♛ Trapped in the Past

The Boy with Elastic Cheeks ~ The Tale of a Brokenhearted Girl;
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PRESENT DAY~ JUNE 2013

ROSE LEE~

 

I'll never forget the day I meet the boy with elastic cheeks. I'll never forget the day the boy with elastic cheeks asked me out on a date.

I'll never forget the day that the boy with elastic cheeks kissed me for the first time on my front porch.

I'll never forget the day that the boy with the elastic cheeks, Henry, asked me to be his.

But also, I'll never forget the day that the boy with elastic cheeks took my heart and tore it into a million shameful pieces when he told me he was "leaving".

 

Even thinking about it now, seven years later, makes my heart burn mercilessly with anger and cry out in anguish and sadness.

I loved this boy, Henry, more than anything or anyone else in this universe. I loved Henry more than I loved the air I needed in order to breathe.

Time and time again, Henry was my motivation, my strength and my rock. When I found Henry, I found someone that I was able to trust, someone who made my laugh until I pissed in my pants. I found someone that I could truely be myself around without the fear of being judged.

I, Rose Lee, felt as if I had found "the one". As cliche as that sounds, I thought it was true back then. I started dreaming about how we were going to get married on a villa and all that.

The day Henry broke up with me, he took all the love I harbored for him, crumpled it into a ball and slapped me in the face with it. He never told me where he was going or even why he was going. He broke my heart as if I had never meant anything to him in the first place. 

He just tossed me aside, as if I were nothing.

That fateful day was the last day I ever saw Henry again, but one thing I know for certain is,

The day he broke my heart was the day I lost the ability to love and the day I lost the ability to turst ever again.

 

FLASHBACK~

AUGUST 12, 2006

 

Rembering that day is like reliving a memory that just needs to stay buried. It started off just like any normal mid-summer morning in Toronto, Canada. It was hot but a nice misty wind blew our way every once in awhile.

We were having frozen yogurt in the nearby mall's gigantic food court. On the phone he said that he wanted "to talk about something rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter