Escapade

An Adventure to be Forgotten

 

Escapade

One month has passed.  When I went to Canada, I packed everything I thought I would need in Korea.  It was pretty much just a bunch of clothes and food. 

I spent my last week in North America with my friend.  Truthfully, it was amazing, but I couldn’t stop thinking of my audition.  If I don’t pass, then I ran away from home for no reason and I’d pretty much be stuck in Korea.  Not that I minded that too much.  It’s just that I wouldn’t have a place to live and I’m not sure how far my limited amount of money would stretch.

It was finally the day of my flight.  The first thing I did was purchase a ticket to Seoul.  I went through all the security checkpoints and luggage drop-offs set off to find my gate. 

My timing was impeccable.  Business class was already boarding the plane.  Soon enough, the announcer called economy class.

I found my seat quickly enough.  There was a Korean girl sitting next to the window about my age.  I guess that’s to be expected on a flight to Seoul.

“Hello.  What’s your name?” I asked her.

“Marie.  Yours?” she responded.

The name rang a bell in my head, but I chose to ignore it.

“I’m Katie.  You’re traveling alone, right?” I questioned further.  After all, I was curious about the person I’d be sitting with for almost 16 hours.

“Yeah, I am.  You too?” she assumed.

“Yeah.  I have an audition in Korea and my parents weren’t willing to let me go with permission,” I revealed.

“You’re going without permission?!” she exclaimed.

“I didn’t really have a choice.  It was either run away without permission or never achieve my dreams.  I obviously chose the former,” I sheepishly smiled and laughed at her awe-stricken complexion. 

“What if you don’t make the cut?  Will you live on the streets then?” she worriedly asked as the plane lifted off.

“Somehow I don’t really have a problem with that.  I might actually do that to save money for food,” I thoughtfully replied.

“You’re auditioning for Pledis, right?” she wondered.

“Yeah.  I’m assuming you are too since you asked,” I told her.

“I sure am.  I hope we both make it.  You seem intriguing,” she said.

“That doesn’t even cover half of it,” I smiled.

So I didn't stand by my promise XD

You shouldn't trust me with quick updates

I somehow manage to have a life even with K-Pop XD

Anyway....I'll TRY to update tomorrow