I thought I was Cupid

I thought I was Cupid (Oneshot)

 

“De!” I turned around to look at where the voice came from.

“Oh, hey Sooyoung” a girl with golden locks ran up to me, and gave me a big hug.

“Thanks for the hook up with Yoochun” she said after she broke the hug. Her green eyes lit up in happiness as she smiled.

“No prob. He looked like he needed help. ”

For all the newcomers who don’t know my story of Bellnex High. I am the Delilah Key (aka. De) Matchmaker and ‘Cupid’ of the school. I help girls or guys to ‘pursue’ their crushes and sometimes I do the pursing for them, if they’re too dense to notice themselves. Matchmaking is a hobby of mine that I started about 2 years ago in Yr 9.

I had this friend, Victoria who would be energetic and out-going…until she faced a guy, not just any guy, HER CRUSH. Whenever she would run into Junsu she would freeze up and run in the opposite direction, no-matter what she was doing before. Junsu on the other hand always tried to talk to her, it was obvious he liked her, but when she ran away it just gave the impression that she didn’t like him. So one day I got sick of her running away, so I decided to do something…

“Victoria, we’re gonna be late” I wined, as she took out her books from her locker.

“O, come on. We’re never gonna be late” she replied back, not looking at me

“You always say that, but one day we are. Soo let’s goooo!!!” I pouted hoping she could see me

“Fine” she mumbled, and slammed her locker shut.

“Alleluia.” I praised the lord dramatically

“You are such a dramaqu-” she never finished her sentence because walking towards us was Junsu. ‘Not again…’ was all that went though my mind.

Walking next to Junsu was Jaejoong Kim, my bestests buddy in the whole world. We had been friends since we were in diapers. Then I remembered the plan. I looked at Victoria smirking. She didn’t see because her eyes were locked on a certain tanned hyperactive brunette walking towards us.

“O, Jaey!” I called out, taking Victoria out of her trance. Jaejoong and Junsu had heard us, and were coming over.

“De! What did you do?” Victoria hissed at me.

“I’m sick of you running, you are going to get this over now!” she didn’t have time to reply because Junsu & Jaejoong were in front of us. “Heylo, People of Mars” I said stupidly giving them that peace sign with 4 fingers.

“You are a crazy child De, you know that, right?” Jaejoong stated

“Well, duh” I said gonking (gonk- hit) him on the head “And you call me your friend.”

“I don’t” I gasped and was about retort, but he continued “I call you my bestests buddy!”

“Aww” I cooed pinching his cheeks “You’re so sweet.”

“Shh, don’t let the world know my secret.” he said covering my mouth with his hand, and glancing around suspiciously.

I laughed and said “And an idiot.” I hugged him

“Okay…Victoria let’s leave the couple alone. We’ll be late. I’ll walk you, kay?” Junsu said suddenly, holding out his hand. Victoria only nodded not trusting her self to speak, she grabbed his hand. “Bye” And they left.

So after that, Victoria and Junsu had talked after school and in class. They found out they had a lot in common, so he asked her out and naturally she said yes.  So they have been together for the past 2 years. I said my goodbyes to Sooyoung and kept walking towards my Drama class.

“De, come here” Ahh, the boy I was talking about before. My bestests-buddy-in-the-whole-wide-world!!

“Jaejoong!” I walked over to him and put my books on the table next to him. I hugged him. “So how’s life?”

I sat down next to him “Well, from the time of lunch, to the time of the period after lunch, my life’s been the same” I gonked him on the head

“Stop being such a smart .” I pouted

“Ahh, but you know you love it and me.” he pointed out with a smirk plastered on his face

“Cocky bastard.” I muttered and faced the other way.

“So you don’t deny you love me?” he asked raising an eyebrow. I was about retort when our Drama teacher, Mr Galpo walked through the door. The rest of Drama was boring we were learning about Romeo and Juliet. But there was Jaejoong’s constant poking and note passing which kept the class kinda interesting. Mr Galpo didn’t notice…I think, but Jaejoong was his favourite student so it wouldn’t matter anyway.

“Today I’m giving back the marks of our last assignment and hand you a new one to do with a partner of the opposite ” Our teacher said in his nasal accent. He handed back our past assignments with the new one.

I looked at my mark when it was handed back there was a big A- in the corner of the page. I was happy with my mark, because I didn’t really do well in Drama, I never wanted to do it, but I had to because my parents made me.

Then I looked at Jaejoong’s mark, A+ ‘Why the heck did he have to be so damn smart?’

“I hate you Jaejoong” I muttered, he looked over at my paper and smirked.

“You’re just jealous” I pouted, as he put an arm around my waist in a friendly manner

“You are so conceited” I poked him

“Class, you and a partner will be presenting to the class the balcony scene. In Act II Scene II in 2 weeks. Remember all your lines. Actions, props and costumes must be included. We will be using the balcony out side this room. You may begin!”

“Damn” I muttered, I hated drama…but then again I was good at it.

“Ahh come on, it won’t be that bad! You’ll be working with me” He gave me a toothy grin

“Oh, who said I’m working with you?” I questioned, he was too cocky for his own good.

He gasped and said “Ahh, fair Juliet you wound me” and being the dramatic smart he was, he stood up pulling me to my feet “You must work with me for what will our parents would have wanted. Even the teacher has beseeched thee to work with me” he grabbed my hand for emphasis.

‘2 can play at this game’ I smirked internally. Accepting his challenged I pulled my hand away from his “Romeo, Romeo, I canst be unfair upon thy self. My love for you is only like a kinsman” I walked away, in a lady-like fashion

“Juliet, thou canst leave me so unsatisfied” he got up and ran behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

“What satisfaction can thou have from me?” I muttered, slightly losing confidence & turning a light pink

He placed a small kiss on my head, and whispered in ear “For thou to work with me on this project”

I heard clapping and Jaejoong let go of me as we faced the front “Ahh, very good Jaejoong & Delilah, but it would have been better if you would have used the rehearsed lines you were supposed to be rehearsing.” Mr Galpo said

“I’ll work with you. I was only kidding. I mean, who else could I have worked with?” I said to him as we sat down at our seats

“I know you were only kidding. But that was just fun and you had fun too” he smirked

“Ego-maniac” I muttered, causing his smirk to grow, the pink on my cheeks was still faintly visible. The last time I blushed because of him was about 2 years ago, after we had gotten Junsu & Victoria together…

After Victoria and Junsu left, “Ahh, Am I a good or am I good” I asked no-one in particular

“Ahh, is there another option?” I gonked him on the head again

“Hey! I just set up 2 of our friends. You could a least have been supportive”

“Yeah yeah, but you had my help”

“So what?” I asked

“I should get some credit too…like a prize or something”

“Soo you want a prize or something?” I raised an eyebrow

“Yep, I want a kiss!” he said quite loudly, in a child-like voice. I dropped my books, and ALMOST gapped at his confession. I turned a slight pink and buried my face into his chest as he still hadn’t let go of me.

“You can’t be serious” I spoke into his chest

Ding

“Ahh, there’s the bell for class, you better hurry.” His grip tightened around my waist. I pecked his cheek. “That’s not what I meant” he pouted, I stared up into his eyes, he was about half a head taller than me.

“But you can’t mean...” he nodded and leaned down…

“Students, what are you doing here? Don’t you have class?” I jumped out of his arms.

“Yes, we were about to go! Bye Jaejoong” I said quickly, grabbing my books, and ran to my next class still flustered.

After that we never talked about it. It was like he forgot it, so I never bought it up.

“De! Hello! Earth-to-De!” a hand was waved in my face.

“Um, what?” my faced turned a bit more pink when I saw his face really close to mine.

“You spaced out, and now you’re turning pink” which made me turn pinker. “Are you sure you’re okay?” he placed a hand on my forehead, I squeaked and jerked back.

“N-no” I cleared my throat “I’m fine, I just need air.” I raised my hand “Sir, can I go to the bathroom?” and he nodded. I almost ran out the door.

‘I really needed to get away from him, what’s happening?’ Then the realisation hit me ‘...I can’t like him…can I? NO! I can’t I set him up last year and their still dating.’ Yeah, that’s right. Last year I set up my best friend with a girl in my grade I thought he’d look good with. Her name is Jessica Pain. She had the pretty blond hair, blue eyes, slim body, and was about 165cm tall. She was in my history class last year, and she liked him and I thought they’d look good together. Even if she was a to me at times…she doesn’t know I set them up.

“De!” I heard a familiar male voice yell after me ‘!’ I walked faster towards the girls’ bathroom. I heard the foot steps get louder and faster. “De!” I picked up my pace and almost sprinted into the bathroom.

The bathroom door banged shut. I room echoed as a walked up to a sink and placed both my hands of either size of the basin. “Breathe De, breathe” I muttered to my self, as I turned the tap. I splashed some of the running water on my face.

“Ah Ha!” I jumped in surprise “So this is what girls do in the bathroom, they splash on themselves. Mystery Solved!” I wiped my eyes with my hands and looked into the mirror, to see Jaejoong leaning against the bathroom wall. His eyes wondered around the room.

“What are you doing in here?!” I turned around to yell at him “This is the girls’ bathroom!”

“I know” his gaze came back to me “But no-one will know. You won’t tell him, I won’t tell him. I will stay in one piece.” he grinned

“Stop quoting Disney movies! You pedo!” I walked up to him and poked him in the chest

“Ahh, but how can I not?” he questioned “You made me watch ‘The Little Mermaid’ tonnes of times. So I can’t help it if what the crab says get’s stuck in my head!” I opened my mouth, then closed it. I had no retort for that. Jaejoong saw my non-response-sive-ness and smirked “Ahh, see you have no retort for that” he teased.

“Oh yeah?” I teased back, closing the gap between us. “Well take this” I grabbed his shirt and used it to wipe my face dry. He squirmed and tried to push me off his shirt, but he failed.

“Done” I looked up at him and grinned cheekily. Then when I realised he was still taller then me I scowled ‘Curse him, for being half a head taller than me’ but then I looked at his shirt and I couldn’t help but burst into a fit of giggles, forgetting the reason I was embarrassed. I hung on to his shirt so I wouldn’t fall but holding on to his wet shirt made me laugh even more.

“You. Are. Going. To. Die.” He stated in a (mocking) dangerous tone. I took one look into his eyes and I knew I was going to pay.

“Um…I should run, shouldn’t I?” I asked sheepishly, he just nodded “Okay, bye now!” and I rushed out the door, with Jaejoong not far behind me. I ran down the hallway laughing. But then when I didn’t hear Jaejoong’s footsteps I stopped.

I bent over and leaned against a wall to catch my breath. “Uh hu” I panted ‘Geez, I’m really unfit’ I thought.

I got up and lent on the wall, looking for Jaejoong. I stood there in silence. “Jaejoong??” I asked to no-one in particular. “O, come on…Jaejoong?” I looked around frantically, walking down were we came from, brushing my hand against the wall. “Jaejoong!” I was pushed up roughly against the wall. I shut my eyes tightly, as I felt someone breathing against my neck.

I felt his hands behind my back. “Jaejoong” I whispered breathlessly and opened my eyes only to see his sandy beach blond hair. “We should go…” my voice trailed off as his hands drew small circles behind my back.

“Shh” he whispered against my neck, tickling it slightly. “Don’t talk”

So many thoughts were running though my head, saying that this is wrong or…something which I don’t quite understand or want to understand. All my thoughts were thrown out the window as his lips lightly kissed my neck, and continued to leave a trail of butterfly kisses, up and down my neck.

I heard footsteps coming down the hallway. I finally came to my senses and pushed Jaejoong away. I didn’t even stop to see if he was okay, I just sprinted towards the classroom. I stopped at the door, and took in a deep breathe before opening to door. “Are you okay Delilah?” Mr Galpo asked when he saw me out of breath.

“Yes, sir. Just a bit jumpy...I thought I saw something in the hallway” I planted a fake reassuring smile

“Okay, now back to work” he said. I went to sit back down in my seat. I picked up the script, but I could read any of the lines. I glanced at the clock. ‘3 minutes left’. My mind kept wondering back to the hallway. ‘Why did he kiss me?’ was the main question that buzzed around my mind. ‘Why didn’t I push him away earlier?’ was the next one.

I was soo screwed! My best friend since forever had kissed me and I think I liked it, but then I pushed him and ran. I’m soo screwed!! I need to think this though.

I played with the paper in-between my hands. When the door opened I saw the man I didn’t want to see. Jaejoong was standing at the door the in his favourite black jacket. ‘Probably because what had happened in the bathroom.’ He walked up to his desk, which happened to be situated next to mine ‘Someone up their must really hate me!’ I wined internally, when he got closer

The bell rung. ‘Thank God!’ I thought, picked up my books and made a mental note to the man who designed this room to have two doors. I rushed out of the class though the other exit and almost ran to my next class, English which thankfully had no-one from my group in it. But the only down fall was that Jessica was in my class. Yes, Jessica the girl who I had set up my best friend with. The boy who had just, 5 minutes ago, kissed me!

‘MY LIFE IS SO MESSED UP!’ I yelled in my head

I ran into my class and no-one was there yet, so I sat in my usual seat at the back. While people came in I thought about what had just happened. “Damn, damn, damn” I muttered as I banged my head on the table.

“You’re a ” I heard someone say next to me

“What?!” I say lifting up my head to see a fuming Jessica

“You’re a and a bag, that no-one likes” she stomped off

‘WTF?!’ was the only thing running though my head, then it hit me ‘What if she saw us in the hallway?! OMG!! NOT GOOD!’

I kept banging my head until our teacher came in and greeted the class as usual. She had started her lecture on something about forms of poetry. I completely tuned out and kept glancing from the clock, to the teacher, to Jessica who sat 2 rows away from me, to the window, and then back to the clock. I did that until the bell rang.

“Okay girls and boys that’s all for today. No homework” She said and dismissed us.

I grabbed my books and power walked out of the classroom. Then moved quickly though the school, to get to my locker. I hoped that Jaejoong wasn’t there yet, because our lockers were given to us by grade then arranged in alphabetical order by last names. My last name was ‘Key’ and his was ‘Kim’

When I got to my locker Jaejoong wasn’t there. ‘Thank God!’ I quickly opened my locker and threw my books in and pulled out my shoulder bag. I stuffed my pencil case and planner in the bag. I slammed my locker shut and locked it. Then I pulled my phone out of my bag and texted Tiffany that I wouldn’t catch the train with her and Tom today ‘cause I needed to go somewhere else. I felt bad about lying to them but I really didn’t want to face anything that could be related with Jaejoong.

I walked out the school gates, and down the main street of Parramatta (in Australia), towards the train station which was underneath Westfield (major shopping centre). ‘I need a hot chocolate’ I thought, so I could keep calm, so I went in inside Westfield to go to a small coffee shop called “Bubble’s Coffee”. I knew a guy that worked there today at about this time.

“Changmin!” I called out when I walked in. The raven haired cashier faced me, and then smiled.

“Hey De!” he walked out from behind the counter and hugged me. “I’m taking my break” he called over his shoulder to another worker who just nodded.

We walked to the back of the shop and sat down. “So how’s my favourite girl going?”

I sighed and took off my bag “Everything is screwed up, and I need a hot chocolate”

“Fine, I’ll go get you one, then I want to hear everything” he leaned over the table and kissed my forehead, and walked off.

I sighed; Changmin or Changmin Shim was in University. He was about 3 years older than me. He was about 172 cm, with raven hair and the most gorgeous brown eyes. He was totally hot, but the only down fall was he was gay. ‘But why are the nice ones always gay?!’ I questioned myself once again. I would totally date him, except his boyfriend Minho would kill me.  I had met Minho though Kibum who is my brother, at Kibum’s birthday party 2 years ago. He had a reunion of friends from high school. I knew Changmin though Mum’s cousin’s wife’s son’s friend or something like that. I met him at a relative’s birthday party about 5 years ago. I thought Minho and Changmin were perfect for each other so I invited them both over and they ‘clicked’.

“I’m back De” I looked up to see Changmin holding 2 cups. He placed then on the table and slid the hot chocolate to me. “So what happened?” I explained to him my situation with Jaejoong. He sat there and listened nodding a couple of times. I explained what had happed to me 2 years ago as well. Then when I finished I said with “Oh, Changmin, why couldn’t have you been straight?” which he chuckled at.

“Well, De you know you would be the first to know if I were.”

I pouted, “I know but everything so screwed up.” I blew at my hot chocolate.

“Ahh, young love~” Changmin pretended to swoon.

“Don’t mock me.” I looked up from my hot chocolate to see Changmin giving me a silent raspberry.

“But Delilah, it’s ironic the matchmaker of the century is confused about love…” he trailed off and came to sit next to me “and just so you remember I know you know that you love me”

“No I don’t…” I trailed off not looking at him “my life is ruined.” I slumped in my chair, resting my head in between my palms.

“You are a drama queen, De” he wrapped his arms around my waist. I turned around to wrap my arms around his neck. We stayed in that position for a couple of minutes until… “I would like to meet this friend of yours.”

“…What?!” I left go of his neck, and pulled away. Backing myself into the wall…with no way of escaping. ‘Great work idiot’ I thought to my self.

“You know me meeting up with your friends, whom I have never met, might I add” his face leaned towards mine

I pushed him back and turned away replying with “And you never will.”

He turned my head to face him “Yes, I will”. I blew a raspberry into his face. “You are such a child” he got up and messed up my hair. “But it would be fine. I could just talk about his feelings towards you!” Before I could say anything about it being a stupid idea, I heard a guy say that Changmin’s break was over.

“Yeah, yeah” Changmin waved him off, leaning in and kissed my cheek “I’ll call you tonight and we shall discuss this” I nodded and got up. I hugged him and finished whatever hot chocolate I had left.

“Bye” I called out when I left the shop, raising my hand as a short wave.

I headed towards the train station to go home, but then decided against it. ‘No-one will be home anyway…’

My parents were business people and were barely at home. They came home late at night and left early in the morning. My mum was a lawyer and my dad was a stock broker for the richest family, which happens to be the Kim’s, Jaejoong’s parents. I have an older brother but he went to university in Perth. Kibum, my brother study some engineering pilot type course, but I don’t know why he was all the way in Perth…

“Hmm, where should I go?” I muttered to myself while walking over to a stand, where there was a map on one side and an ad for coke on the other. I closed my eyes as I placed a finger on the star which said ‘You are here’, and dragged it along a random path. When I opened my eyes I saw that I had landed on a shop called ‘Dream Sweets’.

‘I have never been there before…oh well might as well go’ I thought and headed towards the shop.

It happens every time...(Baby, oh oh)

It happens every time

Oh it's magic when we meet

Down on dream street

I heard as I stepped thought the purple and blue beads. I glanced around the shop only to gasp at the many faces of the forma band called ‘DreamStreet’.

‘Whoa, no wonder this shop was called Dream Sweets apparently these people think that this is “cool”…I worry for there health…’ I was about to turn around and leave but then I caught a glimpse of a familiar face.

I snuck around the aisles, to stand behind him as he looked though the aisles for something… “Boo!” I yelled into his ear. He jumped forward and spun around to face me. When he saw my face he let out a sigh of relief, and I frowned. “What am I not scary enough for you, Mr Jung?” I looked around to make what I was about to say more convincing “Coz if I’m not I could always…” I leaned in… “call your mates to give you a scare…or the most humiliation in your life” When he rapidly shook his head let to right I smirked.

“So…what are you doing her Yunho?” I questioned “Coz I don’t remember you becoming an obsessive fan of DreamStreet.”

He grabbed my hand and pulled me further into the shop and sat down. I sat down facing him, Indian style. “Next week is Pepper’s and my 1st year anniversary” he whispered to me, glancing around like being in this shop was a crime…which it should be.

“Oh yeah, congrats. Soon we shall have a Mrs Pepper Jung.” I giggled remembering the morning they got together…

“Pepper, it’s obvious he likes you” I said at lunch to my friend with long brown hair and brown eyes.

“Yeah Pepz, don’t worry” Victoria reassured her.

“But, why would he like me. I mean I’m not popular or anything. He’s the co-captain of the football team.” She wined. I sympathetically patted her back as she hugged me. But I was smirking on the inside ‘You have know idea how much he likes you Pepper’ I remember about a week ago the all great Mr Jung coming up to me after school asking me for help on asking out Pepper. Yes, there wasn’t a relationship at shop that I hadn’t personally fiddled with. Today is Pepper’s day!

“Pepz, if he doesn’t like you he’s just stupid” Sooyoung said

“You’re stupid” I heard a voice from behind us say. I turned around to face the ‘blondes’ of the year. Jessica was included…but she wasn’t the main problem.

“Carla, don’t get involved. Go away” I said flatly. Carla had a massive crush on Yunho ever since…last week?? Anyways, basically Carla just some random chick who thinks the world revolves around her and blah-blah-blah, she also thinks she can have any guy she wants, just because she sleeps with anything that moves…OO, BAD THOUGHTS!!!

“You can’t tell me what to do. Yunho likes me, I’m prettier than that puff ball” I heard a sob come form Pepper’s mouth. Carla walked up to me and tried to be intimidating…but how can you be intimidating when if you can’t walk properly in 6 inch high heels. I stood up leaning Pepper carefully on Sooyoung. We were about the same height now… ‘She really is short’ I thought.

“Carla, Carla, Carla” I shock my head mockingly. “You are really short and ugly” She gaped like a fish “Honey,” I said closing “You’re attracting flies” There was a chorus of Ooo’s heard.

“Well, yeah. You’re…” she tried to think of something to retort with.

She took to long so I just by saying “Don’t hurt yourself, prince-ss” She started to fume.

“Well, you’re attracting the…the…the computers!” she yelled, then there was a complete silence ‘That had to be one of the worst comebacks in history’ I thought.

“Was that the only thing you could think of in that tiny brain of yours” I flicked her head for emphasises. “Well you’re attracting the computers” I mocked her.  She was about to… do something, but then she stopped and then yelled “YUNHO!” I turned around to see the ‘jocks’ was down to the cafeteria. Pepper’s head jerked up form Sooyoung’s shoulder and she rapidly wiped any tears that were forming and plastered a smile on her face.

“YUNHO!” Carla ran…well, tried to run towards Yunho. When he saw her his smile dropped. ‘Oo, burn ’ He quickly looked around for anything other than her, and saw our table. His smile returned as he walked up to us, directly pass Carla. “Yunnie-poo, I missed you!” She called out and ran after him.

‘Oo, she is not ruining this for Pepper’ I quickly walked up to Carla, but I whispered to Yunho as I passed him. “Go for it” I smiled at him reassuringly, and then went to go stop Carla.

“Carla, he’s not into you.” I said as I stood in front of her

“He is so.” she said stubbornly trying to walking around me to get to Yunho

“Carla, open your eyes and look at him and Pepper” she didn’t stop and kept walking towards Yunho, I didn’t stop her. I just listened in on what Yunho was saying…

“Pepper, can I talk to you for a sec outside?” she nodded and they left, before Carla could say anything.

“Carla, you can’t win against love” I whispered softly as I walked pasted her frozen form…

When I came back from dream-land I saw Yunho still looking around for anyone who could ruin his rep. He and I became close friends afterwards. “Yunho, what are you doing in he…oh” my voice trailed of as I realised that Pepper was a complete fangirl when it came to DreamStreet. He just nodded “Aw, you’re soo sweet. I can’t believe your giving up a bit of your pride to find her a gift in here” I squealed, he covered my mouth and glanced around to see if anyone was coming. “Shh”

“Oh you hush, Mr Salt.” I said uncovering my mouth “Get up. I’ll help you find a present for her” I held out my hand for him to grab and get up. He took it and for the next 30 mins we walked around the large shop, running in and out of aisles.

“De, look what I found!” I heard Yunho call out from the aisle next to the one I was in. I ran towards him, and burst out laughing. He was holding a bright pink t-shirt with the neon green words ‘I love you Chris/Jesse/Matt/Frankie/Gregory’ and on the back there was the pictures of each the members faces’.

I walked up to him and grabbed the shirt of him “OMG, like doesn’t this like totally suit my skin tone” I said in a completely ditzy blonde voice. He just started laughing and almost fell into the floor. “I’m like totally serious, this pink is like totally in” I twirled a lock of chocolate brown hair that escaped from my pony tail. I pretend to pout “You as a boyfriend!” I stomped my foot, in-pretend-anger, and turned away. 

“HAHAHA!!” Was the only thing I heard him say…or laugh. “Can’t…breathe…” he said breathlessly in between laughs.

“God, I stopped. Pepper would kill me if I killed you, especially since your anniversary is next week.” I put the shirt back and helped him up.

Once he had calmed back down, we went kept looking for the present for Pepper. After another 10 minutes of looking I passed the cutest thing. “Yunho! Get your over here!” I called out to him. When he turned the corner I rushed up to him holding a card saying ‘I’ll be here before they come.’ an arrow was pointing to the DreamStreet band. ‘I’ll be here when they come’ there was another arrow to a concert ‘I’ll be here when there gone’ another arrow to a blank square ‘I’ll always be there for you’

“It’s perfect for the card!” I squealed, causing Yunho to slap his hand over my mouth

“De, shh. I’m right here.” He said uncovering my mouth “Also I found this” he showed me a t-shirt that with a picture of Jesse McCartney in the middle with the words ‘He’s hot’ and on the back it had an arrow pointing to the left saying ‘But, he’s hotter’

“Good work! She’ll love it! But we better get here a locket as well” I grabbed his arm and we made our way to the counter.

“You sure, she’ll like this?” he questioned as he placed them on the counter

“Yes, she loves a good laugh. Hurry up and pay, I know a good jewellery store around here, that won’t put a hole though your wallet” he smiled

“Thanks De, you’re wonderful.”

“I know” I grinned sheepishly. He finished paying and we left the store.

“No wonder he…so much…” I heard him mumble

“Huh?” I said turning around to face him “Did you say something?”

“No. Come on, De” he grabbed my hand then stopped “Um, where are we going?”

“Crazy child” I muttered “This way” I pulled his arm the other way from where he dragged me.

We walked into a shop called ‘J.M’. Pepper and I had walked though here a couple of times and had found the cutest stuff. “Oh my God. This shop has the same initials as Jesse McCartney.” I said out a loud, Yunho just looked at me funny. “Whoops, I wasn’t supposed to say that out aloud.”

“Of course child.” he patted my head and I glared at him

“Just Go…hey, that’s a song by Jesse McCartney…” he just stared at me funny “Oh shush, go over there and find a locket for Pepper.” I pushed him away.

After I sent Yunho to go and find a present I wondered around the shop, until…

“Delilah??” I turned around to see Minho, Changmin’s boyfriend.

“Minho!” I walked up to him and hugged him “I thought you worked in the city.”

“I did, but then I wanted to be closer to Changmin. My dad owns this shop so I asked if I could work here and he let me. So what are you doing here?” He tucked a black lock of hair behind his ears and placed items from the box on the floor onto the shelf.

“Oh, I’m here with a friend. He’s over there somewhere” I said looking for Yunho…

“Oh a guy is it.” I could here the amusement in his voice

“Oh hush, child” I faced him “He’s just a friend and we’re here because…” I was cut off

“De, whose this?”

“Oh, this is Minho. Minho this is Yunho.” I introduced them and they shook hands.

“Yunho here is trying to find a locket for his girlfriend, for their 1st year anniversary.”

“Oh, I have the perfect one” Minho said heading to the front of the shop “This is perfect for a first year anniversary” he pulled out a beautiful silver star locket. “Hearts are a bit old fashioned, so a star should do fine. You can still open it and put 2 pictures in it”

“It’s gorgeous, Minho” I squealed picking up the locket to take a closer look. “Yunho, it is perfect for Pepper. She’ll love it.”

“I have it. How much is it?” Yunho said pulling out his wallet

“No, you can have it for free.”

“Minho, I couldn’t.” Yunho tried to reason with him

“No it’s fine. Just think of it for a thank you present De.”

“But it’s not for De, so I should pay for it.” Yunho said

“Well, just think of it as a present for De, that she gave to you to give to Pepper.”

“But…” I said

“Oh come on, when I tried to thank you before. You gave me back the present saying you couldn’t take it, coz it was too expensive or something like that” Minho said

“…Fine” I pouted, I handed the locket back over to Minho. He put it back and grabbed a new one found behind the counter and wrapped it up in blue cellophane, and handed it to Yunho.

“Thank you”

“Good, and now that you can accept that. I want you to have to take the present again”

“No, Minho. I can’t, you just gave us the locket for free…” But Minho was already pulled out the on he had offered her 2 years ago.

“Take it, Delilah.” I was a beautiful locket which was a golden heart and a silver arrow that was inside it. Symbolising being love struck. “Come on, you gave me the love of my life. At least take it.”

“You played matchmaker with Minho and his partner?” Yunho asked flabbergasted.

“Yep” Minho nodded “Changmin and I have been together for the past 2 years, thanks to this young lady.”

“Seriously?” Minho nodded “that’s how I got together with Pepper!” Minho smiled

“See! You are the real cupid. So take this present, us mere mortals give you”

“…Fine” Minho gleamed; I opened up my hand so Minho could place the necklace in it.

“Well, I got to go guys.” Yunho said looking at his watch “It’s already 5:30pm”

“Oh , I got to go too” I said, and then thought ‘There’s no way I’m taking this for free’. Minho gave me a hug.

When we left I was necklace-less, and I smiled. I had placed it on the counter at the last minute…so I better get outta here before he sees it and chases me. “Yunho, you taking the bus?” he nodded “Okay see ya” I hugged him “Bye!”

“Bye!”

I my mp3 and put my head phones in and walked to the bottom level of the shopping centre. ‘I should be home before anyone leaves work…’

I caught the train and headed towards ‘Blacktown’, but I got off at ‘Maidland’ (made-up suburb, between Blacktown and Parramatta). The sun was setting when I got off the train and most parents and workers we’re returning home. Lady Gaga’s ‘Just Dance’ was blasting in my ears as I walked to my family’s 3-story establishment.

It was a modern house, with a large front and back yard and over 6 bedrooms on the 2 and 3rd floor. We only used 2 or 3 of the bedrooms, but we used the others for those parties of when we have relative’s stay over. There was a pool, small gym on the second floor. There were 2 kitchens and lounge rooms. About 7 bathrooms. There are 3 rooms that had the en-suite, with a TV, bathroom and living space. My room, parent’s room and Kibum’s room. The whole house was dark because it was the maids and butler’s week off. They get 1 week every 2-3 months.

I turned of the alarm with my keys and opened the front door. The whole house was pitch black, so I the front porch light, hallway light, 1st kitchen light. I made myself a quick nutella sandwich and walked up the stairs turning on the stair light, hallway light. I walked into my room and the light. I placed my plate and sandwich on my table and threw off my bag into the corner of the room. I turned off my mp3 and walked into the bathroom for a quick 5 minute shower.

When I walked out of my bathroom, a towel wrapped around my area and a towel around my hair, I my CD player and the song ‘Hot N Cold’ by Katy Perry filled the room. I sung to the lyrics as I got dressed and dried my hair.

Cause you're hot then you're cold

You're yes then you're no

You're in then you're out

You're up then you're down

You're wrong when it's right

It's black and it's white

We fight, we break up

We kiss, we make up

(you) You don't really want to stay, no

(but you) But you don't really want to go-o

You're hot then you're cold

You're yes then you're no

You're in and you're out

You're up and you're down

I got dressed into a black sweatpants and a dark blue shirt that reached just pass my . I put on a pair of black anklets and my sandwich and grabbed a water bottle from my cooler. The song changed to ‘Burnin’ Up’ by Jonas Brothers.

I'm hot

You're cold

You go around

Like you know

Who I am

But you don't

You've got me on my toes

I'm sinkin' into the lava

And I'm tryin' to keep from going under

Baby, who turned the temperature hotter

'Cause I'm burnin' up

Burnin' up for you baby

I finished my sandwich and put in plate into the bathroom sink. I took out my phone and placed it on the charger on my bed side table. ‘I wanna sleep’ I thought, so I my bed side lamp and turned off the music and my room light and jumped on my bed and snuggled in. ‘I need to think about what has happened today’ I turned off my lamp and laid in the dark replaying everything that had happened today.

‘Morning was fine. After lunch there was the kiss and…do I dare say it…. Then there was that weird short conversation with Jessica, run in with Changmin, Yunho and Minho. The necklace incident and then coming home.’ I thought for a couple of minutes and cam to the conclusion that I was falling in love with my best friend. But then I heard cars parking in the driveway and the front door opening. ‘My parents are home early’ I looked at my alarm clock, the neon light showed ‘6:24pm’. ‘They’re really early! It’s not even close to 9pm.’

I didn’t feel like dealing with them now. ‘There’s always tomorrow which is Saturday’ I drifted off to sleep.

NEXT MORNING…AFTERNOON…

I woke up it was really bright. My clock showed ‘10am’. ‘Her we go, De. Another Saturday to ourselves.’ I thought until I heard the frying pan. ‘That’s not right’ I got up brushed my teeth and went down stairs.

“Mum??” I questioned as I saw a brown hair woman who looked like my mum, she had short brown hair and brown eyes and she looked about 163cm.

“Oh dear, you’re up” She turned around and I saw her white apron. She hugged me. “Good morning” she glanced up at the clock “your father should be down in a second”

‘WTF?! Why is everyone home?! The next thing you know Kibum will drop in and…’

DING DONG

‘…looks like a thought to soon’ “I’ll get it mum”

I opened the door to see my brother standing there, with a small suitcase. I just blinked ‘WTF?! WTF?! WTF?! WTF?! WTF?! WTF?! WTF?! WTF?!’ was the only thing running though my head.

“What is happening?” I mumbled to myself

“Is that how you are going to treat your brother?” he said in a sad-mock tone.

“No. I’m happy you’re here” I gave him and hug and let him in “…but why are you here?”

“I haven’t seen my family in 2 months, so I’m staying til Tuesday” with all this happening I completely forgot about yesterday’s events.

He walked into the kitchen and I walked behind him muttering “What the is wrong with this family?”

“Kibum, my boy” I looked up to see our dad, in sweatpants and t-shirt…WHOA, that’s the first time in like a year I’ve seen him like that. “You have grown to be a handsome fella” Kibum was cute…but he’s my brother so EWW, ! But if he wasn’t his tall-ness of about 172 cm and his devilish smirk and toned body would be something I’d go for…but he’s MY BROTHER…EWW!!

I sat down at the table which my whole family for the first time in…God knows when. It was nice, but was really creepy. They all just happened to be here at the same time.

“So Kibum, got a girlfriend?” my dad asked as we ate breakfast

“Yeah, her names Tessa, or just Tess. She’s study engineering at our uni. She’s really nice and something really crazy. But I love her.” I just wanted to ‘awww’ at him then THROW UP! ‘AGAIN…WTF?! IS WRONG WITH MY FAMILY?’

I faked coughed “”

Kibum glared at me the asked “What about you De?”

Jaejoong’s face flashed up in my mind, but I pushed it away “Still single and proud” I boasted

“Delilah, you have never dated. You need a boyfriend.” Kibum stated

“I have so dated.” I pouted

“Yeah, name one date you have been on” I opened my mouth “and that mum or dad didn’t arrange” I shut my mouth.

“See, you haven’t been on any”

I huffed “So what does that prove…”

“You match-make people, De” He poked my arm “How can you match-make, but you have never actually fallen in love yourself?”

I sat there and though about that ‘How could I match-make…if I had never been on a date in my life that I had planned?’

“I have never found the right person…” I said weakly

“The right person? You had never even tried to date someone. So that’s it today we are all going out and you are getting a boyfriend!”

“…WHAT?!” I jumped up “You can’t be serious. Mum, dad, tell Kibum he can’t do that!”

My parents didn’t respond “Don’t tell me you are actually considering what this doofus is saying?!”

“I’m sorry dear, but I want you to have a happy life.” My mum said

“But I am happy being single mum.” I retorted

“That’s because you have never shared it with anyone” dad said quietly

“This house is nuts!” I yelled and ran upstairs to get changed into a stripy grey and white long sleeve shirt which I pulled the sleeves to my elbows, and black jeans. I slipped on some thongs and grabbed my phone, mp3 and wallet and stuffed it in my shoulder bag.

I ran out the door, to the one place I could always go to. I was going to Jaejoong’s house.

But what I didn’t know was that as I left in a hurry, my whole family smiled. Kibum went to the phone and dialled a familiar number and he only said “She’s on her way”.

“Damn parents. Stupid brother” I muttered as I walked though the park to get to Jaejoong’s house. Right now everything that happened yesterday was ignored. I just needed someone to talk to.

DING DONG

“Jaejoong” I said quickly and gave him a quick hug and ran inside. “My family is going nuts. Firstly they were all home early and at…” I looked around and saw a basket full of chocolate and one red rose on the top. “Oh, I’m not intruding or anything, I’m I?”

“Let’s go to the backyard.” I nodded and followed him silently. I noticed Jaejoong was quite stiff.

“What’s going on?” We had just passed the kitchen it was filled with food.

“I broke up with Jessica.” he said suddenly.

“Oh,” I said, “that makes sense.” I mumbled, he looked at me expectantly “Yesterday in English she was mean to me…well, meaner than usual. Nothing I couldn’t handle of course”

Silence over took us both and I decided to break it “So why did you break up with her?” I leaned against the fountain they had. Ironically it had a statue of Cupid with his bow & arrow.

“…I believe I’m in love with someone else” he said. My heart dropped.

“Oh…” I pulled my gaze away from Jaejoong and over to the pot plants “That’s nice.” my eyes stared at the water ‘So he was just playing with my feelings yesterday’ I quickly wiped them away.

“She’s really perfect. She’s smart, witty and can keep a conversation going” he said “She’s incredibly beautiful, even though she might not know it.”

‘Great…she sounds perfect’ “I hope…I hope you two are happy with each other” I eyes kept watering

“She doesn’t know, yet” he almost sounded embarrassed ‘Oh, now I get it he wants my help to set them up’

“Oh, do want my help?” I looked down at the floor and a tear drop fell. I rubbed my eyes slightly.

“If…if you wouldn’t mind” ‘Now, he’s stubbing over words. He must really like her’

“Sure” I planted a fake smile upon my lips.

“So what’s her name?” I asked

“Um…Juliet…” My heart broke into small tiny pieces.

“O-ka-y” my voice croaked ‘I didn’t know he knew a girl named Juliet’ I cleared my throat “Um, when did you plan on telling her?”

“Today, sometime”

“Oh, um…so what’s stopping you?”

“Well, she might reject me and we’re kind of friends and I don’t want it to be awkward between us if she says no.” I felt my breath hitch in my throat. I took in a breath, and then placed my hand on his back in a reassuring way.

“Don’t worry, she wouldn’t reject you” ‘cause your perfect’

“…So, what should I do?” he asked

“Well…you should go over to her, then kiss her and say how you feel quickly, so you don’t get too nervous. But not so fast she can’t hear what you’re saying” He nodded

“Thanks De” He smiled and I stopped breathing. He was gorgeous…but he loved someone else, so I had to let him go. Jaejoong then just left, leaving me sitting on the ground facing the wall. I placed my head on top of my knees and pulled them close to me. I could feel my face getting wet.

‘This is pathetic. I had know him for all of my life and I didn’t know I loved him until he confessed that he loves someone else’ I heard the door open again. I quickly wiped my tears and stood up.

“Did you forget someth…?” I didn’t finish my sentence because I was quickly pushed against the wall, with a pair of lips covering mine. It was sweet but urgent.

Then he pulled himself off me “I’m so sorry De, but I’ve loved you for so long and I wanted to tell you, but I didn’t know what you’d think, and…” I cut his rant off short by placing my lips on top of his.

“Don’t talk, just kiss” I commanded, he smiled lightly against my lips and complied. My arms slid around his neck and into his hair, while his just wrapped around my waist.

His tongue spilled into my mouth and we ‘played tonsil hockey’ until I remembered what he said.

“Jaejoong, you said you like a girl named Juliet” he nodded and I could feel the tears from in my eyes in relief “Are you okay, De?”

“I do love Juliet, but only when I’m Romeo. And only when Mr Galpo says so.” he grinned. The tears fell from my eyes

I nodded rapidly wiping away the tears “You scared me you bastard” I gonked him on the head “I thought you loved someone else”

“Aww, I could never love anyone but you.” He said leaning his forehead against mine, wrapping me into a tight hug.

“WOHO!!” I heard cheering and clapping. I broke the hug to see everyone standing there. My family, his family, our friends from school, even Changmin and Minho were here. I blushed a deep red and buried my face into his chest.

“Congratulations!” I walked into the house hand in hand with Jaejoong, after I stopped blushing.  The party had started the music was blasting and the food was great. After I had thought it though for a few minutes I slapped Jaejoong on the back of the head.

“You idiot!” I yelled

“What did I do?” he yelled back, rubbing the back of his head

“You planed this all! You planed the whole thing starting from the hallway. But how did you know Minho and Changmin? Changmin said he had never met you when I was talking to him yesterday”

“That’s because he hadn’t. I followed you from school and then I saw you talking with him, so when you left I talked with him.”

“Stalker!” I gonked him on the head again. “But what about Yunho and Minho?”  

“Yunho was just a coincidence and Minho…oh that reminds me.” Jaejoong pulled something out of his back pocket “This I believe belongs to you” I gasped, it was the necklace Minho tried to give me 2 years ago

“…Wait, did you pay for it or did he just give it to you for free?” I asked sceptically

“No, he paid for it.” I heard Minho say “he would let me give it to him. You two are perfect for each other you’re both really stubborn.”

“So can I put it on now?” I nodded, as Jaejoong went behind me and put the necklace on me. I turned around and kissed him.

When we both parted “So did you do this all by yourself?”

“Would you believe me if I said yes?”

I thought for a second then shook my head. He sighed “Then why did you ask?” I giggled.

“De! I now I know why you love to match-make, it’s so much fun!” Victoria yelled from across the room.

“This was a one off thing!” I yelled back “I’m the only cupid around here!” Victoria just laughed and nodded; in a way I knew that there were going to be more ‘Cupids’ at school. I faced Jaejoong and pouted “I thought I was Cupid” I wined to Jaejoong.

He laughed, “Of course you are. But you’re my Cupid.” he kissed my forehead, wrapping his arms around me

I poked his hard chest and muttered “Possessive bastard.” to which me grinned at. Then he leaned in and captured my lips again, and just before I got lost in our own world I thought…

‘But he’s my possessive bastard.’


 

A/N: Well guys, I wrote this one a while ago. I hope you like it and please comment, if you want me to post more of my past one-shots...coz I have alot! XD

But anyways, time for me to get back to studying for my exam...which is tomorrow. FML. Wish me luck! ><