Minimarket

The Last Of You

Atsuko closed her eyes. She tried to shake out the weird feeling and wished that all of this was just a dream. Opening and closing her times repeatedly, she got dizzy. Leaning against the nearest wall, she sighed and looked at the girls again. they were still there, chatting. Atsuko sat down on the concrete road and looked around. It wasn't crowded at all. She noted a few couples and students here and there, but it wasn't full of people.

She looked back at where the girls stood and realised that they had disappeared. She was confused. Standing up, she approached the spot where the girls just stood. That's when she saw the girls entering the minimarket. Again, curiosity took over, urging her to go in and see what the girls are up to.

Entering the supermarket, Atsuko tried to hide her face. She didn't recall coming here with the others before. The only time she went to the minimarket with friends was during a picnic and it was located far away from where they are now.

"Harunyan~ Do you want strawberry or chocolate?" Tomomi asked.

"Umm... I'll have strawberry." Haruna answered, smiling.

They were holding a few sticks of ice cream and giggling.

"Harunyan, Tomochin, Mayuyu, Yukirin...." Atsuko muttered under her breath.

Atsuko hid behind the snacks corner. She spied on the girls through the spaces in between shelves. Her face was stiff at first, but it eventually melted. She warmed at the sight of her young friends enjoying their days. Feeling it was enough, she turned back. She was about to exit the minimarket when a few more familiar faces entered.

Minami, Yuko and Mariko.

The whole gang's here except me... Atsuko thought.

It upset her for a second but she decided to let it pass by. It was then when she realized something. She went to the newspaper rack and checked the date. It was the day half the class got chicken pox. Including her.

Sighing, she put it back. She shifted her eyes back to the group of girls and found them about to exit the store. She quickly followed suit. They laughed as they chatted and the fooled around too. Atsuko wasn't sure why she was following her, but oh well. They soon entered a road that was familiar to Atsuko. She turned her head to the left. Then the right. Then the left...

It was the way to her house.

And that's when she was hit by yet another realization. They went to her house to give her the notes she missed that day.

Atsuko smiled, still trailing behind them. At that exact moment, Minami turned around. Their eyes met. Atsuko stood there, not moving. Neither was Minami. Her heart started beating faster. It would be bad if Minami saw the future Atsuko.

"Takaminaaa!" Mariko called out.

"Hai?" Minami answered.

"Come on, let's go. Acchan must be feeling lonely." She answered.

"Hai!"

Minami then turned around and walked towards her friends. Atsuko was still standing there. She was dazed. Not long after though, a soft smile crept on to her face. She felt happy to have had caring friends.

 


Author's Note : Oh my god you guysss! I'm so sorry for not updating in a long time. So um, here's another chapter for you. I hope it's not too boring or anything... Um there's no song rec for now, but you can always check their channel and read this while listening to AKB's music, thanks!