1st Day of School

We Are Just Different

"Hello... My name is Kim Kibum. I'm new in this class. I hope you all want to be my friends"

A big smile plastered on his chubby face. It was his first day in that kindergarten and he felt so nervous but happy at the same time.

"All of you want to be Kibum's friend, right?"

"Yes"

Kibum's smile went wider and made his chubby cheeks looked chubbier. He wore sailor-like clothes, one of his favorite clothes. And there was a red ribbon on his hand that he held so tightly.

The teacher leaded him to sit on the only empty seat in the class. After she felt sure that Kibum was comfortable on his seat, she went back to her seat, in front of the class. Kibum stared at his chair mate. Big eyes, chubby cheeks - but Kibum's cheeks were chubbier of course, a white T-shirt with `I LOVE DINO` and cute dinosaur printed on it, light brown pants and brown shoes made his chair mate looked so cute.

"My name is Ki-"

"I don't care. Just go away"

Kibum was all shocked by the answer. He never got any reply like that, NEVER. Everyone always replied his nicely, everyone except that boy, his chair mate. He was about to cry when suddenly someone tapped his shoulder softly. He turned his head and saw a girl standing behind him with a smile on his face.

"Don't cry. He always acts like that, he only want to play with the naughty boys. Come on, let's play with the others. They are nice"

Kibum looked at his chair mate, hoping that he wouldn't let him to go, but alas his chair mate just didn't care about him, he was busy with his self. So he just nodded and let that girl pulled him away from his chair mate. Even he already played with the other cute and nice friends, he still wanted to know about his chair mate and play with him who played happily with other boys.

---

"Jonghyun, just play here until your mom comes and picks you up, okay?"

Jonghyun nodded and his teacher left him in the outside playground. He used to play alone when everyone was picked up by their parents. He ran to the slide and started to climb the ladder. When he slid down, he saw Kibum slowly walked towards him and somehow he thought that it was cute. He still sat on the edge of the slide until Kibum stood in front of him, smiled widely.

"So your name is Jonghyun"

Jonghyun didn't give any respond but only stared back at the smiling boy. He saw some liquid below his nose and he sighed. It was Kibum's snot. He shook his head, only making the smiling boy became confused.

"Yes I am, and you're disgusting"

Suddenly Kibum's smile faded away, his eyes became red and teary. His face became red too. And of course Jonghyun knew what happened to this boy and he knew it for sure that he was the cause, again. Kibum was about to cry.

"Okay, okay, you're not disgusting. You're just dirty boy"

Jonghyun thought that his words would make Kibum stopped sobbing, because even Jonghyun weren't closed to him, he didn't want to make him cried. He thought that his words were nicer than the first one, but alas, it made the situation became worse. Kibum's eyes became wetter, he bit his lower lip softly, and his face became redder.

"Okay, okay. You're cute even you have little snot on your face, below your nose. Don't cry"

Suddenly all of the sadness from Kibum's face was gone. He wiped away his snot with his left palm and smiled widely after he thought that he was all cleaned. Jonghyun sighed after saw that.

"Kibum caught flu 2 days ago, so Kibum has this"

Once again, Kibum smiled so wide. He was too innocent to be true. Jonghyun sighed again. He took Kibum's right hand and pulled him to an outdoor sink. Kibum could only stare at Jonghyun - because he didn't have any idea about what Jonghyun was going to do.

Jonghyun turned the tap on then wet his own hands with the water. With his wet hands, he wiped Kibum's snot away from his face and quickly wet his hands again, and did it again and again until he felt that Kibum's face was cleaned then he washed his hands because after he finished that, he found it dirty, again. He pulled Kibum's left hand and washed it too. Kibum only stared at Jonghyun who was busy with all the cleaning methods.

"Cleaned"

Jonghyun turned off the tap and dried Kibum's wet hand with his T-shirt.

"Kibum is sorry. Jonghyun's clothes became dirty because of Kibum's wet hand"

"It's okay"

Kibum pulled his hands from Jonghyun and tried to get something from his pocket. Jonghyun only stared at him, didn't know what the heck Kibum was doing. After a few seconds Kibum smiled widely and pulled out a red ribbon, the same red ribbon that he held tightly in the morning. He pulled Jonghyun hand and put his ribbon on Jonghyun's palm and smiled wider.

"Jonghyun is Kibum's best friend"

Jonghyun's eyes suddenly became wider as Kibum's smiled became wider - as if he could.

"I'm not you best friend!"

Suddenly Jonghyun regretted the thing he did just now. Kibum's eyes became red and teary; his mouth made a cute pout, and his cheeks became red too. He was about to cry again. He never, N-E-V-E-R, accepted any refusal.

"Okay, Jonghyun is Kibum's best friend"

Kibum suddenly smiled widely and his cheeks looked so chubby - so chubby that might make you want to bite him because of the cuteness overloaded! Jonghyun smiled at him, for the first time. Jonghyun learned something that day, Kibum was easy to make him cried and never wanted to accept any refusal.

"Ah, that's my mommy. Kibum wants to go home"

"Just go home then"

Kibum's mom walked to Kibum slowly and squatted next to him. Jonghyun only stared at them without blinking. No wonder Kibum was pretty even he was a boy, his mom was very beautiful. She hugged Kibum and held him up. She pulled out a colorful lollipop from her bag and gave it to her lovely son. Noticing a boy that stared at them, she pulled out another colorful lollipop and gave it to Jonghyun.

"Thank you for playing with Kibum today"

She smiled at Jonghyun and he smiled back to her. She tightened her hug a bit and slowly walked away from her place. Kibum stared at him and waved his hand to Jonghyun cutely. And slowly Jonghyun waved his hand too, with a smile on his face.

So from now I'm his best friend.

---

[N/A] : This is their first meeting at school! baby!JongKey is just so asdffghjkl *put them in my pocket and run away* *slapped* :p I hope you'll enjoy this ;D and FYI, this fic for a few chapters will have a forward-backward kind of plot, so please don't get confused ;D Love you all ♥