Sentiments II

Oneshots and Whatnots

 

“You still keep those?”

 

“Duh. How can I throw these away? Today is the exact date, ten years ago, that we knew our feelings were reciprocated after all, all because of these. They’re perfect reminders of our stupidity you know.”

 

The girl bending at the back of the female who is flopped comfortably on the couch while reading two antiquated letters on hand, scoffed in disbelief.

 

“Says the only stupid here!”

 

The seated girl immediately turned her head around and pouted dramatically, to which the other just rolled her eyes in return before climbing through the cushion to land her beside the pouting girl.

 

“Stop being all pouty or else I won’t be cooking you any dinner.”

 

The boyish girl instantly turned her pout into a grin, placed her free arm around the other’s waist, and sniffed the younger’s neck affectionately.

 

“How can you manage to still smell so nice after a long day at work princess?”

 

Krystal tried her best not to smile at the compliment, and the title. Though she had been regarded by her partner as royalty countless of times, she still can’t help but feel elated every single time Amber calls her ‘princess”.

 

“Princess?”

 

Krystal chuckled to herself.

 

“Because I’m not like you, smelly.”

 

“But I’m not smelly.”

 

“You ARE smelly.”

 

“Am not!”

 

“Are too!”

 

“AM NOT!”

 

“ARE TOO!”

 

“--------”

 

“--------”

 

“Fine. I’ll go take a shower then.”

 

Before the tomboy stood up though, the younger girl grabbed her wrist to make her sit back down and wrapped both her arms at the back of the older girl’s neck.

 

“I was just kidding Am. You always smell good to me too, even when you’re all sweaty.” The dark-haired girl uttered between giggles.

 

“Really?” Amber asked with a toothy grin.

 

“R-E-A-L-L-Y. Really.” Krystal answered before planting a quick peck on the other’s lips, which made the tomboy smile stupidly.

 

After a few seconds of staring at each other’s orbs and before Amber can lean in enough for a longer kiss, Krystal pulled away and grabbed the two letters from the tomboy’s hands.

 

“You know what; you were really the stupid one Amber. You were trying to stay anonymous but you gave out a clue about who you are in this letter.” Krystal said.

 

“Woah? What part?”

 

For I am not a man.” Krystal read out loud. “You didn’t say ‘the’ or ‘that’ man, you said ‘a’ man, so it was extremely obvious that you’re a girl.”

 

“So? There are lots of girls in the university. How can you tell?” Amber scoffed.

 

Krystal clicked her tongue disapprovingly.

 

“It was still damn obvious, believe me. Who else would be stupid enough to carelessly give out a clue or even MINDLESSLY put this in my locker when you’re hell-bent on keeping your anonymity?”

 

“Since you were hoping and praying the whole time that it’s me, right? That’s why you knew so easily.” Amber wriggled her eyebrows and pinched the younger girl’s nose.

 

“Yah!” Krystal swatted her hand away and stuck her tongue out. “Doesn’t change the fact that you’re stupid.”

 

“HA! If I’m stupid, then you are too. For letting me borrow your book without making sure that there aren’t any private notes stuck within its pages.” Amber snatched the smaller paper from Krystal’s fist and waved it in front of the latter’s face teasingly.

 

Krystal’s mouth hung open in remembrance, frantically searching her mind for a witty retort but in vain.

 

“Haha. Cat got your tongue, princess?”

 

Krystal puffed her cheeks and contemplated well before saying, “That was exactly my intention though, you know. So you might somehow read it and take the hint.”

 

Amber couldn’t believe what she just heard.

 

“What? So you’re saying that you really placed it there for me to discover?”

 

Krystal released a long-drawn sigh before replying,

 

“I was tired of assumptions, Amber. It worked, didn’t it? You approached me right after classes and told me how you really feel. That it was really you. You don’t know how you made me feel like the happiest girl in the world when I heard those words from you. That had been a thousand times better than reading those notes in my locker and assuming they’re from you.”

 

Krystal said earnestly without breaking eye contact with the older girl. Amber felt her cheeks flush with heat, her stomach taken over by butterflies, and her heart filled to the brim yet feeling light as a feather.

 

“Then I guess I have to thank you then, Krys. And I’m sorry, again, for being such a coward back then. I’m the luckiest person in the world to have you feel the same way as I do. I was tired of being just anonymous too. But now we get to know each other for a lifetime. I love you so much, Krystal Jung.”

 

Amber held Krystal close for a warm embrace. The latter placed her head at the crook of her neck and mumbled silently, but loud enough for the former to hear,

 

“I love you too, Amber Josephine Liu. More than you’ll ever know.”

 

For the next minutes no more words needed to be said as the two took each other’s breaths away with their lips.

 

But it didn’t go further than that as the shrill cry of a child brought them back to their senses.

 

 “MOMS I’M HOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

 

Amber groaned. Krystal sighed.

 

They looked at each other and chuckled.

 

“Eunjungieeeeeeeeeeeeeee!” They both exclaimed with arms wide open.

 

Their daughter merrily ran towards them and planted a wet peck on both their cheeks before running to her room to change from her school uniform.

 

“I guess I’ll have to make dinner now.” Krystal muttered to herself.

 

Amber looked at her with puppy eyes.

 

“You wouldn’t want your wife and your daughter to starve, would you?”

 

Krystal scoffed loudly before dragging herself out of her comfortable position in the couch.

 

“On second thought, let’s just eat dinner outside, shall we, princess?”

 

Krystal’s face instantly lit up. She threw her arms around Amber’s shoulders and planted kisses all over the girl’s face, which made the latter giggle uncontrollably.

 

-

-

-

Stupidities can indeed be the wisest opportunities in disguise.

To all the ‘Anonymous’ out there, make yourself known. If it gives you a shot at happiness, then it’s worth the exposure. Don’t be afraid to let the other person know what’s in your heart. Chances are not without limits.

You’ll never know, maybe the other person is just waiting for you to make the move. So if you don’t, well, you’ll probably end up from anonymity to obscurity down towards oblivion.

Take a chance just so you won’t regret anything.

 

~.~

Hey everyone I am BAAAAAAACKKKKKKKK!

In a few days, Imma update my long fic too. So stay tuned. ^_^