Not Again!

The Last Of You

Long Distance Love Affair - DECO*27

 

Minami gently placed her bag on the tabletop and sat on the metal chair. She grabbed a handkerchief and wiped the old man's forehead with utmost carefulness. Minami's back was facing Atsuko, disabling Atsuko from looking at her expression then. She stayed there for a few more minutes but then she started to get tired. Minami didn't look like she was leaving until a few hours. Taking a deep breath, Atsuko dragged her feet to the nearest seat. Even then, nobody seemed to notice her presence. Slowly, her eyes drooped and she fell asleep.

 

---

 

Atsuko rose from her sleep to see that she was in the bus. She looked around, obviously confused.

Wait, what just happened? She mentally asked herself.

She switched on her phone and checked the date and time. It was the exact time she had rode on the bus before. She started to pull on her hairband in annoyance. That's when an idea struck her mind,

I just experienced a time slip.

Yes, she did. She breathed a sigh of relief that she was back in the present time, but at the same time she was curious. What actually did happen back in the hospital? She slid her hands around the corners of her feet to help her speculate. A few minutes had passed and she still got no idea what actually happened. Sighing, she checked her phone and texted the others wheteher or not have they arrived.

The first answer was from Yuko. She excitedly answered, not forgetting to insert lots of cute emoticons. Typical.

Next is Tomomi. She told her that she and and a few others have already arrived and started talking with each other.

---

Quickly, come!

- Tomochin

---

A simple text that made her even more excited to go to the reunion. But still, the thought of what had happened to Takamina still bugged her. And of course, the other thought of reuniting with Takamina is also bugging her.

Of all the times I could EVER experince a time slip, why now???

She groaned. The whole time slip thing is making her even more uncomfortable and jittery. It makes her think of what could have possibly happened to Takamina and how it probably affected her life. Not to mention how clueless that she, her bestfriend, has no idea what happened to Takamina resulting to the sudden cut in interaction.

After 5 minutes of overthinking, she arrived at the reunion site. Well, to the nearest bus stop from the site anyways. She exited the bus and walked over to where her high school friends gathered. Oh youth, she thought as she breathed in the fresh air emitted from all the trees around her. Just as she was about to turn towards the left, she had an uneasy feeling.

Her eyes blurred for a second before coming back into focus. She didn't take note of what happened, thinking it was just a trick of light. But then she saw something that made her head spin all over again. She saw her friends.

Yes, her high school friends.

With student uniforms.

Oh God, not again!

 


Author's Note: Hellooo~! Did you guys miss me? Oh yes you diddd ^^ So I know I promised you an update before Wednesday, so here it is! Sorry for the long hiatus, school's been a . But well, life goes on. Hope you enjoyed this short chap. Not much happened, but I'm thinking of doing faster updates once exams are over (which still like, a month a way). Thanks for reading!