Unsurprised.

Intertwined Rollercoaster Rides.

Miki’s POV

“Minki-ah!” Minho oppa pulled me into his am, and I hugged him as tightly as I could. “Mianhae…” he apologised through his thick voice, “Mianhae Miki…” A sudden rage filled me and I pushed him away, “DON’T.” I screamed, tears flowing out of my eyes, “Don’t… It wasn’t you. Don’t apologise…” I hugged my knees close and started sobbing uncontrollably.

Stupid Oppa, it wasn’t his fault, why did he apologise? I wanted to apologise. Not him. RAWR.

Minho oppa approached me carefully, and held me tight, “I will never let you go again, my Miki, never. Promise me that we will never be apart, arasso?” I looked up to meet his eyes, calming down, and nodded. Minho oppa released me, and slowly, we began to update each other about our lives. I told him many things, just like he did as well, but there was one thing I did not know how to break to him, Umma’s death. I decided to ask him about appa instead.

Minho oppa started to shift uncomfortably and stayed silent. Finally, he held my hands and said ever so quietly, “Miki-ah, abeoji… Abeoji left the world three years ago. He had a heart attack one day, when he was coming home from work. And he left the world.”

Strangely, I didn’t cry this time, it was just as if I had expected this answer. This few years, I had always felt emptiness and a strange pull whenever I thought of appa, it was just as though I knew he left. Minho oppa patted me on the back, and asked, “Eomeoni is gone too isn’t she?” I nodded, and gave a little sniff, and he said, “It’s okay, I kinda felt it anyway…”

Just then, Taemin banged the door open, “Hyung! It’s already 2am in the morning! Key umma wants me to ask whether you are done.” Minho oppa nodded, and helped me get up. Taemin passed me a shirt that look way too big, “Onew hyung said you should change your top, oh and he asks whether you mind sleeping over tonight, it’s too late for you to go home.”

I thought for a while and nodded, there wasn’t anyone home anyway, plus, Minho oppa is here, there is nothing to be afraid of. Both of them left the room, and I changed. I winced when I had to stretch my right hand, and eventually managed to change in to an oversized shirt. The shirt smelled familiar, and it had a cute little dancing chick. Was it Onew oppa’s? I wondered in shock.

After I was done, I walked out and saw Minho oppa waiting for me outside. He lead me to a very big living room, and I saw that everyone was seated there with the television on. Don’t they need to sleep?