Her Man

Her Man

                      

 

Seeing her growing up made me felt the attachment that clearly there between us. Since she’s a kid, I’ll be there, by her side always aiding and helping her through each step that she made. Being with her for her whole childhood brought out the protectiveness that even I didn’t know I once had, yet somehow I felt that I was in the wrong. Being the only girl in between me and her brother, she would never be ‘the girl’ I hoped, she would always be a boy despite her appearance and body frames, what more when her puberty kicked in and her body started to change. It was all her brother and I fault.

 

We would include her in all kinds of activities we had despite her age. And once she’d undergone the early-puberty stage, she was no longer needed to be invited yet she came all by herself. Wearing those baggy pants on her long, toned legs, with those oversized tee to cover up her perfect, small waist and curves, she was still a boy magnet. Blaming that to her easy going, bright personality, which made all boys and girls to fall in love and stay by her side, at all times. And blaming that to her beautiful smile and exotic appearance, everyone was more than eager to be with her, simply because being with Kwon Yuri there’s nothing that wasn’t fun.

 

But since the start-off of her twenties, she was finally a girl, a lady to be exact in whatever she did, her poise, elegant walking style, her shy, genuine smile, her bright, sparkling eyes, her dark, glowing skin, everything about her just screamed perfection. Still whenever she was with us, she’ll be the boy that she used to be, even with her tee and shorts or top and skinny, she was still ‘our boy’, our baby. And after 27 years, I never was foreseeing this to come this early, never once would this to come across my mind and thoughts over her concern, even though if you’re asking her mum, 27 was quite late of age to be married.

 

Months back, she came back to the house bringing along her company’s senior, Jung Yunho, together to have dinner. The way their eyes locked into each other while talking and teasing, the way their hands brushing against one another looking comfy and fit, and the way their words and acts synchronized to one another complimenting and decent for the whole scene of them being together. They were together, together for almost two years and within that those years, not once we’ll able to shut Yuri off on Yunho’s. She would story us everything, their dates, their bickering, their romance, their kisses and their heartbreaks, everything will she tell.

 

Maybe being a singer, being a dancer, being a personnel of SNSD, being the well-known ‘Black Pearl’, being the iest KPop idol, wasn’t always good when there will also be some consequences that I had to bear with whenever Kwon Yuri’s matters came upon. “Mum, Dad, oppas, I’m getting married,” and all I could do was sighing in response that brought almost everyone to chuckle and Jung Yunho to gulp in worry.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After the announcement, we’re all busy with the preparation. As one who came from the bride family, I’d never knew wedding would be this tiring, with all the dresses, make-ups, cakes, decorations and if in one normal family, the mother was the one whom busied the most yet in our family, everyone was busy, despite genders and ranks, because of her, because of the fact that she’s our baby, because of that she’s somehow the Kwon Yuri which everyone known of. Still, we’re trying to make the event much private as it could and should be, only with both families and acquaintances to be present and a small reception soon to be followed.

 

Their romance however didn’t always smooth and perfect. There were days when she came home crying over his acts, cursing on his bluntness, getting mad about his schedules, but I guessed those strengthened them much more, because if she’s upset and cold, Jung Yunho always knew how to tone them down and what to do or say just to make her back in his arms again. Damn that Jung freaking Yunho. And as much as her tears were coming out from her orbs, trailing down onto her cheeks, there were also some sweet little nothings that left her to be smiling, blushing, and daydreaming which ensure her that everything was worthy enough to be hung on.

 

Reasoning that she needed a man opinion upon this matter, she then forcefully dragging me to the boutique, only the two of us, which she never let go of my right as she hooked our fingers together that made me smiling sincerely seeing her behavior. She was indeed still my baby. “Oh, I chose pastel for Sooyoung and thank god, she loves it.” “Changmin is the best man, so I chose Sooyoung to be my maid of honors. She’ll be next after all.” “And I can’t believe that the girls are more excited than me upon this matter.” She talked almost on everything and nothing for me to hear while changing into varieties of dresses for me to choose from.

 

Done with the changing dresses, she snuggled on my side on the love seat, “So, which one would you like to see me in?” I hugged her shoulder before telling me the choices, “The second and the fifth, but maybe a bit more to the fifth,” which she soon chose the latter as she was also agreed with me. From there we walked to the mall with her stilled interlacing our fingers together, while hopping onto one boutique into another, searching over presents for the guess and gifts for us, the families. We concluded our day in a French restaurant, eating our early-dinner, before her rushing downtown for another photoshoot while me left to be home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

# i decided to cut this into two~ it's too long in my thought to be a whole full chap.. so click next ;))