Monday Madness

Bulletproof My Lust

-Kyungsoo-

After a quick shower and a long drive, minus the countless times I was cut off, I finally made it to the precinct. I stormed in, earning weird looks from the other officers. Ignoring them, I quickly made my way towards the elevator.

After passing by the sea of desks, and taking the elevator to the 3rd floor, I turned the corner, the chief's office door finally in sight. Quickly glancing down at my watch, while my legs worked in overdrive to get me to the door, the time read 6:45.

I wonder why the chief needs me here so early.

Technically my shift didn't start until 7:30, but I'm not complaining, confused yes.

“Oh Kyungsoo!” The wicked voice sung.

My shoulders dropped along with my head in fustration, but I did not slow my stride, in fact I think I might have sped up. Arms draped over my shoulders, halting me as I let out a sigh.

Why? Why can't I have a peaceful morning without these two?

“What do you want Luhan and Baekhyun?” I mumbled, while my eyes stayed locked on the chief's door.

“Is that any way to say hi to your friends?” Luhan asked, slightly pouting.

“No, but you're not my friends, so I think that was perfectly appropriate.” I said, longing to get to the chief's office.

“I think you should be nicer to us, you wouldn't want to lose any more time. The chief really seems to want you and you know he has a bad temper when having to wait.” Baekhyun chimed.

“That was me being nice.” I said, brushing their arms off of my shoulders and fixed my shirt.

“Maybe you should try harder.” Luhan laughed, ruffling up my hair.

“Maybe you can go fu—”

“Kyungsoo!” The chief's voice boomed throughout the hall.

I flinched out of habit. His stern voice was really terrifying when he shouted, even more so when he spoke in his normal tone. It reminded me too much of my own father.

You think you're fit to be a cop?” My father accused. “You don't have the skills, the fire, the heart to become a cop.” He said with a flat voice. “I don't care if you passed the test, I know a good cop when I see one.” He looked down at me. “And you are not one.”

I'm sorry you feel that way, but that won't stop me from doing something I love.” My hands balled up in fists at my sides. “I will show you that I am worthy of the title of a police officer. I will show you that I have the heart to be one. I will show you, that I can be a son you can be proud of.”

Ridding myself of old memories, I glared at the two smirking devils and quickly walked to the door. I lifted my sweaty palm and knocked my fist against the wooden surface only to get yelled at again. Quickly I opened the door, and quietly shut it behind me.

I turned around and brought my full attention to the chief, well to his back anyways. The chief was currently standing up behind his desk, facing away from me, looking out the window at the crowded streets of the city.

“Sit.” He ordered, not even bothering to turn around.

Without so much as a second thought, my was pressed into the chair, my hands found their place in my lap. Taking a nervous glance to my right, I noticed that the chair next to me was occupied; and from what I could tell, they were asleep. I couldn't guess what gender this stranger was because they had a hood covering their head, which was buried in their arms on the desk; I could only hear the steady low breathing.

Who was that? And why are they in the chief's office?

My attention went back to Kris as he calmly sat down in his own seat, reclining back slightly. His eyes bore into mine and I was surprised to see he didn't look as angry as he sounded.

Is this a good time to apologize again?

“Sir I'm sorry for being late. It won't happen again.” I assured.

“I know.” He answered, leaning further back in his chair while rubbing his head and closing his eyes.

He looks a little...troubled?

“Sir is everything alright?” I cautiously asked.

“No. Everything is not alright.” He sighed.

“What can I do to help?”

“I knew you would ask that.” The corner of his lips twitch as if he was about to smile, but soon it flatten into a thin line again.

It was no new announcement. Our chief wasn't ugly; you couldn't even really put the chief and ugly in the same sentence. He was every females wet dream. He had a job, he had a luring mysterious look to him that made you want to know more, and he had handcuffs.

I admit he is very attractive, terrifying but attractive none the less, though I didn't really see him in that type of way, like a father with a bad attitude more than anything.

“I have a situation.” He announced, his voice turning serious. “Two days ago, I was sent a letter containing a threat.”

A threat? You called at 5:42 about a threat?

“I mean no disrespect, but don't you always get sent threats? Almost everyone here had been threatened at least once.” I informed.

I even received threats from time to time, but what do you expect when you put people in prison for a living. Stealing people from their normal lives and throwing them in cages like animals. Though we do it, it's not something I take joy out of, but it's to keep everyone safe and the city peaceful.

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.

“Yes I'm well aware of that, but this one is different.” He paused, a hint of hesitation in his voice;which was strange coming from the chief of police, but he slowly continued. “This letter threatened to harm my family, sending pictures as proof, stating that they know everyone’s locations and their schedules.” His left hand twitched. “I know there is a big chance this is all just a scare tactic or some sick joke, but I will not allow my family to get injured because I carelessly ignored this.” Kris's voice took a low dangerous tone as he clenched his fist.

I was a little shocked he would tell someone like me, something so personal and important as this. Yet I didn't even know that he had family living down here still. Rumors around here were that most of them moved to different countries. I heard that he had a sister living out here, but she was killed in a tragic car crash 10 years ago.

I knew what it was like to want to protect your family, but have no idea how to do so. It's a dangerous game of Russian Roulette, not knowing whether or not the next time you pull the trigger, will the bullet have your name on it.

I will show you I have what it takes dad.”

“Sir what would you like me to do?” I asked determination in my voice.

“This is a very serious favor, one I would like to be kept between us. No one can know about this, no one.” Kris ordered. “This has to be under the radar. Do you understand?”

“I understand.” I nodded my head.

Next to me, the person in the chair shifted a bit, and softly mumbled something I couldn't hear. Bringing my eyes back to Kris, I noticed him looking at the person in the chair with a small smile that disappeared as soon as his eyes met mine.

Strange.

“Good. Your father was an extraordinary man and I can see the apple didn't fall far from the tree and I trust that you won't tell a soul.” He approved, but it seemed like he was talking to himself than to me. “I will be entrusting you with something very near and dear to my heart.” He paused as if looking for a certain word.“My nephew.”

“Nephew?” I repeated, making sure I heard him correctly.

I am not that good with kids.

“Yes, my nephew.” He confirmed, “But nobody must know he is of my blood though. You will become his new shadow, every move he makes you will follow. You are responsible for his well-being and safety.” He locked our gazes. “You must keep your eyes on him at all times.” He raised an intimating golden eyebrow. “I have already taken the liberty of making a statement to most the other officers saying that you got a new partner, it will draw less attention.” He continued. “He will get a badge, but you will not allow him around guns or any weapon for that matter. In a lack of better words, he's a little snake, so watch him carefully.” Kris said

Wait, wait, hold it. I am supposed to watch his little nephew. Lie and tell others that some kid is my new partner. Oh and the best part is that this little kid is sneaky. What a way to start off the week.

“He will also have to live with you. I would say till Sunday to be safe. I can't risk that they get him while living with me, while I'm at work. If no further threats or signs of danger are sent, I will come collect him.” He said

Would you look at that, now he has to live with me. Aren't I the luckiest guy in the world?

“If you allow even one strand of hair on his head to get pulled, I will have your badge and resignation on my desk before you can even say sorry.” Kris growled, narrowing his eyes.

Well, won't the next few days of my life be fun.

“Why don't you just put him in witness protection sir?” I questioned carefully.

“I have reasons to believe someone in this precinct is giving out information to whoever is sending these threats.” He made a face of disgust. “I have tried my best to keep him from societies eyes, so hardly anyone knows who he is. I have yet to receive a letter from them stating they know about my nephew, but I will not take risk. I know this is a lot of trouble and it's very dangerous, but will you do this for me?”

I'm already hating myself from what's about to leave my mouth. But I have to do this, I need to do this.

“Yes sir, but is there anything else I should know sir?” I asked.

He went quiet for a second. “Hmm, oh, do not pinch his cheeks.” He warned. “He's a very nice kid, smart too, just don't get him aggravated unless you're will to deal with the reciprocation.”

How tall and old is this kid? I'm 21 and I'm not going to get my kick by a little kid.

“He is not allowed to have any contact with the outside world. I have already told him this, but then again he disregards everything I tell him.” He sighed. “He will have a cellphone with only mine and your numbers on it. Though I doubt he will ever need to call you because he is going to be with you 24/7.”

My throat went a little dry from the tone of his voice.“What about clothes sir?” I hesitantly asked.

“You two will stop by my house to pick them up. Again, he must always be in your sight. If he needs to go to the bathroom you stand outside the god damn door. Don't you even dare try to touch him either; I swear if you do I'll—“

“Sir I'm not a e. I promise not to lay a hand on your nephew, unless necessary sir.” I assured.

Kris let out a short quick chuckle and ran his hand through his hair.

“I'm sorry I cannot give you the same reassurance. He can be a little touchy at times.” He said “But I trust you and you should know I don't just give away my trust.” He gave me an approving nod. “Do not let anyone here know who he truly is.”

Wait, what does he mean? This kid is going to touch me? Like hit me, tug my hair? Great. Just great.

“I will do everything in my power to make sure he is safe and when the week is over, he will leave with you in the same condition you left him in sir.” I said, more to myself than to him.

“Good. Thank you for accepting this assignment for me. I hope this won't affect your performance in the force.”

“No it won't sir.”

Kris to a long pause before he spoke once more. “I understand that you had relations with Officer Terry. And from what I heard things didn't end to well between you two. If you are still under some stress, I don't want to–”

“Sir what happen between me and Officer Terry will not affect how I handle your nephew. I give you my word.” I said, trying to push back the sudden rise of anger from hearing his name once again.

I'm sorry, Kyungsoo.” Terry bowed his head slightly. “I didn't want you to find out like this.” He motioned to the stranger he was recently sticking his tongue down his throat.

The knot in my abdomen tightened. The raw feeling of my heart being ripped out of my chest burned too much for me to bare. My hands unconsciously balled up, but I knew I couldn't hurt him. I was in too much pain to even think about inflicting it on another.

I- Kyungsoo you're a great guy, but I think it's better if we go our separate ways.” Terry quietly whispered.

The sad thing was I knew that this day would come.

Terry was a rose that didn't want to be pluck, didn't want to be owned and that's what drawn me to him. The thought of having something as beautiful and forbidden as him. He was a free spirit whose thorns were not afraid to prick anyone who got too close. The pain that trickled from my wound was not enough for me to get angry at him. Deep inside I already knew he was never mine to begin with.

That's when I realized how he got such an alluring shade of red. All those before me had contributed their own blood from getting too close to his thorns, just as I. His color would never fade for there will always be another person that would get lured to the scarlet rose. It was only a matter of time before the man before me was in my position.

Now that my own pain was slathered over his perfect little petals it was time for me to let go, for I would only hurt myself more. Uncurling my fist, I raised my hand to his head as he slightly flinched and patted his hair, keeping my eyes locked on my shoes.

Thank you, I hope everything goes well with your new spouse.” My voice strained with grief.

I retracted my hand from his thorns, and stepped away from the bush, taking one final glance at the crimson rose before walking away. The small wound becoming more painful with each step, until I became numb.

I wasn't in love with Terry any more. I hadn't been in love with Terry for a long time. I think I was in love with not being on my own, with having someone there at the end of the day and now I knew I didn't need that. My heart was not broken over him: it was breaking for the things I had wanted from him.

Isn't it funny how the memories you cherish before a breakup can become your worst enemies afterward? The thoughts you loved to think about, the memories you wanted to hold up to the light and view from every angle– it suddenly seems a lot safer to lock them in a box, far from the light of day and throw away the key. It's not an act of bitterness. It's an act if self-preservation. It's not always a bad idea to stay behind the window and look out at life instead, is it?

“Okay. For doing me this favor, is there anything I can do for you?” He asked.

“I'm not trying to sound rude sir, but could you please keep officers Luhan and Baekhyun away from me?”

“Why? Are they harassing you? Hurting you? Making you do illegal things?” He listed.

“No sir, they are just very annoying and noisy.” I answered truthfully.

“Oh.” He paused. “My nephew, he can be very effective with getting people to stop pestering, but just be warned he can sometimes go overboard.”

“Sir is your nephew some type of assassin?” I asked.

“No.” He laughed. “Ever since his mother's passing, he's been living with me and I have been teaching him how to defend himself.”

“You teach your nephew martial arts?” I questioned.

“Yes. You know that standard stuff, taekwondo, judo, karate, and kendo.” Kris said, like it was something everyone taught their children. “You never know what type of situation might arise.”

This kid is deadly.

“Are you sure your nephew needs protecting?” I asked in disbelief.

“Honestly speaking, no, but I will not risk his life. Even if all the odds are in his favor I will not allow him to take matters into his own hands.” He said. “Also I'm sorry to do this to you, but since you're watching my nephew all of your other assignments will be lower level ones. It's for his safety.”

I'm not even going to expect anything good to happen anymore.

“I understand sir. Is there anything else I should know?”

“Well, he tends to be very blunt, so I hope you can handle that.”

“Aren't all kids blunt sir?”

“That is exactly true.”

“Where will you be staying at sir?”

“In my house. I will not be chased out of my own home.”

“You're very brave sir.”

“You can stop calling me sir. Call me Kris; you have earned my respect, since you're doing this favor for me.”

“You're too kind sir. I mean Kris sir. I–I'm sorry sir.”

“It's fine. I know I can be little intimidating, but try to relax.” Kris said. “Now that everything is in order, I would like you to meet my nephew.” Kris stood up.

The time has finally come.

I also stood up, ready to go meet the person who is going to be taking up most of my time. I don't know how I'm supposed to fool the whole precinct that some kid is my new partner, but I will try my hardest. Luhan and Baekhyun will never let me hear the end of this.

I'm glad I at least cleaned my house up yesterday; don't want to scare the poor kid. Hopefully this kid likes me and won't cause any trouble. If I'm lucky he'll be one of those cartoon loving kids, that would distract him for a few hours.

Kris walked around his desk and I was already heading for the door. When my hand went to grasp the handle, his voice cut through the air.

“Where are you going?” Kris asked.

“I thought we were going to get your nephew sir?” I asked, turning around.

“He's already here.” Kris said, pointing to the sleeping person in the chair.

I felt like my eyes would have popped out of my skull.

That-that-that can't be his nephew. His nephew is supposed to be like 5 years old or something. He's supposed to be small and cute. Maybe he's just a very tall kid. Yeah, Kris is really tall, maybe it just runs in the family.

Kris motioned for me to come by him as he shook the person's shoulder. I decided that is was safer to stay where I was.

“Xiumin wake up.” Kris said, rubbing the boy's shoulder.

So his name is Xiumin. That's kind of cute.

“Go away.” Xiumin murmured, pushing his head further into his arms.

“Xiumin get up.” Kris said, his voice dropping a level.

“No.” Was his only reply.

“This is your last chance, get your up.” Kris growled, anger could be heard in his voice.

Well that escalated quickly.

When his nephew showed no signs of moving, Kris grabbed the back of the chair and yanked it backwards. The back of the chair hit the floor with a clatter, only his nephew stood up before he could fall along with the chair. Xiumin's back was to me, so I couldn't see his face, but from what I saw now, he wasn't very tall. I think I was at least 5 inches taller, give or take.

“Are you trying to give me a concussion?” The boy huffed.

“Maybe you would have hit your head and learned some better manners.” Kris simply said.

“Or maybe I could have gone into a coma so I don't have to hear to your voice anymore.” Xiumin said.

“You're the one to talk, all you do is complain about this and that.” Kris stated.

“Well maybe if you let me out of the house more often, you wouldn't have to hear me.” Xiumin countered.

“You know it's dangerous out there-”

“Come on uncle, I'm 19 years old. I need to learn things on my own. Not be locked up in a cage.”

'Wait he's 19!'

They snapped their heads in my direction. I guess I said that out loud. I would have slapped my palm over my face, but I was currently distracted.

I was taken aback by the boy's impeccable face and mesmerizing emerald eyes. I would have never thought he was 19 with that baby face. He had this cunning innocent look to him, but from everything that left his mouth told me otherwise.

He was dressed in a gray hoodie and some dark jeans, along with some plain sneakers. His hair remained hidden under the hood he wore.

More like a wolf in sheep's clothing.

There was this familiar knot in my abdomen as my gaze swept over his form. The longer I stared at him, the tighter the knot got.

Why am I so nervous?

I knew I wasn't lucky enough to get a simple job. I was very wrong about him being small, but he was actually kind of cute.

No he wasn't cute; he was the chief's nephew. I need to remember that.

“Who are you?” He asked me, raising an eyebrow.

Pulling me from my thoughts, I answered.“I-I'm Kyungsoo.” I said, swallowing the lump that grew in my throat as his eyes looked me up and down.

“You're cute.” He grinned.

“I-I- Thank you.” I stammered out, knowing my face was turning a light shade of red.

“Xiumin this is who I was telling you about. He will be watching over you.” Kris said, walking back behind his desk, and sat down

Xiumin's smile disappeared once the words reached his ears. He turned around and loudly slammed him hands down on the desk, causing me to wince.

“I told you, I can take care of myself.” Xiumin growled.

“And I told you, over my dead body.” Kris shot back.

“Why do you keep treating me like a baby?” Xiumin cried.

“Because you keep acting like one.”

Xiumin glared. “Then I think you should start wearing a on your head because you're acting like a .” He huffed, crossing his arms.

“Listen, I understand you want to go off on your own. A bird has to leave a nest, I get it, but not when there is a guy with a shot gun waiting in the shadows.” Kris said standing up. “So you will shut your mouth, pack your bags, and follow everything officer Kyungsoo says. Do you understand me?” Kris said, authority spilling from his voice, making me almost say yes sir.

“I understand... that you are being a complete .” He turned around and started walking towards the door, I quickly moved out of his way just as he snatches it open. “But I will follow your orders. Nice talking to you uncle.” He slammed the door behind him.

I turned back to look at the chief, who was sitting back in his chair. He hand pulled out a bottle of aspirin. He popped out two pills and swallowed. He grabbed the water bottle on his desk and drank about half of it.

What do I do now?

“Sir?”

“Kyungsoo you're going to need these.” Kris tossed me the bottle of aspirin.

I clumsily caught them, staring at the white bottle for a second before looking back at the chief.

“But what about you sir?” I placed the bottle in my pocket.

“I have about 5 more bottles. I'm good.” He sighed. “I know he seems very... outspoken but once you get to know him, he's a good kid. I'm just too protective of him, since his mother died in that car crash.” He paused. “He was in the back seat, I almost lost him too.”

I will not fail him.

“Sir, I will make sure nothing happens.” I looked him dead in the eyes. “Trust me when I say that nothing will happen to him.” I assured.

He looked at me with a raised eyebrow before he quietly chuckled.

What's funny? Was I not believable?

“Sir?” My eyebrows scrunched together.

“You might want to catch up to him before he finds where we store the guns.” Kris said.

My eyes widened.

How could I forget something like that?

“Have a good day sir.” I said, opening the door and rushing down the hall.

I searched like a madman for Xiumin. He wasn't in the coffee room, the gun arsenal, the fax room, the squad room, locker room, so I had deducted that he's probably no longer in the building.

Not even 5 minutes into the assignment and I already lost the kid. Might as well clean out my office.

I dragged myself down the hall, my head dropped a level as I stirred around people. The only good thing was that Luhan and Baekhyun weren't here to bug me.

I looked up to see the door with my name plate was slightly ajar. Squinting my eyes in curiosity, I increased my pace and place my hand on the wooden surface and push it open further. I spotted a familiar hooded figure sitting at my desk and let out a sigh of relief.

I guess he saw my name on the office door.

I walked fully into my office, but froze when I saw that Xiumin wasn't alone. The vultures Luhan and Baekhyun were there, looking at Xiumin like their next meal.

Just pretend they're not there and continue on with your day.

I walked to my desk, ignoring their stares. Sitting down in my seat and I grabbed the first thing I saw, which happened to be an old search warrant. Not having anything else to distract me, I opened it and began to pretend to fill in spaces, trying to look busy.

“Kyungsoo are you just going to ignore us?” Luhan asked.

“I'm working; I suppose you wouldn't know anything about that.” I dryly said.

“Ouch that wasn't nice.” Baekhyun laughed.

“I'll let that slide. I'm more interested in meeting your new friend here.” Luhan said.

I stopped writing, drawing my eyes up from the useless paper and gazing at the scene before me. Luhan was leaning over the edge of my desk looking down at the back of Xiumin's hoodie, whose chair was positioned next to mine. his head buried in his arms on the desk. Baekhyun was no different, for he was leaning against Luhan's shoulder, eyes glued on Xiumin as well.

I guess Xiumin wanted to go back to sleep.

“He's my new partner.” I said as calmly as I could.

“Why is it that you get all the cute partners? First Terry, ah Terry. I knew there was something I didn't like about that boy. He never did like to just stay in one place either.” Luhan said.

Why can't we just leave the past in the past?

“More like he never did just sleep in one place.” Baekhyun joke, before frowning. “I told you to let me shoot him, I wouldn’t have killed him.” Baekhyun stated. “But maybe you can start over with your new partner, oh, I didn't get his name.” He chimed.

“And you're not going to get it.” I said, tightly gripping my pen.

They always do this. Try to cheer me up by saying impolite things about Terry, but it's results are the opposite. Instead of being happy, it's making me feel worse. Just his name alone is enough to ruin my mood, and I already heard it more than I'd like today.

Terry may have done some things that would cause anyone to say disgraceful words about him, but I will treat him like I would any other person I meet, with the up most respect. Who am I stay rude things about him. It doesn't matter what he's done, he's still a person, with feelings and emotions.

Though he buried mine.

“But–”

Before Luhan could say anymore, Xiumin's hand shot up, yanking Luhan's tie down, pulling Luhan's face down to where Xiumin's rested.

“Listen here, I don't care what or who you're talking about, but do it somewhere else. I'm trying to sleep.” Xiumin lowly growled before letting a stunned Luhan go.

“Feisty.” Luhan said, fixing his tie. “I like feisty.”

“And I like sleep.” Xiumin mumbled, burying his face back in his arms.

“What's your name?” Luhan asked.

“Tired. It's spelled G-O-A-W-A-Y.” Xiumin groaned into the desk.

“Luhan, Baekhyun can you please leave so that I can do my job.”

“Why should I —”

“I just want to sleep!” Xiumin shouted, abruptly standing up to face Luhan and Baekhyun. “That's all.”

“I do have a very comfortable bed at my house.” Baekhyun suggested.

“Really? Do you want me to smother you in it? I don't care if you have a comfy bed. Unless it's your coffin, now shut up.” Xiumin said.

“You sure do know how to .” Luhan smirked.

“? Oh baby you haven't heard anything yet. How would you like it if I–”

This can't be good.

Before Xiumin could finish his sentence, I hopped out of my seat up and covered Xiumin's mouth with my hand, my other firmly grasping his hip. I pulled him flushed against my chest, trying to gain more leverage against his squirming body. Oddly, his body felt nice against mine.

No, Kyungsoo. Get your head out of the gutter.

“... Banana ... Rope ... Blood ... Eat …” Xiumin mumbled wildly, trying to rip my hands away from his mouth, attempting to moved his body away, but I only wrapped my arm around his waist, pulling his closer.

“You sure got a wild one.” Baekhyun said, looking with wide eyes at Xiumin who had stopped talking and was now slumped against my chest, but was still glaring daggers at Luhan.

I would have replied with something along the lines of “leave my damn office” but the walkie talkie clipped to their hips beat me to it, saying they had a 4-80, the code for a hit and run. They nodded a goodbye and quickly exited my office. The sounds of more footsteps passed by my door before fading into the distance.

When all was calm and quiet, I let out a breath of relief, but noted that it felt like something was restricting my chest from moving outwards. I looked down and remembered I still had the boy pressed against me.

His forest green orbs stared back up at me and something flashed in his eyes. Slowly his hand lifted from his side, his fingertips grazing the skin of my forearm before lightly grasping my wrist. I could feel the soft skin of his lips pucker in my palm, my heart hammering away at my ribs, which I was pretty sure he could feel from the lack of distance between us.

Never breaking eye contact, he slowly moved his backside against a very reactive muscle. My hand around his waist instantly tightened, his lips slightly trembled against my hand as a small moan poured from his lips through my fingers, his eyes fluttering as my fingers twitched over his silky skin.

Sweet Jesus. What am I doing?

The hand grasping my wrist tightened, dragging my palm softly over his lips. Something warm and wet slithered across my palm, snapping me back to reality. Without another thought, I quickly pulled away from Xiumin, removing my hands from him and wiping the saliva that coated my hand on my pant leg.

Taking a deep breath, I allowed my eyes to met his. “Why would you my hand, you have no idea where it's been.” I tried to return my voice to its normal tone.

It was the first thing that left my mouth, yet I didn't attempt to change my response. My mind was too occupied trying to figure out why I let all that happen a few seconds ago. The warmth feel of his body curved into mine would be forever branded in my memory.

Is this because I haven't been with someone for so long?

“I doubt it was anywhere ... interesting.” He shrugged, his eyes lowering down to my pants.

The way his eyes swept over me, as if his gaze was gliding across the layers of fabric, seeping through the choky stitching, caressing the skin lying in wait for contact. With a small shiver, I quickly sat down in my seat.

Xiumin plopped down in the chair across from my desk, giving me a satisfying smile.“Who were those two monkeys and how do you know them?” He spoke as if nothing had just happened; reaching out his hand and snatching up my pen before I could.

“They...” I trailed off. “That was Luhan and Baekhyun, sadly they're my brothers.” He gave me a look of disbelief that caused me to feel as if I owed him some more information. “They work in the special task department.” I added, knowing it didn't explain anything.

“You have such lovely brothers.” He said sarcastically, but perked up at his next question.“What department do you work in?” He asked, drawing his eyes up from the pen to mine.

I quickly dropped my eyes to my desk, a nervous coil squirming in my abdomen, a feeling so foreign I almost couldn't name it.

“I work in the criminal investigation department.” I answered, opening my desk drawer attempting to find another pen.

“What do you do in your department?” He questioned.

“Evidence collection, witness interrogation, record keeping, preparing arrest warrants, preparing and executing search warrants. I also search and apprehend certain criminals.” I said, finding a note and key instead of a pen.

You are relieved of your duty today. Here is the key to my house. Xiumin will show you where I live. Make sure he gets everything he needs.

“Hmm...” I pulled my eyes away from the paper in my hand and looked up at Xiumin, who had raised his left eyebrow with a mischievous smile curved into his lips.

“Do you know how to frisk people?” He asked, leaning slightly forward.

Strange question.

Unconsciously my eyes scanned over his form and stopping on his lips. Tearing my eyes away, I looked down at my pocket as I stuffed the key in, crumpling up the note. I stood up and pulled my car keys from my jacket pocket.

“Yes.” I answered.

“You want to frisk me sometime?” He asked, standing up, handing me my pen.

Definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing. This is going to be one long week.

__________________________________________

I cut the engine off in the chief's drive way, pulling the keys out of the ignition. Taking a quick glance I unbuckled my seat belt and opened my door, climbing out the car at the same time as Xiumin. I slammed my door shut and motioned for Xiumin to walk in front of me.

“Are you going to look at my ?” He teased as he walked pass me.

“No.” I answered nonchalantly.

But now that he mentioned it... no.

“Hmm, too bad.” He shrugged.

Too bad?

I'm not dim-witted; I know flirting when I see it. The whole drive here was a perfect example. The way his hand brushed over mine when he pointed which way I should turn. My heart jolted with every small touch, though my body was telling me it didn't mind the contact, my brain said other wise, he could have just simply said left or right.

He is going to be a very big distraction.

I scanned the area around us, looking for anything suspicious, but found everything to be in order. The sky was a light blue, small patches of white littered the sky. Flock of birds flew in formation across the ocean above, bees and butterflies traveled from flower to flower. The gentle breeze kissed my skin, fresh air swelled in my lungs. Everything was at peace, yet there was a cobwebby ambiance I couldn't pinpoint. An eerie feeling of danger lurking right under my nose.

Shrugging off my paranoid thoughts, I walked up the cement path to the front door, where Xiumin was already waiting.

“Here.” I dug into my pocket and handed him the key.

He took the key with a small smile and turned to face the wooden door. With a flick of his wrist, the door was unlocked and he stepped inside, I followed. I closed the door behind me and turned around just as Xiumin's hands slammed against the door, on either side of my torso. He was so close that I could see the faint dots of freckles the scattered across his milky skin.

My mind shot back to earlier in my office, the way our bodies meshed together almost perfectly. Now the tantalizing heat of his body was back against mine, but now I could feel the soft thump of his heartbeat, noting how it was much calmer than mine.

Just stay calm.

“Kyungsoo are you blind or something?” His eyes which seemed to have turned darker, bore up into mine.

“No.” I answered as calmly as I could, while my brain tired to command my heart to slow down.

“Then you can see that I'm interested in you.” He hummed quietly.

“I'm very aware of that.” I swallowed when I noticed his eyes trailed down to my lips.

“Then why haven't you tried anything?” He said almost breathlessly as he leaned up, his eyes never once left my lips.

“You're the Chief's nephew.” I explained, watching how his eyes followed the movement of my lips with every syllable I uttered.

And a danger to my well-being.

“You're scared of my uncle?” His eyes flickered up to mine.

“No, I respect your uncle.”

I wish I knew what I signed up for before making that promise though.

“Hmm...” His eyes dove back down to my lips. “You might be more challenging than I thought,” He leaned up further, his breath fanning over my lips. “but I like a challenge.” His fingers burned the skin along my jawline, continuing down my neck. “The wait will be fun, but it's not going to be easy.” Our eyes met for a second before mine wandered down to his petal lips, which he was currently biting, but then he stepped back and turned away.

I let out a breath I wasn't aware I was holding, my heart treading away in my chest. I watched his retreating form slowly disappear down a hall, but didn't move. When I felt enough distance was put between us and when I felt my heart slow and body temperature turn back to normal, I followed him down the hall. Seeing only one door open, I walked in where I found Xiumin opening a pair of double doors.

I allowed myself to examine my surroundings. The room was simple, light coffee colored walls, a bed in the middle of the room with two nightstands on either side. Tan colored carpet and a window to the left of the room. I couldn't exactly put my finger on it, but this setting, in my opinion, didn't quite fit Xiumin's personality.

I brought my attention to the person in question as he pulled out a duffel bag and began to stuff clothes and other necessary things in. Everything was running smoothly until my eyes almost popped out of my skull when I saw him throw a bottle of lube in his bag.

“Wait, what do you need lube for?” I cleared my throat in discomfort.

“What else do you use lube for?” He asked, with a smug smile.

“I-I-You're not going to need that.” I eyed his bag where the lube resigned.

“Why? Do you have some at your place?” He asked, amusement dripping from his voice.

“I-Yes -I mean no.” My cheeks burned with embarrassment.

How was I suppose to answer that?

“You don't have to be embarrassed. It's normal to pleasure yourself.” His eyes lowered.

For a second there, I wanted to bang my head against the wall until I forgot who I was. I would have done it to, but I had a job to do. I knew if I showed my weakness now, Xiumin will feed off of it like a starving beast, until I was nothing but a bone for him to play with.

“I guess I'll just put this back then.” He picked up the lube and tossed it on his bed. “I hope you do have some or I'll have to use something else. Hmm… You have honey right?” He looked at me.

How am I supposed to survive a whole week with him?

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Now safely back on the road heading to my home, Xiumin tried to start a conversation.

“So, do you like what you do?” He asked.

“Yes.” I said, stopping at a red light.

“Are you the type of cop that likes his job because he likes making others happy?”

“No, it’s because my father was a police officer and every boy in my family has been one.”

“Oh, so it’s a family thing.”

“Yup.” I kept my eyes on the cars the drove back and forth in front of me, but didn't miss the slight movement in the seat next to me from my peripheral vision.

“But you still like your job even though you had no say in what you do?” His voice sounded a little softer than before.

Taking the change in his tone into consideration, I answered. “Believe it or not, but I do. I’ve always been told that I didn’t have what it takes to be a officer. I’m going to prove them that I do.” The light flashed green, reminding me of his eyes, but I brushed those thoughts off and pressed forward.

“I think you’ll show them.” He said even softer.

I paused for a second. Something was telling me to comfort him, to pull him into my arms. I didn't have a clue where this thought had arise from, but I quickly squashed it.

“Thank you.” I finally said.

“No, I should thank you. You know, for letting me stay with you. I’m not going to sugar coat it, but I tend to be very start forward, especially when it’s something I want.” The raw strength in his voice returned as if it never left.

I had a feeling that there was a hidden meaning behind those words.

“Why are you so lustful? You know you’ll scare away people with all that lust.” I said without thinking.

“You haven’t run away yet.” He said, the softness returning. “I don't know why people are afraid of lust. But then I can imagine that they must be very afraid of me, for I have a great lust for everything. A lust for life, a lust for how the summer-heated streets feel beneath my feet, a lust for the touch of another's skin on my skin... a lust for everything. I even lust after cake. Yes, I am very lusty and very scary.” He mumbled the last part.

At least he knows himself well.

That need to console him came back again. I let my eyes flicker to him for a second. He was slouched in the seat, his cheek resting in his palm as he looked out the window.

“We’re here.” I said turning onto the dirt path.

“You live all the way out here with your brothers?” He asked.

“Not with my brothers, that would be an unlivable condition.” I shivered at just the thought.

“You’re all by yourself?”

“Well not anymore, I have you now.” I said, as my eyebrows scrunched together.

Why had I said that?

My house was finally in view. It wasn’t big, well big enough for two people.

Hopefully there won’t be any problems.

“I’m sorry to have barged into your life all of a sudden.” He said as I pulling into the driveway.

“It’s fine. I’ve been isolating myself from people long enough, this will good for me.”

I hope.

We both stepped out the car. I walked to the trunk and popped it open, grabbing Xiumin’s stuff. Slamming the trunk shut, I look up to see Xiumin looking at his surroundings like a lost puppy.

He looked so cute and innocent. Like when a kid first walks into a toy store. I guess that is how he sees this. My home will be a new place for him to explore and have fun in. Not too much fun I hope.

“Xiumin.” I called, tossing my keys.

He turned around and caught them. He looked down at his hands and then up at me confused.

“Can you go unlock the door; my hands are a little occupied.” I jiggled the bags in my hands.

“Oh, sure.” He said, walking to my house door.

When we reached my door, Xiumin hesitantly unlocked the door. He turned the knob and gently pushed the door open. He cautiously stepped inside and looked around. His eyes scanned the walk way.

I would have stood there and watched his expression a little longer but my arms were starting to protest.

“Xiumin.” I spoke his name.

He turned around, and I motioned for him to walk in further. His cheeks turned a light shade of pink as he moved out of my way. I kicked the door shut.

“Thank you.” I said. “If you’ll follow me, I’ll show you where you will be sleeping.”

I started walking and I could feel Xiumin walk closely behind me. We walked down the entry hall, passing by three floor-to-ceiling glass windows to the left and a closet to the right. We had then entered the living room, straight ahead was the kitchen. More walls of glass let light into the kitchen and living room. To the right was another hallway. Walking passed the kitchen and down the hallway, on the left was another small closet. Turning the corner was the laundry room, across from his bedroom.

I pushed the door open and walked in. I made my way to the bed and gently placed his belongings on it. I turned around and found Xiumin with the same lost puppy expression.

Inside the room was a queen size bed, a small table with a lamp on it, a chair in the corner, and a dresser. There was double door closet to the right of the door. There was also two floor-to-ceiling glass windows on both sides of two glass door that lead outside.

I should make sure those are locked.

I walked to the glass doors and turned the locked, smiling when I heard the click. I turned around and Xiumin was by the bed, gliding his hand over the comforter.

“I think it's vital that we do not sleep in the same room together. You know, for mine and your safety.” I said, his eyes seemed to sparkled with just a hint of a smile at the corners of his lips.

“Okay.” He said. “But kissing is allowed right?”

“No.” I started walking to the door.

“Aw, you're a sweet boy. Come over here and kiss me." He laughed.

I stopped just as I got to the door and turned around to face him.

“Why do you want me to kiss you?” I asked. “Do you just go around kissing people?”

“No, but you've got an awfully kissable mouth.”

Just stay calm.

“Thank you.” I said. “My office is next door and right next to that is my room. I’ll leave you so that you can unpack.” I said grabbing the door handle.

“Thank you again.” He smiled.

“No problem. Just make yourself at home.” I said. “Oh, the bathroom is right next to the laundry room. And the lube is in the medicine cabinet; second shelf.” I said closing the door as Xiumin laughed.

_________________________

My cell phone began to buzz in my pocket. Pulling it out, I checked the time. It was already 4:00. Seeing that it was the chief, I quickly answered it.

“Kyungsoo this is Kris.”

“Hello sir.” I said, sitting up straight on the couch.

“How is my nephew? He hasn’t caused any trouble?”

“No sir. We arrived at my house two hours ago. He’s been in his room ever since.”

“When was the last time you checked on him?”

“I’ll go check now.”

I shot up from the couch and made my way down the hall to his room. I knocked on his door and received no answer. I knocked again, but harder. There was still no answer. Panic flooded through my veins.

“What’s going on?”

“Hold on sir.” I said, as I quickly slammed him door open, rushing in.

“What happen? Is everything alright?”

“Everything is fine sir.” I sighed when my eyes landed on him.

Xiumin was asleep; curled up in ball in the middle of the bed.

“Can I talk to him?”

“I’m sorry, but he’s asleep sir. Can I take a message?”

“No it’s okay. I’ll just call back later. Please watch over him.”

“I will. Bye sir.” The line went dead.

I hung up my phone and placed it in my pocket. I looked over at Xiumin, and thought he looked kind of uncomfortable. I felt like I should move him, but then again I shouldn’t just touch him.

After battling with myself, I walked to the bed. I gently picked up Xiumin, placing him up further on the bed. I pulled the blanket back and slid it over him. Xiumin quietly yawned and then turned over.

I turned around and walked to the door. I closed the door behind me, but not before I heard him mutter a low thank you. I felt myself smile as I walked back to the living room.

___________________________________

“Kyungsoo.” My name was called, followed by a gentle nudge to my shoulder.

My eyes snapped open, green eyes just inches from mine.

“Hello sleepy head.” Xiumin smiled, putting a little distance between our faces.

I secretly yawned and looked around at my surroundings. The TV was on but muted. I must have fallen asleep, yet I don't remember doing so. I guess I was really exhausted.

But from doing what?

My eyes traveled back to Xiumin's, whose were silently roaming over my face. I then realized the position we were in. He was standing in between my legs, looking down at me, his hands grasping the back of the couch.

“Hi, do you know what time it is?” I asked, trying to distract myself.

“It is 7 o‘clock.”

That late.

“Was I asleep long?”

“I wouldn’t know, I woke up maybe just 30 minutes ago.” He said

“Oh, are you hungry?”

“I could go for some food.”

I nodded my head and looked at the arm out stretched grabbing the couch and then looked back at Xiumin. He must of understood because he retracted his arms. I slow stood up giving him time to move away, but he still hadn’t stepped back. He tilted his head back a little to look at me. His eyes were just as dark as they had been at the chief's house.

Then I realized how much space, or lack of it, between us. I quickly walked around him and headed to the kitchen. To keep myself from thinking about the emerald eyes that followed me, I opened the fridge and freezer; searching for our dinner.

“I really don’t cook much, so do you think frozen pizza will do?” I asked over my shoulder.

“That’s fine.” He said, followed by the sound of a chair scrapping against the floor.

I grabbed the box of pizza and shut the refrigerator doors. I skimmed over the directions and placed the box on the counter. I walked over to the oven and set it to the correct temperature. The oven started to count down, letting me know when the oven was ready for use.

I turned around and found Xiumin sitting on one of the chairs placed by the counter. He was looking down at his hands and I took this time to carefully observe him.

He wasn’t wearing his hoodie anymore; his hair was a deep brown that almost looked like it had a hint of red. His hair looked slightly damp as it lied against his forehead, he mostly likely took a shower. Eyelashes that kissed his silky cheeks when he blinked and plump pink lips.

The beeping of the oven snapped me back to reality. I quickly tore open the pizza box, placing the pizza in the oven and setting the timer.

I turned back around to see Xiumin was now observing me, causing me to squirm in my skin.

“Why are you so tense? Relax I’m not going to bite.” He said.

Why do I not believe him?

“We’re going to be living together for a week; we should at least get to know each other.” He said innocently.

“I guess you’re right.” There was no point int fighting the inevitable “What would you like to know?” I asked, knowing I had nothing to hide.

“Did you always want to be a cop?”

“Yes. Hearing how proudly my father sounded when he would tell us stories about his day, how he saved people, having gun fights, bringing kids home,” I smiled to myself. “I wanted to make him proud by carrying on his legacy after he retired.” I felt my smile fade. “What is it that you want to do?”

“I don’t really know. It seemed like when I was little I had everything figured out. What I would be, where I would live, who I would marry, but as I got older the world stopped being so simple. I somehow lost the path to what I want to do, I’m just walking in the dirt until I can find my way back to the road, you know.”

So he's not all lust this and kiss that. Maybe there is more to him.

“I hope you find your way back.”

“Me too, but until then I want to write a book on . It will be filled with phrases like 'Uuuhgh yeeaaaah' and 'Ooooh that's it,' and 'Whose hands are those?'” He said.

“What do you even know about ual ? Who even taught you about all of this?” I asked, feeling the blood coursing through my vein burn.

“Firstly, anyone who calls it 'ual ' can't possibly be interested in actually doing it. You might as well announce you're ready for lunch by proclaiming, 'I'd like to do some masticating and enzyme secreting.' ” He said. “Secondly, It was my uncle who taught me about the birds and the bees. He sat down one day and said 'Remember this, Xiumin, the birds the bees.' Then he told me he once banged a guy so hard his freckles came off.”

I just wanted to beat my head against the counter, so I could get rid of that image of my Chief. And also the fact the Xiumin had freckles, whether he was aware of that fact, I didn't know.

“Thank you for sharing, but I think we should move onto a different subject.”

“Okay, why wouldn’t you kiss me?”

“I made a promise to the chief that I wouldn’t touch you.”

Unless necessary.

“You shouldn’t make promises you know you can’t keep.” He sung.

“I will keep my promise.” I declared.

Or at least I’ll try.

“Fine since you’ve made a promise, I will too. I promise you that by the end of this week I will get you to kiss me.”

What is up with him and kissing? Am I some new toy he wants to play with?

“Didn't you just say it was wise not to make promises you can’t keep.” I said, throwing his words back at him.

“I know I can keep my promise. The real question is, can you?”

“Why do you want to kiss me so badly?” I asked slightly annoyed with myself because I on the verge of just kissing him to shut him up.

“I find you very attractive.”

“Do you kiss everyone that you find attractive?”

“Doesn’t everybody.” He said. “I find kissing to be a better way to tell who you’re dealing with. A brush of the lips tell me that he is very caring and gentle. Biting shows he is kind of rough. Just plunging in tongue first shows he is very confident and daring. I could go on but you get the picture.”

“You must have kissed a lot of guys to come up with that analysis.” I said, noting the hint of irritation to my voice, but had no clue why I would be upset.

“I’ve had my share of kisses. All I’m asking is for one kiss from you.”

A kiss, hmm.

I quickly turned around and opened the cabinet next to the fridge. I opened up the small bag and pulled out a foil wrapped chocolate. Closing the cabinet, I tossed the chocolate to him.

“There’s your kiss.”

He picked up the candy and looked at me, a smile spreading across his face. He laughed quietly to himself as he unwrapped the chocolate.

“A Kiss is a terrible name for a piece of chocolate shaped like a water droplet, because kisses are hot and would melt chocolate.” He said, placing the chocolate on his tongue while looking at me.

I swallowed and tried to my hardest not to seem interested in his mouth. I tried to keep eye contact with him, showing him I’m up for the challenge he laid on the table. But my eyes would quickly flicker from his mouth to his eyes; I knew I was slowly losing this battle.

The oven beeped and I quickly broke eye contact with him. As I grabbed the utensils to pull the pizza out I heard him laugh, and the sound of the chair scrapping against the floor. I tensed as I felt him stop closely behind me.

“You're a ticking time bomb. It’s only a matter of time before your clock runs out.” He whispered. “Tick. Tock.” His voice the faintest whisper against my ear.

Was I just a ticking time bomb?

“So where are the plates? I’m starving.” Xiumin said as if everything was normal.


And so the count down begins, but who will be the first to explode?

This is what I based Kyungsoo's house on. Link