The Red Ribbon

We Are Just Different

Kibum woke up with a heavy head. He thought he took many pills yesterday night. He sat on the corner of his bed and opened his eyes slowly. He felt so dizzy. Yeah, he surely took many pills, because it always happened every time Kibum took many pills.

Kibum glanced at the clock and he was surprised that it was already 6.45 am. He quickly ran to the bathroom - lucky that he didn't fall to the ground - and after 25 minutes, he was ready to go to school.

He quickly took his bag and didn't realize that the red ribbon was accidentally brought by him to the school, in his bag.

---

"Jonghyun, you have schedule from 11 am to 11 pm, do you still want to go to school?"

"Yes I want to, and please faster, I'm totally late now"

Jonghyun looked outside and it was raining. Not really hard, but still the skies looked so dark. He was totally bored until he saw a boy running while keeping his bag from the raindrops. And after a few seconds, he was sure that the running boy was Kibum.

"Hey, that's my friend. Pick him up"

"But..."

"I said pick him up. Now"

His driver nodded and went closer to that boy. Jonghyun opened the car's window and called that boy.

"Kibum, get in now. You're getting wet"

"Jo-Jonghyun?"

"Just get in now"

Jonghyun opened the door and Kibum quickly got into the car. Jonghyun asked his driver to start driving again. Kibum only stared at Jonghyun and the older man as the car started moving. Jonghyun chuckled, seemed like he understood what Kibum was confusing about.

"He's my manager. There are many things you don't know about me, one of them is I'm a singer"

Kibum widened his eyes in disbelieve. But Jonghyun only chuckled at him in respond.

"You don't have to be like that, of course you don't know about it. You're not even in Korea in these 3 years"

Kibum nodded and felt embarrassed because he looked like stupid. Jonghyun sat nicely after Kibum acted normal again and looked outside the window. It was raining, not hard but would still make you didn't want to walk outside. Kibum smiled as his finger touched the cold window and made the invisible drawing on it. Jonghyun noticed it and stared at Kibum. Kibum looked so cute, so pure, just like an innocent boy.

"We're arrived, Kibum. Do you want to play with the window all the day or go to school?"

"Pl-play... eh I mean go to school"

Jonghyun chuckled and got out from the car, followed by Kibum. Kibum faced down the street as they walked together.

"I changed my mind; let's just watch my friend's playing soccer. I'll introduce him to you"

"Is it okay? You know... We..."

"Our teacher won't be mad if we play truant, he already used to it"

Kibum just nodded and followed him. Jonghyun walked confidently to the soccer court and sat on the bleachers, followed by Kibum after a few seconds. He turned his head to the court, looking at the soccer team's members on the practicing, He liked to watch people exercising even he wasn't good at sport.

"You see the handsome boy who plays really good? The one who made a score just now"

Kibum nodded slowly.

"That's my man, my best pal. His name is Minho"

Suddenly Minho came to them and sat next to Jonghyun and they started talking. Kibum only stared at them because he didn't know what they were talking about, it wasn't about the language that he was having problem with, and it was the topic.

"Kibum, could you buy some drinks for us? Buy for you too, of course"

Kibum nodded and Jonghyun gave some money to Kibum. Kibum ran to the mini canteen near the court. Jonghyun sighed a bit, and Minho surely knew that Jonghyun was a bit depressed at that time.

"Okay, so, what's wrong with you? And who's that boy? He looks beautiful"

"He's new guy in my class. His name is Kim Kibum..."

"WHAT?! You're kidding me right?!"

"No, I'm not kidding you. And you know what; I had a dream about him yesterday night. The worst part is that I realized that the only Kibum that always comes to my dream is my Kibum from the past. And yeah, he's beautiful"

"Oh man, you're sick!"

"And I'm scared that this Kibum could replace my past Kibum somehow...."

"Seriously? Could you?"

---

"Jonghyun, could you hold my bag for awhile? I need to go to the toilet"

Jonghyun nodded and took Kibum's bag. Kibum ran quickly to the toilet because he couldn't bear it anymore. Jonghyun sat on the bench and put Kibum's bag next to him. And in a few seconds, the bag was opened by Jonghyun with `I just wanted to know more about him` as reason.

Jonghyun pulled out all the things from the bag and suddenly a red ribbon was out from the bag and felt to the floor. Jonghyun picked it up and got surprised. How could it be....?

"Hey, why are you pulling out all the stuffs from my bag?"

SNAP! Jonghyun was shocked. Kibum picked up his books and stuffs, didn't realize that his ribbon was in Jonghyun's hand. Kibum pulled his bag from Jonghyun and put his stuffs inside it and then sat next to the-still-shocked Jonghyun.

"Jonghyun...? Are you okay?"

Jonghyun didn't answer it. He only stared at Kibum who was totally gotten no clue.

"J-Jonghyun...? A-Are you okay? H-heyy"

Jonghyun still didn't answer. He didn't even move.

"Am I annoyed you? I-I'll just go then"

Kibum stood up and was about to walk but he stopped when suddenly Jonghyun held his wrist tightly. Kibum turned his head and stared at Jonghyun's face. Jonghyun's face was different; it was a mix of anger, confusion, happy, and others that he even couldn't say it.

"Where did you get this ribbon?"

Kibum was shocked as Jonghyun showed his ribbon. The red ribbon. Kibum turned around and tried to take his ribbon back, but it was useless because Jonghyun's grip was too tight to the ribbon.

"Jonghyun! Give it back! It's mine~!"

"Where did you get this ribbon?!"

"Jonghyun! Give-"

PLAKK!

Jonghyun unconsciously slapped Kibum's cheek hardly. So he just stared at Kibum's red face. Kibum held his cheek, it was hot. Jonghyun was blank, he really didn't know what happened just now to him and what he did to do with Kibum. Kibum stepped backward as Jonghyun stepped forward to him. They both stared at each other, Jonghyun with his worried eyes and Kibum with his teary eyes.

"Ki-Kibum..."

Kibum just pulled his ribbon harshly from Jonghyun's hand so he got it. He took his bag and ran away from Jonghyun.

Jonghyun stared at his red palm, the palm that slapped Kibum's soft white cheek. Suddenly he screamed so loud. His scream became louder and louder. He glanced at big tree near him and suddenly punched it again and again while screaming.

And it started bleeding...

---

[N/A] : This is the second update for today! enjoy this guys! I love youuu *hugs* ♥