Chapter 2

In Between

Soojung was unpacking her clothes in her room at Lee family's house, she was told by Auntie Lee to sleep over for few days and she couldn't refuse since she had missed the people. She grabbed a stuffed teddy bear out of her luggage, it was the teddy bear that Jongin won for her when they went to a carnival years ago. She bitterly smiled to it as she stared intensely until someone scared her. She jumped from her position and looked back quickly to see the mastermind, it was none other than Taemin. Taemin laughed hysterically, moving side to side on the bed holding his stomach. Soojung immediately stood up and grabbed some pillow and threw it to the latter. Unfortunately, Taemin got the hold of it and stuck his tongue out to tease Soojung but he was replied by a cold shoulders.  

 

Soojung went back to unpacking and putting her clothes to the cabinet, Taemin childishly watched her do her business. He looked down and found a teddy bear laying on the ground, it looked familiar to it. He grabbed it and stared it, Soojung who was hanging her clothes inside the cabinet turned around and saw Taemin holding the teddy bear. She alertly stole it from his hands and put it on a safe place. She never likes someone touching the teddy bear, its very special to her because its the only memory that Jongin once treated her nicely.

 

Taemin smiled a little to himself, he have remembered it.

 

Summer '02

 

"Hey, where did you get that teddy bear?"

 

8-year old Taemin asked to the 8-year old Soojung, he was laying down on the couch fully covered with a blanket. He was freakin' burning hot and he despises his condition on the moment, Soojung looked at him and smiled widely. She walked to his direction and sat on the couch, she didn't answer his question. She put her hand on his forehead and looked a little concerned.

 

"You are still sick, oppa." Soojung pouted cutely that caused Taemin reddened more. He coughed awkwardly and hid his face a little, covering her flushed face. Soojung's aegyo is the number one thing that could feel Taemin giddy and it's not helping him right now. He was thinking of diverting the subject when he saw the Teddy bear on Soojung's hand and stole it. Soojung was caught off guard but she was too late, Taemin had hugged it tightly underneath the blanket.

 

"Where did you get this fluffy little thing, Soojungie~~?"

 

Soojung didn't answer him again, she back faced him and pouted cutely once again. Taemin could tell she was pouting, Soojung pouts when she's angry, he bit his lips thinking whether to give in or not. He sighed in defeat and gave back the teddy bear to Soojung, sometimes he really can't win to Soojung. 

 

Soojung took the teddy bear quickly and held it tightly, she looked at Taemin and smirked. And Taemin knew he had once again played by the great manipulative Jung Soojung but he doesn't care. As long Soojung's happy he is happy.

 

"I can't believe you are that easy to control, oppa."

 

"Ya~ ya~ Whatever....I just don't want to see you cry that's all."

 

"Same excuse again...couldn't you think of another? I am getting tired of your usual alibi, its getting old."

 

Taemin sighed in defeat, he really couldn't win her when it comes to verbal. He sometimes wishes there's a school where it teaches students to retort back quickly so he could enroll there to pay back Soojung. Soojung smiled and she knew Taemin couldn't say anything anymore, she layed herself down beside Taemin not caring that she would get infected by his sickness.Taemin stiffened, he doesn't know what to do. Oh my God....he thought.

 

"I got this at the carnival...."

 

"You went to the carnival?"

 

"Didn't I just said I got the teddy bear from the carnival?"

 

"Sorry...go on."

 

"Jongin-oppa won this for me......."

 

Soojung smiled giddily to herself as she tightens her grip to the teddy bear. Meanwhile, Taemin was loss of words he was feeling angry and jealous. Angry because he was sick and he couldn't get himself got out from their Summer house. And he was jealous because his younger twin brother won it instead of him.

 

"Soojung."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I'm getting sleepy, can we continue this tomorrow?"

 

"Uhhh...sure."

 

Soojung stood up and gave him a good night kiss on the forehead before she went to her room. 

 

 

----------------

 

"Hey, do you still like him?"

 

Soojung stopped what she was doing, she didn't expect Taemin to ask hera question relating to his twin brother. She faced him and pretended she didn't get his question, Taemin knew he was faking but this doesn't stop him. He wanted to know so badly.

 

"Do you still like Jongin?"

 

"........."

 

"Silence means yes, you know?"

 

"Think whatever you want to think, oppa."

 

Hello!

 

Chapter two posted! Yay! I have new subscribers, thank you for subscribing. And to the people who commented, thank you also!!! Hehe. Have you guys seen the Wolf MV? Oh my God guys...Kai is freakin' hot there!!! It made me miss his old hairstyle and haircolor. Haha!