Delirium

Delirium

It was last summer when Suzy's fainting spells began. It was also last summer that she met Myungsoo. Every summer Suzy and her parents would travel to Gapyeong County and spend the warm season in their country house. Nearby their country house was a wide runoff where Suzy would spend most of her time, alone in thought or so she thought.

"Suzy honey, are you feeling unwell? You've slept the whole day away." Suzy's eyes fluttered open and closed. The distant voice had woke her. Someone had opened the curtains, sunlight was sweeping in. It was warm on Suzy's face. The seventeen year old groaned, and attempted to sit up but fell. She sighed, she hadn't slept well during the night again. "I'm just feeling overtired mum, must be the jet lag from a couple of days ago...it'll pass." She smiled as her mother walked back in to Suzy's room. Her mother sat beside her on the bed, her hair. "Well, a good fix is to get out of bed and perhaps eat something. Your father is already out volunterring in the sun, perhaps we should go and bring him and the villagers some refreshments hm?"
Suzy gazed out of her window, a breeze floated in, she could almost smell summer itself.
Sultry. Bit of rain and the comforting touch of warmth from the sunlight on her fair skin.
"Sure Mum, let me get ready."

    {~}

It was four in the afternoon. There was still a few hours before the day was over. It was a balmy afternoon. Suzy's white dress fluttered with as cool breeze blew, the small esky she held gleamed beneath the summer sun. Insects were chirping, the sky clear with only few clouds about. Beads of sweat were already sliding down her face when she and her mother arrived at the outskirts of the villge. She spotted her father amoung the red pepper crops, he was a tall man with very broad shoulders, her height, she guessed she inherited from him, though her fair skin from her mother.
"Dad!" She shouted, she walked towards the crops, villgers who were harvesting greeted her. Some commenting how she had grown over the past years as her family spent almost every summer there.
"Daughter!" He returned, "Where have you been? Everyone was expecting you today."
Suzy squirmed and looked down.
"She was playing the role of sleeping beauty in her lovely bed." Her mother chided playfully. 
"MUM!" Suzy blew air out of her cheeks, her bangs ruffled. "I mean, yeah.. sorry dad" She replied sheepishly.
Her father frowned, but said nothing. His eyes stared at the esky, his daughter held. "My, what'd you bring?"
Suzy grinned,"Refreshments. Mum's special homemade lemonade. And watermelon!"
"Oh, just the thing I was craving.We should take a break."
"Perhaps you should father. I'll prepare it, why don't you tell the rest of the villagers to settle down for a break as well?"
"That sounds appropriate dear daughter." He ruffled her hair and he went on his way.

After everyone had a break, Suzy saunted away, only telling her mother she was going to explore. Her mother agreed and gaved her a thermal of the cool drink and told her to be home before the sun had begun to set. As Suzy trecked alone, she found herself wondering towards the runoff near the Bae's property. It wasn't big enough to be a river nor small enough to be referred to as a spring.
"I wonder if i'll see him there. Like I did last summer." She thought. Suzy had come to the exact place she saw him last summer yesterday, and the day before. He wasn't there. She sat under a tree, its' branches wide enough to shade the girl. She pulled a book out of her satchel she brought with her, and began reading. She waited. A few moments after, her patience folded. She blew out air. "Arghhh, Suzy you're going crazy! He isn't real! It was just a dream, a fantasy! you fool." She brought the book up to her face and and banged her forehead against it, "Babo, babo, babo." She continuely muttered to herself. "Babo, babo-" 
"What are you doing?" A voice rang out, it was low, melodic and oh so familiar. Suzy stiffened, her eyes scrunched closed as she laid the book on her lap. Her eyes opened and widen, she was face to face with him. His face in close proxmity with hers. She could clearly see the specks of brown in his iris', they gleamed as he blinked. He stared, as she took in every detail. It was him, the unforgotten dimple as he half smiled, the one eye that was slighted smaller then the other as one side of his mouth moved up. 
"Myungsoo. You're...here."
"I am." He stood up properly from his leaning position. 
"So you're real? I mean.." She trailed away, speechless. The beautiful boy she had thought about constantly for the past year. Funny that, as she thought harder, it seemed the like it was only thing she remembered since... since last summer.  
"For you Suzy, I guess. What do you think?" 
"I don't understand." 
"Does everything have to be understood? Just take it or leave it, I say." 
Suzy gazed at him, she lifted a hand towards him. He stared back, a brow rosed, "What?" 
"Pull me up." She whispered.
So he did, their hands touched and grasped as she was stood up, Suzy swear she felt sparks run through her, her breath hitched as his thumb idly rubbed the back of her hand.
She look at their hands, for they were still intertwined. "Um, our hands.." She began to pull away.
But he tightened his hold, "Doesn't it feel nice, when holding one's hand?" He smiled.
She nodded, feeling warmth in her cheeks.
 Myungsoo pulled her along, they walked along the bank hand in hand, in comfortable silence. Suzy caught glimpses of him from the corner of her eye. He was wearing a blue V neck shirt and white shorts. His hair was slightly messy, probably styled like that deliberately.
"So why'd you come back?"
"Because Summer came back. Don't you remember? I go wherever Summer goes. Curse to follow it, like a prisoner." He laughed bitterly. "Or maybe I'm just lonely."
"Right. You said summer was your least favourite season." She scunched up her nose. "Can I ask why? You never told me."
"Summer is the only time I get to see you, but it's also the time I have to leave you. Kinda bittersweet really." He let go of her hand, much to her disappointment. He bend down and placed his hand in the water, reaching for something and pull it out and laid it on the bank. It was a small cray fish. "Isn't Summer your favourite season?" 
Suzy smiled sheepishly, "Yes, because I get to see you." She mumbled.  
Myungsoo couldn't help but smile to himself. "Sorry, I didn't hear you properly, what'd you say?" 
Suzy scoffed, "Because I get to see you, loser. Please clean your ears." 
Myungsoo stood up, "Sorry, what? Loser? You'll pay for that." He stepped closer to her. Suzy stepped back almost stumbling. "H-hey, what're you doing?" 
Myungsoo grabbed her hand, the other snaking around her waist and pulled her towards him. He was so close, Suzy could feel his breath on her nose. She closed her eyes as soon as he saw her leaning in. 
"What's wrong Suzy? Are you afraid of me?" 
She shooked her head, her eyes still closed. 
"Afraid I'll kiss ya hm" He teased.  
Suzy gasped as she felt soft lips touch her nose. She pushed him away, but of course, the young man was holding on to her  and with a big SPLASH! the two fell into the water. Myungsoo got up laughing, the latter laughed harder as the girl's jaw was dropping to the floor. "What the hell! At least give some warning next time!" She half-yelled, though smiling at the end.
"I did!" He chuckled. 
She whined as her clothes were soaked, her hands covering her burning cheeks. Myungsoo stared at her as she fixed her bangs, he coughed and swallowed, her white dress that now soaked revealed skin. He stood up and turned away, forcing himself not to stare at her obvious body curves. He walked on to the bank, while Suzy got up herself. She was about to ask where he was going when he came back with a towel. 
"Well. Didn't you come prepared." She joked. 
"Of course I did." Is all he said as he wrapped it around her from behind. 
"..Thanks," They stood still, her back into his chest, his scent filled her nostrils, it no doubt, smell of summer. 
"You should get going. Come I'll walk you home." He whispered in her ear. 
Suzy looked up to the infinite sky, he was right to her disappointment. The sun was beginning to set, it left the sky with a gradient of blue and pink and orange. She needed to get home before her parents did.
She nodded and blushed as he pulled a strand back behind her ear. Feeling brave, she took his hand, he only smirked and in returned swung their arms back and fourth gently. 

The two reached the Bae's home, luckily Suzy's parents weren't home yet. She silently thanked God for such good luck otherwise she'd have a lot of explaining to do. Walking up to the porch, they stood facing each other. 
"Do you really have to leave again? Can't you stay?" She began. 
"I'm not leaving, I'm where you are Suzy. Always." 
"But you said-" 
"I'm here Suzy," He said pointing to her heart. "And you're here too" Pointing to his chest. 
"That's stupid." 
"Is it? I don't know." He smirked. His dimple showing. 
"You are real aren't you? You're not a ghost are you?" As she got on her tippy toes and poked his dimple. 
"I guess that's up to you."His hand caught her finger, she traced his face, from his dimple to his nose and mouth. He bit her as she did. 
"Come, I think you're tired." He said as he unlocked the door.
"Hey, how did you open that?" 
"Just come in. No more questions." 
So she did.

As Suzy walked in, she follow the young man into her room. She stared as he rummaged through the cupboard and gave her clothes. "Change. I'll just be outside."
"No don't. Just stay here." As on cue, Myungsoo raised a brow. "I-I m-mean, just turn around. I don't want to be alone." She stuttered, "What the hell did I just say? It didn't come as suggestive did it?!" She thought to herself, heat in her cheeks.
He nodded and turned. She quickly changed into shorts and a simple Tee. 
"Ok, you can turn around now." 
He did. Suzy stood still as he stared. Their eyes met. 
"Suzy, you're really beautiful, you know." 
"If I'm so beautiful, why won't you stay?" She challenged. 
"Suzy, you're tired now. You need to rest." He said, ignoring her question. 
She sighed, it was true, as soon as he mentioned tiredness, she immediately felt exhausted. She obediently went to her bed and let the man tuck her in. 
"You know," She yawned, "This is a little creepy. It's just me and you in this house." 
"Don't you trust me?" 
"I do, that's why its creepy." 
"Oh." 
"Yeah." 
"Your parents will be home soon. I have to go." 
"I know." Her voice sounding sad. "But, since you're real, can I have your number? I mean a real person must have a contact number." 
This made Myungsoo laugh. "Oh Suzy, you already have my number. Now will you please sleep?" 
"One more thing" She whispered.
"Yes?" He answered, 

"Kiss me goodnight." 

So he did. 

He leaned in, to peck her on the cheek but Suzy turned and met his lips with her own. Soft and warm they were. He pulled away. She sighed. 
"That was sneaky, you know you're still a minor. I could get in trouble." He chucked. 
"Do you trust me?" 
"I don't." Suzy pouted, that was not how she wanted it to play out. 
He laughed cheekily before planting another kiss on her nose. 
She sighed, boy was she tired. 
Her eyes closed, She whispered, "Myungsoo?" 
"Yes?" 
"Don't leave me." 
"I won't." 
"Promise?" 
"With my heart Suzy, with my heart." 
"Okay. Goodnight Myungsoo." 
"Goodnight, my sleeping beauty. I'll see you next Summer."

{~} 

Suzy opened her eyes but abruply shut them. The artificial light was too strong for her tired eyes. Beeping sounds were heard. She groaned, her limbs felt heavy. Something long and thin was taped into her nostrils - a tube. She opened her eyes again, this time keeping them open. She lifted her hand, a needle was taped to it, into the flesh. She turned her head and found a middle age woman, asleep, her clothes wrinkled, her hair disheveled. She was holding Suzy's other hand. "Mum?" Her voice was husky and grainy like she hadn't used it in years. 
The woman awoke, her eyes fluttered open, tears already appearing. 
"Suzy. You're awake. My dear, you're awake!" 
"What happened?" She tried to sit up. Her mother helped her. "Why...am I here. Why aren't we in our summer house?" 
"Oh honey, there's alot to explain. "
"Like what?"

"The reason we aren't in our Summer house is because it's not Summer. In fact, the Summer you're thinking off was last Summer." 

"What?" 


 

"Honey, you've been asleep since last Summer.



Suzy found out why she couldn't remember anything since last summer. She had fallen asleep, suffering from dizzying spells, she dismissed it as being jet lag but it wasn't. It was something more serious. Suzy had been asleep for almost fifteen months. It was Autumn, October to be exact. Three days before her birthday. Doctors had diagnosed her with Kleine-Levin Syndrome or more commonly known as Sleeping Beauty Syndrome. They had been feeding her nutrients through a tube. Months passed, she was put on stimulants to help keep her awake. She improved, only suffering minor attacks - sleeping for up to a week instead. The doctors told her parents she'll grow out of it hopefully. Her parents cried, but were relieved that their little girl was back. Suzy though was feeling more lonely then ever. 
 

At last, Summer came around again. Her doctors deemed her to be fit enough to travel to their summer house. When Suzy mentioned Myungsoo, her parents denied of hearing any villager with that name. She sighed, so it was just a dream. 
A really long, nice dream. 
The first day, she practically ran to the nearby run off. It was the same as it ever seemed. But there was no him. 
The second day, she also ran. Still no sign of him, but the sparkling blue run off of water. 
The third day, she walked, her hopes drained. She stood at the bankside, kicking rocks into the wide stream. Suddenly her phone buzzed, she sighed, and reached into her pocket and unlocked it.

"Hello?" 
 

"Bae Suzy, are you back yet?"

She gasped, and turned. Her eyes widen. 
There he was, standing under the tree, with the same michievious grin.

She walked towards him.

"I'm delirious." She said.
"Maybe you are." He said.
"You're my delirium."
"I guess I am."

She laughed, and ran into him wrapping her arms around his neck. 

"So you're not real?" She asked, her face smothered into his neck. 
"Not if you say I am." He answered, his arms around her waist. 

She looked up, she stared into his eyes in wonder.

"You're my delirium." She said again.

He chucked, "I guess I am." 

 

 


 

Oh my, that was one long oneshot! 

I hope you guys enjoyed it :) 

If you guys don't know what sleeping beauty syndrome is, its basically a neaurological disorder that is described with excessive eating and sleeping. In Suzy's case, it's sleeping. While she's asleep, she's basically in another world, she's created herself in her head with the addition of a very very y, hot, irristable beautiful unf man - Myungsoo! (Imagine, creating a perfect guy like myungsoo in your head whos a little keen on you ;)  daaaayyyyummm :p) 

Anyhow, I won't bother you much for longer. It'd be great if you'd subscribe! I plan to write more fics about myungzy for you myungzy shippers out there! 

thanks for reading! 

(cr to owner in gif)