The beginning

Noona, you're pretty, and stop doubting me!

 

Soojin’s POV

‘OMG OMG OMG !!’

 

I walked in such a hurry to a coffee shop where me and my bestfriend, Wonyeon promise to meet up. Finally I can meet her again! It’s been a couple months we haven’t met and hung out each other, since we were so busy with college’s stuffs. Yeah, too bad she’s not in the same college as mine. Her university is kind of far since it’s on our city’s tourism spot –Yes she’s having that hospitality degree- while me in a nearer college where I took the psychology degree.

But, to be honest, I wonder why she has a sudden interest of meeting me in a coffee shop. Usually, she would ask me to accompany her to shopping centers, but this time.. it makes me wonder..

“GODDAMNIT I’M GONNA LATE!” I shrieked as I saw my watch and ran even faster. You know how Wonyeon is if we’re late. She would start another speech and I certainly didn’t want it.

I quickened my pace and before I knew it, I was already in a park near the coffee shop. I walked past through some families with their children, and I could see some teens skateboarding on one side of the park.

 

‘Whoa, so cool!’ I thought while seeing those teens with their skateboard.

 

Suddenly, they seem like noticing that I stared at them. Those teens gathered around for a moment and then one of them started to walk to my direction.

 

‘WTH? Am I going to be bullied by them just because I stare at them??’

 

With the scary thought, I quickened my pace more but that guy used his skateboard and stopped his skateboard in front of me.

“KYAH!” I shrieked in surprise and scare.

“Calm down, err.. noona? Are you older than me? I won’t bite,” the guy said, showing me his smile.

“Well maybe. I’m 93liner. How about you?”

“I’m 94liner! So you’re really a noona. Well, I just want to ask your name, that’s all,” the guy replied, grinning even more.

“Excused me? I’m not going to tell it to a stranger,” I said, crossing arms in front of my chest. Ok, I know I seem a bit rude, but I’m not really in a mood to be flirted by a guy who is younger than me while I have to run to see Wonyeon.

“Hey calm down, I’m not a stranger. I’m Jeongmin, Lee Jeongmin,” he said, offering his hand. Not wanting to be ruder than this, I replied his shake hand.

“I’m Park Soojin. Look, kid, I’m on a hurry right now, so I better run, okay?”

“Well, ok! Nice to meet you noona!“ he shouted as I went away. Lol. What an innocent kid.

I finally arrive at the coffee shop. I opened the glass door and saw Wonyeon on the bar side, chatting with a guy, and giggling each other.

“Wonyeon!” I said in ecstatic tone. She turned her head to me and shrieked.

“OMG Soojin such a long timeeeeee!!” she came to me and hug me for a moment. We were overjoyed.

“So! Any good news?” I started the convo while waiting for the barista to turn around so I could order something.

“Actually yes, I want you to meet someone,” she said happily. Soon after that, the barista turned around and walked closer. Hey he’s the guy Wonyeon was talking to a moment ago.

“Soojin, this is Minwoo, my boyfriend,” Wonyeon introduced. And I gasped.

“You have a boyfriend??  Ya! Why not telling me!”

“Mianhae, I thought you were, busy?”

“Hey Soojin noona, I’m No Minwoo, “ they guy smiled and offered his hand. Wow, he got a sweet smile. No wonder Wonyeon falls for him.

“I’m Soojin. And why you’re calling me noona? Are you younger than me?”

“Yep, I’m 2 years younger than both of you,” the boy replied, and I gasped once more.

I looked at Wonyeon and giving her the Oh-no-you-said-you-never-dating-a-younger-guy look but Wonyeon just smiled and sipped her moccachino.

 

‘This girl..’

 

“So! You want to order something noona?” Minwoo asked.

“One caramel latte please,” I said

“Okay!” he walked back to make my order. He’s a pretty nice guy, but still, it’s hard to believe he and Wonyeon were together.

Soon after he left I started to attack my friend with questions.

“Wonyeon. Tell me. Why you’re with him? When did you guys met and how in the heck you two together, and most importantly since when.”

“Whoa calm down dear. I’ll answer one by one. Why you said? You still think I love that Kikwang guy? Oh, He just so yesterday. Waiting for him isn’t worth it.”

“Ok. But he was everything to you.”

“Yep, and he doesn’t deserve me. Next question, I met Minwoo when I’m doing my internships on the bakery. He came, tasted my cake, he said it was nice, and it’s the start,” Wonyeon replied.

“Ok, I’m swallowing that. And the last one?”

“Well it’s just naturally happens. I feel kind of bad that before I always talked about Kikwang problems to him. But I’m glad I finally find someone who loves me the way I am. It’s just been a month though,” Wonyeon answered.

“Awww,, so sweet. Now what. I’m the only one who stays single,” I scoffed.

“You won’t. Don’t you meet any prince charming on college?”

“They are all just dorks in muscles,” I replied, and Wonyeon laughed.

“Maybe you should try a younger one, Soojin.”

“No way.”

“Why? Stop putting that stereotype on younger guys! See? It’s working on me and Minwoo!”

“Nu-uh. Still no. Oh! Speaking of younger guys, I just met one……”

The day went off by chatting with Wonyeon and Minwoo. We stayed there until Minwoo’s shift time finished, and we walked to my house since Wonyeon wanted a sleepover. Oh no, Minwoo’s not invited LOL. He just walked his girlfriend home.

*****

2 days later…

“Okay class! This time, I’m handing you an individual assignment. Pick a number here and I shall tell you what topic you’re going to do. And I hope to have a nice papers from you guys in 2 weeks time,” the teacher said and most of the students growled.

 

‘Not again’ I thought.

 

I just simply hate a paper assignment from this teacher since he would ripped it off just like that if he doesn’t feel satisfied.

“Ms. Park Soojin!”

I heard my name being called, and I lazily walked to the front. I picked number ‘3’. I just hope luck is with me.

“Okay Ms. Park, this is your topic,” the teacher said and handed me a piece of paper. I read it quickly.

 

‘Signs of people falling in love’

 

WTH? Is it even make sense for this to become a topic???

“I expect a good paper from you Ms. Park.”

“Nde, songsaenim,” I said, and lowed my head in defeat.

Good. Just good. I never had a boyfriend, and now I must write a paper about signs of people falling in love. Who am I supposed to interview?

“Hey Soojin, what topic you got?” one of my classmates, Donghyun suddenly spoke up.

“Oh, Donghyun-shi. It’s this,” I showed him the paper and he smiled.

“It’s kind of tough, good luck!” he said and patted my back.

“Thanks.”

“Your welcome.”

Suddenly I felt my phone vibrated, signaling there’s a text message.

From: Wonyeon

Hey Soojin! Are you free today? Imma picking you up after college since I just happen to have a time, and we NEED to go somewhere. Arasso? :DDDDD

I smiled, and replied her

From: Soojin

Okay! I have an assignment but it’s still 2 weeks time. I need some refreshment again keke , I’m up! But where we’re going?

Soon later, another message received.

From: Wonyeon

Just follow me. It’s not a bad place :D Ok, see you then!

 

After College ends..

I walked to a parking lot. Wonyeon just said that she waited on her car. When I found her car, I opened the door and sat on the passenger seat.

“You seems so happy today,” I said.

“Well yes! Now come on, I need to come to that place.”

“Where to?”

“You’ll see, “ Wonyeon smirked and drove off.

****

“Wonyeon, a dance studio?” I asked, and she nodded happily. We parked the car and got off. Then Wonyeon picked something from the back seat.

“You have a sudden mood in dancing again?” I chuckled.

“Nooooo~ I’m here, to bring this,” she finally locked the car and showed me a box of cake.

“Whoaa, it seems delicious! Let me guess, it’s for Minwoo?”

“Yep. He’s been practicing with his dance crew in this studio, and I bet they need some break haha, he doesn’t know I’m here anyway,” Wonyeon replied happily.

“That guy dance too? No wonder, he just so your type, ey?” I smirked when I saw my friend blushed. LOL. What the, this is so not Wonyeon.

“We better enter right now.”

“Ok!”

As I walked along the corridor of the building, lots of music was heard. Wonyeon led the way, and soon she stopped in front of one door. I could hear ‘Lovestoned’ by Justin Timberlake from the inside.

Wonyeon opened the door, and searched for her boyfriend. We could see Minwoo standing in the middle front, 2 guys who seems to be twins behind him, and 2 more guys at the back –which one of them seems familiar-, forming a triangle structure. I swear, it’s not that innocent Minwoo I met yesterday, he seems so different and I know my friend was captivated.

“That’s why I no longer doubted him for his young age. Look at him. He’s a man while dancing,” Wonyeon mumbled and I just chuckled.

“Love-strucking, Young Wonyeon?” I elbowed her.

“Ya~ stop teasing,” she pouted and I laughed. Soon enough the music stopped.

“Noona! You’re coming?” Minwoo greeted and we smiled.

“Yep, here’s a cake for you,” Wonyeon handed it to him and he grinned happily.

“Gomawo,” he kissed her in the cheek.

 

‘Damn. They got mushy in front of me’ -____-

 

“Hey Minwoo, is this Wonyeon noona?” one of the twins asked while walking to our direction.

“Yep. And besides her is her friend, Soojin noona. Guys, this is Kwangmin, and that one, who’s blonde right there, is his twin brother, Youngmin.”

“Annyeong, I’m Jo Kwangmin.”

 “And I’m Jo Youngmin.”

Whoa, these guys are so identitical. I might not differentiate them if Youngmin’s hair wasn’t blonde.

“Annyong, I’m Wonyeon.”

“And I’m Soojin, Park Soojin, “ I smiled.

“Park Soojin? Soojin Noona?” suddenly the other 2 guys approached us and one of them came near me.

“You’re Soojin Noona! Still remember me?” the guy smiled, and I examined his face a bit.

“The Skateboard guy?”

“Yep, it’s me! Whoa noona, you seems prettier each day,” they guy replied and I could feel my cheeks heating up.

 

‘Why in the heck am I blushing?’

 

“Hyung, you know each other?” Minwoo was surprised too.

“Well I met her 2 days ago while I was skateboarding! Oh and btw, I’m Lee Jeongmin,” he said and smiled to Wonyeon.

“Nice to meet you,” I heard Wonyeon said.

“Oh and this is Hyunseong hyung, he’s a bit quiet though,” Minwoo said and introduced the last guy, who just smiled seeing us. Well maybe he is that quiet.

“So! Why don’t you guys take a break for a while and have that cake?” Wonyeon broke the silence.

“What? But noona I thought it only for me,” Minwoo whined.

“Noooo, share with them. You can still eat loads every time,” she said as she pinched his cheek.

“OK! Wonyeon, Minwoo just stay right there and being all mushy while I’m eating this cake with the boys!” I grabbed the cake from Minwoo’s hand and ran to the corner of the room with the others.

“Hey Soojin wait up!” Wonyeon said.

*****

Jeongmin’s POV

‘I can’t believe it that I actually have a chance to meet her again! She’s just so cute. So she’s a friend of Minwoo’s girlfriend.. ‘

 

 “Soojin noona,” I started. She seems still busy slicing the cake.

“Yes?” she answered without looking. I chuckled.

“Here let me help you,” I took the knife from her hand, slicing the cake, and gave her the first slice.

“OH HO! Jeongmin hyung try hitting on Soojin noona~~~” Kwangmin squeaked. I glared at him.

“And they’re going to be together soooooonnnn~~~~” her older brother, Youngmin continued.

 

‘This twins, is still as annoying as they always be.’

 

I glanced back to Soojin noona and she seems uncomfortable with Kwangmin and Youngmin’s teasing.

“I’m sorry noona, those guys are always like that.”

“It’s alright,” she smiled a bit.

“So, you’re on the same campus with Wonyeon noona?” I asked, really trying to start a real convo now.

“No, I’m in nearer campus. I’m attending Yonsei University.”

“Oh I know that one! What major are you taking?”

“Psychology. How about you?” she asked back.

“I’m on my last year in Seoul Music High School. You see, I’m in one school with all of these kids.”

“I see,” she nodded.

“Anyway, noona, what were you doing back then when we met? I’m quite sure it’s kind of far from your campus,” I asked. Just because of curiosity.

“Oh, I was in a hurry to meet Wonyeon on a coffee shop where Minwoo having his part-time,” she replied and I gave her the Oh look. She chuckled.

“And you? You usually playing skateboards?”

“Not really, just playing it when I have a spare time,” and we both nodded. Ok, it seems awkward.

“So! You guys are on a music school, right?” suddenly she spoke up again.

“What about it?” Youngmin asked.

“You want to pursue a career in music after graduates?”

“Ermmm, actually we want to try for Starship entertainment audition this year, but we must wait until Jeongmin and Hyunseong hyung ‘s graduation, since they’re so busy with exams,” Kwangmin replied.

“Whoa, you guys are going to be a celebrity if you accepted,” she replied, excited.

“Indeed,” I heard Hyunseong said.

“Well then, goodluck you all,” Soojin noona smiled and resume eating her cakes.

I swear that’s the sweetest smile I ever see from a girl. How I wish I could see that smile everyday…

After eating cakes and chatted more for a while, we resume the dance practice, and not long after that, both Wonyeon and Soojin noona excused themselves to go home.

 

‘I hope we meet again soon, Soojin noona…’

******

Author’s POV

“Welcome!” the waitress said while opening the door. Soojin entered and sat on one of the seats.

It’s been a few days since that day and she’s still in charge of her paper project. To complete the paper, she had to ask from different point of views. So far, she had interviewed her parents –which didn’t quite work-, and elementary kids –which also gave ridiculous answers-.

She sighed while looking at the document, and she just hope to meet a person to be interviewed today.

“Can I get you something miss?”  Asked the waiter while waiting for Soojin who was now looking at the book menu.

“Yes, please I want a slice of tiramisu----- Jeongmin?” Soojin gasped at the sight of that particular guy in front of her.

“Soojin noona? What brought you here?” Jeongmin said, excited.

“Just trying to find a space to do this work, how about you?”

“Actually, my parents run this bakery, so yeah I’m helping them. Anyway, one tiramisu, that is? Any others? Or maybe drinks?” Jeongmin said professionally as he noted Soojin’s order. Soojin just shook her head, and soon later Jeongmin excused himself from her table.

Not long after that, Jeongmin came back bringing Soojin’s order. They both smiled at each other, and Jeongmin asked her if he could sit with her since it’s his break time. Surely enough, Soojin let him.

“Gomawo noona. You seem busy with your work. Can I see that?” Jeongmin pointed at Soojin’s paper.

“Sure. So this is a paper for my project. I have to hand it to the teacher in 10 days. But I still don’t understand if it’s good enough. You know, it’s because I never actually fall so deeply in love,” Soojin started to blabber. Jeongmin chuckled.

“What?”

“No, noona, you’re just so cute. I’m glad that you can talk much with me,” Jeongmin replied and Soojin blushed a bit. She cursed under her breath to herself that why must she blushed again.

“Anyway, I think I can help you with this. You see that guy who wears glasses over there? He ‘s our loyal costumer, and several days ago he started to say something about a girl he met in his work place to me,” Jeongmin pointed at the guy who sat in the corner and currently sipping his expresso.

“Okay.. but aren’t I going to be annoying if I just come there and ask him?” Soojin asked, kind of afraid.

“No worries noona, I’ll accompany you, come on!” Jeongmin grabbed her hand and led her towards the guy’s direction. Soojin gasped a bit at the sudden skinship but she didn’t let go. Actually, she was quite happy with it.

As expected, that guy was nice enough to be interviewed. While Soojin interviewing him, Jeongmin continued his work. After the interview was finished, Soojin was about to go home, but Jeongmin offered to walk her home. His shift was going to end in 30minutes so Soojin decided to wait for him.

This time, when they walked together, the atmosphere weren’t that awkward. They chatted, and even made fun jokes with each other. When they were crossing the street, they saw a grandmother and a granfather walked hands in hands.

“Aww, look at them Jeongmin! It’s so cute!”

“Haha yes, their love grows with their ages,” Jeongmin replied, and Soojin stared at him.

“What noona? You’re making me nervous!” Jeongmin grinned cheekily and Soojin smacked his head.

“Pabo. I’m just quite surprised you can say something like that, kiddo.”

“Ya ya ya, I’m just ONE year younger than you,” Jeongmin emphasized the word ‘One’ and smirked.

“Tsk,” Soojin scoffed, and this made Jeongmin laughed.

“Hahaha, as I said, you’re so cute. Why don’t we interview them then?”

“Huh? But, Jeongmin!” Soojin was going to stop him but he already stood in front of the happy old couple.

“Ahjumma, Ahjusshi, can you help me? My girlfriend there need some help with her school work, and only you two can help it!”

“What is it about, young boy?” the Ahjumma chuckled.

“Her project is about sign of people falling in love, would you mind if we interview you for a moment?” Jeongmin asked while trying his puppy eyes. Soojin just chuckled at the scene in front of her. His puppy eyes were EPIC FAIL.

 

*no Soojin didn’t hear that Jeongmin said that she was his girlfriend xD*

 

“Haha, okay then,” the Ahjusshi thought for a moment and then nodded.

After they done with the interview, they excused themselves from the couple to leave home. But, the ahjumma stopped them.

“You two make a really good couple, hope you will always be together until old like us.”

“A..Ahjumma, aniyoo,” Soojin blushed, and Jeongmin just grinned lightly.

 

to be continued >>