Homesick

My Endless Chapters of Life

I walked out from the police station holding still to the annoying luggage. I buried my face with my other hand. Feeling really abashed about what just happened earlier. That guy can really be dramatic. I just made a simple mistake and he yank me to the police station, I mean who the hell he thinks he is. It doesnt made sense at all. Oh well, i think a quarter of luck are on my side today, I tried real hard convincing the policeman that there are no such thing as bumping into people accidentally can lead you to jail, right? I thank god, I came up with this logic idea, if not i might be spending a year behind bars in a foreign country. Aissshh that guy.

 

"Next time, dont mess up with me" I was about to retreat from the police station ground when suddenly he warned me for the umpteenth time. His eyes almost came out from its socket as he reminded me once again. Without looking back at me he quickly looked away and shoved his hand in his pocket of his coat walking coolly towards his car. He gave me a quick death glare, if looks can kill i might die at this instant. I just rolled my eyes with a pouted lips as a response. He walked into his car and quickly drove off leaving a loud screech sound of his car behind.

 

-----

 

"I want to go home" I sat near the window of the cafe while looking out, admiring the people walking by the cafe. After a few minutes of staring, I leaned my chin on my fist and inhale a big amount of oxygen. My lips curved into a perfect upside down banana, when suddenly the waitress interrupted my deep thoughts.

 

"What would you like to order?" I quickly snapped my head and looked up, seeing a lady in her uniform smiling brightly to me. She holds the menu book and gave it to me, i bow my head a bit and curved a little smile. She walked away giving me sometime to think.

 

My eyes are scanning carefully towards the menu. Seeing all of those scrumptious looking food can really made my tummy growled in temptation. I hold onto my tummy easing the grumbling noise as i bit  my lower lip confused on what to eat. I feel like eating them all.

 

As i finished thinking, I reached for the service button at the edge of the table and without waiting for too long, the waitress just now came into the view, with a notebook and a pen ready to take my order. As i speak, her hand will quickly lists down my order. When i finished talking she repeats at what she had written down without any oxygen. i simply nod and gave her a sly smile signalling she got it all correct, and retreat.

 

-----

 

I feel a lump of gas stuck in my throat, as i opened up my mouth a loud burp escaped, which made the customer in the cafe giggles lightly. Feeling a little embarrassed I pinched my mouth and buried half of my face with my hair.

 

"Heres your bill miss" the waitress said and hand me the bill with stil my hair covering half of my face. My eyes quickly transformed into a full circle as i saw whats the total amount of my food. I gave a through what i just ate which i finally realised, I finished a whole food that can definitely feed the childrens in Africs. I turned my gaze to the lady and gave her my pity eyes, a signal that i dont have enough money to pay. Stupid, i should really think first before i ordered something.

 

"I dont have enough money to pay for this food" I said softly but it is still visible to the lady's strong ear. The lady seems like she is ready to explode and with a count of 1, 2, 3 she shouts an enormous amount of words, which i cant quite catched. I covered both of my ears with my point fingers, hoping it would ease a bit. The other customer already diverted their gazes to me. This lady really dont looked like she is embarrassed or something, she keeps on yelling at me. while me, i tried to hide under the table but was stopped immediately.

 

----

 

(Jiyong's POV)

 

"Yes, I'll be back in Korea tomorrow, you already got me a house right?" I talked over the phone with my agent. While i am still busy on the phone, and at the same time feeding myself,  a loud burp escaped the atmosphere. I care less, as i was busy talking over the phone.

 

Drinking my glass of water and stored it some times in my mouth as the person on the other line explained something to me which i carefully listened. Out of nowhere, i shoot the water out of my mouth as i heard a really shocking scream. It echoes throughout the cafe, which create a bit of a chaos. I picked a napkin and glide it towards my mouth to clean the messy water off of my face.

 

I decided to look around and see whats this fuzz are all about, ignoring the person on the other line as my eyes focused seeing what all the chaos are all about. People in the cafe are doing the same thing, they just sit back and watched the two lady fought in argument. The feirce looking lady, which i believed a waitress, because of her uniform, yanked the other girl's ear, who can possibly be a customer.

 

They walked passed me, with still the waitress pinching hardly to the other girl's ear. her face written pain all over it. I was really surprised which made my mouth formed into a big "O". I took a slight glance to make sure. The girl was thrown roughly out the door. That girl, didnt she had enough messing up with people. I shooked my head in disbelief.

 

After the waitress finished her job throwing and yelling, the atmosphere switched automatically to normal again. I quickly typed onto the number of the person i have been calling just now. She just hung up on me due to the distraction earlier. See, that girl really knows how to create a problem.

 

----