Tteonajima

An Hour With You

Before you proceed in reading the chapter, let me just inform you that the apartment I'm referring to is not the typical apartment building but instead, it is an apartment compound where it's a house and not just a room. Am I understood? Lol because I at explaining what a stuff looks like XD But yeah, that's it.

And another thing, it'd be great if you to listen to SJ's Don't Leave Me until you finish reading this chapter so you can feel the emotion lol okay OTL this is so lame but yeah.

Okay, without any further ado, here is the last chappie :))


Time: 3:42 A.M.

With closed eyes, Hyukjae blindly reached for his noisy alarm to turn if off, but after so many attempts, it still kept on ringing and ringing. He opened his left eye and only to see that his clock is innocently standing on his bedside table, quiet and still. He then realized that the sound he's hearing now is not the sound of his alarm...

but a sound of an ambulance.

Out of curiosity, even though he's still half asleep, he went outside to see what's the fuss all about.

What he saw made him freeze on his spot, his heart thumped as fast as the ambulance's siren and eyes, now full of worry, grew wide as he saw the paramedics carry a stretcher with an unconcious Donghae lying on it. And then he saw Sunny, now gloomy and crying on the floor as she was comforted by their 2 neighbors.

"Stay here an calm yourself first before you go to the hospital. I'll go with them. I'll just call you when we get there.", a man said then kissed Sunny's head before running after the paramedics.

"What happened?" Hyukjae absentmindedly walked towards the 2 ladies who are comforting Donghae's sister and asked them.

Sunny looked at him, still sobbing, "A-are you... are you p-perhaps, H-hyukjae?"

Hyukjae just nodded. Sunny stood up and fished a paper in her jacket.

"I-- I saw this letter on my b-brother's bedroom table," she handed the letter to Hyukjae, "I th--think this is for you since I have read your name in the front part of the letter.", she wiped her tears and continued, "I think he wrote this before he had a heart attack just 10 minutes ago."

"He had a heart attack???" Hyukjae, now with tears b in his eyes, asked in extreme shock.

Sunny nodded and cried again. Hyukjae saw the hurt in Sunny's face.

"Y-Yes. I was sleeping in his bedroom and I just heard a loud sound and when I woke up... I-I saw him clutch his heart.. and he called my name for help. I-I saw his face, his face looked so hurt that it hurts me so much too." Sunny absentmindedly narrated to Hyukjae what happened in the past 10 minutes while tears continue to flow from her eyes. "I gave him his medicines but it's not working so I called an ambulance. And the moment the ambulance arrived, h-he.. He just went unconcious..." she looked around as if she just got back to her senses, "My brother needs me. He needs me. I need to go now. I need to be with my brother... I need to be with him," she panicked and was about to fall but Hyukjae had held her, and he saw her breathing heavily and clutched her chest. "Sunny! Yuri, her inhaler!" the girl who also managed to hold Sunny ordered the tall tan-skinned girl. Yuri immediately handed a small tube to the blonde girl who was assisting Sunny and made her inhale it. "Breathe Sunny-ah."

"Are you okay? What happened?"

"She has asthma. And the situation is not helping with her health. We need to go to the hospital now," Yuri answered Hyuk and she turned to the girl who's holding Sunny, "Let's go, Jess." and Hyukjae helped them assist Sunny to walk while Yuri went to open her car.

 

 

Hyukjae went back inside he compound and he still cannot digest the information that he just knew. Donghae? Disease? He hadn't mentioned any about that when they talked last ni---

Wait... he thought... And he just remembered that Donghae indeed mentioned something about 'illness'.

 

 

"Oh I forgot to tell you. I have this illness since I was a kid. I forgot what it's called but it's a serious one. Hahaha"

"W-what?! Donghae, are you serious?!"

Donghae just smiled and avoided his gaze with Hyuk.

"H-hey! Why are you just smiling? Don't tell me that kind of jokes."

"I'm serious, Hyukkie... But I'm fine now... I'm taking up my medicines everyday, anyway. And... I'm not dying, silly. So don't cry."

 

 

Hyukjae held the letter close to his chest as he fell to the ground while tears are continuously escaping his eyes. He looked at the letter and opened it slowly. As soon as he fully opened it, he saw a messy but somehow legible penmanship.

He slightly smiled at the cuteness he saw. But his smile immediately faded when he started to read the message.

 

As he was reading Donghae's letter to him, he wasn't able to hold back his emotions. He felt himself sink and tear apart, bit by bit as he read every single word in Donghae's letter. It's slowly breaking his heart, and made him ask the heavens: 'Why? Why do you have to take him away from me now? Now that we just got to know each other and we got to talk to each other? Now that we already have the plans within ourselves to talk and hang out with each other? Why do you have to be so unfair?'

But his heart and his whole being totally broke when he read the last, almost not legible part of Hae's letter:

I have a heart condition called the Atherosclerosis. And honestly, I feel like I'm really really really dying now, Hyukjae. Right now, I'm experiencing a very painful chest pain. But I don't know, this may be a heart attack, because this is my very first time to experience this kind of pain.

If I die, please always remember that I love you and I have loved you since you first transferred here in the apartment compound. I'm sorry but I love you. Please pray for me, Hyukkie. I'm so hurt right now. So hu

 

Donghae wasn't able to finish his letter as the attack really happened so quick.

 

 

As Hyukjae was just absentmindedly sitting and leaning on the side of the compound's gate for the past 30 minutes since Sunny and his neighbors went to the hospital, it opened and he saw the man who kissed Sunny's head-- probably her husband, enter the compound with his head down.

He abruptly stood up and faced the man.

"How is Donghae, sir?" Hyukjae asked with eyes full of hope to hear a good news.

The man faced him and he saw the gloom in his eyes as he answered:

"He's gone."


BANG! AND THAT'S IT! My attempt to write an angst was a fail, right? But goodness I tried so I hope you liked it and sorry if I have some mistakes or something i know you'd still understand it okay bye /evaporates/