i.

A Ray of Sunshine

 



 

This is for my bestfriend who stayed with me through my bests and my worsts.

Thank you for lightening my world.

 



 

Oe Sot.

 

 

fin.

 

For Sunggyu who talked to me during the first day of classes... Thank you.

For Sunggyu who shared his lunch with me when the bullies took mine... Thank you.

​For Sunggyu who stayed with me under the slide until the rain stopped... Thank you.

​For Sunggyu who took the load off my shoulders when the whole world fell on my back... Thank you.

For Sunggyu who became my most important friend... Thank you.

 

 

​For Sunggyu who got mad when I skipped classes... I'm sorry.

​For Sunggyu who was sad when I decided to leave home because of my alcoholic father... I'm sorry.

​For Sunggyu who punched me while asking me to come into my senses... I'm sorry.

​For Sunggyu who walked away from me, crying, when I told him I don't need his help... I'm sorry.

I don't mean the words I said... I'm sorry.

 

​For Sunggyu who smiled at me when I said sorry... Thank you for accepting me.

​For Sunggyu who tapped my back while saying everything is going to be alright... I hope you're right.

​For Sunggyu who cried with me when my mother died... Gomawo.

​For Sunggyu who was beside me when my father was arrested for killing my mother... Thank you for being with me.

Kim Sunggyu, the brother heaven forgot to give me, Kim Sunggyu.

 

For Sunggyu who was my best friend... I won't forget you.

For Sunggyu who saw through my father's plans... I won't forget you.

For Sunggyu who blocked the stab that was meant for me... I won't forget you.

For Sunggyu who asked if I was alright when he is the one bleeding to death... I won't forget you.

Sunggyu... Kim Sunggyu... I won't forget you.

 

I am happy now Sunggyu-ya. I have a family of my own.

I do not beat my wife just as I promised you.

I promise not to follow my father's steps just as what you told me.

I would be the father and the person that you dreamt to be.

I promise I would be happy Sunggyu... I promise.

 

It's just a waste you're not here with me Sunggyu-ya. I bet things would be brighter.

With me and my cute wife and you with your pale and pretty girl.

Our lives could have been perfect only if fate wasn't that cruel to us.

But you're watching over me right? Just like what you always did.

Watch over me Sunggyu, I promise I'll make you proud.

 

Everytime I see the sun, I remember you Sunggyu.

Why? Because you, and the sun, are exactly the same.

The sun brings light to the world after a whole night of darkness just as you brought light to me when

I was trapped inside the dark.

The sun hides beneath the clouds through the rain but I know that it is still there,

just like you whenever I face problems.

I asked for a flicker of light to GOD, you know what he gave me?

 

 

He gave me you.

My ray of sunshine.