The hour with him

An Hour With You

Yay so hi! :) erhm, I hope you won't be confused about my writing style in this story. I divided this into 2 POVs: Hyukjae's POV and the narrator's pov. So yeah, I hope you'll enjoy and like it! Kekekeke~


It's already 6PM and I was cooking chicken fillet for my dinner when my tellephone rang.

Ughh~ guess who...

"Hello?"
"Hey Hyuk! Have you heard about the news?!"

Well, it's my one and only bestfriend, the evilest devil in the whole world, Cho Kyuhyun. Ugh I hate it when he calls!

"Uhh, what news? I'm cooking dinner you know~"
"Well I think you should listen to news while cooking huh? You know you're so outdated!"
"Well what can I do? I'm a busy person and I don't want to be distracted."
"Duh whatever. Anyways, the news said there's a meteor shower later at midnight!" he said with excitement, so gay.
"Uhh--- huh? So?" I said not guessing his point.
"Well--- what?! Why you? You're not excited about it?? I mean, oh c'mon Hyukjae! Why so lackadaisical?!" he whined over the phone.
"Hey! I'm not being lackadaisical! I'm just asking you that what now? I mean, what is the big deal of meteor shower?"
"Err. If I were you I'll just continue cooking. Ugh I can't believe you're not excited about it! Gotta hang up now. Bye~ *tooot tooot tooot*"

See? That's why I hate it! Because if he's gonna call, he'll just hang up like he doesn't want to talk to you anymore. And yet he's always the one who calls first! And it's just a waste of time too, you know? And I hate wasting time. Time is gold. You should savor it. -_________- But I'm not saying that talking to your bestfriend is a waste of time-- no of course not. I love him but knowing him... really, talking with him over the phone is really a waste of time.

But well, speaking of 'savor', since I don't have much to do tonight anyway, and tomorrow is another maybe-unproductive day, why not just watch the meteor shower, right? It won't be a waste of time anyway. Kk~

So there, I continued my cooking that took me another hour because my first 2 big chicken fillets got burned because of that phone call ;A;


It was already ten minutes to twelve when Hyukjae decided to head to the rooftop. All the apartments in that compound have rooftop, and that's one of the reasons he chose that place. He obviously loves rooftops.

When he got to the rooftop, soothing midnight breeze welcomed and hugged him, wind hummed soft, peaceful rythms through his ears, and as he layed down, he saw a sky filled with tiny (but actually so huge) burning balls. He sighed. 'What a lovely night to be with someone', he thought..

A moment later, one by one, the meteors showed up. And another moment later, while enjoying the very beautiful sight he ever saw- so far - in his life, he heard footsteps.

'Omo... W-who could possibly be going u-up here in m-my place when e-every appartment here has it's own r-rooftop?!' he thought in horror. 'W-who could possibly o-own those footsteps?'

Hyukjae froze in his position. Not even looking and checking out who the intruder is because of the nervousness he is feeling. Suddenly, the footsteps stopped... and Hyukjae felt that it was just on his side.

"Hi!" a man's voice boomed in his ear.

"WAAAAAAAAHHH--MMMMM!!!!" he screamed in horror but the man's hands instictively flew right in his face and covered his mouth to shut him up

"Ssshh... Hyukjae-ah, be quiet, everyone's already asleep." said the man.

Hyukjae slowly opened his eyes and when he fully opened it...

he was dumbfounded.


Omo! Is this real?! Is HE real?!

No. It's impossible. He don't know me. I mean, my name...

Wait, he just mentioned my name! Goodness! I might be just dreaming! Yes. I'm just dreaming. Now Hyukjae, wake u---

"Hyukjae-ah, you're not dreaming..." he told me with a pouting face, "It's me, silly. I know you know me." did he just read my mind?

"D-donghae?" I uttered.

"Ne. ^_^" he said and smiled. So fcking cute!

"Wait... how can you read my mind? You're a mind-reader?!" Yes he was cute but I still freaked out. I didn't thought he's going to be this scary.

"Babo! Of course not. You said it out loud." he said.

Whaaaa-?! I mentally slapped myself for being so dumb and stupid. Oh Lee Hyukjae, how can you be so very stupid, eh?

"W-What are you doing here? W-why are you here?" I asked. Trying to change the subject

"Hmm... Nothing. I just want to watch the meteor shower, and I don't want to be alone. Luckily, I saw you here. So yeah..." he answered.

I looked at his now lying body beside me and at his ever-so-angelic face. How can you be so handsome, Lee Donghae?

I'm kind of shy to admit this but, goodness, yes, I have this huge... crush on Lee Donghae, my neighbor, since I transferred here (that was 3 years ago). It was... I think, love at first sight? I don't know. This feelings that I have for him just popped out of nowhere, like a mushroom. I was really a guy. A man! I even had a girlfriend before. But I don't know. The first time I saw him I just... I don't know. I was immediately confused... about my... gender. So gay right? So gay.

And I don't think this is just a simple-but-huge crush. I think I'm really in love with him. /sigh/

Sadly, he already have a girlfriend. A pretty and beautiful and gorgeous girl named Lee Sunkyu. She's lovely, cute, bubbly and friendly. No wonder why Donghae fell for her. I'm nothing compared to her.

But why am I even conparing myself to her? I'm a guy for pete's sake!

"The meteor's beautiful, right?" Donghae just blurted out, waking me from my thoughts.

"Huh? Uhh... y-yes. Yes, it is." I stammered. But yes, it's beautiful. Just like your eyes, nose, lips, fa--- damn what are you doing Hyukjae.

"Hey, why are you so nervous? It's just me, okay? I'm sorry if I freaked you out..." he said with an apologetic face.

Oh no Donghae... please don't apologize. I'm not nervous because of that. I'm nervous because of your presence in my side. I always get nervous even when I just see you, now what more that you're already here lying with me! And please don't show me that face. I might kiss you.

Sht Lee Hyukjae FIGHT. THAT. URGE.

"N-no! No. I'm not nervous. This is just how I talk... s-sometimes."

"You're---"

"I know it's weird. I now I'm weird. Kkk. Sorry."

"You didn't let me finish. You're cute..." Hae giggled and looked at the sky again. Oh seriously?! I'm cute for him?! Goodness help help help meehh! Sht I'm so gay!

"...no wonder why my heart skips a beat every time I see you."

At last he removed his gaze away from me or he might see m--- wait, what? What was that?!

"Huh?" what does he mean by that?! Omo... no. It can't be. He has a girlfriend for Pete's sake.

"I mean, eveytime I see you... or here your voice... my heart always skips a beat. You see, you always give this feeling to me. The feeling of being...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

being in love."


'WHAT IS THIS GUY SAYING. I CAN'T EVEN---!! DID HE JUST SAY IN LOVE?!?! WITH WHOM? ME?!' Hyukjae felt like his heart is going to explode any minute from now because of the fluffy, flattered and unexplainable feeling he has... but it was short lived.

"Nevermind what I said. Hahaha it's nothing. I just always have this feeling of being in love. Even with boys, and it sounds so gay. Kkk~" Donghae sighed and chuckled.

Hyukjae felt her heart sank.

"No. I don't... I didn't..." Hyukjae was at loss for words.

Hae spoke, trying to let the awkward atmosphere that was forming between them because of his stupidity fade away "So, Hyukjae, since you and I are already here, why don't we just use the opportunity to know ourselves even more better? You see, all I know about you is you're a working student, you're 18 years old, well, that's what I heard. You're my neighbor, you have a bestfriend, you live alone and... you're a guy. That's all." Donghae pouted.

Hyukjae giggled, "Hmm... you're right. Why don't we, eh? Okay so me first..."

"Wait..." Donghae said, "Please tell me everything. Everything about you"

"W-why is that so?"

"Because... it's... ah, nothing. Just everything, Hyukjae. Everything."

'Why is he being like this?' Hyukjae thought as he cannot stop himself from wondering. Because oh c'mon... Donghae? Asking him to tell him everything about him? That's kind of weird. Hyukjae also thought that Donghae is acting weird. They're not that close yet, so why would he tell him EVERYTHING already? Right?

But with heart thumping and contained feels and confused mind, still, Hyukjae started to tell Donghae everything about him. Because that's what the love of his life wants.

"W-well... okay~ If you say so..."

"So uhm, starting off. Hello, I'm Lee Hyukjae, 18 years old and is living alone in an apartment because, well, my parents left me for I don't know what stupid reason is." he said with a bitter smile. "Mom and dad left me when I was still in Grade 4. I can't even forget that horrible moment when my parents threw me a bitter look and turned their backs at me, leaving me in my aunt's house, which is my mother's sister. My mother's family is a bit witchy and y that's why even if I'm just a 10-year-old, I have to work for them-- like doing ALL the house old chores-- so that they will feed me and will pay for my schooling." he narrated.

"I'm so sorry I didn't know that," Donghae said, looking sorry and doesn't know what to do to comfort him.

"Nah it's okay. I really do have a very horrible and dark childhood, and I know and I accept that."she showed him a positive smile, and that made Donghae's heart skip a beat.

"But that changed when I met this boy, who eventually became my best friend." he continued. "He's Cho Kyuhyun. He's my best friend since my parents left me. He's been there for me all these years. His family helped me after knowing my story. And that's why I'm living here in the apartment. It's because of his family. They helped me without any hesitations and conditions. They treated me like their own son. They welcomed me in their family. They made me a part of their big happy family. And I'm very thankful to God for that. For giving me angels. I consider them my angels." Hyukjae smiled as he recalled his bitter then sweet past, "Although Kyuhyun is the most evil devil I've ever met, still, he's an angel." He laughed.

And he kept on telling him more stuffs about himself.

 

 

---

When it was already Donghae's turn...

"So, how do I start? Hmm... I'm Lee Donghae, 20 years of age, living alone, I'm obviously your neighbor, I still don't have a girlfriend until now. Hahaha!"

Hyukjae interrupted Donghae... shocked.

"You don't have a girlfriend?" she asked, emphasizing the word 'don't'.

"Yes. I don't..."

"Then who is Lee Sunkyu?"

"Oh. Sunny noona. Hahaha. Sunkyu... well, I call her Sunny, is my ever loving noona. Everyone mistaken her as my girlfriend. And I see you did, too." He chuckled. "But no, she's my older sister. Hahaha. Sunny is a loving sister to me. Even though she already have her own family, she always finds time to visit me here and spend at least two days with me."

Hyukjae sighed. A slight smile crept his face (as he knew that he just mistaken Hae's sister as his girlfriend). But of course he doesn't want Donghae to see that.

'Stupid Hyukjae. You really love making false conclusions.' he said and mentally slapped himself.

Donghae continued to tell his life story to Hyuk, and Hyuk took down notes about the love of her life in her mind.

"Oh I forgot to tell you. I have this illness since I was a kid." Donghae at first kind of hesitated to tell him about the details, but he continued anyway.

"I forgot what it's called but it's a serious one. Hahaha" Donghae laughed, Hyuk's heart sank once again.

"W-what?! Donghae, are you serious?!"

Donghae just smiled. and avoided his gaze with Hyuk.

"H-hey! Why are you just smiling? Don't tell me that kind of jokes."

"I'm serious, Hyukkie..."

'No. What kind of illness is that. He said it's a serious one. B-but... he's not... not... d-dying r-right??' 

Hyuk's tears escaped from his eyes as he thought of that and he was about to hug Donghae when...

"But I'm fine now... I'm taking up my medicines everyday, anyway. And... I'm not dying, silly. So don't cry." Donghae wiped Hyuk's tears with his thumb.

'Liar.' Donghae thought to himself.

"Why are you crying anyway?" Donghae smirked.

"W-wha--.. Huh? N-no! No I'm not crying. Why would I. Tch." Hyuk removed Hae's hand from his face.

"You're obviously not good when it comes to lying..." 'of course Donghae he's not like you.' 

Hyuk gave up because Donghae kept on staring at him with that creepy smile plastered on his face.

"Okay. Fine. It's just that... you see. I hate dying! I hate it when one of my friends are dying! I hate that feeling! And because you see, I have this huge crush on you and it hurts to know that you have a serious illness!  I don't know wh-" Hyuk covered and her and Donghae's eyes grew wider.

'What the Lee Hyukjae?'


I mentally slapped and punched myself again for being so careless and so talkative that I'm not able to control my mouth anymore. Goodness Hyukjae! Babo! babo! Babo babo babo!

"What did you ju---" I stood up and interrupted him.

"Erhm, ah, Donghae-ah~ You see, it's already 1AM and the meteor shower is over, I think, judging by the peacefulness of the sky. So, why don't we, uhm, go back to our apartments and sleep and let's... uhm, continue our chit chat tomorrow... if it's okay to you." I rubbed the back of my beck. Stupid Hyukjae get yourself out of this awkward atmosphere you created right now!

He giggled and stood up, "Okay then Lee Hyukjae. Let's..." he paused for a bit, "continue tomorrow." He smiled, goodness his smile! "I won't forget what you said tho," he chuckled. Seriously donghae, please just forget about it.

Out of embarrassment, I turned my back and started walking down the stairs, "Okay then, Lee Donghae! Good night! Tomorrow again," and then I ran inside my apartment. Whoo! Lee Hyukjae, you are officially a complete idiot!


"Okay then, Lee Donghae! Good night! Tomorrow again!" and then Hyukjae rushed towards his apartment door.

Donghae chuckled and sighed, "Yeah sure, tomorrow. Good night, Lee Hyukjae."

He walked slowly towards the stairs but as he stepped down, he felt his heart ache. It hurts so much, sooo much that he sat back down again, trying to breathe normally.

A tear escaped in his eyes and he looked up the sky. He saw another meteor, and he silently prayed, "Please... Let me live for just another day again. One last day. Please."


OKAY HAHAHAHA So finally, FINALLY, I got the guts to write and continue this story again hehehehehe /claps like a retarded seal/

Thanks for reading and please look forward to the last chapter. I had it drafted so don't worry, I'll update it as soon as I can! :)

(woah i talk as if I have readers lol okay burn bye)