Patch things up

Secret Love

YONGHWA POV

The coffee didn’t help in comforting me. I still remember how Shinhye is smiling with Minhyuk and the other boys.

Jungshin: Yonghwa! Jonghyun is taking Shinhye home. He’s asking for the key.

Yonghwa: What? How about us?

Jungshin: It’s okay. Hongki said we can ride on them.

Yonghwa: What?!

 

I left Jungshin. Ahhh, so this must be the plan, okay. I’ll play the game. Thanks for the effort guys. Besides, I like to do this too. Shinhye’s been bothering me for a while now. And my favourite coffee didn’t help me at all. I spotted Shinhye walking towards the door. I reached out to her and told her “Jungshin told me you’re leaving. I’ll take you home. Let’s go.” I just keep holding her until we reach my car.

Shinhye: Yonghwa.

Yonghwa: Fasten your seatbelt honey. (I start the engine and drive)

Shinhye: Yonghwa.

 

============================

 

YONGHWA POV

I stare at Shinhye. She looked nervous. I slowed down my driving. Mianhe Shinhye. I thought being with you will stress me out. But I was wrong. For 1 year I’ve not seen nor heard anything from you, this is the most peaceful and comfortable night I’ve ever had, a moment with you.

Yonghwa: Shinhye.

Shinhye: Where are we going?

Yonghwa: I’m taking you home.

Shinhye: Is this a shortcut? Even though I don’t drive, I know my way home.

Yonghwa: Shinhye. Let’s talk

Shinhye: I want to go home.

Yonghwa: I just want us to talk! For God’s sake! (Shouting)

Shinhye: You don’t have to yell at me!

Yonghwa: Then why are you avoiding me?

Shinhye: You’re asking me why?

Yonghwa: Yes I’m asking you now.

Shinhye: Why? Aren’t you avoiding me too?

Yonghwa: Because you want this. You ignored me.

Shinhye: Is it me Yonghwa? Was it really because of me?

Yonghwa: (I stop the car at the roadside) You chose to forget me!

Shinhye: That’s not true! You did it Yonghwa. You don’t know what I had to go through. (Shinhye couldn’t control it anymore. She cried)

Yonghwa: With that one damn message you threw everything?

Shinhye: I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Yonghwa: Why? Do you not remember anymore? Or one of the things you chose to forget.

Shinhye: How can you put the blame on me Yonghwa? Do I deserve this?

Yonghwa: Is that how much you hated me?

Shinhye: I never hated you!

Yonghwa: Then why Shinhye?

=silence=

Yonghwa: That night, did you go there to show off that you have someone you like.

Shinhye: I don’t understand.

Yonghwa: Yoon Gun, who is he to you? Why didn’t I see him with you after that?

Shinhye: What’s Yoon Gun got to do with this? You don’t know why I’m there. I was desperate. But I’m more surprise with what I see. Besides, why did you get angry, that you chose not to talk to me?

Yonghwa: I was desperate too. But then again, what you said is true. Why did I get angry? It’s not like I have any rights to feel that way.

Shinhye: What was the message you were talking about?

Yonghwa: Forget it. I’ll take you home now.

================================ =============

 

Minhyuk: Ahh, Where’s Noona? Did she left already? I thought she just went to the restroom and Hyung too?

Jungshin: Minhyuk, you are so slow (laughs)

Minhyuk: What? Wait, I’ll call them.

Jungshin & Jonghyun: Wae? A-Annyeo! Minhyuk! (They snatched Minhyuk’s cellphone away)

============================================

At the gate of Shinhye’s residence

 

Shinhye: Thank you for taking me home. Please take care!

Yonghwa: (nods)..... Ahh, Shinhye.

Shinhye: Ne?

=silence=

Yonghwa: I’m sorry.

=another silence=

Shinhye: I’m sorry too. (Smile)  I’m coming in.

Yonghwa: (nods).... Shinhye!

Shinhye: Ne?

Yonghwa: Let's start anew.

Shinhye: Yonghwa..

Yonghwa: Can we be friends again? (smile)

Shinhye: Wae? Since when did we stop being friends? (smile)

Yonghwa: Yeah, good night!

Shinhye: Good night! I'm really coming in now! (laugh)

Yonghwa: (nods).... Shinhye!

Shinhye: Yah Yonghwa!!!!!

Yonghwa: (laughs) Can I call you tonight?

Shinhye: Tssssss. So you can start bothering me again? (smile)

Yonghwa: (laughs)

Shinhye: I’m coming in! (runs to the door)

Shinhye waves and enters the house.

 

YONGHWA POV

“Yeah, I’ll bother you again.” Shinhye, I’m sorry. I was wrong. I shouldn’t have given you up before. You’re the only one who can make me as happy as this. I know it’s you. Yeah, let’s be friends again. Then I’ll make you fall in love with me. This time, I will fight for you.