Resurface.

My Secret Promise.

“Kibum-ah,” Minjung called out timidly as she saw Kibum stepping out of the school building.

“Just hold on for a while, I’ve already called for the chauffer to come pick us up.”

“Kibum-ah, I'm really fine, okay?”

“Fine? How can you be fine when they did this to you?! Is it the first time?” he asked angrily, but looking at the guilty face on Minjung’s face said it all.

“Why didn’t you tell me?!”

“It… wasn’t important.”

“Really. My best friend is getting bullied constantly in school, not to mention right next to my class, and it is not important to me? Are you freaking kidding me?!”

“Look, I’ve already did you a lot of damage on your reputation, you’re the student council president. What will the school think if they knew about your outburst? I can’t ruin your future any more than this.”

“My future? I’m the freaking grandson of the Kim Seung Corporation! The greatest and richest company in Korea! Do you think that I have any reasons to fear for my future?! If I can’t be the SC president then so be it!”

“Kibum-ah,” Minjung sighed.

Their ride arrived before Kibum could continue. He helped Minjung to climb in before getting in himself.

“Let’s go to my place first.”

“Okay.”

After 20 minutes, they arrived at the residence. Kibum stormed out of the car follow by Minjung. Stepping in to the house, Kibum yelled for the housekeeper to bring them snacks before dragging Minjung to his room.

“Ugh.” Kibum grunted as he fell back on his bed. Minjung sat at the end of his bed.

“How many times have it happened?”

“…many times.”

“Damn it!” Kibum cursed as he punched the headboard. “Why didn’t you tell me anything? Screw it with the bull about ruining my future, you know that that’s an excuse. Spill it.”

Minjung raked her fingers through her hair, letting out a long breath. “You really don’t know huh.”

Sensing the weird tone in her words, Kibum sat up straight, his face scrunched up with curiosity.

A sad smile cast a shadow over her face.

“Nothing,” she said flatly. In a brighter tone, she exclaims: “It’s been such a long time since I came to your house! I wonder what you have stowed in your room!”

“Minjung-ah,”

“I’m fine, really. Since when are you such a worrywart?” she smiled. She stood up and went over to the chest-of-drawers by the door.

“I have never searched your drawers before right? Haha, even though I went through almost everything in your bedroom.” She added with a laugh. “Could this be the place you stash all of your ?”

Distracted from the topic on hand, Kibum said fiercely: “I’ve told you many times that I don’t watch !” to which Minjung responded with another burst of laugher. She began pulling out the first drawer, and there’s only socks and scarves in it. She arranged the items orderly before going for the next drawer.

Kibum saw that she was trying very hard to avoid the topic of her being bullied, so he didn’t mention it anymore.

I suppose this is for the best. He thought as he watched her going through the third drawer. Anyway, I don’t think those people in her class will do anything after what I’ve told them just now. They’d be idiots if they ignored my warnings.

Minjung knelt down next to the drawers and pulled out the last drawer. She grinned.

“Aww, isn’t this cute!” she smirked as she held up a piece of baby clothing. “Did this belong to our Kibummie?”

“Yeah, it’s not like you didn’t have any clothing when you’re young right?” Kibum answered with a casual tone, but a blush was creeping up his face.

“I do, but it’s hard to imagine our tough bummie as a cute baby.”

“Shut up.”

“Hm-mm.” Minjung hummed as she folds the clothing. She placed it back in the drawer gently and was going to close the drawer when she spotted a large metal box at the corner of the drawer.

“Aha! The stash!”

“Nope.” Kibum smiled smugly. “Sorry to disappoint you, but that’s just some of my favorite toys when I was young.”

“Tsk.” Minjung faked a pout.

“Speaking of which, it’s been a long time since I opened that box. Bring it here, will you? Let’s open it together!”

“Okay,” Minjung picked the box up gently and went over to the bed.

Kibum made some space for Minjung, and she sat down opposite him, setting the box down between them. The lid was stuck on a little tight, but with a little force, Kibum managed to open the box. Some memories of his childhood surfaced, though Jonghyun remain buried in his memory. Kibum smiled as he told Minjung stories about each of the toys, and they were halfway through the pile when the housekeeper came in with the snacks.

“Young master? I brought your snacks.”

“What took you so long? Just bring it here.”

“Sorry, I was preparing you and Miss Minjung’s favorite food.” Explained the housekeeper with a smile. “Oh, you took out your toys! You used to play with these toys so much, you won’t even get hungry!”

“Really? This guy?” asked Minjung incredulously.

“Yeah! The Master and Madam had to confiscate his toys for him to eat his dinner!” laughed the housekeeper.

“Ahjuhma! That’s enough!” Kibum ordered as he fought back a blush, but the housekeeper went on, picking up one of his toys to begin on another story. Soon, Minjung was cracking up in laugher, and Kibum was sulking, his face in a bright shade of red. They finished their snacks, and the housekeeper asked if they wanted more, but Minjung insisted that she continued with the stories.

The housekeeper reach in the box to pick up another toy, and she held up… the locket.

Minjung, her stomach cramping due to her laughter, asked: “What’s that about? Bummie-ah, you even liked to play with necklaces?” Tears started sprouting at the corner of her eyes, but she stopped laughing when she saw the housekeeper’s reaction.

It seems as though the housekeeper was rooted for a moment, but that moment passed and she dropped the locket back into the box.

“I-I-“she faltered. “ I have to get back to my chores now, Miss Minjung, I’ll tell you more about young master next time okay?” and she went out without a reply from Minjung.

“What was that?” Minjung asked after the housekeeper closed the door behind her.

“Dunno.” Kibum answered in a puff. He was still a little mad that Minjung got to know his embarrassing stories.

Minjung picked up the locket from the box.

“What’s the story behind this lock?” she asked.

Kibum took a look at the locket. “I don’t know, I can’t really remember where this came from.” He answered with a frown. “That’s weird.”

“Hmm...This is a very pretty necklace.” She mused.

“Is it?”

“Mm.”

He shifted from the bed.

“Here, give it over.”

Eyebrows raised, Minjung passed him the locket. A slight throb started at the side of his head as Kibum received the locket. He shook his head and went over to the end of the bed, behind Minjung. Unclasping the necklace, he placed it gently over Minjung’s collarbone and he clasped the necklace in place.

“Bummie-ah!”

“It’s not like I have any use for it anyway.”

“But, isn’t it important to you?”

“I’d remember if it was important. Anyway, since when did you become such a worrywart?” he smirked, using her words against her.

“I- thank you.” she whispered gratefully, facing downwards to hide the blush that dusted her cheeks.

“No prob. It’s getting late, you wanna have dinner here?”

“Nope, I’m having it with my family.”

“Suit yourself.”

Kibum started packing the toys as Minjung readied herself. He placed the box back to the drawer, taking one more look at it before closing the drawer.


Kibum walked Minjung to the bus stop, since she refused the ride he offered. They strode side by side in comfortable silence, the locket bouncing lightly off Minjung’s chest as they walked.

“I’ll get my parents to handle the school, so you don’t have to say anything to your parents if you don’t want to.”

“Thanks.”

“Are you really okay?”

“Gosh, you sound like an old lady. Yes, I’m okay.” Minjung answered defiantly. “If you ask again I’ll spread your baby stories around the school.”

“Okay, okay! I won’t ask again. I just wanted to make sure.”

“I know.” She smiled. “Thanks again. For what you did, and also for the necklace.”

“Sure. Hey, your bus is here, I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye.”

“Bye.”

 

A/N: Heyy, it's a new update!! YAY~ I really hope that you enjoyed this ~.~
finally have a general idea how the story is going (haha, and I'm supposed to be the author) so hopefully updates are gonna be more frequent. Hopefully.

Now, about the story.

THE LOCKET RESURFACED. JJANG JJANG.

We all know whats gonna happen.

Okay, not me.

Anyways.

Do upvote and/or comment if you think this update is nice

On a side note, i realise I'm kind of shipping for MinjungxKibum (oops).