A Day Without Kibum

We Are Just Different

"Can you stop following me?"

Jonghyun said while holding his candy. He felt annoyed after Kibum followed him everywhere in an hour, even when he went to the toilet. But Kibum only grinned widely, looked as innocent as usual. His cheeks looked red, may be because the cold weather.

"Jonghyun is Kibum's best friend, so Kibum follows Jonghyun. Is Kibum wlong?"

"It's wrong, not wlong, Kibum"

Kibum could only laugh at his little mistake. Even they were in the same ages, Jonghyun talked better than Kibum. But people found Kibum was cuter, because of his oh-so-cute-misspelling words. Jonghyun sighed and walked to the sandbox, of course he knew that Kibum was behind him, following him.

"Do you want to play in the sandbox too?"

Kibum nodded. Jonghyun stretched his hand and Kibum took it. Jonghyun helped him to enter the sandbox. It's not like Jonghyun really wanted to play with Kibum, but he was scared that if Kibum fell down, he would cry so loud and he didn't knew how to stop it. They both sat on the sand as they started playing the sand.

Jonghyun took some pails to play with; of course he took some for Kibum too. They both started to build their own fantasy sand castles. Jonghyun looked like he did it seriously even he did it normally, he was having fun. And Kibum, yeah, he looked like only put the sand into the pail and then pour it again to the box, chuckled, and did it again happily. 2 different kinds of children.

"I'm finished"

Kibum turned his head after heard Jonghyun's voice. Yeah, Jonghyun was finished his sandcastle. Jonghyun smiled proudly at his sandcastle. Kibum looked at it excitedly, and when he moved, he accidentally fell down and made Jonghyun's sandcastle broken. Jonghyun stared at his broken castle and Kibum. Kibum stood up and looked at Jonghyun. Jonghyun looked like he was mad and Kibum looked like he was scared and about to cry.

"Ki-Kibum is-"

Jonghyun suddenly walked away. Kibum, of course, followed him and started crying. He repeated `I'm Sorry` again and again but Jonghyun seemed like didn't care.

One of their teachers came and stopped them. She hugged the crying Kibum and looked at the mad Jonghyun with her lovely caring eyes.

"What happened? Why is Kibum crying?"

"He broke my sandcastle. It's his fault!"

Jonghyun looked like he was scared, maybe because he thought his teacher would scold him because Kibum was crying. Kibum stared at Jonghyun and suddenly his crying became more louder, and it surprised Jonghyun and their teacher.

"Kibum is sorry. K-Kibum won't do that anymole. Jonghyun is still Kibum's best friend raight?"

---

Jonghyun was sitting on the swing, playing alone. Yes, he was alone until suddenly Kibum ran to the swing next to him and sat there. Jonghyun acted like he didn't see Kibum. Kibum started pushing his own swing, but yeah, he couldn't make it rightly.

"Jonghyun, could you help me?"

Jonghyun still played with his swing, didn't want to stop and help Kibum. Kibum stared at Jonghyun confusedly. Kibum tried to swing his swing but he just couldn't make it. He whined again and again.

"Jonghyun~ Help me"

Jonghyun sighed and stopped swinging his and walked to Kibum. He slowly pushed Kibum's swing so Kibum could play happily. Jonghyun sighed hearing the chuckling Kibum.

"Kibum, can you not bother me even only for a day?"

"Am I annnoyingg?"

"Kinda"

Kibum bit his lips and he was about to cry. Luckily Kibum's mother came suddenly so Kibum didn't cry and went home with his mother, leaving Jonghyun alone again near the swing.

---

Jonghyun sat on his seat and Kibum was about to sit next to him, but suddenly Kibum turned left and sat a bit far from Jonghyun. Jonghyun stared at Kibum and felt confused. Why suddenly he moved away from me?, Jonghyun thought.

And the class started. Kibum had to choose his partner for his painting and Jonghyun surely thought he would be the one Kibum chose, but he was wrong. Kibum chose one of the girls, cute girl with cherry pink headband. Jonghyun was surprised for the second time. So he chose one of his football mates.

It was free time when all the children could play outside. Jonghyun was playing with his friends in the slide, but no Kibum there. Kibum was playing with the girls, playing with all the cooking stuff with him as the `father`. He laughed a lot there and Jonghyun felt so jealous. It wasn't like Jonghyun being jealous with Kibum because he could play with the girls, it was because all the girls made Kibum laughed, laughed louder than he could.

Kibum didn't play with Jonghyun all the day, didn’t talk to him, and not even sat next to him and it made Jonghyun felt weird. As usual, Jonghyun and Kibum were the last to be picked up. Kibum played in the sand box and Jonghyun played the swing. Jonghyun sighed and suddenly walked to Kibum.

"Tell me why you didn't play with me"

Kibum only stared at Jonghyun red face. Jonghyun was sad, confused, and angry. And Jonghyun, for the first time, felt like wanna cry because of Kibum. And after realizing that, Kibum was panic. He never saw Jonghyun like that.

"You asked me to"

"I never asked you to"

"Yes you asked me. Yesterday"

"No I didn't"

Jonghyun, truly, remembered the moment he said that he wanted Kibum not to bother him. But somehow he realized that he needed Kibum all the time and the day without Kibum was the worst day ever. He truly didn't like it, SO MUCH!

Jonghyun suddenly cried and it made Kibum more panic. Kibum hugged him and patted his back. Jonghyun hugged Kibum back, so tight. Kibum said `don't cry` again and again to Jonghyun and Jonghyun said `I'm sorry` again and again to Kibum.

After a while, Jonghyun stopped crying and they broke the hug. Jonghyun's eyes became swollen and red. Kibum gave a candy to Jonghyun, hoped it would make Jonghyun felt better. Jonghyun took at and smiled widely to Kibum.

"Don't ignore me again, understand?"

"So Jonghyun need Kibum, raight?"

"No, it's just weird when I'm not with you, it doesn't mean that I need you"

"I don't care, Jonghyun need Kibum"

Kibum smiled widely and Jonghyun smiled too.

Yeah, maybe I needed you...

---

[N/A] : I bring a new chapter of JongKey's childhood! uaaaa who want to bite them? >////< next chapter is when they are older ;D hope you enjoy this chapter and I love youu ♥