Chapter 2 - Maknae Steps In

Monkey Love Fishy III - With You To The End

E POV

            All day I thought about what he had to offer but I was still traumatized from the incidents a year ago. Everything still haunted me when I thought about how close we came to being torn apart forever. It was still a fear, a rational one, but it was also one made from logic, and not from the heart.

            But I also knew from experience that to think from the heart would be a disaster. I had done that way too many times and experienced things that would break me if I had to do it all over again. I wished that he hadn’t thought about advancing our relationship further. Wasn’t it enough that we were together? Why did we have to be married? It wasn’t like we could have our own family even if we wanted to.

            “Hyung, you okay?” I turned and saw Kyuhyun looking at me with concern etched on his brow.

            “Ah, I was just thinking about things.”

            “You were thinking about the proposal?”

            “So you know?”

            Kyuhyun scoffed. “When it’s Donghae, who do you think wouldn’t know?”

            I cracked a smile and he looked at me really seriously. “You know, we can make this happen.”

            I looked at him in surprise. “How can we make this happen? It’s impossible for us to get married in secret. Or we can do that, but then news of our registration would still leak and what if the company really decides to make us all disband?”

            “There’s always that risk but if you don’t take risks, how do you expect to make anything happen? I think we should work together and try our best to make sure that we can find a way for the two of you to get together. It’s unfair to keep giving Donghae false hope.”

            I stared at him and he smiled. “We’re going to do our concerts overseas, and then we’ll come back and see how we can make any changes in your lives. Come on. You should go join Donghae.”

            I gave him a small grin and he shrugged. “Sheesh, the maknae always has to help you two,” I heard him mutter.

K POV

            The drama with Eunhae seemed to be never ending. After the whole thing with Jessica, I had thought things would finally come to order but then LeiLei came up. And now, now they were looking for trouble by themselves. I settled into my seat and scrolled through the pictures on my phone and wondered if Eunhae would ever be able to truly be together.

            They were together now in the sense that they are a couple but to be recognized and accepted would be hard. I couldn’t see how the company would allow them to be together. It wasn’t your typical dating scandal, this one would take things to a different level and given how conservative the entire country is, I wasn’t sure if it would be the best of ideas. But I also knew that if we didn’t try, then their relationship would become more strained.

            I looked at the pictures on my phone and felt a tiny ping of sadness as well. Even though Yoona and I were fine with what we have, there was a part of me that yearned to be open as well. I wanted to be able to walk around freely with her, knowing that we had the fans’ support behind us.

            Ryeowook looked over and patted my arm. “Do you miss her?” Due to her drama filming, we haven’t been able to meet up for nearly three months.

            “Yeah. It’s so hard. There was one time when we went out for coffee and nearly got caught. I want to just not care.”

            He gave me a sad smile. “If we could do that, then dating wouldn’t ever be a problem, right?”

            I looked over where Donghae had his head on Hyuk’s shoulder and he followed my gaze. “Those two are another set of problems. Do you think Hyukjae is going to accept Donghae’s proposal?”

            “I want him to, that’s for sure. We’re going to try to work on it.”

            Ryeowook looked at me. “Try to ensure your own happiness first. Then worry about theirs. Maybe tonight you can Skype Yoona.”

            I grinned at the prospect. “That would be nice.”

 

Happy Eunhae Day!

I know it's been a year since I've updated this and I hope some of you would still be with me. I'm just starting off slow, so you can call this a filler chapter of sorts but I'm getting myself back into this story and hopefully, I'll be able to update more often.