One

[ONE SHOT] Ice Cream

***

There are stories that are simply too complicated for people to comprehend. Then...don't try! You might end up getting yourself totally ruined...

***

It just happened recently. During U-Kiss' comeback days, the beginning of summer days suddenly became stuffy and muggy under the scorching sun. As usual, AJ locked himself up in the studio, busting his off trying to finish all of the assignments. Despite the annoyingly hot atmosphere surrounding him, the thing that was really getting on his nerves was the dorky Lee Kiseop.

He had been following AJ like a lost puppy for days. It was natural though. Even the stupidest human being would know best not to mess with the Godly ShinShin Couple or disturb Kevin and Eli's so-called 'life'. And Hoon? Well, he completely isolated himself from everyone else, just sitting in a damn room practicing his holy vocal. So even if Kiseop were to interupt him, the fact that he would just deafen himself would be undeniable.

That must have been the reason Kiseop had chosen to follow AJ, the only person who wouldn't even bat an eyelid to care if Kiseop was being nosy or not, the only person who would mind his own business in total silence.

However, everything has its pros and cons. Having sat in the room for almost half an hour, Kiseop naturally forgot about the "Silent Rules" and unconciously spoke out:

-Jae ah! I'm so bored...

Although AJ's eyes were still attached to the screen, his hand reached out for the phone on the table then tossed it over his shoulder.

-There. Play "Fruit Ninja" or whatever. -then continued to put down notes on his handbook.

Five minutes later, Kiseop once again broke all the records in AJ's phone, he began to complain:

-Jae ah! The heat!! It's unbearable...

THAT, AJ couldn't deny. It was freaking hot. Even sitting in a room couldn't keep him away from the scorching fiery heat from outside.

-Yah! -AJ pointed crazily all over the room- Look for the A/C remote.

Having heard that, Kiseop immediately jumped off his seat, screwed up the whole place just to find the remote. The only piece of happiness Kiseop received upon successfully found the remote, was abrubtly destroyed by thousands of pieces of disappointment.

-Jae ah! NO BATTERIES! -Kiseop began to sulk.

However, when AJ fully concentrated in something, you shouldn't open your mouth. That being said, he must have really held back his anger at Kiseop:

-No batteries, huh?

-Yup.

-THEN BEAR WITH IT!!!

The AJ's so-not-interested attitude made Kiseop sulk even more. Although the heat didn't even decrease, Kiseop unwillingly threw himself back onto the couch and tried best not to disturb AJ. 'Just a bit longer and he might take me out', he thought.

But Kiseop's "a bit" was as tiny as his pinky. Less than a minute later, Kiseop snivelled again:

-Jae ah!

-WHAT!!!

-I'm hungry... -Kiseop curled up.

But to that extent, AJ had to let go of his pen and looked at Kiseop. He was starving and shivering on the couch, looking miserable. That appearance made it impossible for AJ to be mad at him. He only managed to heave a sigh then took out some change from his wallet:

-Here. -He stuck out his hand. -There's a groceries store across the street, go and get some ice cream.

Kiseop's eyes brightened up, his hands clumsily took the money.

-Jae ah! You're the best! -With a wide smile on his face.

AJ really wanted to smile with him, but somehow he only managed to make an awardly weird face. Understandably, AJ just let Kiseop go to have more time to himself, more space to finish his work. If he let Kiseop wandering around, he could never be able to concentrate. Especially on that kind of heat-bearing day, Kiseop was only wearing a thin singlet, his porcelain skin driving others crazy...