The End?

Remember me( ONESHOT)

______’s Pov

“Annoyeong haseyo  Miss Kwon! Visiting Mr lee again? ” The receptionist greeted me brightly.

“Ne,” I answered with my usual smile.

Carrying a basket of fried chicken I walked through the corridors, making the usual turn to the left and then to the last room on the right.

Routinely, I placed the basket gingerly on the side table and opened the window, allowing light and fresh air to flood the room.

I turned to look at Jinki who is still fast asleep. I settled down quickly and quietly, afraid of waking him up. With my last finger, I gently sweep away his fringe.

Just like every day, Jinki wakes up with a puzzled look on his face.

“Who are you and what are you doing in my room?!” He demanded, aiming his finger at me.

Despite the tears welling up, I took up courage to grinned, “I bought you some chicken!”

After a period of awkward silence, I took a careful step forward and opened the basket. His eyes widened in delight. He looks at me. “Go ahead and have some, I bought it just for you!” I added, still smiling.

He began to grab a piece, then another, eating with satisfaction. I stood at his side gazing at him when a flashback flooded my memory.

--------------------------------------------------Flashback----------------------------------------------------

“______-ah, will you marry me when we grow up?” Jinki said as he was holding  your hand, strolling at a slower pace.

“Well, I might have to reconsider marrying a clumsy boy.” You teased.

He stopped walking and let go of your hand. Looking back, you see him facing down, his arms by his side.

“Oppa! Wae? I was only joking! Of course I would marry you! Oppa, please don’t be like this!” You panicked while trying to explain. Suddenly a chuckle came from Jinki. He looked up at you, still laughing at your reaction.

“YAH! LEE JINKI! HOW DARE YOU?!” In the midst of your anger, you chased him around the park.

He ran way ahead and unknowingly, you tripped and fell flat on the ground. You were about to cry when a pair of arms carried you up and embraced you, “______-ah, I’m really looking forward to marrying a Pabo like you. And I won’t let you get hurt, Ever.”

“P-Promis-se?” You sobbed.

“Promise, ______-ah” He smiled back.

-------------------------------------------------End of flashback-------------------------------------------------

 

Oppa, why are you breaking your promise already?

 

Narrator’s POV

______was brought back to reality when he finally asked for her name.

Just like yesterday and the days before, ______ introduced herself.

“My name is Kwon______. But you can call me ______.” she reached out her hand to him.

Jinki hesitated before leaning forward for a friendly handshake.

“As a stranger, you’re really nice though.” He muttered.

The word stranger hit her as hard as ever.

He looks hard, searching for any memory of ______, but again there was nothing.

“So, do I know you? You seem very familiar but I just can’t recall anything about you.” He questioned again.

“I’m just a friend of yours.” ______ replied.

 

Oppa, why have you forgotten about me?

 

______ said the same lines for the hundredth time, and replayed the same questions over and over again in her mind. Opening up her wound every time the lines are repeated.

“Does time really heal all wounds?”, ______ asked herself.

After all this years of waiting and hoping that his memories will soon be retrieved, is it really worth it?  What if he’ll never remember?

“Thanks a lot for the chicken anyway!” He grinned at ______.

Knowing that it’s her arranged marriage tomorrow, ______ she knew that she really have to move on.

Her soon-to-be husband really loves her anyway. She would have to find new happiness soon. But forgetting Jinki is hard when he is her everything.

______’s POV

 “______-ssi, will you come visit tomorrow?” Jinki pleaded like a child.

“Yeah, I”ll try...” I replied, then hugging him tightly before I walked out of the room.

Oppa, goodbye.

Narrator’s POV

______ ran out to the restroom, slid down onto the floor and released her pain quietly.