Start.

My Secret Promise.

A/N: Minor swearing ahead. Stop reading if you can’t take swearing. Also, any companies or school or such mentioned in this story is fictional. Non-existent. Bam. Please enjoy.

 

“Kibum oppa, I have…liked you for a very long time! Would you go out with me?”

Kibum looked at the girl in front of him. Short but slender, he noted, and quite pretty too.

But not my type, he concluded.

Taking a deep breath, he willed himself to look apologetic.

“I’m sorry, but I already have someone I like.” He averted his eyes.

The girl took a sharp intake of breath.

With a sad smile that took him hours to perfect, he continued: “Eunmi, you’re a very nice girl, and I’m sure that you deserve someone better than me.”

Eunmi forced a smile, but Kibum caught the flash of sadness past her eyes.

”That’s all right, oppa. Thank you for taking me seriously.” And with slight hesitation, she added: “I hope that you can end up with the one you like.”

With that, she took off, but she couldn’t hide her tears anymore.

“Kibum-ah~ you made another girl cry.” Teased a voice behind him. With a sigh, Kibum turned around to see his closest friend Minjung inching closer to him.

“Choi Minjung! How many times do I have to tell you not to eavesdrop?”

Pretending that she couldn’t hear him, Minjung continued with her voice lowered: “So, she’s the 6th one this month? How many points did you give her?”

With an irritated look, Kibum began walking away. However, sensing Minjung’s amused stare, he stopped and looked at her with exasperation. 

“7. She’s pretty but she doesn’t have any personality.” Kibum answered flatly.

“Hmm. Pretty high.” She said with a satisfied smirk.

Brushing his fringe off his eyes, Kibum walked back into the school building with Minjung tagging behind.

It’s Kibum’s second year in high school. It has been 12 years since that day Jonghyun disappeared, yet not once did Kibum think of him. After the day Kibum threw a tantrum, he woke up with no memories of Jonghyun. His personality also underwent a total change. From the unsociable kid that he had been, Kibum changed into a kid with total confidence. He was able to make friends easily, and instead of following after anyone, he was leading them. His parents was worried for him initially, but seeing that he was a brighter kid than he was, they let him forget about Jonghyun. They followed by erasing evidences of Jonghyun ever being in their lives, including that letter.

After he entered high school, he gained a lot of popularity and admiration, especially with girls. With his reputation as the nicest guy on campus, he got elected as the president of the student council in the high school he is in. However, beneath his ‘nice guy’ exterior lies a huge secret.

After being showered with much affection and love by many, Kibum became a spoilt child, and being the smart (read: scheming) child that he is, he managed to hide his other personality from all.

Almost all.

Choi Minjung, standing tall at 170cm with layered black hair, is the only person that knows Kibum’s inner personality. The two of them met in middle school, and ever since Minjung discovered Kibum’s secret, they have been close friends ever since. Minjung is the only person whom Kibum confides in, and even though they quarrel a lot, they cherish their friendship with each other.

“So Kibum, why don’t you ever date anyone? That girl last month, she got 9 points right? That’s already very high.”

“I don’t wanna date anyone yet.”

“Is that so?”

“Yes.”

“Hm.”

Minjung caught up to him and they walked side by side in silence, towards the school building.


They hiked up the stairs together, walking towards their classrooms. Kibum and Minjung was in different class, but their classes was only side by side. Minjung reached her classroom first, so she spun around and waved to Kibum.

“Bummie-ah, I'll see you later, okay?”

“Just get in already,” Kibum whispered, still annoyed at her.

With a weird smile, Minjung entered her classroom. Kibum continued walking towards his classroom at the end of the corridor. The flurry of the classroom seemed to quieten the moment he opened the classroom door. With a skeptical look on his face, Kibum strode in, walking towards his seat.

“Oppa, morning!” greeted a girl.

SungMi, I think.

“Morning,” he greeted back before going through his bag to get ready for the first lesson.

Ah, I forgot my Geog textbook. Never mind, I'll just go over to Minjung’s class to borrow. Her first lesson isn’t geography right?

With that thought, Kibum stood up and went towards Minjung’s classroom. Flinging open the door, he shouted: “Minjung-ah, lend me your-”

He stopped.

The whole class stopped their activities and stared at him, as if they’re awaiting his respond.

Minjung knelt next to her table, picking up the trash that overflowed from her table. As if in a trance, Minjung focused only on the trash, and she didn’t seem to notice that Kibum had entered the classroom, neither did she notice that the whole class was quiet. He saw that her bag had been overturned and the contents of her bag was strewn all over her desk, not to mention that the wastebasket had been emptied on her table.

It took all he had to suppress the anger that was bubbling within him.

 “Minjung-ah,” he called.

When that didn’t generate a respond, he walked towards her desk with a straight face, under the scrutinization of the whole class. As he walked towards her, he called again with a shaky voice,

“Minjung-ah,”

The anger in his eyes was now unmistakable, yet the girl in front of him didn’t respond.

He stepped towards her, and soon he stood in front of her. He knelt down gently, and he covered his hand over Minjung’s. That was when Minjung raised her head, her face stained with tears. She looked shocked, noticing for the first time that Kibum was in the classroom.

“B-bummie-ah!” she stammered. Wiping her tears off her face, she forced a smile and asked, “What are you doing here?”

“What is this?”

“Nothing, okay? What did you come here for? You forgot your textbook again right? Hold on.”

“Minjung-ah,”

She scrambled to find the textbook in the pile of trash on her table.

“CHOI MINJUNG!” Kibum yelled.

The whole class stiffened.

“Tell me who did this. TELL ME WHO THE FU-” Minjung covered his mouth before he could finish his sentence.

“Kibum-ah,” she smiled. “I’m okay. Here’s my geography textbook. Go back to your class okay?”

this.

Kibum swiped all of the trash from Minjung’s table, and he packed all of her books.

“Minjung-ah, stand up, go pick up my bag from my class. Then wait at the gates for me”

“Ki-”

“GO.”

Unable to object, Minjung stood up and went to the next classroom.

Now Kibum stood in Minjung’s class, and soon he finished packing up Minjung’s bag, he made his way to the front of the classroom. His back to the class, he slammed the blackboard. After making sure he had the attention of the whole class, he began.

“I don’t know who did this, but you better hope that I don’t find out.” He said, then turning to face the class, he whispered, his face twisted in fury.

“Whoever dares to attempt this again, just know that the entire Kim Seung Corporation will be against you. Try if you dare.

Then he walked out of the classroom.

 

A/N (again. haha) : So. This is an early christmas present for you wonderful people reading this fanfic:D

I'm really sorry this took so long >.< I had school and i was focusing on another fanfic, 미안해~!

Anyways, I hope that you enjoyed this chapter! I'm already working on the next one, so it'll be out soon, really!

And again, criticisms are welcomed! (Though i prefer praises [shameless>.<] )

Oh, and Merry Christmas to you~<3