Classes, Clubs and Friends Oh My!

By Any Other Name

            “What exactly is going on here?” Two voices called out, the three brothers looked in their direction as did the fighting duo. Through the small crowd that had gathered there came three very tall people. They guy Eunhyuk was fighting against seemed happy to see them and behind Eunhyuk, Henry and Heechul gasped.

            “Nothing much, this weird person ran into me and has the gall to say I need an attitude adjustment! Completely uncalled for don’t you think Andrew?” The unnamed guy asked. Eunhyuk, who had been observing his ‘opponent’ scoffed and mentally decided to call him a puppy since he looked like one-albeit a good-looking one, but that hardly mattered since his attitude was ty and Eunhyuk therefore had no thoughts of even becoming friends with him.

            “Excuse me! Before you decide to go there, let me just say, all I did was walk around a corner when you were standing practically attached to the bloody wall ok? And two, I would have apologized for running into you, had you given me a second to stand up-since I fell down in case your head was too far up your to notice, but you decided to open your mouth and yell at me then proceeded to call me an , exactly how do you not need an attitude adjustment?” Eunhyuk asked feeling his face flush in pure annoyance at the gall of this guy. He also felt a false smile come onto his face as he continued talking and was clutching his notebook harder as his irritation grew.

            “Sorry Aiden, it seems like you’re in the wrong this time…especially if you didn’t even give him the chance to stand up.” The broader one said coming up and patting Mr Puppy on the shoulder before turning and smiling at Eunhyuk. The mini crowd, seeing that the fight was over went back to their own lives. Eunhyuk acknowledged him with a smile and was about to leave with his brothers when Andrew stopped him by placing a hand on his shoulder.

            “I haven’t seen you around before are you new? The idiot you ran into is Aiden-he’s a sophomore, the really tall person behind me is U-Know, a senior, the slightly shorter person is Mimi- a junior and I’m Andrew, also a senior…how about you?” He asked his smile still in place. Eunhyuk felt his eyebrow twitch at how happy this guy was and would have completely disregarded his question if something about U-Know hadn’t caught his eye.

            “Um, you probably haven’t seen us around before because we just moved here.” Eunhyuk responded inching closer to his brothers. Andrew seemed genuinely confused when he said we so he moved to where his brother were standing, slightly off to the side and then proceeded to introduce them all.

            “Um, I’m Spencer and I’m a sophomore, my younger brother Henry, also a sophomore. And these are my two older brothers, Hero and Casey who are seniors.” Eunhyuk introduced themselves with the English names he and his brothers had decided to use last night. The one introduced as U-Know looked up from the phone in his hand and when his eyes landed on Jaejoong they widened almost comically causing Eunhyuk’s to smile widely. Heechul had looked down with a smile when U-Know looked up while Henry had turned his head to the side with a snicker. Jaejoong who had been putting his phone into his binder looked up to see why his brothers were laughing only to look directly at Yunho. He closed his eyes and opened it again still seeing him standing there. Jaejoong blinked rapidly before opening his mouth to question what was going on when Yunho beat him to it.

            “The bell’s going to ring in less than a minute…which classes do you guys have? We can accompany you since it’s your first day.” He said shooting them a sheepish smile. Eunhyuk couldn’t help but look away to hide his smile knowing exactly what Yunho was playing at.  Andrew and Mimi nodded while Aiden just huffed angrily before walking off on his own. Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow in the stalking teen’s direction and looked back to the three left standing there.

            “Sorry, he tends to get bratty when we go against him and thereby ‘betray’ him…he’ll come around.” Mimi said looking at them and offering a small tentative smile. The four brothers smiled back a little before telling the remaining three their classes.

            “Ok, I can walk Hero to his AP Chemistry right since I have the same class. Mimi can walk Henry and Spencer to the sophomore History class since it’s in the same direction as your Political Science class while Andrew can walk Casey to his Psychology class since that is your lecture now as well.” U-know said taking immediate control of the situation causing the brothers to nod and quickly pull Andrew and Mimi away so that Yunho and Jaejoong could get some time to talk, although that would be slightly difficult in the flowing hallways of high school.

            Once left alone, Jaejoong looked down a small flush on his face while Yunho rubbed the nape of his neck a little unsure how to start a conversation with someone whom he was so close to on the net.

            “Ah…shouldn’t we be walking to class?’ Jaejoong questioned moving a little closer to Yunho so that he wouldn’t need to shout. Yunho looked down at the shorter male before nodding and walking off leaving Jaejoong to follow behind him. They were silent as they left the hall they were standing in and moved towards another one until Yunho spoke.

            “When you said you were coming near Chicago, I kind of had hoped you would be moving here or at least somewhere close by…so to see you today…”  Yunho trailed off at the end unable to hide his slight embarrassment. Jaejoong turned away slightly to hide his flushed cheeks as well. He cleared his throat before speaking.

            “Well, imagine my surprise then at seeing you when I look up from my binder! And anyway, it’s a little too late to be talking about those things right? You are here and now, so am I.” Jaejoong said quietly, looking up at Yunho. Yunho nodded before he continued speaking.

            Yunho asked.

            “Honestly Yun! You act like I’m a one night stand that you didn’t want to run into because you regret it. We have been e-friends for over a year now…in fact, you were pretty much the only person I trusted enough to cry in front of…excluding my brothers. So we continue that relationship.” Jaejoong spoke puffing his cheeks slightly at the end in indignation. Yunho chuckled lightly before nodding.

            “Friends then?” Yunho asked unable to hide his amusement at the cute pout on Jaejoong’s face.

            “Idiot best friends…unless I find someone better of course!” Jaejoong commented in an off-hand manner. Yunho lightly pushed him while laughing.

            “Nn…so tell me about your ‘amazing’ school. You said something about the choir last time…a friend had joined or something and languages!! I love learning new ones!” Jaejoong said quickly picking up pace. Yunho laughed.

            “Are you sure you’re older than me? And yeah a friend of mine did join the choir, but if I remember right, you’ll be joining it soon as well so you’ll get to meet him. As for the languages, we have required high school second language of French or Spanish but after school clubs exist for other ones.” Yunho explained picking up and dropping the conversations in a pattern he had become used to after dealing with Jaejoong for a year.

            “Yah!  I am older even if it’s only a couple days ok! And how the heck am I supposed to know whether or not I meet him if you don’t even tell me his bloody name! I need a name or am I supposed to go around asking people if they are your friend huh? I took French in my old school so I guess I’ll continue that here but what language club exists and does that coincide with choir?” Jaejoong rattled as they got closer to the class door. Yunho pointed at the door and they went in, Jaejoong taking a seat next to Yunho. They didn’t notice that half the class was whispering while looking at them since they were absorbed in their conversation.

            “You don’t even look older than me! And you’re free to go around asking, I’m not going to stop you, but you’ll know it’s him ‘cause 1-he’s a brat, 2-he’s younger than you and in our year since he’s a ‘genius’ and 3- He’s going to extremely wary and sarcastic to you off the bat so you should recognize him. But in case you don’t I’m going to the mall with him after club activity today so I’ll introduce you two. I take Spanish, not French…but Andrew takes French if it eases your mind, you’ll already know someone. The clubs do coincide so you’ve got a choice or you can be like the genius brat who is taking two clubs and managing them both…well that’s kind of rude to say I suppose considering I’m doing the same…” Yunho said looking at the clock and noticing they still had a couple seconds before the teacher came in.

            “Let’s bank the older topic ok! I know I barely look older than Hyukkie sometimes…and in the choir room I’m looking for a brat with a smart-mouth younger than me that ought to help Gee thanks an-” Jaejoong had started ranting, but was forced to stop halfway when the teacher entered much to Yunho’s amusement. Jaejoong stuck his tongue out at him before pulling out a notebook and focusing on the teacher. The teacher however, was looking around the class and when he spotted Jaejoong, called him to the front. The class turned to look at him and this time, he noticed the whispers going around as well as Yunho’s snickers at his embarrassment.

            Jaejoong stood up and adjusted the collar of his black turtle neck before walking to the front of the classroom ignoring Yunho. He kept his head down hoping not to have to give an introduction standing in front of the class, but luck wasn’t on his side today. The teacher moved to his desk and came back with a textbook for Jaejoong and stopped him before he could head back to his seat.

            “This is Hero Kim, he transferred from Jersey with his brothers if his previous grades are anything to go by, he’s a good student, so don’t ruin him you lot!” The teacher said patting his back before gesturing to his seat.

            “Sir, could he look up first, we need to see his face so we know who not to influence.” A guy from the back called out playfully. Jaejoong could feel his face flush. He looked up at the class and the blush on his cheeks increased as the girls immediately started whispering amongst themselves while some boys were staring at him wide-eyed.  He looked towards Yunho and puffed his cheeks when he saw the smirk. He was about to head back to his seat when a girl from the back suddenly called out.

            “Hey cutie, dating anybody?” The entire class burst out laughing and couple guys wolf-whistled and Yunho buried his head in his arms while his shoulders shook from repressed laughter. He flushed slightly and headed back to his seat making sure to kick Yunho before sitting down. He opened the textbook to the page Yunho pointed to and faced the front once again pen poised in his hand and ready for another lecture full of the wonders of organic chemistry.

CXfgxp2obp80ceFew4D7YfBvbWu1wlP_8enLxmyG

            Heechul walked behind Andrew which turned out to be a good thing as it ensured that he didn’t get run into by the hurrying students while acting as a perfect conversation stopper as well. Unfortunately, he didn’t get the chance to stay quiet for too long. They reached a quieter part of the hallway and Andrew quickly fell back so they were walking in step with each other. Heechul continued looking down hoping no conversation would happen.

            “So…it’s nice to see you again. I had hoped we would meet after last night.” Andrew said casting a sideways look at Heechul. Heechul looked down and blushed lightly. Andrew smiled at the adorable picture Heechul presented.

            “Did you end up finding a solution to what we talked about?” Andrew asked a little concern audible in his voice. Heechul glanced up for a second before looking back down and nodding.

            “I-I decided th-that if my family is happy with the way life has taken him, then I can be happy for him.” Heechul whispered voice growing steadied as he spoke, although it didn’t grow louder.  Andrew looked ahead and nodded slightly, before asking another question.

            “But, what if the one at the crossroads that your family friend-older brother- was at…was you? What would you do then?” Andrew asked, quietly. Heechul could feel Andrew check his reaction to the question before continuing to walk. Heechul took a deep breath before answering.

            “I-I don’t know if I can choose at that crossroad or if I’d let the society tell me what to do. I know it’s my happiness that is at stake…but for me that would be-” Heechul stopped speaking finding that he was struggling to put the terror he felt at defying the one thing in life that had been constant and turning away from it. He felt a comforting hand on his shoulder before he could panic and looked up to find Andrew looking at him with concern in his eyes. He took a deep breath and slowly let it out calming himself, before realizing that they had stopped walking. He turned forward again and started walking and soon felt Andrew walking next to him. A small uncomfortable silence stretched between the two of them.

            “So…umm…a-are you in any a-after school c-clubs?” Heechul asked quietly, attempting to break the ice. Andrew looked at him in mild surprise before smiling.

            “Yeah I am. I take part in the basketball club and am a member of the theatre club as well. Would you be participating in any clubs?” Andrew asked, curious. Heechul nodded his head and bit his lip lightly before answering.

            “I-I play the v-violin so I’ll be in the orchestra and I’m thinking maybe a creativity club…like art or story writing…” Heechul said quietly fiddling with his hair. Andrew smiled.

            “We do have an art club…but no specific story writing club, although there is a book lovers’ club. But be careful when you join the art club, the head of the club is also our math teacher and she really singles you out if you aren’t good at her subject.” Andrew said running a hand through his black hair.

            “Oh.” Heechul said as a small pout appeared on his lips. “Then I shouldn’t join art club, I barely pass math. If there isn’t a story writing club, then I’m not sure what other club I can join.” Heechul said quietly.

            “Hey, I said there isn’t an official story writing club, but there are clubs always looking for stories.” Andrew said with a smile. Heechul looked up at him in confusion.

            “We have a cinematography club and they along with the theatre club are always looking for original script and stories. In fact, almost every year, the main play we put is an original script by the students.” Andrew said offering Heechul a smile. Heechul returned it tentatively.

            “Oh…wow, but that isn’t something I can always do right?” Heechul asked.

            “We put on other plays too…and if the theatre club isn’t accepting at the moment- which I think we are right now by the way- the cinematography club is happy to accept.” Andrew answered. Heechul nodded, looking a little bit better.

            “Do you have a play that you could submit? Because you get to help out in the production as well…” Andrew tapered off towards the end as he saw Heechul bit his lips in thought.

            “I do have one that I recently finished but…” Heechul let it go in the end, his slight insecurities growing at the thought of actually submitting his work somewhere.

            “Hey, no worries, I can take you to the drama club after school and you can give the play to our teacher. I’m sure she would love to see whatever it is you’ve got up your sleeve.” Andrew said shooting him another smile. Heechul looked at him and gave him a quick small smile before continuing to walk. They walked in silence once again, but this wasn’t the awkward silence that was around them the first time, it was a comfortable one. Andrew shot another glance at Heechul and upon seeing the look of concentration on his face, turned away, hiding the smile on his face. Andrew noticed that they were near the class and kept a lookout for the door since he was pretty sure that Heechul would miss the classroom altogether.

Upon reaching the class, Andrew took Heechul to the teacher and made a quick introduction before taking his own seat. Heechul quickly introduced himself to the class before taking a seat next to Andrew and settling down in the class. He watched as a couple of students walk in to the door when he felt a poke on his right shoulder. He turned to look and found Andrew with his cheek resting in the palm of his hand. He felt a small blush on his skin and quickly looked away, looking back when Andrew called him again.

“I never asked you…is Casey your real name? Or is it your English name?” He asked quietly, his eyes flicking to the front for a second to ensure they weren’t about to be caught for talking. Heechul fiddled with his seconds for a couple seconds, unsure whether to answer or not. But he came to the conclusion that Yunho would tell if asked so decided to answer.

“Yeah, Casey is my English name; my actual name is Heechul, Heechul Kim. What about you?” Heechul asked slightly curious.

“Oh, Andrew is my English name too. My actual name is Siwon Choi.”

CXfgxp2obp80ceFew4D7YfBvbWu1wlP_8enLxmyG

            Henry and Eunhyuk followed Mimi, walking behind him and daring each other to ask him why he had a name that would belong to a girl. It wasn’t long before they both ran into something and looking up; they realized they had run into an amused looking Mimi. The two brothers blinked their eyes and looked at him wondering why they stopped.

“I’m curious; do you realize I can hear you two talking right? And the fact that you two were talking about me is obvious…” He said a small amused smirk on his face. Both Eunhyuk and Henry flushed a little before sheepishly smiling at Mimi.

“If you ask, I will tell. In return I have a couple questions I want to ask you as well.” He said offering us a smile. Henry and Eunhyuk exchanged looks before nodding at Mimi and walking in step with him.

“So…how come your name is Mimi?” Eunhyuk asked curiosity shining in his eyes. Mimi chuckled before answering.

“Technically, Mimi is my name because I couldn’t be bothered trying to come up with a better English name.” Mimi said with a smile. Eunhyuk and Henry nodded their heads in understanding.

“So then, what’s your real name?” Henry asked looking up. Zhoumi looked down and smiled when he realized that both the brothers were at least a head shorter than he was.

“Zhoumi.” Was all he said as he continued walking. The brothers looked at each other and shrugged at the non-Korean name before catching up with him.

“Is the other one…Aiden always an ? Or is he just PMS-ing today?” Eunhyuk asked. Zhoumi laughed at Eunhyuk’s description of his…Eunhyuk shook his head unsure what their relation was and looked at Zhoumi for an answer.

“Aiden isn’t usually like that. He usually acts like an excited little kid. He just got some slightly upsetting news today so he’s in a bad mood. I’m sure when you see him later today, he will apologize.” Zhoumi said with a small smile. Eunhyuk nodded his head before continuing to walk.

“Really? He kinda rubbed Hyung in the wrong way...and me too...and I don’t like him right now.” Henry nodded along as he spoke as though agreeing with himself. Both Eunhyuk and Zhoumi smiled at the adorable sight.

“Yeah, he’s only like that when he’s pissed, hopefully he’ll have calmed down by lunchtime.” Zhoumi replied, flashing a small smile in Henry’s direction before turning a corner. The two brothers silently followed him as he walked into a class that was already almost full. Some of the boys looked up and nodded at Zhoumi while the girls winked flirtatiously. Zhoumi smiled at all of them before leading Eunhyuk and Henry to two empty seats by the window.

“I have a class across the hall so I’ll see you after the lecture, but I can look at your timetables now and see if I can walk you anywhere else.” Zhoumi said as he shifted his weight to his right foot and adjusted the sling bag on his shoulder. Eunhyuk sat down and fixed the sleeve of his white sweater top before looking up at Zhoumi.

“I think I’m going to call you a gentleman.” He said with a small smirk before smiling a little. “Honestly though, we are guys and you didn’t need to walk us to our seats.” Henry, who had settled down behind Eunhyuk snickered quietly before speaking.

“You can look through our timetables; I think the four of us might need help for a while at least. But maybe, now isn’t the time to compare… All four of us have lunch during fourth period how about you?” Henry was ignoring Zhoumi’s small noise of protest until he was done speaking when he looked at the taller male expectantly. Zhoumi sighed before replying.

“The other three have lunch during that period and I have ‘study hall’ and lunch in fifth. So I’ll meet up with you guys for lunch.” As he finished speaking, he turned to leave. However, barely two steps away, he came back. “Before I go though, I have two questions for you. First, what are your actual names?”

“I’m Eunhyuk while Henry is...well, Henry. What’s the next one?”

“I’ll save that one for when the teacher isn’t about to enter the class.” Zhoumi replied before turning around and walking away. Eunhyuk looked at the other students and was slightly taken aback when he found them all staring at him and Henry. His eyes narrowed when he realized that they were not only looking, but also whispering quietly amongst themselves. Turning back towards Henry, Eunhyuk smiled and gave a little shrug while Henry mouthed ‘We’re just that amazing.’ before both of them laughed and turned to the front as the teacher walked in.

Blonde hair, a tweed jacket and a tan that made Eunhyuk want to check and make sure that it was still winter. The person in front of the class passed off as a model who had just retired from the business with good looks to spare. The teacher looked at the two brothers for a couple seconds before calling them to the front. They pushed their chairs back and walked to the teacher’s desk. He handed them their textbooks and looked at the attendance once more.

“Ok, I’m not going to ask you two to introduce yourselves in front of the class. Just know that I am Joonhyung Park and I expect you to call me Mr.Park. Which of you is Spencer?” Eunhyuk pointed at himself and Mr.Park nodded his head in the direction of their eats, a silent permission to sit down again.

They walked back to their seats, aware that their classmates were watching them closely. Sitting down, both Eunhyuk and Henry opened their notebook, uncapped their pen and got ready for the lecture.

CXfgxp2obp80ceFew4D7YfBvbWu1wlP_8enLxmyG

The bell rang and Eunhyuk quickly jotted down the last of his notes before closing his pen and throwing it into his binder along with his notebook. Always one for neatness, Eunhyuk couldn’t help but arrange his pens and notes before turning to face Henry.

“Let’s go?” Eunhyuk asked. Henry looked up, nodded and got up from his seat before walking with his brother to the door. They felt the stares and heard the whispers, but knew it would be better to ignore it than to indulge in it. They stepped out of the class only to find Zhoumi leaning against the wall, waiting for them with a smile.

“Would you like me to point you to your next class? Or will you find it on your own?” Zhoumi asked. Henry responded first.

“I have maths next...and a tendency to get lost. So…” Before he could continue, Zhoumi spoke.

“I actually have maths next as well...so if we have the same teacher, I can walk you there and if we don’t I can walk a bit of the way with you because most of the classes are in the same direction.”

“I have psychology next and I only want you to point out the way...I want to try and find it on my own.” Eunhyuk said. Zhoumi nodded and quickly gave Eunhyuk -very specific- directions, waiting for Eunhyuk to walk away before turning to accompany Henry.

Eunhyuk walked down the hallway, repeating Zhoumi’s directions in his head to ensure he was going the right way. As he walked, he looked around, trying to see if he spotted potential friends. Just around the next corner, he spotted Mr.Puppy-Fish down the hallway with what looked like a group of football (1) players. He scoffed under his breath, although that didn’t stop him from noticing that smiling, Mr.Puppy-Fish didn’t look that bad. Shaking his head to free these thoughts, he turned left and walked till the end of the hallway and into his Psych classroom.

Walking in, he realized that despite the lack of students in the class, the teacher was already there. Walking up to the tall brunette, Eunhyuk introduced himself. She smiled and handed him a book along with a sheet of multiple questions on it. Looking at the confusion that momentarily flashed across his features, she smiled.

“I’m doing a small research project, something similar to what you will probably be doing towards the end of this year. Just answer those questions for me-without help- by tomorrow.” Eunhyuk nodded and went to sit down in an empty seat. He had just taken out his notebook when he heard someone clear their throat from his right. Slightly wary, he looked up to find a smiling face looking back at him. He straightened up and sent a small smile back, unsure what was going on, and was about to face the front when the person spoke.

"Hey...I'm guessing you're one of the new transfer students...I heard that out of four, two are auditioning for dance and vocal. Are you one of the two? I heard there were going to be auditions later today for both the dance club and choir- I'm in both...that's how I heard. And I overheard the seniors discussing how one club is getting a sophomore member so I was excited and thought I'd see the person in at least one of my classes. Then I heard that there were two sophomores so I was confused and...so...yeah..." Eunhyuk blinked, trying to take in and process the entire ramble before understanding the question and smiling as he started to answer.

"Umm...I'll be auditioning for the dance club, but-" His sentence wasn't even complete before the 'song and dance' guy cut in.

"Sweet! I'll be seeing you after school then. I'm Xiah but I'm not Chinese...people always think I am...you are?"

"Spencer." Eunhyuk responded before looking to the front of the class. Xiah nodded in acceptance before his eyes widened almost comically and he looked just a little sheepish.

"I'm sorry if I was a bit too strong. I was kinda excited."

"It's no problem. My little brother sounds almost like he's squeaking when he's excited." Eunhyuk responded. Xiah smiled once more before turning to the front of the class. Eunhyuk too faced the front and as the teacher started speaking, a small, sweet smile graced his lips as he whispered.

 "I think I might have a friend."

CXfgxp2obp80ceFew4D7YfBvbWu1wlP_8enLxmyG

The bell rang to signal the beginning of fourth period and Eunhyuk could barely stop himself from thanking whatever god was watching over him. The lecture that he was in, World History had become boring to epic proportions when the teacher decided to narrate his life story instead of actually teach the lesson. Packing quickly, Eunhyuk walked down the hallway and to the right where he was sure he had seen the cafeteria.

Sighing in relief at being right, he walked in and quickly joined the growing line. Looking around, he tried to see if his brothers were there already and sighed in relief when he spotted Henry walking in. Ordering food for his brothers as well, he ignored the stares he was receiving for having a nearly over-flowing tray. Paying and grabbing spoons and forks, he made his way over to Henry quickly, hoping to avoid the questions of the curious people in line. He looked to where Henry was sitting and was glad to see that Heechul and Jaejoong had joined him while he had been in line. He had almost reached them when he was stopped by Xiah.

"Hey Spencer! Since you're new, do you have a place to sit? Oh ! OK...that came out sounding so wrong! I meant to say you can sit with my friends and me. They are either in the dance club or in the singing club so you might even make friends and...that sounded wrong too...ummm..." Xiah looked like he had more to say and while Eunhyuk didn't know whether to be amused or offended, he was relieved when Henry came up to him. Looking at Henry, Xiah looked slightly confused.

"You're new too aren't you? I haven't seen you before and I've pretty much seen everyone. Are you joining the choir?" Xiah asked in one breath. Henry blinked before looking over to Eunhyuk for help and huffed when the only help he received was an amused smirk.

"Err yeah I'm new and no, I'm not in the choir. I'm in the orchestra. Spencer can-" Henry's response was interrupted by a once more confused Xiah.

"Are you guys eating together? Is it because you don't know anybody? That came out sounding wrong and sad. But it is kind of sad, not that you're sad or anything. Ugh! Just..." Henry looked a mix of offended and amused while Eunhyuk was biting his cheek to hold his laughter in check.

"Hyuk Hyung, the food?"* Henry asked moving closer to Eunhyuk. Nodding, Eunhyuk handed the tray over to him and moved closer to Xiah so that Henry could carry the tray easier.

"We aren't forming a group together like you're most likely thinking. We're not sitting together because we don't know anyone else either. Henry is my younger brother and the other two transfers are my brothers as well. We're sitting together since we were lucky enough to get the same lunch period. Maybe, another day, you can join us?" Eunhyuk offered with a small smile. Xiah nodded.

"You're Korean that's cool. Maybe a day after you guys have met the other club members, so I'm not the only one you know. And I'm Korean as well; it's very rare to actually hear people speak it in school though." By the time Xiah had finished talking, he was already moving towards his table. Eunhyuk shook his head while giggling chuckling (he didn't giggle no matter what Jae hyung said) as he joined his brothers. He sat down just as Henry finished telling the other two about the weirdness of the person that he had just met. Laughing along with the others at Henry's exaggerated gestures, he decided to clear it up.

"That person was Xiah; he was in my psychology class. He's kind of overwhelming, but seems bubbly and pretty nice." Eunhyuk explained while grabbing a sandwich and his carton of strawberry milk from the tray.

"I only heard overwhelming, but bubbly and nice. You guys are talking about Su right?" A voice said behind Heechul, causing all four brothers to jump in their seats. They turned around to find Yunho and Andrew standing there with their trays. Smiling, the two boys settled down in the empty seats beside Eunhyuk.

"Mimi and Aiden will join us soon. Aiden should be grabbing lunch and Mi got held back by his Bio teacher...watch out if you've got her." Andrew said and the four brothers nodded before turning to converse among themselves. A silence encompassed the table as the brothers turned to their lunch in silence causing Andrew and Yunho to look at each other. Yunho decided to take the bait since he knew these four and looked across the table to Jaejoong.

"So...who died and made silence king?" Jaejoong looked at him, amused but still upset as Yunho's eyes widened and he mimicked biting his tongue before opening his mouth to apologize as Andrew looked from the side, confused. Eunhyuk quickly reached out and punched Yunho's upper arm causing Yunho to rub it silently. The table remained silent for two more seconds before Eunhyuk turned to Yunho.

"Who's Su? I was talking about a guy named Xiah..." With that, the silence that had settled over the table broke as Henry pulled Siwon into a conversation about the latest movie he had watched. Yunho was trying to explain to an amused Heechul and Eunhyuk that Su and Xiah was the same person while Jaejoong jumped in and out of both the conversations.

As they were all busy in their conversations, none of them noticed two people approaching the table. A tray was placed next to Henry and everyone turned to find Mimi sitting down and arranging his tray before looking up and smiling. They all smiled back before looking at the looming shadow over the table.

“Seriously? Do we have to sit with the annoying one? I mean come on! Hyungs don’t do this! Besides which, I bet they don’t even know who we are. We can’t be seen sitting with newbies and well...the newbie loser.” Aiden said a look of contempt on his face as he turned away from the four brothers and to his friends (the brothers weren’t sure if they were related or not). Eunhyuk couldn’t help but scoff at the idiot.

“Well then, excuse me Mr Arrogant. I fail to see how we are annoying and or ruining anything in anyway. In fact, until your gloomy self decided to come here, we were having a perfectly good time. Maybe next time, you might want to check what you say before you ruin the first impression that people have of you.” Eunhyuk said with a small huff and continued to mutter, although Aiden could still hear him. “Not like you didn’t ruin it anyway calling me an after knocking me down.”

Aiden stared wide-eyed as the red-haired spoke to him in Korean and managed to one-up him once again. With a huff he sat down. He looked to Siwon and Zhoumi only to find them holding back laughter. Yunho wasn’t even trying. He looked to his own lunch and started eating it knowing that they weren’t going to stop anytime soon. It turns out; one of the red-haired ’s brothers took pity on him though.

“Hi...I get that you’re irritated, or flustered of...well whatever, I’m Hero, but you call me
Jaejoong. What’s your name?” The blonde-haired one asked. He looked up and
was met with a warm eyes and an open smile. Unsure how to respond, he was slightly confused, but decide to proceed with caution anyway.

“Umm…pretty sure you know my name is Aiden by now. But...Donghae nice to meet you too?” He seemed a bit confused which caused Henry to giggle.

“I’m Henry, the red-haired one is Eunhyuk, and this is Heechul hyung. Introductions aside, who are you that you can’t sit with us newbies?” Henry asked, with obvious amusement in his voice.

“That might have come out a little off…and I might not have meant that. Sorry.” Donghae responded, flicking his brown hair away from his eyes. Eunhyuk scoffed, but refused to comment. Donghae didn’t even bother sparing him a glance, after all, it’s not like the needed anything else to feed his ego. The conversations start again and Donghae tentatively joined Henry and Yunho’s discussion about the recent soccer matches.

It’s when five minutes left to lunch that the boys remember the reason they met in the first place. Quietly, everyone takes out their schedules and is marking similar classes when the tension starts to build up again. Donghae’s eyes have narrowed and Eunhyuk’s face is blank. The tension only lasts a couple minutes though.

“Figures you guys would have so many similar classes.” Yunho exclaims not trying to hide the amusement in his voice.

“I have some of those classes as well. I’ll remember the popcorn…and the video camera.” Henry says, laughing. The others all burst into laughter, much to the two annoyed boys’ chagrin.

CXfgxp2obp80ceFew4D7YfBvbWu1wlP_8enLxmyG

The bell rang, indicating the final lecture for that day was over and the hallways were crowded with students, most hurrying to get home and others to get to their after-school clubs. . The four brothers already knew where they had to go for their activities and so, didn’t meet up before running to their club rooms.

Henry and Heechul reached the orchestra room at the same time and shared a small, comforting smile before taking a deep breath and entering the room. The double doors opened to reveal a room with wooden floors and walls. There were metal chairs set up in a semi-circle and people with their respective instruments milling about talking before the practice started. Looking around, they saw a small glass-walled office of to the side with a women pottering about.

They both made their way to the small office, and as they walked across the room, they could hear the hushed whispers and feel the stares of everybody in the room falling on them. Henry took a deep breath and continued walking, looking at Heechul hyung through the corner of his eyes.

Heechul felt the weight of the stares and the burden of the whispers piling up on his shoulders and was seriously considering running out and deciding not to be in the orchestra at all. His violin case banged lightly against his leg and he shook his head. People staring hadn’t bothered him in his old school and he wouldn’t let him bother him now. At least, not when he was playing the violin.

Knocking on the door, the two brothers entered the room and waited to be acknowledged. The woman continued moving taking papers from one place and dumping them in another place, all the while muttering to herself. After a minute or two, Henry quietly cleared his throat, only to feel guilty a couple seconds later when she almost jumped out of her skin.

“Oh dear! I didn’t see you two. How may I help you?” She asked, facing the two brothers.

“Oh...umm, we’re supposed to be joining the orchestra from today?” Henry’s statement came out as a question when he saw the confusion that came across her face.

“New students...was I supposed to get new students? Wait here while I just check my papers...now where did I put them?” She started looking around and the two boys waited patiently while she rooted through huge stacks of papers.

“Ah yes, Henry and Casey right? Both of you are playing in the violin. Are you first string or second string?”

“Umm...I’m a second string and Henry is first.” Heechul responded when Henry looked too amused to respond.

“Oh well then dear, you both can pay something for us and I’ll make sure that those places are right for both of you. By the way boys, my name is Ms Walker.” Nodding, they both followed her out of her office and into the larger room. The students settled down expectantly, waiting to see what the newbies would do.

“Well, we have two new students joining us. They both play the violin. Boys, introductions and the play a short piece each.” Ms Walker said before standing of to the side. Sharing a glance, Henry decided to go first.

“Hi, so…I’m Henry, I’m a sophomore. I play the violin, piano and guitar. But I like playing violin the most.” After the introduction, Henry lifted his violin to its place, exhaled and began playing. The song he chose was Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson. Playing it with complete concentration, he didn’t realise that he had started to move along with the beat as well. He opened his eyes only after playing the last note and was welcomed with claps and cheers from the orchestra. Ms Walker looked like she was about to speak, but he moved slightly to the side so that Heechul was standing in front of the group.

“Um…h-hello. My name is Casey. I-I’m a senior and I play the violin…” Heechul trailed of and Henry gave a small cough. Heechul looked back at him before continuing. “I can also play the piano and the guitar…” clearing his throat, Heechul fixed the position of his violin before playing Fur Elise. He stood eyes closed and focused on the sounds the violin made and nothing else.

He stopped playing and only heard silence. He opened his eyes and saw everyone just watching him. Even the teacher. He looked towards the side and saw Henry smiling at him and while that calmed him a little, he was still unsure why the room was so quiet. The teacher was the first to speak, and the first to quench his anxiousness,

“Well, you play really well, and I think I shall keep you in your original positions. So Casey, you can sit next to Tyler here and you’ll be a second string and Henry, next to Amy.” Once she started speaking, the orchestra seemed to have regained some life and people started talking to each other again. Henry and Heechul moved slowly to their assigned spot keeping close to each other. Just before reaching their seats, Heechul turned to Henry.

“Why was it so quiet after I finished playing? Was I bad?” The words were quiet and almost unheard. If Henry hadn’t been used to his hyung, he wouldn’t have heard a thing. Henry just smiled before replying, the smile still on his lips.

“It’s because hyung looks calm and very content when you’re playing the violin. Unlike the usual nervous expression you have.” Heechul’s eyes widened a bit, but Henry had reached his seat and turned to talk to Amy by this time so he just quietly moved on to his seat, nodding when the guy next to him introduced himself as Tyler.

CXfgxp2obp80ceFew4D7YfBvbWu1wlP_8enLxmyG

Eunhyuk and Jaejoong made their way across the maze of school hallways they had no idea about in hopes of finding the music room and dance studio. They were both meant to be in the same wing and the brothers had five minutes to find it. Although a little lost, they both were talking to each other and laughing as they wandered down the hallway.

“Honestly...I’m wondering if I should even memorize these hallways. I’m only here till summer! Enjoy getting lost here for a while Hyu-Spence! Your sense of direction !”

“Mine or yours? I wasn’t the one who forgot the street that we live on...after living there for seven years.”

“Hey! Once! I get lost-in the dark mind you- once and I can never live that down! You’re not allowed to live down the time you got lost on the other side of the shopping mall then baby brother!”

“Hyung! Unfair I was nine. You can’t use that against me!”

Playfully shoving each other, they turned down the next corridor only to find themselves in the right hallway.

“Hmm...maybe it won’t be all that hard to remember which room is where after all.” Jaejoong said with a small laugh. Eunhyuk smiled as well the corners of his eyes crinkling a little and his lips lifting enough to show his gums. The two brothers wished each other luck before opening the doors to their club rooms.

CXfgxp2obp80ceFew4D7YfBvbWu1wlP_8enLxmyG

Eunhyuk took a deep breath before walking in and looking around. A wall of mirrors, wooden floors and a bar on two sides of the room. On second thought make that three. He had just walked into the room and realized the third wall had bars as well. In front of him were about twenty people in various states of stretching. He could see Xiah off to the side, but knew no-one else. He was sure Yunho had said that he would be here, maybe he wrong. Deciding he stood there staring long enough, he walked towards the group. Coincidently, Xiah was the first to notice him.

“Hey you guys, the new member’s here!” The rest of the group looked towards him and feeling a little awkward, Eunhyuk rubbed the nape of his neck. A guy and a girl who had been standing in front of the room made their way to him.

“Hi, I’m Chris, the club-head...technically, it’s secretary, but club-head looks better.”

“I’m Terrence and I’m the teacher-in-charge. I usually help figure out the choreography and make sure everyone is doing the steps right-preventing injuries and all that. Any official thing you need help, you bring up with Christi-” The guy, Terrence, was hardly able to finish the sentence before the girl elbowed him.

“Never call me that. My name is Christina...it annoys me and I have yet to figure out why. You call me that and I will find the weirdest nickname for you. Won’t I Mr Fabulous underwear?” Terrence looked amused at the nickname she gave him and Eunhyuk shrugged figuring this was a usual occurrence by the fact that no one even batted an eye at the entire conversation.

“I’m Spencer. Nice to meet you.” The two nodded at him with a smile before leaning towards each other to hold a mini-conference. Eunhyuk stood there waiting for the result.

“Alright, so you need to audition. Stretch quickly, unless you need to change, in which case, change quickly and stretch. We shall then proceed with your audition.”

“I’ve already changed before coming here.”

“Cool, then stretch quickly- but well. Chris and I will play the song when you give us the okay.” Eunhyuk nodded his head and moved towards a wall so that he could stretch himself properly. He wasn’t sure what kind of music he would get so he felt it best to prepare as well as he could. Just as he was finished with his stretching, the door slammed open. He looked in that direction wondering if someone was late for practice and his nose crinkled in annoyance.

“Sorry I’m late. Couldn’t find my sweats in the locker room...how come we aren’t dancing?”

“Hey Aiden, another late and I’ll be required to give you a demerit.” Chris said with a laugh. “We aren’t dancing because Spencer here needs to show his skills. Then we can start. You ready Spence?” Aiden (Eunhyuk didn’t remember his name...Donghaek or something like that) turned around to look at this Spencer and barely held back a groan when he saw the annoying red-head from the morning. He kept his mouth shut and with a small glare in Eunhyuk’s direction- which was returned in kind -he sat down and started stretching as well.

Eunhyuk looked towards Chris and Terrence, nodding to show that he was ready to dance. Terrence pressed a play on his iPod and a song started playing on the speakers. Eunhyuk paused for two seconds, getting a bearing of the song. The moment the beats started, Eunhyuk started moving, hardly caring about the audience he had. He was listening to the music and dancing, it was how he had fun and it was one thing he knew he was good at, but that hardly mattered. All that mattered was the music and the beats to which he popping, locking and moving. The song ended and he posed to show the ending. He didn’t look at his audience for a couple seconds, needing to come back to the moment.

He looked at his audience and hopefully, his club members and found them all just staring at him. A little confused, he looked towards the mirror to confirm that he had nothing on his face. Finally someone cleared their throat; it turned out to be Mr Puppy-Fish who looked reluctant to speak.

“You dance well…”

“No, I dance well; he is amazing...like I can’t think of better dancers good!” One of the girls stated

“Okay no that’s an exaggeration. U-Know dances better. I think but you’re definitely up there on that list.” One of the guys said from where he was leaning against the mirror.

“What! Why only U-Know, personally, I think I dance better than him!” Aiden called out, slightly indigent.

“Oh look...his narcissism is coming out.” Xiah said with a smile.

“Don’t worry Aiden, you’re still one of the hottest dancers and we love you ‘kay?” Another girl giggled giving an easy shoulder hug to the irritated Aiden. Eunhyuk just stood there watching the drama wondering where this was going.

“You can join us in making fun of him, he’s our resident narcissist...our loveable resident narcissist...whom we love very much and...stop glaring at me weirdo!” Another girl ended up scooting away from where she was petting Aiden’s hair in mock terror. Eunhyuk couldn’t help but chuckle.

“I think it’s safe to say I know a bigger narcissist than him.” Eunhyuk responded with a smile. The others laughed and welcomed him and Aiden, surprised that Eunhyuk hadn’t taken a dig at him when presented the opportunity presented itself, welcomed him albeit wearily as well.

CXfgxp2obp80ceFew4D7YfBvbWu1wlP_8enLxmyG

Jaejoong entered the music room to find a group of people sitting around and chatting with each other as someone sat on the piano, the melody coming from the keys eased Jaejoong, making him feel as though the butterflies in his stomach need not be as active as they were now. It was the piano man that noticed him first. Jaejoong offered a nervous smile which the stranger responded with a bright one.

“So are you the newbie?” He asked with a small smile. It was when he spoke that the others turned to look at Jaejoong. Feeling a little awkward, he just nodded instead of speaking.

“Well, you don’t look like much? Can you actually sing?” A boy called out from the back, his long legs stretched out in front of him and a smirk playing on his lips. Jaejoong rolled his eyes and was pretty sure this was Yunho’s friend so he just replied.

“Isn’t that why I’m supposed to sing as an audition?” Jaejoong asked an eyebrow lifting as he shifted his weight to one foot. The others laughed and the boy tousled his hair and smiled before nodding. Taking a deep breath, Jaejoong stabilized then proceeded to sing Ayy Girl by JYJ. Once he was finished with the first part of the song. He stopped and looked at them.

“Would you like me to continue?”

“Nope, pick a seat! I’m Micky, the brat is-”

“Changmin. I was wondering why you looked familiar. You’re Jaejoong aren’t you? Recognized you from when I decided to browse through Yunho-hyung’s profile. You can call me MaxThe boy-Changmin replied. Most of the room was just staring at him wondering what he was talking about.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Hero. And it’s nice to join all of you.” Jaejoong said as he smiled before grabbing a chair and joining their discussion of songs to sing.

The others quickly made a seat for him and he listened for a while before pouting just a little.

“Um...other than Micky and...Err Max, should I just call you guys the choir people?” All the people sitting on the floor and on the chairs looked at him before laughing.

“Point noted. I’m Hailey. The secretary-in charge of all the finances and field-trips and song choices. Be nice to me and you’ll find your suggestions on the list.” A girl was sitting on the floor with her knees pulled to her chest said with a small smile. A guy leaned over and ruffled her already messy red curls.

“I’m Jake; you know your name is overused when you know five other people with your name...in your neighbourhood. I drive you guys everywhere and occasionally join when we need a tenor. and maybe you can keep the brat we call Max in line.” A girl sitting next to him laughed so much her glasses almost slipped of her nose. Noticing she had the entire room looking at her due to her apparent amusement, she decided to explain herself.

“We call him Mini-Voldemort….although now that I think of it, aren’t you taller than the actor that plays him? Should we change his nickname to giant-Voldemort? Oh! And I’m Aileen.”

“Now that you guys have introduced yourself, perhaps we can start with practice hmm? Hello Hero, you have an amazing voice and you’ll mix well. I’ll help you figure out where your range lies alright. I’m the instructor, teacher, whatever it is you feel like calling my title; you can call me Ms Simoné.” An elderly women with salt-and-pepper hair waltzed into the room before tapping Micky to get him off the piano stool. Once he had stood up, she began searching around the room while all the kids settled down.

Jaejoong stood watching all this a little confused until he felt a hand tapping his shoulder.

“You should sit with Max and I. our voice range would suit yours. Jaejoong is a nice name by the way. I’m Yoochun.” Micky told his as he pulled him closer to where Max was sitting.

“Damn, how many people know Korean here?” Jaejoong sighed as he sat down. The other two laughed lightly and patted his back.

“Hey, at least now you know you can’t go around swearing or yelling at people. Trust me, I found out the hard way.” Micky said in between his laughter. Max nodded along his eyes bright as he smiled.

“Hey, did you know your eyes are slightly mismatched when you smile. It makes you look adorable just saying.” Jaejoong said his head tilted slightly to the left a smile on his face as he spoke. Changmin looked at him his eyes widening just a little before smiling again.

Jaejoong looked towards the front to find that the teacher was rummaging through a stack of paper while muttering to herself and most of the other people was conversing amongst themselves. Turning back to his two new friends (he hoped so) he decided to continue talking as well.

“Well anyway, what do you guys do other than sing...and terrorizing people?” Jaejoong asked with a smile.

“Oh! Well, I like to write music as well, and I occasionally join the drama department. Acting is fun.”

“I eat...and play computer games...and study. Well damn, I just realized how much of a nerd I am.”

“He forgets that he also writes songs and enjoys playing football.”

“Huh. I write too, we should collab sometime and I cook. Looks like I’ve found the person to turn to for my experiments. Hey are you-”

“You cook! I’ll eat your food...but first I need a taste to see if it’s any good. After all, Max only gets the best. And-”

“Idiot you cut him off, he was about to say something else. Sorry continue.”

“Huh- oh never mind what I was about to say.” Jaejoong responded Micky looked like he wanted to say something else when the teacher suddenly stood up with a triumphant exclamation. Everyone turned to look at the front only to find her holding a set of music sheets in the air proudly.

“Today, we start with Route 66….just a small warm up.” Everyone turned towards the front and took one of the multiple sheets she was passing out before finally settling down to sing.

CXfgxp2obp80ceFew4D7YfBvbWu1wlP_8enLxmyG

The day was tiring and the four brothers were glad to have reached back home. Walking in, Eunhyuk walked towards the couch and flopped on it, only to get pushed down by Henry who then proceeded to take his place.

“Hyung, you’re sweaty, you’ll stink up the couch!” Henry exclaimed childishly hugging one of the pillows. Eunhyuk scowled for a second before pouting and looking up to where Jaejoong was standing and watching the two of them with a smile.

“Sorry Hyuk, siding with Henry! You need a shower!” Jaejoong said with a laugh. With a pout still on his lips, Eunhyuk stood up and started moving down the hallway and towards his room.

Heechul who had been standing quietly at the entrance took a deep breath and walked into the house. He knew his brothers had noticed his unusual silence and that they were giving him the space he needed to say what he had to say. He walked towards the dining area that was located right next to the entrance- though separated by a wall. Henry had got off the couch and was walking down the hallway as well. Eunhyuk left his room after grabbing his towel and some clothes. He walked down the hallway, taking off his shirt with his free hand to throw it into the laundry bin.

“Oh My God! Hyung you have your tattoo”

“I found out who my soul mate is.”

The words Lee Donghae-Aiden faded from gold to black slowly.

------A/N---------

Hi...I'm still alive yes. I'm sorry for not following the update schedule I posted, but college was scarier than I thought. I just finished this chapter and it has been given the cursory proofread so I apologize for any speeling/grammar error. I'm just about to start writing chapter 3 and I hope to finish it soon. Thank you all for the love and comments on the first chapter! The comments, upvotes and subscribing has definately motivated me to write. Recently, I found myself going through a "must write...now!" phrase and I am still pumped from that so please forgive this author for not updating for more than a year! T the readers who are still here...much love *throws cookies, brownies and Devil horns*

P.S:- ANNIVERSARY COMEBACK FOR SUJU!!!!!!!!!!! WHO ELSE IS EXCITED???? And that entirity of DBSK is going to the army this year T-T

P.P.S:- anybody read these things?