You're the only one for me

Noona, you're pretty, and stop doubting me!

 

Days after that, Jeongmin and Soojin were getting closer each day. Soojin would come to Jeongmin’s bakery often and they both talked about Soojin projects till late. Wonyeon even teased Soojin about going out with Jeongmin soon but Soojin just always hissed and said that Jeongmin was just a kid. Deep down inside, Soojin was fighting with herself. Did she really?

 

2 weeks later…..

“JEONGMIN!!!” Soojin rushed to the bakery and threw her arms towards Jeongmin who was currently mopping the floor.

“Whoa whoa noona,” Jeongmin said, trying to stand steadily in the pavement. Soojin still hugged him tightly.

“Hey what happened? You seem so happy.”

“I got straight A for the project! KYAHHH!”

“FOR REAL?? OMO! Chuckhaee!!” Jeongmin replied.

“Yeah, thanks to you!” Soojin smiled happily and Jeongmin’s heart thumped even faster.

“Ya ya, we have to celebrate this. Up for some dinner?” Jeongmin asked, quite nervous that he might be rejected.

“Okay!”

“Yay! Now sit there and I can get you something. I have to mop again.”

“Sure, be a good boy and work!” Soojin patted his head and walked to find a seat to sit on.

Jeongmin just smiled and sighed. Deep down, he was a bit taken aback that Soojin still treated him like a kid.

Later, they decided to go to a fast-food restaurant to eat dinner, just because Soojin wanted that. Actually Jeongmin wanted to take her to a fancier one, since he thought that this could be counted as a date for him. But since his love interest wanted a burger, he couldn’t reject it.

“Noona,” Jeongmin spoke.

“Hmm?” Soojin said, a tiny bit of sauce on her lips.

“Aigoo, why you still seems like a kid? Here, there’s a sauce there,” Jeongmin took a tissue and helped her wiped the sauce. Soojin’s cheeks heating up.

“What do you want to say again?” Soojin finally replied.

“Noona, do you know the most important sign of people falling in love?”

“Ermmm….. molla~ what about it?”

“It’s that they’ll look into their partner eyes and show their love through it.”

“Is that true?” Soojin asked, quite amused.

“Yes. Just like what I’m currently doing,” he squeaked, but Soojin was able to hear it. She was quite surprised and looked at his eyes. It’s true, they sparkled looking at her, and she could kind of see what he feels.

“Noona, I…. I like you. I like you more than a friend,” Jeongmin took her hands and held them in his.

“Jeongmin..” Soojin was feeling a bit uncomfortable.

“I don’t care if you’re a noona, I want you to always be by my side.”

“Jeongmin, look. I like you too, okay? But not like this..” Soojin spoke and released her hands from his hands.

Jeongmin’s face started to frown. Next seconds, the moment seems awkward. Soojin couldn’t stand it anymore and decided to speak up, but Jeongmin’s voice stopped her.

“Are you…doubting me? Because I’m younger than you?”Jeongmin replied, a sad tone on his voice. He was looking at the table, not at Soojin anymore.

“Jeongmin, you’re like a brother to me, and you know it. I’m sorry, I have to go now,” Soojin spoke up and leave. Jeongmin didn’t even stop her. He felt so sad.

When Soojin was out of the restaurant, she glanced back at Jeongmin who was still frozen on his spot. A little voice in her head told her to get back to him, saying that it’s not true, saying that she loves him too, but she ignored it completely. Feeling a huge guilty inside, she walked away.

******

Soojin’s POV

‘I’m so sorry, Jeongmin.. you are nice..but I just couldn’t date a younger guy... I don’t believe them..’

Later, when I reached home, I dialed Wonyeon’s number and decided to tell her everything. I need someone to talk right now.

“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? YOU PABOYA!!” Wonyeon shouted over the phone. It’s a good thing she wasn’t actually near me, or else I’m quite sure that she’s gonna hit me hard.

“Whoa whoa, keep calm, I haven’t finished.”

“YAH SOOJIN. You know you LOVE him and why in the heck you said that to him?!”

“I don’t LOVE him! He’s just a brother and He’s YOUNGER than me!” I encountered back.

“Yah, don’t you feel it yourself that you always blushed at him saying you’re cute?” Wonyeon softened her tone, but still sounds annoyed.

‘Yeah it’s true, but….’

“Maybe, I was blushing. But it doesn’t mean that I’m in love with him! Maybe, MAYBE it’s just that I never had a guy who said that to me before and that’s why!”

“So, if Minwoo saying you’re cute you’re going to blush too?” She said and I froze again.

“No. But still…” I replied back.

“Soojin, I have no idea why you’re so against dating younger guys. I know we once said to each other that younger guy doesn’t have a manly side that we need in a boyfriend but you see for yourself younger guys isn’t always like that! He might be a little childish sometimes but aren’t all of guys always like that?”

“………”

“Soojin, think about it for yourself. Where in the heck you would find another guy like Jeongmin who will love you like that?” Wonyeon continued.

“………..”

“Ya, Park Soojin, are you still alive?”

“…. I’ll try to think about it. Thanks,” I finally replied and I could sense Wonyeon smiled at the other line.

“That’s my good girl. One more advise, doesn’t you have that in love project? Maybe you should open it again and see for yourself the signs of people falling in love. Who knows, it may fit you perfectly?”

“Arasso.”

“And if you still doesn’t get it, I’ll come with Minwoo and explain it to you anytime, from our point of views.”

“Yah, you’re only going to be mushy with him and left me!”

“Hahaha, mian.. whoa, I gotta go. Minwoo’s gonna be here in any minute,” She replied and I chuckled.

“See! That’s what I’m talking about! Haha, have fun, bye,” I said.

“Annyong~”

I sighed as soon as I hang up our call. Wonyeon’s words did lighten my mood a bit, but still, her last words haunting me.

“Where in the heck you would find another guy like Jeongmin who will love you like that?”

and his words, too.

“Are you…doubting me? Because I’m younger than you?”

I sighed, and feel guilty again. It even feels like there’s a heavy weight on my heart. I walked to my desk which facing the window and take a look at the project. The project that got a straight A because of Jeongmin’s help. I sighed again, and opened the document.

I skipped the introduction and all, and headed it to the conclusion.

Conclusion:

Signs of people falling in love.

1. You get butterflies on your stomach when you complimented by them.

2. You think to tell them first when you have some good news or bad news.

3. You feel relax and cozy with them. It seems like you’re safe on their arms.

4. You always only focused to them if you’re having conversation with them.

5. You can be yourself in front of them.

….

….

.…

etc.

I read and thought about every points that was written there. It’s true I have butterflies and blushed when he said I’m cute. It’s true that when I get that straight A, I ran to Jeongmin. Wonyeon wasn’t the one that I told first but him. I feel relax with Jeongmin. I barely turned my head from our conversation. I could be myself in front of him..

 

O______________________O

 

‘Am I really….fall for him?’

******

Jeongmin’s POV

“Jeongmin, you’re like a brother to me, and you know it.”

Those words from her are haunting me like crazy. Why noona, why? I’m serious. Does she doubting my age? Don’t I deserve her at all?

I walked to our dorm weakly. My body seems had lost all of its power. I feel that I can faint anytime. This is my first love, and my first heartbreak.

 

‘Why Soojin,, why? Why must I born 1 year younger than you? Why?’

 

I kept blaming myself that I didn’t realize I was on the dorm already. I open the door and looked around. Kwangmin, Youngmin, Minwoo, and Hyunseong looked at me quite worried. Maybe it’s because of my pale face.

“Hyung! Wae?” Kwangmin stood up from the couch and came over.

“Hyung, are you sick? Is it raining outside?” that’s Youngmin.

“Jeongmin ah, are you alright? Need some medicine?” Hyunseong.

“Hyung, what happened?” Minwoo.

“…..Guys…. Have you ever feel so deeply in love and the next day you feel like your heart is thorn into pieces?”

They all shut up hearing my replied.

“Spill that to us,” Minwoo finally said.

“Yeah, and that could make you feel better!” Kwangmin replied.

“Now go and take a shower first, and we’ll be ready to hear your story,” Hyunseong cooed and Youngmin nodded.

 

‘At least… I still have these idiot guys with me..’

 

When I opened the door from the bathroom, I could see all of them on the couch, each holding a chips with them, and looked at me like I’m kind of story teller.

“Ya ya! What’s with those chips? Seriously I just want a guy talk, not story telling!”

“No harm hyung, we can listen better if there’s snack with us,” Youngmin grinned. I sighed and started to tell them what happened today, from the moment she hugged me because she was so happy, until that rejection.

“So..you’re going to just give up?” Minwoo replied.

“You’re not even trying again hyung?” Kwangmin said.

“She doesn’t like me because I’m young! What can I do? I can’t change my age!”

“Hyung, you said it to us before. She’s just doubting you, not hating you,” Youngmin replied, I sighed.

“Look, I have no idea anymore.”

“Give her some time while you’re trying your own, show her that you can be a good boyfriend instead of your young age!” Hyunseong advised.

“Actually…. This happening to me and Wonyeon noona back ago too,” Minwoo replied casually.

……………….

“BWOH??????” All shouted and it made him startled.

“WHY DON’T YOU TELL THAT EARLIER YAH PABO!” Kwangmin said impatient, and Youngmin slightly smacked his head. I chuckled.

“Yah! I’m trying to say here! So hyung, all you need to do is show her your manliness! Try singing a song for her!” Minwoo said, smiling with his aegyo.

……………… *more silence*

“Are you out of your mind kiddo?!” this time, he got a smack from Hyunseong.

“I can’t believe Wonyeon noona choose you. She’s too good to deserve you,” Youngmin sighed, shook his head while glaring at Minwoo.

“Yah! What’s that mean! Look, it works on me and noona! So are you going to follow my advice or no?”

“….. I’m in,” I finally said, and Minwoo’s grin grew bigger.

“HYUNG!” the Youngkwang shouted, and Hyunseong’s jaw dropped.

“Well, it works on Wonyeon noona, why can’t I try it on Soojin noona then?” I shrugged and high-fived Minwoo.

******

Author’s POV

Days passed, and both Soojin and Jeongmin hadn’t been in contact. Soojin thought that Jeongmin already hated her, and moving on. To be honest, she was kind of upset. She’s slowly realizing that she loved him, and that she was lonely without him, and that she wanted him to chase her and prove it to her. Little did she know, that Jeongmin was doing that for her.

“Soojin! Hello? Anybody’s home??” Wonyeon shook her hand in front of Soojin’s face to wake her up from her trance.

“Huh? Oh, what is it?”

“You’re missing Jeongmin again right? I told you before,” Wonyeon replied and Soojin sighed. She mouthed a ‘yeah’ and Wonyeon patted her back softly

They were hanging out in a coffee shop when Minwoo worked, and since the time Soojin entered the shop, she’s been looking outside to the park, hoping that she would see Jeongmin playing skateboard, but he’s nowhere to be found.

“Anyway Soojin, Seoul Music High School’s prom is in a week time! Why don’t we come and have some fun?” Wonyeon spoke up.

“What? But we’re not invited, are we?”

“Oh! About that, no worries noona. Actually me and hyungs are going to perform on that event and they gave us extra invitation,” Minwoo butted in and smiled while still holding his shaker.

“But…. Isn’t it embarrassing to come?”

“Wae?” Wonyeon asked.

“Oh come on noona, I need Wonyeon noona to come with me as my date and she doesn’t want to go if noona doesn’t go! So, pleaseeeeeeeee??????” Minwoo begged and showing us his puppy dog eyes.

“Arasso arasso,” Soojin finally said

“Yayy! Assa,” Minwoo smiled and back to work.

“Whoa, those puppy eyes are dangerous,” Soojin mumbled, and Wonyeon laughed.

“You should try it with him and YoungKwang’s puppy dog eyes. They are MORE dangerous than this,” Wonyeon replied, and then the two girls chatted happily.

*****

Prom Night…

 “Yah Park Soojin, are you done yet?” Wonyeon asked while sitting on Soojin’s bed.

“Hold on. I’m just spraying the perfume!”

“Haha arasso, make yourself looks pretty for Jeongmin~”

“Wonyeon!” Soojin shut her up but her friend just laughed.

Not long after that, Minwoo came with his car to Soojin’s house. Both of them hop in and drove off to the place where the prom’s held. When they arrive, Minwoo let the two girls entered first and then he excused himself for a moment to find his hyungs.

The prom was mostly look like a disco club, and that’s a good thing that both of the girls wore mini dresses. Or else, it wouldn’t match the prom theme. At first they both sitting on the corner, waiting for those boys to come around, but they didn’t see them.

“Aigooo, where’s Minwoo? The DJ seems going to play a song soon, but he’s nowhere to be found!” Wonyeon pouted.

“I can’t see Jeongmin either,” Soojin replied.

“Ey, admitting that finally?”

“Admitting what?”

“That you love him,” Wonyeon grinned and Soojin blushed. Although it was dark, Wonyeon could see it.

“No worries my friend, I’m sure he still likes you,” Wonyeon replied.

“I hope so..”

The two girls were chatting when suddenly a particular boy came up. Soojin thought it was Jeongmin so she was jolted in her seat but then it was Minwoo. That boy came, smiling to his girlfriend and then kneeling in front of her.

“Minwoo?”

“Would you mind dance with me, my beautiful noona?” He asked, offering his hand just like a prince.

“Sure,” Wonyeon smiled and then place her hand on his hand, and the two glided to the dance floor. Wonyeon glanced a bit at Soojin and mouthed a sorry, and Soojin just smiled, told them to go and have some fun.

“I hope everything will turn out well for her and Jeongmin,” Wonyeon said to Minwoo.

“Everything will be alright. Jeongmin hyung will try his best. Now, why don’t you forget them for a moment and focused on me instead? You look beautiful tonight anyway,” Minwoo said. Wonyeon blushed.

“Thanks, you too.”

******

After some songs being played, Soojin started to feel bore. She couldn’t find Jeongmin although she had looked at every corner of the room. Sighing, she walked to the dance floor herself to have some fun.

The DJ was currently playing a techno song and she swayed her body, following the beats. It’s been quite long time since she’s dancing like this, and she’s enjoying it. Soon enough, a guy approached her and danced with her. She looked at the guy and was surprised to see that it was Donghyun, her classmate at college.

“Donghyun? What are you doing here?”

“It’s my sister’s prom and she’s too afraid to come alone so I accompany her. What about you Soojin?”

“It’s my friend’s graduation, so I’m coming.”

“I see. Can we dance together?”

“Yeah sure.” Soojin nodded and they both continued dancing.

But something doesn’t seem right. Donghyun kept pushing his body towards her and she started to feel uncomfortable. He placed his hands on her shoulder and she knew something’s wrong. She tried to let go but Donghyun’s grip was too strong. He then made his way to touch Soojin’s thigh and this made her yelp. She shouted ‘help’ but since the music was so loud nobody could hear her. She tried pushing away and feel so scared when suddenly…

“YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO SOOJIN NOONA?!” a familiar voice was heard and the next second, Donghyun was already thrown at the floor.

“You jerk, who are you huh?!” Donghyun said while wiping away a blood from the corner of his lips.

“I should be the one that ask that to you! What are you trying to do to her ?!” Jeongmin was about to punch Donghyun again but Soojin held his arms.

“Stop Jeongmin, don’t get yourself into trouble,” she said.

Some people were already crowding them and looked at each other, wondering what’s wrong with those two guys fighting over one girl.

“I WARNED YOU. IF YOU DARE TO TOUCH HER AGAIN, EVEN JUST HER HAIR, I SWEAR I’LL KILL YOU,” Jeongmin said while pointing at Donghyun and grabbed Soojin’s hand, walked away from that place.

He took her outside the ballroom and he wasn’t stopped walking until Soojin spoke up.

“Jeo..jeongmin ah, you can let go of my hand now,” Soojin squeaked. Jeongmin heard it and let it go. He faced Soojin and he seems a little bit pissed off by what just happen.

“Are you alright? What were you doing with that freak guy?!” Jeongmin came closer and wanted to check her if she’s alright but suddenly he held his hands back.

“I’m sorry, I’m just not in the mood. It’s good you’re safe. I better go noona,” he said, turning his head and was about to walk away, but Soojin stopped him.

“Wait!! Jeongmin, listen to me first. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you by saying those things that day, I was just…” she was cut off when suddenly Jeongmin pressed his lips against hers. Soojin was surprised, but slowly she closed her eyes.

After a few moments, they broke off, wanting to get some air.

“Noona…..you’re still doubting me?” Jeongmin said.

“Not at all,” Soojin smiled shyly, not daring to look at the guy in front of her. Jeongmin’s smile got wider and he hugged her tightly.

“So! Will you be my girlfriend?” Jeongmin asked and Soojin just nodded her head. He was overjoyed and hugged her more tightly.

“I love you Soojin noona, I really do.”

“And I love you too. Thanks for saving me,” Soojin replied in the smallest voice but Jeongmin could hear it. He ruffled her hair happily.

“Wait for my performance yeah? Be sure to watch it!”

“Okay!”

******

“Good evening ladies and gentleman! Sorry about the fuss earlier, but it’s near the of the night! Now, please welcome! Boyfriend crew!” The MC said excitedly. Soon enough, Hyunseong, Jeongmin, Minwoo, Youngmin, and Kwangmin came to the stage.

“Good evening. We’re going to present this song to all of you who come here tonight, and especially, for 2 noonas that me and Minwoo treasure so much,” Jeongmin smirked and got ready on their position. Minwoo even slipped a wink before, turning some of the girls crazy, but only 2 girls know that it was for Wonyeon.

Soon enough, the music of SHINee’s Replay started to play. The boys started to sing and dance to that song.

Noona neomu yeppeoseo
Namjadeuri gaman an dwo
Heundeulrineun geunyeoye mam
Sashil algo isseo~

“Hey Soojin, congratulations for you and Jeongmin,” Wonyeon whispered to her friend and smiled.

“Thanks. And thank you for making my mind up straight.”

Noona neomu yeppeo
(geu geunyeoreul boneun naneun) Michyeo
(ha hajiman ijaen jichyeo)
Replay Replay Replay

“So anyway, younger guys are not that bad, yeah?” Wonyeon chuckled.

“Indeed. Now look at that. We better get ready,” Soojin replied and looked at Minwoo and Jeongmin who came closer to them, still singing and dancing to the song. A bouquet of pink roses on Minwoo’s hand and a bouquet of yellow roses on Jeongmin’s hand.

The two girls chuckled, and stood up from where they were sitting, walked to welcome their boyfriends.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The end

 

 

IT'S THE END ALREADY!!! hahaha XD hope you guys enjoy it, and don't forget to comment ^^
anyway, sorry for making Donghyun as a bad guy here, i LOVE HIM a lot
but since i've heard he was a jjang ( gangster ) on his high school days back ago, i decided to make him a bit bad..
he's UBERLY CUTE nowadays anyway <3