Chapter 3 - Super Show Psych

Monkey Love Fishy III - With You To The End

D POV

            I knew better than to push. If he wanted to think about it, I had to let him. I just wanted to let him know that we should start thinking about ourselves and our lives. The fans, I trusted. But sometimes I wondered. As we went through our Super Show, I often wondered, would the fans be as supportive if they knew the truth?

            I saw thousands of Eunhae forever banners across the Sapphire Blue ocean and while it confirmed that they did see us together, I wondered if they really thought about it. For the people involved in ships that weren’t true, this support only made them slightly uncomfortable. But for people like us, it only made us wonder. Did the fans truly want to see us together, or was it just a fantasy?

            If they found out that their so-called “OTPs” were true, would they rejoice at having seen the marks of a relationship or would they condemn it because what had once been only a nice fantasy to them has become something as startling as reality. What if it were okay for us to be together on paper but not in life?

            I knew that fans gave idols who dated a hard time and I couldn’t understand the concept. Could it be that they feel threatened, as if a girlfriend could take away the love an idol has for his fans? It made me wonder. I wanted to trust ELFs and a part of me really do but at the same time, there was doubt.

            I knew the doubt was going through Eunhyuk’s mind as well. Besides the fans, we also had to face potential backlash from the company. If things were to go downhill, would people still support us or would all our hard work be wasted?

            If people were to ask me would I do it over again and not be an idol, my answer would be no. I had fulfilled my father’s dream, as well as my own. And the people I have met are priceless to me. I just wish I could have more freedom to be myself.

            Throughout the concert, I made sure to constantly have contact with Eunhyuk. During our solo stage, I went up to him and touched his face, playfully pushing it back. The fans roared with approval.

            He smiled at me and everything felt right. It was okay being a couple together because even though we did have to worry about real life, but we were still able to be together simply because we were Eunhae.

E POV

            I knew that Donghae was testing waters and I let him. I wanted to be with him as much as he did with me, and I knew that any lack of progress in our relationship was completely my fault. I was still too scared, too traumatized, one would say, from what happened with LeiLei. It had been a reality check, an eye-opening experience to what could happen to us.

            We kept our interactions simple, doing what we always did and once, he leaned in close as if to kiss me. That brought a blush to my cheeks and I wondered if the fans could see it. If they did, they surely approved because their screams were louder afterwards.

            When the concert was over and we were resting in our rooms, I looked up Eunhae and a million searches came up. There were stories written about us, blogs dedicated to our moments and I smiled.

            It would take time, I knew, for me to really learn to open myself but I knew Donghae could wait. He walked out from the showers just then and grinned at me. “Hey, are you tired?” he bounced on the bed and snuggled himself next to me.

            I turned to face him. “Not really. What do you have in mind?”

            He grabbed his laptop and turned it on. “How about a movie date night?”

K POV

            I waited patiently for our call to connect. Yoona was in Japan and while the time difference wasn’t much, the one hour still made it difficult. Would she pick up? Spontaneous calls like these were rare and if the other side wasn’t expecting anything, it would go to bust.

            Your call is connected. Loading video

            And then I saw her face. Yoona looked tired; the result of a long tour with never ending activities and I reached out to touch the screen. “Oppa!” she managed to sound cheerful and I smiled bashfully at her. We’ve been together too long for her to be self-conscious about her makeup.

            She smiled at me. “What’s wrong?”

            “I miss you.”

            Yoona blushed. “Wow, I never took you as a romantic,” she teased. When I scowled, she softened. “I miss you too.”

            I ruffled my hair and glanced at the bathroom door. Ryeowook was still singing in the showers. “When are you back?”

            Her eyes twinkled for a second. “Sooner than expected. There’s apparently a new schedule for me and I’ll tell you about it immediately as soon as I find out. But it should be good and I heard that it involves Super Junior.”

            I sat up straighter. “Really? Does that mean I can see you when I get back?”
            “Depends, when are you back?”

            “In three days.”

            Yoona nodded and stifled a yawn. “Yep! I’ll be back in two days. Just me, though, so they could get started on whatever they want me to do.”

            I sensed her tiredness and blew her a kiss. “Go to sleep, Yoong. I’ll see you soon.”

            She nodded and hesitated. “Heart you,” she whispered and I grinned. We were never a particularly lovey dovey couple and this was an extent.

            I made her a heart and we waved good night.