five.

Raincallers

The next morning was a Saturday, fortunately.

I woke up with severe headaches – even two drinks were too much for me – and when I thought about my behavior, it got even worse. And just the fact alone that I behaved to Sungyeol like that made it much, much worse. Still, I did go to the kitchen for breakfast, and saw him eating silently. He didn't look up when I sat down, like he would usually do. So he must be really upset.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"Sorry for what?" he asked in a reserved tone. Don't be like that, please don't, I beg him in my mind.

"Sorry for my behavior, yesterday. It wasn't right. I shouldn't be yelling at the person who genuinely wanted to help me."

I heard him chuckling. "It's fine. Alcohol makes us do things we regret, to all of us."

This made me smile, and I felt the relief in my soul. And his tone seemed a bit less reserved.

"Why are you awake on this time, anyways?" I asked, now that I knew that he was alright, now that he had said it.

"I want to buy some clothes, and paper, pens, and books as well as CDs. To sum it up, I go shopping today. And, I have to bring my laptop from Yongin. So I guess I will go shopping in Yongin, that'd be clever. What about you?"

I assumed that he originally lived in Yongin, which was about an hour away from Seoul. "I will go shopping, too. Buying pens and paper. Maybe I'll take a look at tablets."

He chuckled. "I thought you disliked them?"

"Well, how can I dislike something without even properly knowing it?" I chuckled, then, and he joined in.

"That's right."

There was a pause. I almost wanted to ask him if we could go shopping together, in Yongin, but I didn't. Somehow, I felt like it would just intrude his privacy. And the things he added, then, were just proof.

"It'd be better if I go alone," he said. "If you don't mind."

"Ah, of course not." I smiled. He stood up, then, and his lips curved up to a smile.

"Have a nice day, Woohyun-hyung."

"You too, Sungyeol. Enjoy your stay in Yongin." I hesitated before I added, "if you don't know the way back here, or if you drink, call me."

Sungyeol laughed.

-

When I was in the market, trying to choose the best pencils – and there were differences between them, believe it or not – Naeun spotted me. "Oh, hi, Woohyun-oppa!" she said in her pretty voice.

"Hi there," I replied with a grin. Naeun was one classmate of mine, pretty talented in sketching. She had a pretty face, though, so I guess she would be spotted by scouts soon. Scouts loved girls with small frames, a pretty smile and an average body, and they preferred girls who were in high school. And when they accepted, they would be put with other girls (maybe four, five, or even six) in a dorm, which would be as small as hell and uncomfortable also, and they would practice until they fainted, and then debut. Maybe they'd do it, maybe not, that depended on many factors. But above them all was the simple fact that they could basically forget their lives after a scout spotted them. If they were brave enough to say no, though.

That was the life of a female trainee, and the one of a male trainee wasn't better.

"How are you today?" Naeun asked me.

"I'm fine. I'm searching for some pencils."

"Oh? What kind of pencils?"

"Hm, HB and 5B. Maybe some colored pencils, too."

"I see." She nodded, totally understanding what I meant (of course she did). And then, I noticed the eyebags. Big, black, the type you couldn't conceal. She must be a trainee, then, I assumed. But then again, why did I think even so much of that matter? It wasn't like I was going to debut, anyways.

"Naeun-ah!" a different voice called. Naeun turned around and I could catch a glimpse of the girl who called her. She had straight, black hair, a pale skin color and friendly-looking eyes.

"Yes, Chorong-unnie?" she asked back.

"Who is that one?" she approached us, and I have to say, she really, really was pretty. The type whom you could fall in love with. And even though she addressed me as that one, I wasn't really mad at her. Instead, I smirked.

"I'm Woohyun," I introduced myself.

"Ah. Hello, Woohyun-sshi," she said. Her voice was smooth, and calm. "I'm Park Chorong, Naeun's friend."

"I haven't seen you in school though?" I asked. Really, I would've noticed her if we would attend the same school. She was too pretty to not be noticed.

"Really?" she chuckled. "Well, but I did notice you. Actually, it was my friend who proposed to you a few days ago." She paused before she added, "Not like you can't be overlooked that easily."

"Really?" I asked and laughed, my gaze at my shoes.

"Yes." she smiled, and it was one of the prettiest smiles I've seen on girls so far. Not like, say, Naeun, hadn't a pretty smile – no, theirs was pretty as well – but Chorong's had something. Something…different. I wondered if Sungyeol would laugh at me, if he would be here.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, then. I guessed it was Boohyun. "I've got to go," I said.  Then, looking at Chorong, I added, "We should meet one day."

 She returned it, and nodded. "We really should."

"See you, then!"

"See you!" the girls chirped. I went a bit out of their sight, and then I took the call. "Yes?" I asked.

"Woohyun!" Boohyun replied, his voice full with worry. "Why haven't you picked up your phone yesterday?"

"Sorry," I simply said.

"You were drunk, right? You shouldn't! And who was this guy?"

I sighed. "Sungyeol, you mean?"

"Yes! The one who has the same name like the author, I remember. Anyways, what is he doing home?"

"He… is a friend of mine and staying for a while. Why? It's not like any of you return soon," I said, with a more bitter tone than intended.

"What? Aren't Mom and Dad back yet?"

"Why don't you come once in a while to check it out?" I said, definitely angry now.

"So you're still angry at me because I left, huh? But Woohyun, I have to work. In case you haven't noticed, I pay for your needs, right?"

"Then why aren't you there? Do you think you can send me love with money? Newsflash: you can't." I exhaled, and it helped me to cool down a bit. "Boohyun-hyung." I then said. "Please, there is no use in this conversation. If you want to know, then no, Mom and Dad aren't back yet. I'm sorry because of my behavior. Now, I'm going to end the call, okay?"

Boohyun sighed. "Okay. But please, Woohyun – I do love you."

I ended the call, without saying a word. The conversation, Boohyun's voice repeated in my heart over and over again, while I examined some pencils. Then, I decided to buy the 5B pencil only, since I remembered that I did have some HB pencils. In that moment, I thought about the things Boohyun said about Sungyeol.

"The one who has the same name like the author, I remember."

I stood at my place, for good ten seconds. Sungyeol wouldn't tell me if he'd be really an author. But there was another person who really, really would. Plus, I've already missed him.

That person was no other than Kim Sunggyu.

-

"Woohyun! It's been a while!" Sunggyu exclaimed happily when he saw me. Sunggyu was a guy who was slightly smaller than me, with ridiculous small eyes that almost vanished when he smiled. He had short black hair with bangs, which made his eyes look even smaller. But he had a big heart, and a bigger passion – the dream of performing rock on a stage. Plus he had been my best friend for ages.

"It is!" I returned with a wide smile. "How have you been?"

"Just fine! Although I can't say that I wasn't concerned about you, of course." Sunggyu let me in, and while I comfortably sat down on the couch, he brewed some tea for us. I chuckled on his response.

"I am just two years younger than you, hyung."

"Two years make seven hundred thirty days, Woohyun. And that, again, makes-"

"I got it, man." I laughed and Sunggyu joined in quickly. He came, then, with two cups of brewing black tea, handed me one of the china cups and sat down.

"How are you?" he asked after taking a sip from the tea.

"Fine, " I replied. "I have a new housemate."

"Is it Boohyun-hyung?"

"Hmm. He isn't. Speaking of him, he called me today. Said that he pays for my needs." I sighed. "He will never understand what I really need."

Sunggyu nodded in understatement. Of course he knew. He knew every single detail about my life. "Who is it, then?"

I paused, unsure how to begin it in the first place. I could ask you the same question, his name is Sungyeol, is there an author with the same name? Certainly not. So I just said, "Sungyeol is his name."

Sunggyu looked at me again and nodded. "Hmm. Rare, but nice name. Kind of like-"

"-the name of an author?" I helped him. Sunggyu's eyes widened a bit when he heard my reply.

"Yes, actually I was going to say that," he said slowly. "Lee Sungyeol is the name of the author, though. God knows how many other Lee Sungyeol's are out there, too."

"I guess the world is so small that I think we're talking about the same person," I replied.

"Can't be. I don't think that." He stood up while I took a sip from the tea this time. It was still a bit hot, but the type of hot that warmed your body throughout. Sunggyu shook his head. "I don't think that it is that way, but let's see." He went to one of his bookshelves and searched for a book. After a couple of minutes, he came back with a thin book in his hand. The hardcover told me, Dance of the Stars, by a very Lee Sungyeol. My hands started trembling as I opened the book and flipped through the pages.

"Do you want to read it?" Sunggyu asked. "It's good, actually." I knew he said it just to distract me, but my head was just fixed at the author profile at the end of the book. And I found it, at the end. There was no image attached to it, but the description itself was enough for me.

Lee Sungyeol is a young, aspiring author at the age of seventeen. While other adolescents his age spend their times in clubs, he writes encouraging, beautiful stories for young adults from a young adult. He lives with his family currently in Yongin, Gyeonggi-do.

My heart almost stopped at that line (and it seems now so funny to me that I reacted that way)

So I guess I will go shopping in Yongin, that'd be clever, he had said to me this morning.

"The world is so small," I whispered.

"Is it the same Sungyeol who lives with you? And how did he even-" Sunggyu asked.

"It's the very same Sungyeol." I recalled how he didn't want to say his last name, and I chuckled, heck even laughed. What a childish action – an action that only worked on selfish, selfish Nam Woohyun.

"And how…?"

"Take a good sip of your tea, I'm going to tell you the whole story," I said and took a deep sip of mine as well, before I started to tell the story that started on a rainy day. A story which isn't done, yet.


a/n: Oh yes I got to update that one! Shoutout to Sky because she's impatient. Also, I'm so fond of this story, you have no idea. Elly.