Manager Kim

Sincerely, from Me
It was a normal day, after working for a new report regarding the new product that our company was going to release, a meeting was called out and my manager wanted my presence to be there as well. So, I followed my manager into the meeting room and helped him with documents that were needed for the presentation. 
 
While he was presenting, I couldn't help but feel nervous at the thought after this, it would be my turn to present. I wasn't the type to get nervous so easily, but not in front of my manager. Somehow, he managed to pluck out all of my courage and left me diffident. 
 
He had the nickname 'cold-hearted man' and thus, making me stay away from him any chance I got and any reason I could use. I wasn't afraid of him, but there was a different aura, surrounding him, and I couldn't be sure how in the name of heaven did the aura form around him.
 
"And this is how we are going to increase the sales." he ended his presentation and bowed to everyone. 
 
I stood aside and let him sank into the chair I was sitting before. He took a sip of the water prepared by the staffs before the meeting started and cast a glance at me. "Good luck Vanessa. I have faith in you." 
 
It was weird, hearing that from him. He was the one that took away all of my confidence but he had faith in me. And yet, I was flattered and butterflies were flying in my stomach. Where was all the sense in this?
 
"Ne Sajangnim!" I replied and nodded firmly. I can do this, I thought.
 
I gathered up the report I had just finish preparing and stood in front of the projector and also, all the other people who are at higher ranks in this meeting. 
 
"Good morning. I will now present the my idea of how we should advertise our new Product; L Cream and also how we can increase the sells for the other products by 20% in the end of next month." I started off and used the slide I prepared for this presentation and avoided any eye contact with my manager.
 
"And with that, I will end my presentation here." I ended the presentation and bowed to everyone just like how  my manager did. 
 
A round of applause was given to me and I couldn't hide my surprise.
 
"I'm impressed Vanessa. I can't say how surprised I was when Myungsoo told me you've just joined our company for only 2 months. You've got potential Vanessa. Keep up  the good work." one of the share holders of our company complimented me and left the room with the others, except, my manager.
 
I wasn't aware of that until I've finished clearing up every thing and kept all the documents in my files.
 
"Well done, Vanessa. I guess I taught you well." 
 
I turned around and saw my manager, eyeing at me amusingly. I staggered back and blushed. He was different suddenly. His tie was loosened together with his collar, revealing his collarbones. I knew he went to the gym to work out every weekend, but his working outfits had done a good job in hiding his masculine figure. I finally understood then, the reason why most of the female staffs in the office would always try to get his attention. 
 
"I never thought you could be so attractive." his sudden comment snapped me out of my thoughts. "Do you think the same of me?"
 
Supposedly, I should be feeling shy and hot and like how the girls in all the anime did, but I didn't. All because his eyes showed me something else, something that told me he wasn't flirting. He meant it.
 
"I-" 
 
"Let's go. I will treat you for dinner tonight." he cut me off before I could give him an answer and left the room.
 
I hurried out of the room and packed my belongings and headed to his office as soon as I finished arranging the documents.
 
I knocked the door and entered his office hesitantly. "It was just a dinner. And he's my  manager, there's nothing wrong with it." I told myself and let the door closed on its own.
 
"You're ready? Let's go then." he lift his head from his desk and stared at me with his beautiful eyes, how could I have not realized his beauty?
 
"Yeah." I answered and nodded to him. A habit of mine. 
 
He got up from his desk and took his bag. "My car is at the basement. It's quite near, so wait outside the building and I'll come fetch you shortly."
 
I nodded and again and avoided looking at him. He was different for a man to behave this, but tonight, he was beyond different.
 
I waited outside the building like he said, but no matter how long I've waited, he didn't appear. 
 
Suddenly, there were noises everywhere, shadows were appearing. It was late at night, and I started to feel scared, I wanted to scream but I was afraid that I might disturb the others. So I closed my eyes and hoped that everything would go away.
 
And then, I heard giggles and laughter suddenly, I opened my eyes to see what was going on, just to realized the shadows were my colleagues. 
 
"What are you guys going at here at this time?" I asked and backed away. Suddenly, one my close colleages; Hoya, shouted something, I didn't hear him properly, but I definitely noticed that everyone was backing away so that a path was cleared. 
 
At the end of the path, stood a person. I couldn't see that person, it was too far for me to tell whether it was a he or she. And then, that person started to walk toward me. Slowly and quietly. As he closed in, his face was clear, it was my manager, Kim Myungsoo. He was holding a bouquet full of roses and his shirt was and tie were back in it's places. Not revealing any part of his skin that I saw before in the meeting room.
 
"Would you be my girlfriend?" he knelt down suddenly and looked into my eyes without even blinking. I stood for a long time, staring back at him, at the surrounding, at all the colleagues. Was this a dream?
 
He saw my expression and bit his lips and lowered his head in disappointment. 
 
"YA VANESSA ARE YOU DUMB?! GIVE HIM AN ANSWER! YES OR NO?!" Hoya shouted and messed with his own hair.
 
"I know I have been cold to you and acting like a weirdo but I didn't mean it. I just...I'm just not good at expressing myself. I didn't like you at first but as soon as you were officially recruited as my assistant and proved how different you are from the other women, I knew from the very moment that you're the only one for me, you're my destiny."
 
I opened my mouth but nothing came out, so was this what formed the aura that I had always sense around him? If so, did that aura reflected my feelings as well?
 
Myungsoo stood up suddenly and smiled at me, bitterly. "I get it, I should've expected this." he added suddenly and he made a move to throw the bouquet into the nearest rubbish bin. I panicked then, 'no' was not my answer. I had to do something but my mouth wouldn't cooperate with me. And instead, I hugged him. "Don't go. I...I didn't say no." 
 
"But you didn't say yes either."
 
"GOD DAMN IT KIM MYUNGSOO I LOVE YOU!" and I shouted the unexpected.
 
Myungsoo turned around and hugged me almost instantly. "SHE ACCEPTED ME! SHE LOVES ME!" he shouted and hugged me more tightly.
 
"Congratulations bro, I told she would accept you. She sees you differently." Hoya said and almost whispered to Myungsoo at the last part.
 
"There's no backing away, you can't leave me Vanessa. You're mine." Myungsoo let me go and slid his hand into mine. I rolled my eyes as Myungsoo made the announcement that tonight, he'll treat everyone at the most expensive restaurant in Korea.
 
Everyone cheered and went to get their cars to head on to the destination. When no one but the two of us were left alone Myungsoo gave me a peck on my cheek.
 
"I hope I can do that everyday."
 
I smiled and urged him that we should hurry up and head to restaurant.He smiled and left to get his car like a puppy who had just finished a delicious and satisfying meal.
 
Don't worry Myungsoo ya, you can do that everyday and night.