CHAPTER 1- Introduction

THE KING AND HIS WIZARD

 

IT WAS a little hectic that morning. The street is busy with the townsfolk who went out buying their daily necessities. That normal scene has been a tradition for the people of Sapphire Blue kingdom. Among the crowds, there was a young boy who was standing in the middle of the streets looking for something.    

 

“Excuse me, Sir?”

The young boy asked a middle-age man who was busy arranging things in his stall. The man looked up at him and asked him back.

“Yes young man, how may I help you?”

 

The young boy smile sheepishly. “Actually I’m new in this town, do you happen to know Park Jung Su? I was told by my mother to meet him here…” the boy was glad that the man answered him nicely. Since he was an outsider, he was really worried if the townsfolk doesn’t want to cooperate well with him.

“Ah! Do you mean Leeteuk the court physician? Of course I knew him!”

 

A court physician? What’s that? The boy thought to himself.

“He was a very well-known person in our kingdom! His house isn’t that far from here, you can just go that west block over there and then turns to the left…” the man said while pointing to the direction of the house.

 

“Thanks a bunch Sir! You’re a great help!” the young boy bows to him in gratitude and headed to the direction. He was about to make his way before suddenly the crowds push him from his way.

 

“He-hey! Excuse me!” he tried his hardest to get away from the crowd but it seems that there were more of them keep coming to his direction. “What the hell is going on?” he sighed and give up struggling. He looks around him and saw that all the people seem waiting for something. They keep talking or whispering to each other animatedly.

 

“You looked trouble my friend?”

Someone suddenly talked to him. The boy looked behind him and saw a pretty looking boy around his age smiled at him.

“Err…you’re…?”

“Ah, forgive me, my name’s Sungmin…hmmm, are you new here? I never saw you before?” he asked. The boy smile back at him and replied. “Yeah, I’m new here, by the way my name’s Hyukjae, nice to meet you Sungmin-shii!” they shakes hands.

 

“Oh come on, drop the formalities! Just called me ‘Min’ neh? And I will call you Hyuk! That’s more like it!” he winked.  

Hyukjae was speechless on Sungmin behavior. The people here are so friendly, unlike his home village. He started to get liking of this new town. Just when he trying to figure out what was happening, a loud horn sound was echoing on the area. Everyone fell silent in an instant. Then, a figure stomps out from the crowd. He was wearing a nice leather cloak which covers all his body and a crown display on the top of his head. Several soldiers followed closely from behind him. Two of the soldiers are holding a man who seems keep refusing to walk ahead.

 

“Min, what’s going on here? Why so many people gathering? Who’s that guy standing over there?” Hyukjae bombarded question cause a loud laugh from Sungmin.

“Haha! Hyuk, you got so many question aren’t you?” Hyukjae looked down in embarrassment. “Well, if there was a horn ringing, it means that there will be an important announcement or event is going to happen, and the ‘guy’ you just mention? I don’t think you can address him as a ‘guy’…” Sungmin said.

“Huh? Why’s that?” he asked. “That because…”

 

“ATTENTION to all people of Sapphire Blue Kingdom! Today, let this be a lesson for all! This man…!” the mighty guy gave his speech in the middle of the crowd.

“…Lee Jin Pyo is adjudging guilty of conspiring to using enchantment and magic. And as pursuant to the Law of Sapphire Blue Kingdom, I, Lee Yong Woon have decreed that such practices are banned on this land! I pride myself as a fair and just King, but for the crime of sorcery, there is but one sentence I can pass…”

As he said the word, an executioner suddenly came forward with his large axe. At that moment, Lee Hyukjae already knows what type of Kingdom is Sapphire Blue. Even if he knows, it’s already too late to return back.

 

Umma, is it going to be fine if I stay here…?

Will my secrets save with me…?

 

He shut his eyes tightly and pressed both of his ears. Despite doing all that, he could still hear the gasp and shocking scream from the other people.

 

 

“The sentence for practicing magic is….DEATH!!”

 

 

 

 

###Yay!! Done with the first chapter! Thank you for subscribing n commenting!