Author's note

Angel

So, this is going to go through a re-write. I wasn't entirely happy with how it ended (or anything other than the first chapter, really), but with the academic year almost over for me with just another 6 weeks left, I'm going to take it slowly to start with. All the original chapters have been deleted, not just hidden for the time being. 

There will be a part two to Angel; originally I was going to finish floriography first, but honestly it'll take far too long. I may end up treating it more like a prequel if I ever get around to finishing it. There won't be aby real writing schedule for me to stick to, but I do have about 5 months before going back to university once this term is over. Granted, in that time there are other things I have to do, like keeping up with my studies, looking for a placement for next year and I have a job, but it'll get there. I promise.

 

EDIT 1: So, chapter 1 is up and I am so, so much happier with it then I was the first time round. I think it has almost doubled in length? I'm really hoping I can keep up that level of contentment with all the chapters. I'm also going to work harder on making sure I clear up some of the points that were raised the first time around. It is marked M, and that's mostly for discussion of character death - though not too in depth - drug/alcohol misuse and depression. If you'd rather not read it, then that's ok. I'm not going to make you; it was really more of a set up chapter. I'm not going to try and glamourise/romanticise either of the last two too much (if at all if I can) because, lets be real, they're ugly, painful, life destroying things.It should be the only chapter I have to mark if things don't go too far from the original story. If all goes well, I should have another update in about two weeks, but please - don't hold me to it. If it doesn't happen, then there's going to be a very good reason.