Part II

Will You Be Alright? (Two-Shot)

“Why are you smiling?” she asked me.

“Because the Shin SooAh I know is like a child. She will speak without thinking first and she will end up having problem in making the right decision,” I replied to her.

“You clumsy little girl… Why and where do you want to go? Will you be alright without me by your side?” I questioned her.

 

SooAh took a seat in front of me. She had not given an answer to my question. She stayed silent and did not make an eye contact with me. As I was looking at her, I saw that tears were slowly flowing out from her eyes. She began to cry.

 

What am I supposed to do now? How can I let her go? Why is she being like this? Did I offend her?  I began to panic as people were staring at our direction.

_____

 

“SooAh, look at me…” I instructed her as soon as she stopped crying. She obeyed me and slowly faced me. My heart was broken when I saw her swollen eyes due to crying so hard. I held onto her hands and assured her that everything will be fine.

 

“Do you want to speak to me now?” I asked. She nodded.

“Take your time. I will always be there to wait for you,” I was still holding on to her hands.

 

“I am confused,” she sighed.

“Why?” I was curious to know what was in her mind currently.

“We have been together for 8 years…” she paused.

“Are we dating each other or are we just best friend?” she continued.

 

It took me a while to think of an answer to her tough question. Why are you asking me this question now?  I wondered.

_____

 

SooAh was still waiting for my answer. I simply pointed at her and put my right palm on my chest, near the heart area.

 

“The answer is in there,” I told her.

 

SooAh sighed and she was in a deep thought. She probably did not understand what I meant.

 

“Have you found the answer?” I asked.

“What do you mean?” she was confused.

“What does your heart say?” I questioned her.

“It does not say anything…” she looked at me with those innocent eyes. Her reply made me chuckled.

_____

 

Her cell phone rang while we were still trying to figure out the answer for SooAh’s question. Instead of answering it, she stared at her cell phone and hesitated to answer the call. SooAh looked really pale too. Who could that person be?

 

“Why aren’t you answering it?” I asked.

“I don’t want…” she rejected the call.

“You are hiding something from me, aren’t you?” I assumed.

 

Before she could answer me, her cell phone rang again. It had been the third time since the caller called and SooAh kept on rejecting it. When it rang for the fourth time, I took her cell phone from her and accepted the call. I switched on the loudspeaker so that both SooAh and I could listen to the person talking.

 

YA SHIN SOOAH! Where have you been? I’ve waited for you in front of your house for three hours! Don’t tell me that you are still hanging out with your BEST FRIEND. Didn’t I tell you to break up with him? I can take care of you better than him! YA! Why aren’t you answering me?

 

“This is SooAh’s best friend talking. It’s not over between us. If I caught you contacting her again, you’re dead!” I hang up the call.  

_____

 

“So… Jang HyunSeung caused you doubt our relationship?” I questioned her.

“If he’s the one that you like, go on. I don’t mind,” I was being cool.

“I just need to tell you that even if you leave me, you can stay near me. We can still be close friends,” I added.

 

“But… That isn’t what I wanted,” she finally spoke up for the truth.

“I know I’m wrong. I know I’m like a little girl who cannot make up her mind. But whatever it is, I will not leave you because I know I will not be alright…” she paused.

“For 8 years of our relationship, I am aware that you have been the one keeping an eye on me, the one making me so special, the one entertaining me, the one tolerating me and the one who never stop loving me,” she stopped.

 

“Jang HyunSeung has been playing with my mind recently. He has been the one making me confuse and doubt about us. I just realized that he was talking crap about our relationship. For the past two hours, I had been walking back and fro from the café to the park near my house. I had been thinking about you and the moments we share together for 8 years. I did not know why I made such a stupid decision to leave you, my precious. Thank you for not giving up on me. I promise that this nonsense will not happen again and I will only trust you forever,” she was trying to hold on to her tears.

_____

 

“Honestly… I’m disappointed,” it was my turn to share my feelings.

“I’m really disappointed that you didn’t put the trust on me and our relationship,” I paused.

“I’m really really disappointed that you have to do this on the day…” I stopped and walked next to her.

“That I am going to propose to you,” I kneeled down in front of her.

 

I opened up my right palm and showed her a ring that I bought to propose her. Everyone in the café was looking at us and they were cheering for us.

 

“If it’s okay for you, will you be my wife so that I can be forever by your side?” I proposed. Instead of replying me, SooAh nodded. I put the ring on her right ring finger and hugged her. That day was really a special day for us as we would not be considered as best friends anymore but a real couple.  


Hello lovelies~ Yeah! The two-shot has ended. How is it? Did you enjoy reading it? Honestly, I have goosebumps while writing this. What about you? Please do comment and subscribe. Thank you!!