Cold

The Mint Heart

Siwon’s POV

Flashback

Lying down on the grass with Kyuhyun sitting beside me, we were lost in the view in front of us that was breathtaking. I think Kyuhyun felt the same as well because I could see his jaw hanging open over the beautiful view.

It was the Eiffel Tower sparkling in front of us, as ­strong as an iron yet as delicate as a lace. The Eiffel Tower is the romantic symbol of Paris. We just came down from the top and the view from there was even more beautiful than this one. Now, I know why every couple wants to spend their time together there. It’s absolutely romantic. Love is in the air and I could see couples in every corner of the park. They were kissing, hugging, and whispering sweet words to each other while I was stuck all alone. Wait! No, I’m with Kyuhyun.

“It must be so romantic to be here with our lovers. Aww! Look at them, how could they be kissing in public” He pointed at a couple french kissing a few feet away from us.

I shift my gaze to him and I can see that he was blushing in the dim light. He cupped his burning cheeks cutely. How could he feel so shy while he wasn’t the one kissing? I can’t help but smile. So cute and innocent… Oh God, don’t make me kiss that pink che— wait, what are you thinking, Choi Siwon? I shook my head and looked at the top of The Eiffel tower in front of me. I lifted my upper body and supported my weight on my elbow before resting my head on my hand while my eyes were looking at Kyuhyun who was sitting with his knees brought to his chest.

“Why? Do you hate it so much for being stuck in this place with me?”

“Nope, I love it. I even hope the time will stop at this moment so I can be with you much longer in this romantic place” He looked down to find my eyes, while his lips were curved into a beautiful smile.

“Do you like me that much, huh?” I chuckled awkwardly because I found myself shocked by his words.

“Uhm” He mumbled.

“Kyu....” I paused my words while he was staring at me in confusion.

“Lay down here” I asked him as I tapped the grass beside me.

His eyes bulged out because he probably didn’t expect that command. He lied down beside me while his eyes locked with mine. Me? I drowned into the brown orbs and had to look away as I shifted my gaze to the sky.

“Kyu, if I didn’t come to the airport last night. What would you have done?” The words came out of my mouth unconsciously.

“I wouldn’t have gone anywhere before you came. And that’s final”

“What if I never came?” I was getting curious because I knew he admired me but we haven’t talked about the topic privately before. I just didn’t want him to feel uncomfortable around me.

“I still wouldn’t have gone anywhere because I knew you would’ve come no matter what. You will always come” He tenderly said with his warm smile.

“So confident” I mumbled almost in inaudible tone so he wouldn’t hear me.

I snapped my head when I heard Kyuhyun’s laugh. He chuckled adorably while I was confused not knowing the reason behind it. He covered his mouth to stop it and he looked at me when he fully stopped laughing.

“You’re so cute, hyung. Like a kid. I can hear you clearly, you know. And yes, I have high confidence. Do you have a problem with it?”

“N—no. I just wonder how you could really be sure that I would come” I shook my head and laid down on my stomach while crossing my hands under my chin.

“Just because”

“Thank you” I smiled sincerely and he looked at me in the eyes without blinking.

“Ahh! Siwon hyung, you make it even more difficult with your double personality. Which part is the real you?!” he rolled his eyes and sighed loudly.

What happened? Did I do something wrong? I just thanked him. He inhaled and exhaled a few times before he looked deep into my eyes.

“When I see you, I always feel that it’s the first time we meet. Sometimes you won’t care about everything around you. Sometimes you will join us in having fun although you still act a-bit-cold. Sometimes you’ll act like a kid who wants candies. Sometimes you’ll shower us with your attention... But in the end of your act, you will always go back to the ice prince. So cold but... warm.

Which one is the real you? I want to know, I want to know more and more. I want to find out the reason but no matter how hard I try, you’ll always mess it up with your unexpected behavior. I like it when you’re so touchy feely on the stage, because it suits you more than the cold attitude, and I hate it when you’re back to be the ice prince. You’re so close yet so far. I’m so jealous of Donghae hyung and Sungmin hyung because they are so close to you and they can talk to you so comfortably. Yeah, although I often hear you shouting at each other, but I wouldn’t mind if you’re shouting at me as long as we can have a chit chat or share everything. Really, hyung… Please open up! You have so many people that care and love you with all of their hearts. Don’t push yourself away”

“Kyu..” I blinked as I tried to adsorb his unexpected words.

He reached for both of my hands and it with his thumbs. He then locked his tender eyes with mine before he talked..

“But it doesn’t matter hyung…because it won’t change anything. I still like you”

I was dumbfounded with my heart that was beating so fast…

Flashback end

 

I stare at the spot beside me where Kyuhyun slept last night. I it but it feels so cold. Am I as cold as this bed? Kyuhyun’s words keep running through my head. I didn’t know he thought of me that way. I care about everyone around me, I really do. The problem is myself.  I’m just already used to be a loner and yes I’m close with Donghae and Sungmin, but it’s because they’re not afraid to have a chit chat or disturb me with their jokes. It’s not that I’m not close with the others including Kyuhyun because I am, but it’s in another way. They are my second family now. They are special in my heart but it’s different when it comes to having a chat in a comfortable way. It’s not easy for me. Ah, Cho Kyuhyun. Why are you making me doubting myself?

I put my hand on my chest and it beats normally. Why did my heart beat so fast at that moment? Or do I have a heart disease? I should check with a doctor when I go back to Seoul.

***

Kyuhyun’s POV

“Siwon wait!” I run after him when he almost got into the van.

I’m panting as I slam my on the seat beside him. He doesn’t seem to care about me who’s still out of breath. Is he angry with me? I clasp a hand over my mouth. Did he hear my mourning about my careless mouth all night long? I couldn’t sleep because of that.

“Good morning hyung. Did you sleep well?” I try to break the awkward silent –for me—

“Morning. Good” He answers coldly without turning his head in my direction.

He is not in the mood. Noted!

“Where are we going, hyung?” I ask to Joon Ho who is sitting in the back seat.

“Beach”

Ugh! Why are they so stingy with words this morning? Don’t they have a dictionary? I just get three words from these two guys this morning. Good luck, Cho! Just hope that you’ll have a good day!

I turn my gaze toward Siwon who’s still staring at the view through the window. I hope he’s not angry with me because I just want him to open up more about himself. Okay, I admit it’s not only about that but I want to be more close to him. I still remember that Siwon was dumbfounded and how he blinked cutely when I told him that I liked him. Oh, that was embarrassing. I cupped my burning cheeks. I don’t know what I was thinking last night. My mind went blank when I realized that I told him that I like him. Let’s just pretend it never happened.

While I’m busy with my thoughts, the car stops and when I shift my eyes to the window, I can hear the beach calling me. I jump out from the car and run to the shore. So beautiful! The color of the beach is the same as the sky.

“Siwon hyuuuung! Come here!” I scream Siwon’s name while he just stood in front of the car with his arms folded over his chest.

***

 

“Hyung, let’s go swimming” I whine when the shoot just finished.

“No I’m tired, Kyu. Don’t go too far! I know you can’t swim. I’ll be watching you from here”

Siwon sits on the sand not so far from the shore. I’m upset because he doesn’t want to swim with me but never mind. I run and play with the sea. It’s been a while since I’ve been to the beach. Oh, I miss you! Do you know today is one of my best days? I can still feel that my heart is beating faster than usual. My cheeks are blushing crazily. I’m having so much fun, until I didn’t notice that my feet kept walking too far than I expected. My body is sinking. I’m trying hard to reach the surface but my body can’t soar. When I almost reach it, my body sinks again. I scream for a help. I’m screaming Siwon’s name. Is this the way I’ll die? Siwon!

“SIWO—mphh.. HELP M—mmph! Siw—“

***



here you go..

I hope you like this chapter my lovely readers :D

I love you too, SiwonnieFan ^^ *kisses

LOVE!! from WonKyu...