Boyfriend 8

Boyfriend

 



 

Kyuhyun couldn't help himself from glancing at the door reflecting back his own reflection, checking himself from time to time. He intentionally went out early, so that Hyukjae did not have to wait for him. A horn from his back making him jumped for second, after assuring it was Hyukjae's car, he ran quickly towards the older's car.

 

'Sorry. Have you wait for long?' Hyukjae asked, opening the door for him from his seat.

 

Kyuhyun shook his head and hopped in to the seat. 'Not that long. Something hold you?' He asked and Hyukjae let out long sighed.

 

'Yeah, Donghae and Siwon are really too much now. Acting as if they are the only coulple in this world.' Hyukjae said, remembering back the argument he had with Donghae when he asked the other to cover his job because he wanted to treat Kyuhyun lunch. Donghae had whined like a baby, telling Hyukjae that he cannot work over time today since Siwon and him have their own date. At the end, Zhoumi come and volunteered, after he was tired listening to the non stop bickering two childish adult. 'Luckily we have Mimi, or else I don't know what should I do. I couldn't close that cafe anymore. The business is not going so well now.' Hyukjae said, letting out another sigh.

 

Kyuhyun just nodded symphaty with him. 'Don't worry. Everything will be better soon.' He said.

 

Hyukjae smiled listening to it. 'Let's not think about it. Because today, I will treat you whatever you wanted to eat.' Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow to him.

 

'Why are you so nice?' He asked. 'Are you always this nice? I think Siwon told me once that you're really a stingy person. There's no way you will treat me for free, am I right?' He asked.

 

'Well, I want to apologize.' Hyukjae shrugged.

 

'You can just bring me to your cafe instead of treating me.' Kyuhyun said. 'That way you can save up your money.'  

 

'Never said it was my money though.' Hyukjae said and started driving.

 

'What do you mean... Oh my god. Siwon's card is still with you, right?' Kyuhyun asked, remembered that Siwon had given Hyukjae his credit card yesterday, as a payment for him to babysit him.

 

Hyukjae whistled and took the card from his wallet. Both of them laughed when Hyukjae showed Siwon gold credit card.

 

'Siwon is going to bankrupt soon.' Kyuhyun laughed, shaking his head.

 

***

Hyukjae hummed song while resting his tired yet full of food body, leaning to a tree, while watching Kyuhyun approaching him. They decided to rest at the park two block from the fancy restaurant where they have spent Siwon's credit card.

 

'What are you doing?' Hyukjae asked, watching Kyuhyun keep doing something with a leaf.

 

'Did you know that you can produce sound just from blowing to this leaf?' Kyuhyun asked, and Hyukjae shook his head, looking at Kyuhyun interested. 'I'm going to show you then.' Kyuhyun said and put the leaf next to his lips and blow to it. Hyukjae's face turned surprise when Kyuhyun could produce sound from the leaf. Not just a stupid sound, but it was melodic to Hyukjae.

 

'How did you do that?' Hyukjae asked as soon as Kyuhyun finished performing.

 

'Appa taught me when I was still a kid. When I was a kid, I had always wanted to play harmonica. But we are poor back then, so he couldn't afford to buy one for me. So Appa taught me this skill, replacing the harmonica.' Kyuhyun explained.

 

'Kyuhyun, do you like music?' Hyukjae asked and Kyuhyun nodded. 'Like Henry?'

 

'I do love music, but nothing like Henry, I love singing more. Henry is more to playing instrument. That boy could play violin, piano, guitar. Just give him any musical instrument, he can play with it. The only instrument I could play are piano, clarinet and harmonica. But Umma always praised me for having good voice.' Kyuhyun said happily. 'Siwon is the worst. He can't sing or play instrument like us. But he really good at making money.' He joked, making Hyukjae laughed at his statement. 'What did you love to do, Hyukjae?' 

 

Hyukjae blushed when his eyes met Kyuhyun. He cleared his throat before replying to his question. 'Well... I really love dancing. And my dream was to open a dancing academy.' He said. 'But then dream is a dream. Reality is far away from dream.' He said, playing with the grass. 

 

'You're not happy with your cafe?' Kyuhyun asked. 

 

'Its not that I'm not happy, it just... its hard. I don't have heart inside it. And the cafe is slowly running to it close. I know and its all my fault.' Hyukjae said. 'That cafe belong to my family, and they expect me to run it for them after I've graduated. So, here I am. A cafe owner instead of dancing academy.' He said and laughed. Hyukjae stood up, brushing off the dust from his pants. 'Shall we?' He asked and let out his hand for Kyuhyun to reach, which Kyuhyun accepted gladly. 

 

'Don't you want to run after your dream?' Kyuhyun asked. Hyukjae just smiled. 'Appa always taught me to chase after my dream.' 

 

'Well, you're the lucky one.' Hyukjae said, walking away first to his car without waiting for Kyuhyun to follow.

 

*** 

'Appa.' Kyuhyun called, knocking the door of Hankyung study room. 'Can I've moment with you?' He asked and Hankyung closed his laptop. 

 

'What did you want to ask?' Hankyung asked after Kyuhyun sat on the other chair. 

 

'How did you become successful in your business?' He asked and Hankyung raised his eyebrow. 

 

'I love doing this.' He netherless still answered his son question. 'And I did it so that I can afford to take care of your mum, you, Siwon and Henry. I always have the thought about my family, and I wanted the best for all of us.' 

 

'Can you not being successful if you don't love your job?' Kyuhyun asked, settled down next to Hankyung.

 

'Just because you don't love your job, doesn't mean you can't be successful. It just a little bit hard and a lot of effort had to poured into your job, because you don't have the heart to do it fully.' Hankyung said. 'Why did you asked?'

 

Kyuhyun shook his head, leaning on Hankyung's shoulder. 'I have a friend. He run a business, just like you. But he didn't like doing it because his heart was at something else. He done it for his parents.' Kyuhyun said, referring to Hayukjae's story from before.  

 

Hankyung just smiled at his son. Even though Henry was his younger son, but to Hankyung Kyuhyun had always being his baby. 'When you're small, I always regretting of not being able to fulfill my promise to you. I know that you always envying your friend who always got what they wanted instantly, while you've to wait for it. I still remembered the time where you're asking me to buy the harmonica you really like. But because I couldn't afford it, and we need to pay more attention to Siwon as he was at his final year, I replace your harmonica with leaf.' Hankyung said and Kyuhyun nodded. 'I can tell that you're not that happy, because you're sulking for three days after that.' He paused and laughed. 'But because you really wanted to play harmonica, you finally give in and copied what I've done with the leaf.'

 

'I success after three times.' Kyuhyun added.

 

Hankyung laughed. 'Yes. Indeed you are. But then, you started to get bored and stopped playing with it.'

 

'I'm not bored, appa. I'm just busy.' Kyuhyun said, defending himself.

 

'That was very nice of you.' Hankyung said and ruffling Kyuhyun's hair. 'I know it not the same with the harmonica, but in order to take care of my feeling, you finally give in and never ever asked for it anymore. But Kyuhyun, I do know that you're sad at that time. Siwon told me that you always plastering at the music shop, looking at the harmonica.'

 

'I didn't. Siwon just making up story.' He said, blushing.

 

'And remembered when you finally get the harmonica on your birthday? You played with it non stop, until your umma had to snatched it from you.' Hankyung said and laughed remembering the event where Kyuhyun had disturbing everyone with his harmonica. 'Henry couldn't even sleep because of you.'

 

'Henry couldn't stand any noise at all.' Kyuhyun said scoffing.

 

'But it didn't stop you from playing, isnt it?' Hankyung asked and Kyuhyun reluctantly nodded. 'That show me how much you will do when you love doing it, Kyuhyun. Take example from it. The leaf wasn't something you loved, but in order to satisfied me, you bear with it for week. But then you started to distancing yourself. But when you got the harmonica, nothing was able to stop you. It just the same as your friend. He run the business for his parents, not for himself. I'm not praying for this to happen, but I know, at one point, he will soon stop doing it. Because he is not happy.'

 

'But it was his family's business, Appa.' Kyuhyun said.

 

'What did I always told you, Kyuhyun?' Hankyung asked.

 

'To chase after my dream. Even if the whole world was against me. As long as I'm happy and satisfied, and will never blamed anyone for my own mistake.' Kyuhyun recited back what Hankyung had told him ever since he was small. Hankyung nodded at him. 'He should chase after his dream too. Because that way he will have his pure happiness.'

 

'It would be very hard for him, because we don't understand his circumstance. But know one thing, Kyuhyun, there's always no harm in trying.' Hankyung said, and Kyuhyun nodded understand.

 

'Done with your moment? I need to cuddle with my husband.' Both father and son laughed at Heechul's statement from outside.

 

Kyuhyun stood up and opened the door. 'Appa is all yours now, Umma.' Kyuhyun said and laughed.

 

'Good thing you know that. Baby~ can you massages my back? I'm so damn tired from doing house core today.' Kyuhyun could heard Hankyung laughed and patted the sofa. He shrugged and went to his room, thinking ways to helping Hyukjae achieving his dream to opened a dancing academy.

 

'Chullie...' Hankyung called his wife who was in bless being massaged by him.

 

'Hmm?'

 

'I think my baby had grown up.' Hankyung said, carefully playing with his words.

 

'He's now seventeen.' Heechul answered. 'Of course he had to grown up. Or else I'll have to force him.'

 

'I don't mean it that way.' Hankyung said and sighed. 'I think he was in love with someone.'

 

No words coming from Heechul, making Hankyung curious.

 

'I know.' Heechul simply said, making Hankyung stopped massaging him. 'I forced Siwon and Henry to spill the bean. Kyuhyun had never refused to eat his meal, and he spent times out a lot now. Happened that he was captivated by a baker.' Heechul hissed annoyed.

 

'I'll rooting for him, you know.' Hankyung said.

 

'I know. He's always your apple.' Heechul said. 'Kyuhyun had been a wonderful boy, although he's a brat. Always giving in for Siwon and Henry.' Heechul added.

 

'So your rule?' Hankyung was confused.

 

'Honey, I fall in love with you when I was sixteen. I know how hard it was when our parents were opposed against our marriage. Do you think that I'll really stop them just because they're still young?' Heechul asked. 'I'm their mother, of course I want the best for them. If they were so in love with their partner, all they have to do is show me that their partner worth it. That's all. Now, I'm tired and I demand you to keep massaging me. No argument is valid.' Heechul said and walked to their own bedroom. 'I'm waiting.' He said and Hankyung turned off his study room light, shaking his head of his wife weird way of thinking and acting.

 



Ha.. this is super lame... But I think most of you can guess that I'm gonna end this rushly. (Seriously I don't know why I always love to rushing towards the end of my story.)

 

Enjoy everyone.

 

p/s: I don't think anyone still remember this story. Admit that you've to return back to prev chapter to know what this story is all about.. >,<