C-4

Adopted Little Sister

Author’s POV

Her smiles fade away. This is it. She had been so sure that this day will come. The day everyone will ask about her action. It all will start with WHY, WHY and WHY.

She left out heavy sight. She knows that she needs to explain why, but right now, she’s not ready yet. Although she’s not the only one who is hurt with the past, but she’s confident that she’s the worst. At such a young age, she’s involved with a super big problem.

Sometimes she keeps wondering why out of all humans in this world, she’s the chosen one? Why she can’t be happy like others? Yes, she did enjoy happiness in her life, but as soon as the secret is revealed, in just a blink of eyes, the happiness is snatched away from her.

“Ri-ah,”

Here’s another sight. “Oppa, I’m not ready yet to talk about that.” She said and closed her eyes. As a signal she doesn’t want the topic to be discussed.

Sunggyu leaned on the couch. He’s deadly curious right now. But, he doesn’t want to force his sister to tell the whole story. Maybe she does need more times to be ready.

“Hmm, it’s okay. I understand. But you have to promise me that you’ll tell me the whole thing later. When you’ve ready, okay?”

“Mmm” she replied.

It became awkward between them. She’s closing her eyes, but he knows that she’s not sleeping at all as he can see the eyeball of her eyes is moving underneath the lid.

“So, how’s your life there?”

“Good”

“Did you eat well?”

“Yup”. That’s it. She replied with short answer without intended to ask him some question to continue their conversation.

“Sis, please don’t be like this. We just had a fun conversation earlier. Please don’t give me a cold treat.” Sunggu said.

“Oppa, I’m sorry but my mood just turned upside down when you talk about ‘that’ just now.”

“Okay, okay. I promise not to bring the topic anymore. You can tell me later.”

“Promise?”

“Yes my princess. I, KIM SUNGGYU, your smart and handsome and nice and..”

“Arasso , arasso. Tsk, you’ve never changed huh? YUCCKKSS.”

He laughed. And so her.

They became silent for a while. “Oppa”

“Yup?”

“How’s the baby?”