Promise to Stay

IMPOSSIBLE - BANGTAN SCENARIO COLLECTION

“I want to break up with you…” said a man to the girl in front of him.

The girl stared at her boyfriend with teary eyes while sobbing. “B-but, why? Why, James? WHY?” asked her, still can’t believe what just happened.

“You say that you love me! You promise that our relationship will stay forever! YOU PROMISE THAT JAMES! DON’T YOU REMEMBER?” yelled her in frustration.

Her boyfriend’s face remained cold and she had urged to punch him. “Sorry, Jane. But I love another girl… Good bye.” He walked away.

 

Jinah wiped the tears on her cheek, the drama is too sad for her. She’s watching a drama named, ‘Good Bye’ in her living room right now.

Suddenly, her sad eyes changed as someone flicked her forehead, “YAK!” yelled her.

“Pabo,” mocked a guy who just sat beside her.

She gritted her teeth hearing what that guy said, “Yak Park Jimin! How dare you called me Pabo!?” The guy named Jimin clicked his tongue, “What else I should call for the girl that cries because a stupid cliché romance drama? Stupid? Or idiot, huh?”

Jinah crossed her arms, “But that drama isn’t stupid!”

“It is!”

“It is NOT!”

Jimin rolled his eyes, “Whatever.” He grabbed the remote on the small table and changed the channel into a sport channel. He ignored Jinah as he watch the basketball match on the TV.

Jinah pouted, her eyes suddenly became sad again as she think about something, “Jimin-ah…” called her.

“Hmm?” answered him without looking at her. His eyes still focus on TV. She sighed, “Yak, Park Jimin…” called her for the second time.

Jimin who still focus on the basketball match said, “Wae?” She leaned her body to him and laid her head on his shoulder.

“Am I ugly?” asked her.

“No, you’re the second prettiest girl in my life after my mom.” Jinah’s eyes became sadder when Jimin answered her question. It’s not become she’s number 2 but she hates the fact that Jimin didn’t pay attention to her and busy watching the match.

“Then... Am I annoying?” asked her again.

“You’re not annoying.”

She thought for a while, should I ask this question to him? She touched his hand softly and held on it while interlacing her fingers to his long fingers. “Do you love me, Jimin-ah?” that stupid question came out from .

Of course, he loves her. He’s her boyfriend for goodness sake, puh-lease. But, a small part on her heart that still doubted that.

Jimin sighed before grabbing the remote and turned off the TV. He released her hand from his hand and changed it by slipping his arm on her shoulder, embracing her. He planted a small kiss on Jinah’s forehead, “Childish!” chuckled him.

“Jimin-ah…” whined her. She didn’t want to hear that answer. It’s not the right answer. Why so hard just to answer her question? She only wants an answer between ‘YES’ or ‘NO’, nothing more.

He ruffled her hair softly, “You are my girlfriend, of course I love you…”

She bite her lips, “Promise me one thing, will you?”

“About what?” Jimin raised his eyebrow in confused.

Jinah a deep breath before, “Promise me that you will stay with me as long as you can. Just…  as long as you can.”

Jimin thought for a while, to process the meaning of Jinah’s words.

Yeah, Jinah is not asking him to stay with her forever, because she knew that human’s heart change every second. And love can’t be predicted. But, she just wanted him to stay with her as long as he can, until there’s no any love left for her in his heart.

“You are childish, y’know!” said him.

 “I AM NOT CHILDISH!” She pouted, “…I’m just afraid to lose you.” She looked down didn’t want Jimin know that she’s nearly crying right now.

“Jinah-ya…” called him. “Look at me.”

Jinah looked up and her eyes meet Jimin’s eyes. Her tears fall as she blinked her eyes.

Jimin cupped her face and wiped the tears, leaned over her face and give her a sweet kiss on the lips. He moved his lips softly, hypnotizing her lips to move in a perfect sync. 

Really, if she can asks God for a wish, she wanted God to stop the time. She wanted to enjoy their time longer.

Jimin pulled back and said “I promise… I promise to stay with you as long I can.” With that he pecked her lips.

“And you… please stop being like this, I don’t like it,” scolded him.

She rolled my eyes and answered, “Arasso.”

 

I’m not childish,

I’m just afraid to lose you.

So stay with me…

Because I really love you.

 

-Jinah