Rollerblade Girl

Rollerblade Girl

It all started with a very odd dream about Sunny in roller blade :)
In my dream, there was a little girl holding her waist and she glided them up the street. Very absurd. Lol. If every dream has relation and meaning to my subconscious mind like Freudian would suggest, well, I just don't know what relation it has XDD

 

Here we go, enjoy :)

 

***

Werr... Werrr....

 

The strange sound made his head snapped to where it sounded from. On the count of three, he saw a girl clad in spotlight green Adidas thin jacket with white tee inside and a knee length black tight. Her hair was short blonde. Not too short that she could tie it up to a small ponytail behind her head, adorned with dark purple bow.

 

The girl bent her body down a bit to pump the speed on her legs since the road was a little bit steep. Then there she was, glided past him who was sitting in the open area of that small coffee shop. The wind that blew around her as she worked on the speed made small locks on the sides of her face flew backwards. The bright blonde girl lips broke into a smile as she felt the cool breeze on her face.

 

To him, it was a three seconds of dream-like experience. Three seconds of thrilling moment. Three seconds of butterflies sensation in his stomach, which took his breath away.

 

What was that? He thought as he looked at the small back of the blonde girl who already glided away on her rollerblade. The small figure caught his attention. The small shoulder got him wondered. The swaying small hips sent him to a dreamy state. In another count of three, the girl vanished behind a turn.

 

He slapped both his cheeks with his own hands, hoping that his mind would return to its normal state. He lifted his cup of latte, put the tip of the cup on his lips, and took a sip, trying to calm down his shocked nerves.  What did he just see? Was that a very pretty extraterrestrial being, since her bright blonde hair and her milky white skin seemed to belong to an intergalactic species.

 

He sat there for another hour, hoping that the  pretty alien would glided back up that road. But no, she didn’t glide there again. The brown haired guy had to sigh before tidying up his things. Gone was his mood for studying because of that three seconds of mind boggling moment. He stuffed his books and stationary in his backpack somewhat messily before heading back to his dorm.

 

His next few afternoons were spent in that very coffee shop, still hoping that the girl would glide her way there. But it was a useless effort. The petite blonde girl didn’t show up. For what it felt like a million light years for him, the weekend was finally arrived.

 

He sat on his favorite seat under the umbrella in the open space of that very coffee shop. He ordered the very same latte, hoping that the hot beverage would give him luck. His study gear were ready, all were set on the small iron round table of rusty color, but every other second, his head jerked to the mouth of that alley.

 

“Please show up. Please show up. Please show up,” he muttered in low voice as if he was chanting the girl to come out of the blue mist like the magicians were usually do, or zapped into space  by a swirl of warp zone.

 

Three seconds later, his desperate pleading was being answered. The girl, the beautiful, the goddess-like extraterrestrial being (if ET has goddesses) showed up. This time, she was wearing a shocking pink jacket with black top inside and biking short. The short blonde hair girl was still on her roller blade, but this time, she let her hair down. The breeze flew the slightly curly locks on her head.

 

She looked happy with what she was doing, because he found her smiling again, despite having to pump up the steep road. However, she didn’t smile to herself like she did before. She turned her head a little to her back. A little boy just as tall as her chest held his hands on her hips. In return, she secured the little hands on her hips with her own hands. Together they glided up the street before vanishing before the turn.

 

Starring into the now empty street, he found himself stood up from his seat. Perhaps, he was unconsciously wanting to come to her and greet her, but there was no way he did that. She was too fast for his liking. Too fast to get him on the side of the street and catch her attention.

 

Sighing deeply, he tidied up all his belongings and put it back into his backpack. The rather bulky guy picked up his paper cup and brought it back with him to his car. Slightly disheartened, he drove back to his dorm.

 

The next week, he came prepared. He still ordered the same latte and sat with his text books. However that day, he chose a table which was right beside the street. Sungmin was still unsure of what to do the time he saw her glided up the street, but he hoped that he has all his luck on his sleeves.

 

That brown hair guy checked on his watch. It was 3 pm already, and she would come any minute. Like in the count of . . . one . . . two . . . three . . . Gliding up from the road below was that girl. The sound of her Rollerblade reverberated in the air.

 

Sungmin was getting even more anxious. He certainly couldn't come up with any idea to make her stop her track, yet the time is tight. He reached for the pen on the table and twirling it unconsciously, while his feet couldn't stop tapping at the concrete ground below. His head kept turning on that certain direction, while his brain was racking itself to try to draw any ideas. He even thought about some silly, nonsensical ones.

 

However, as she was coming closer, he felt the soft breeze around him. It was strong enough to make some dry leaves rustling on the ground, but not strong enough to make the short stack of papers on his desk flown away. So, he grabbed some sheets of paper from the stack and held them on his opened palms, so one by one the papers were carried away by the wind.

 

"Ah, my notes!" he mock exclaimed as she was passing right beside him. His arms flailing in vain, pretending to chase and catch the blown papers.

 

The blonde extra terrestrial being, or goddess--according to him--glanced at him in a split of second before stopping on her track and bent her body to help him picked up the papers from the ground. Sungmin took a stride to collect the rest on the ground.

 

"Here," she handed the papers to Sungmin.

 

The girl was wearing a loose grey tank and sky blue short pants this time, he noticed. Enough to just cover her bum. His eyes inadvertently trailed down her milky, somehow radiating thigh. How soft and supple they were it seemed.

 

Focus, Sungmin. He mentally slapped himself and dragged his eyes up again, although reluctantly. But when his eyes met hers, all other physical attractions and distractions were gone. Her hazel eyes captured his soul, made him lost in the pink universe of love.

 

"Hello? Earth to you," she waved the papers in front of his blank face.

 

Earth to you? Earth to me? Earth? Me? Dammit! She's indeed an alien. He thought.

 

"Y-yes. T-Thank you," he answered. Hands reached to receive the messy bundle of papers.

 

"No prob," she was smiling when she slightly scrunched her face. "Now if you'll excuse me." She glided forward.

 

He felt as if a pink lightning struck him. What's that? Was that a wink?

 

"W-wait," his tongue was already ahead of his mind.

 

She turned around to face him. The bright blonde short locks flew around her face. "Yes?"

 

"Um... Name . . . May I know your name?" Sungmin finally blurted out the question.

 

She titled her head, as if considering. Then she replied, "Sunny. It's Lee Sunny."

 

"Sunny. . . I'm Sungmin. Umm . .  You have. . . I mean, can you . . . I mean can I buy you a cup of coffee?"

 

The later smiled. "I think I should accept the offer."

 

Sungmin high-fived himself mentally. He quickly ushered her to his table, cleared up the other books and papers and put it in a stack. and personally ordered the coffee.

 

Being completely lost about time and space, they sat there and chatted. Odd, as it was their first encounter, but they were being comfortable with each other. They said goodbye after two cups of coffee macchiato for Sunny and three iced latte for Sungmin. The newly met friends agreed to meet in that shop again next week by the same time.

 

***

 

"Thank you, miss," said the delivery guy when she stuffed a handsome sum of tip into his hand.

 

The giver just smiled in return before she closed her apartment door. She bent to pick the package on the foyer and carried it inside. The seventy centimeter square package was wrapped in with hard carton. It was quite thick to be a framed painting or framed photo.

 

The package were laid on the coffee table before the lady of small stature started to rip open the plastic wrapper. It was indeed a frame, but unlike usual frame which was thin, it was thick instead. The frame was simple and white colored.

 

She ripped it off all its wrapping and carried the frame to the empty wall, which was nailed already. The tiny lady put the frame down to drag a chair underneath the nail and she started to climb the chair and hang the frame. She adjusted the frame until it was well balance before hopping off the chair.

 

Satisfied with her work, she stared into the items inside with a smile. It was a pair of battered roller blades, a wedding invitation and a preserved bouquet of white flowers, decorated with white satin and organdy ribbons.

 

"The package has arrived, I see," a man whispered into her ears as his hands s around her tiny waist. He breathed in her scent while nuzzling his nose on the nape of her neck.

 

"Yep. I think it would take three months or more to preserve it."

 

They stood in silent for some moment, just staring at the mementos of their happy moment together. Three years later after the fateful meeting, the couple walked down the aisle as the church bell chimes, giving its approval and blessing. Its the end of a journey, and another beginning of a new one ahead.

 

"I remember the day I saw you gliding up the street. I kinda miss your blinding hair, and I certainly miss seeing you in that roller blades. You look somehow y," he pushed the hair behind her ear with his nose and softly kissed the back of her ear.

 

"So you would like to see me in it again?" the latter asked.

 

"I'd like to, but it can wait 8 months later," said Sungmin. His hands were gently the still flat belly of hers. "I love you, my stunning alien."

 

Sunny laughed. She turned her body to face him, "You and your crazy imagination. But I love you too, human." She gave him the sweetest eye smile before closing the gap and pulling him into a deep passionate kiss.