Gui thought. Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

She bent down and began collecting her things, and though it took her nearly 5 minutes to do so, she still managed to continue smiling.

“Now let’s see,” she spoke to herself once more,” where was my room again?”

The 24 year old female started wandering around the floor and thankfully, it didn’t take long until she found her destination. The minute she opened the door to her new office, she gaped.

“Coffee maker, TV, microwave, mini fridge, sofa, and a computer?” she gawked. “This place is better than my apartment!”

Because she was so excited, Gui didn’t realize the figure sneaking up behind her.

“I see you like your office,” someone spoke behind her.

The 24 year old jumped, but after recognizing who it was, she immediately grinned. “Good afternoon Captain-Chief-Sir!’ she greeted. Captain-Chief-Sir? Nice going.

The elder chuckled. “Just call me Inspector Jung.”

“Yes sir, Inspector Jung!”

“So, Gui, have you met your partner yet?”

“My partner? I thought I was part of a unit.”

“Well, you are. It’s just that,” Inspector Jung grinned sheepishly,” this unit only has two people.”

Two people? How can a unit only have two people?”

We’re working on it, Gui. Besides, I bet you and Aaron will get along perfectly! You’re the brains, and he’s the athlete- you’re the perfect combo! He’s a very nice person too.”

Gui Gui sighed. “All right- if you say so. Where’s this ‘Aaron’ guy anyways?”

Inspector Jung smiled and clapped his hands. “His name is Aaron Yan, and he’s about your age. Oh, look, I think he’s coming right now!”

As if on cue, the guy from earlier entered the room, and as soon as he saw Gui, he sent her an icy glare. “She’s my partner?”

The elder gave him a thumbs up as the young man walked over and sat at the computer desk. “Yep, big boy! Wu Ying Jie, meet Aaron Yan. Aaron Yan, meet Wu Ying Jie. I’ll be going now – I have a case to work on. Aaron has the information file of your first case, so just ask him for the details. Have fun now, but not too much fun! We already have enough kids in the world.”

Inspector Jung then exited the room, leaving Gui gawking and red-faced.

After realizing how stupid she must’ve looked, she quickly closed . “S-So, your name’s Aaron huh? That’s cool. How old are you?”

“Twenty-five.”

“Oooooh, that’s nice! I’m twenty-four!”

“Fascinating.”

“Is this your first day?”

“No.”

“Really? Well it’s my first day!”

“Interesting.”

“Oh, by the way, instead of Wu Ying Jie, you can call me Gui Gui. It’s shorter!”

“That’s great – now be quiet.”

Pft, very nice person, my !