The Beginning

An Adventure to be Forgotten

Today was the day.  The day my dreams would be shattered once again.  How did I know?  Well, for a start, I haven’t been lucky even once in my life.  Not that this particular situation depended on luck either way, but whatever.

As always, I logged on to Facebook, and got onto the Pledis New Stars page.  I scrolled down.  What I found was quite far from what I expected.  What I expected was two, unfamiliar, Asian names that had absolutely no relation to me.  They were the people that won the chance to go to a one-on-one audition with the Pledis Casting Team.  What I saw today was a stranger’s name, and……..my name.

Words could not describe my shock, happiness, and relief.  I finally broke through.  I made my first step towards my dream. 

I scrambled to log onto my email to see my instructions for the next step of the audition.  As I expected, I needed to fly to Korea.  I doubt my mom would like the idea.  But with some convincing, she might just agree.

I still couldn’t believe my unforeseen luck.  All I was doing at the moment was spazzing to my friend about y excitement.  Dangerously, my imagination began to wander and think of what trainee life would be like. Would I meet Seventeen?  After all, they were the ones that inspired my dream.  I kept on dreaming like that until I heard the sound of my mom entering the house after doing her shopping.

I almost flew to her to tell her the news. 

 “Mom I won a contest to go audition in Korea!” I squealed.

A look of utter disappointment and unhappiness crossed her face.

“I see,” she mumbled.

“Aren’t you happy for me?” I asked, crestfallen.

“I am, honey,” she gleamed to cover her previous state.

“Does that mean I can go to Korea?” I questioned.

“Of course it doesn’t.  There’s no way I can let you go there alone.  You’ll surely be and sold as a slave.  It’s too far away.  I’d rather you be an entertainer here, but I still don’t think you’re talented enough.  You can hardly sing.  And dancing?  When have you ever danced?” she strictly replied.

Her words stung like poison, but I didn’t let my tears fall as I pressed on.

“If you won’t let me go alone, then why don’t you or Dad come with me?” I continued.

“Your dad has work and I have to take care of Julia,” she coldly responded as she began to sort through the groceries.

“Fine then.  I guess you want nothing to do with your own daughter’s happiness.  Great.  And you still wonder why I’m depressed.  The answer should be pretty ing clear now if it wasn’t before,” I finished, stomped off to my room, shut my door, and locked it to make a lasting statement.

I can’t believe her.  Does she need to see me on stage in a fancy dress with a microphone to believe I have at least some talent?  If that’s how it is, then so be it.  I’ll find a way to go to that audition and I will pass.  I have a month to prepare for it anyway. 

That reminds me, in a month I’m supposed to be going to my friend’s house in Canada for a week alone.  If I can make $2,000 in a month, I can get a ticket to Seoul on the day I leave Canada. 

That’s exactly what I’ll do.

And absolutely nothing can stop me now.



It's a short chapter.....but I have a thing for those.  If I make a chapter too long I'll end up writing the entire story XD


Well anyways.....I hope you enjoy it and I'll try to update either later today or tomorrow ^_^