Bound

Drabbles

“Hyukkie, you love me, right?”

“What kind of a question is that?”

“The kind you have to answer if you don’t want me locking myself in my room and not letting you in.”

Hyukjae chuckles and pulls Donghae closer to him, the two men lay in silence for awhile before Hyukjae speaks up.

“Of course I love you. It’ll be pretty damned stupid of me to say no. Not with these things around.”

Donghae holds his left hand up slightly, a small smile painted on his face. He smiles because of Hyukjae’s words, and because of the silver band on his ring finger. His smile grows wider as he tilts his head a little to the right, and sees an identical silver band on Hyukjae’s finger.

“Yeah, that kinda does the trick, huh? It’s like it’s saying you love me around the clock, if it can talk I bet it’ll go ‘Hyukkie loves me’ in that chipmunk-ish voice, because it’s so small and in my head that’s the voice it’ll have. They’re gonna yell that every time I look at it or every time anyone look at it, and then I’ll never have a bad day because my ring will keep yelling at me that you love me. Ah, I wanna have that kinda ring, Hyukkie.”

Hyukjae’s body shakes with the laughter he tries so hard to contain until he can’t hold it any longer and he bursts out laughing, with tears forming at the corners of his eyes. Donghae’s randomness and his tendency to ramble whenever his mind runs at a pace of a hundred miles an hour never cease to amuse him.