Stay Strong

Playful Kiss/Mischievous Kiss 2

playful-kiss-img-3.jpg

Oh HaNi

I think it’s a miracle for two people to like each other at the same time.

One day, will that miracle come true for me too?

 

~

 

“Lets have BBQ!” I pleaded.

 

“No! I want sushi!” argued EunJo from the backseat.

 

“Aww! BBQ!” I jumped up and down in my seat. “We had sushi 2 nights ago!”

 

“But I hardly got to eat any! Cause someone…” glowered EunJo “ate it all!”

 

I felt his stare bore into my back. I shrunk low into my seat face glowing red.

 

I felt SeungJo’s laugh shake the car.

 

I threw an ugly glare at him. Shouldn’t he stick up for his wife?

 

However he just kept his eyes forward on the road trying to hold back a smile.

 

I grumbled and sat back in my seat.

 

“Fatty Oh HaNi…” a voice teased from behind.

 

I squeezed my eyes shut and blocked my ears singing, “La la la la la la la~” trying to block out his taunting.

 

SeungJo’s laughter rocked the car even harder.

 

I grumbled. These two brothers…

 

“Fine, lets go to father’s shop to eat Ramen then!” said SeungJo suddenly breaking the teasing.

 

“Okay! I want to see HaNi’s daddy again! He hasn’t come home in days” clapped EunJo.

 

“Okay then its set! Lets go,” said SeungJo turning the wheel of the car around to the opposite road.

 

My mouth dropped open in shock.

 

“Yah! Baek SeungJo! Aren’t you going to ask your wife if she wants to go?” I asked grumpily.

 

“I don’t need to ask, you will eat anything,” said SeungJo without taking his eyes off the road ahead as we stopped at a red light.

 

EunJo snickered in the backseat.

 

“Yah!” I yelled at him.

 

SeungJo looked over at me, “Tell me I’m not correct” he said emotionlessly.

 

I looked him in the face, “It’s not true, I do not eat everything,” I said glaring.

 

SeungJo tipped his head to the side so that his fringe fell over right eye. He gave me the ‘are you serious’ look.

 

I stared intensely back at him for about 5 seconds.

 

“Fine…” I grumbled and my mouth turned into a pout. I leaned back into my seat and folded my arms across my chest.

 

Meany Baek SeungJo… Always right…

 

SeungJo chuckled and turned back to the road with a wide grin on his face. He stepped on the accelerate and the car shot forward.

 

SeungJo reached his hand out and ruffled my hair, “That’s my Oh HaNi” he snickered quietly so that EunJo couldn’t hear.

 

I stayed quiet keeping my eyes forward, careful not to leak away any emotion. Baek SeungJo needs a taste of his own medicine.

 

SeungJo’s hand dropped down from my head, caught my left arm, pulled it away from my chest and into my lap. His fingers then entwined themselves between mine, and squeezed lightly in comfort.

 

My face broke into a smile. I just can’t stay angry with him for long.

 

I looked over at him, but his face had returned back to the icy emotionless expression.

 

Typical Baek SeungJo style I snickered.

 

I looked back at our hands, my heart warmed instantly.

 

His hand fit perfectly with mine. Maybe this really is fate.

 

I leaned back in my seat and closed my eyes to enjoy the moment.

 

Ahh~ this is all I have ever dreamed of.

 

~

 

“Daddy!” I squealed and ran towards the old man standing behind the counter of the Ramen shop.

 

He looked up and his eyes instantly brightened up and a large smile spread across his face.

 

He shuffled out from around the counter and held his arms out.

 

I ran straight into his arms and he pulled me into a giant hug.

 

“HaNi-ah! I’ve missed you!” cried the old man.

 

“Same here Daddy! Come home soon!” I pouted.

 

I wiped my hand across his face, he’s growing old. I sighed.

 

I stepped back to let EunJo and SeungJo pass.

 

“Yahh~ EunJo is growing taller!” smiled Daddy pulling EunJo into a big hug, picking him off the ground and swinging him a big circle.

 

EunJo laughed as he set him down.

 

“Hello Father. How have you been recently?” smiled SeungJo bowing respectfully.

 

“SeungJo-ah! Is it just me or did you get even more handsome?” teased daddy, “Come here and give your old man a big hug!”

 

Daddy pulled him close and gave him a hug and pat on the back. SeungJo smiled.

 

“Uncle! What about me? Haven’t I gotten more handsome aswell?” asked EunJo swishing his hair.

 

Daddy laughed.

 

“Of course! No one can beat our little EunJo’s stunningly attractive looks!” crooned daddy.

 

All of us burst into laughter.

 

“Sit down, Sit down! Let me whip you guys up something appetizing in the kitchen okay?” smiled Daddy pushing all three of us onto a table.

 

“Daddy, do you want me to help?” I asked looking back at him.

 

“NO!” yelled all three males in unison.

 

I stared back at them in shock. EunJo and SeungJo grabbed my arms and pushed me down into my seat.

 

Daddy patted me on my head and rushed into the kitchen.

 

Okay… that was weird.

 

“Oh HaNi, don’t ever cook in your life” grumbled EunJo.

 

“Yah! Baek EunJo! Why can’t I cook, huh?!” I argued back.

 

“Because your cooking su-“ growled EunJo.

 

He was cut off by the tinkle of the bell motioning that someone had entered the shop.

 

EunJo was facing the door, as I watched him I saw his face suddenly flame red.

 

I looked around to see what he was looking at. SeungJo noticed too and also turned around in his seat.

 

There was a young elementary school girl standing there with her mother. The little girl looked about EunJo’s age, her hair was tied in 2 piggy tails with a bright pink headband. She was wearing a beautiful pale pink and purple gradient A-line dress stopping right above her knees. Under that she wore black leggings with sparkles embedded on the sides and pretty pink sandals.

 

One of the waiters motioned for the to sit in the booth directly opposite us.

 

I watched as EunJo’s eyes followed her as she walked and sat down. Not missing a single movement.

 

As if sensing someone was looking at her, the young girl turned around and looked at our table, the only other occupied table in the shop.

 

Her eyes widened with excitement as she scanned the people at our table.

 

I saw EunJo drop his head down low as she looked at us.

 

I smiled and poked EunJo with my finger, “Who is she?” I asked giggling.

 

“Shut Up, Oh HaNi” growled EunJo.

 

“Oooohhhh is she tha-“ I teased but was cut off by a sweet melancholy voice.

 

 “Hello”

 

I turned around in shock, along with EunJo and SeungJo.

 

The young girl was standing right in front of us.

 

EunJo’s face flamed even redder.

 

“Oh! Hello!” I smiled at her.

 

However she wasn’t looking at me.

 

I followed her gaze and landed on my handsome husband analyzing the menu bored.

 

“Hello, EunJo’s big brother” smiled the young girl.

 

EunJo perked up at his name, however his eyes drooped as he saw she wasn’t looking at him.

 

A sharp pang pierced my heart as I saw EunJo’s heartbroken expression.

 

SeungJo looked up surprised, his eyes widened when he caught sight of the young girl.

 

“Oh! Hello MiHyun” he said bowing his head slightly.

 

“You remembered my name!” squealed the young girl, supposedly named MiHyun.

 

He remembered your name?! What I want to know is how does he know your name!?

 

“Mummy!” she jumped up and down motioning for her mother to look at her.

 

“Yes darling?” her mother looked up from the menu to look at us.

 

“Look it’s my future husband! He’s right here! He even remembered my name! He’s good looking and smart! See I told you Mummy!” squealed the girl pointing intensely at my SeungJo.

 

EunJo, SeungJo and I’s eyes all grew wide in surprise and looked at MiHyun.

 

“Oh okay darling, I understand, he is quite good looking. Now come over here to choose what kind of ramen you want to eat.” Said the mother bored.

 

“Oh Okay,” said MiHyun. “Goodbye Oppa! See you next time! I love you!” she smiled and blew him a kiss.

 

I grinded my teeth together in anger. Oppa?! Love you?! How can you claim to love someone else’s husband!

 

I was about to jump out of my seat to explain to the young girl that SeungJo was married, when I felt someone grab my arm.

 

I turned around in shock and saw that it was SeungJo.

 

He shook his head slightly motioning towards EunJo.

 

I looked over at EunJo and saw his eyes glimmer in the bright lighting of the restaurant.

 

Was this the girl that he was styling his hair for this morning? My heart ached to see him like that.

 

I glared at the girl as she skipped back happily to her mother.

 

How can she ignore someone’s feelings like that! She didn’t even acknowledge EunJo!

 

Right on time Daddy arrived with 3 large bowels of ramen.

 

He set them down in front of us.

 

“Here you go! On the house! Eat up my little kiddies!” he grinned broadly at us.

 

“Father, you don’t have to do that, it’s okay. I’ll pay,” said SeungJo.

 

“No!” said father, holding up his hand in a stop motion, “No need! I want to treat my lovely children! You guys need your energy to step up your game if I want to see grandchildren in this lifetime!” laughed father.

 

My face flamed red.

 

I felt SeungJo fall silent as well.

 

“No need to be so embarrassed!” laughed father, patting SeungJo on the back, “Work hard son!”

 

With that Daddy retreated into the kitchen.

 

“You two are married?!” cried MiHyun from across the restaurant.

 

All of us turned around to look at her. Silence fell.

 

I opened my mouth to try and explain to her without hurting her feelings however I was cut off.

 

“YES!!! They are married! Do you have a problem with that?! My brother Baek SeungJo is married to Oh HaNi! They are married happily and no one can replace that, they are perfect together. Oh HaNi is the best sister-in-law anyone could have!” yelled EunJo jumping to his feet, tears rolling down his cute chubby cheeks.

 

All of us stared at EunJo wide eyed.

 

“There is no way you will EVER marry my big brother,” he growled directly at MiHyun.

 

Tears overflowed in MiHyun’s eyes and she raced out of the restaurant.

 

Her mother dropped the menu and chased after her without even looking at us.

 

Just as the door closed behind them EunJo collapsed into his seat. Both me and SeungJo stared open mouthed at him.

 

EunJo looked up wiping his tears from his eyes.

 

“EunJo-ah…” I whispered.

 

“Oh HaNi, your ramen is going to get cold if you don’t eat them now” he said pulling his own bowel towards himself and digging in.

 

However I saw tears drip from his eyes into the ramen bowel.

 

I looked at SeungJo, he too had a worried look on his face.

 

Poor EunJo. Stay strong

 

~

 

That night when EunJo had fallen asleep I went back to me and SeungJo’s room. I sat down at the table with a plop, EunJo-ah…

 

My heart ached to see him like this. He didn’t talk all the way back from the shop. Through the review mirror I saw him crying silently in the back seat.

 

I looked at SeungJo and saw that he too was worried.

 

EunJo went straight to shower and bed when we got back without a word.

 

“It’s not going to do anything to just sit there and feel sad about it,” said SeungJo.

 

I turned around in shock and saw him ruffling his wet hair with a towel.

 

“But EunJo’s feelings are deeply hurt!” I argued, “Aren’t you going to do anything about it?”

 

“He’s my brother, of course I don’t like to see him hurt. But what can I do?” he said emotionlessly.

“You emotionless monster” I grumbled turning around in my seat facing away from him.

 

“Yah…” he grumbled, “Wait… or are you depressed because your jealous of that little girl wanting to marry me” his voice changed into a teasing tone.

 

“What?! NO!” I yelled back at him spinning around in my chair.

 

“Shhh! EunJo’s sleeping!” he motioned with his hand to the other room.

 

I pouted and turned my back on him.

 

I heard him chuckle.

 

Silence fell.

 

“Oh My Gosh!” I jumped up suddenly and ran to my bag, I pulled out the giant stack of clipboards that Head Nurse Kim had given to me in the hospital.

 

I dumped it onto the table with a loud thump.

 

“Yah! Didn’t I just say EunJo was sleeping!?” hissed SeungJo from the bed.

 

“Sorry!” I whispered back.

 

“What is that?” asked SeungJo.

 

“My patient’s paperwork, I have to redo them again! And hand it in my tomorrow!” I cried.

 

“Oh Okay, I’m going to bed then. Don’t make any loud noises,” said SeungJo pulling up the covers.

 

My eyes widened at my husband. How can he do this to me?! Leave me alone to fend on my own! He really is a heartless monster.

 

“But SeungJo-ah” I whined, “Please help meee”

 

“You have to do this sort of thing by yourself you know, “ grumbled SeungJo from the bed.

 

“But…” I pouted.

 

SeungJo suddenly sat up straight in the bed, I jumped back in shock, “Tell you what, lets have a bet” he said smiling slightly.

 

My eyes widened. Is Baek SeungJo challenging me? Bring it on!

 

“Okay!” I smiled enthusiastically.

 

He smiled, “If Head Nurse Kim passes your papers then I will do something for you, if you don’t pass then you have to do something for me”, his smile turned into an evil smirk.

 

I shuddered, looked at the clipboards and back to my husband.

 

I took a deep breath.

 

“Alright Baek SeungJo, Bring it on!” I fist pumped the air.

 

SeungJo laughed and nodded. He then immediately shuffled back to sleep.

 

I looked at his sleeping body. Hmm… what should I make him do for me? I grinned evilly.

 

Omo! Date! Lets go on a date! I’ve never been on a proper one, last time we tried unexpected things got caught up in between.

 

I will make him wear couple clothing with me, watch a movie, go shopping… hmmm… and also eat *BingSu together!

 

This time I shall succeed!

 

Hwaiting Oh HaNi!

 

I grabbed a pen and flipped open the first clipboard in the pile.

 

~~~

 

 

HIYAA MY LOVELLY PEEEPPSSSS

 

WILL OH HANI SUCCEED WITH HER DATE THIS TIME?! OR WILL SEUNGJO WIN THE BET… WHAT WILL HE HAVE PLANNED FOR HER… MUHAHAHAHA

 

HOPE U GUYS ENJOY THE STORY SO FAR! THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR THE VOTESSS *EYES FILL WITH TEARS OF JOY*

 

*BingSu – famous traditional Korean shaved ice with flavored topping, Yum Yum! XD

 

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE TO TELL ME OUR THOUGHTS AND IDEAS!

 

I AM OPEN TO ANY SUGGESTIONS! PLEASE REVIEW!

 

ANYWAY, Until next time!

 

xoxo <3