Final.

SUMMER IN KYOTO

Although it’s the end of the summer now, the hot and muggy atmosphere in Kyoto is burning Kiseop. Going outside right now is not a good idea, so he decides to stay inside and watch TV instead. Vaguely picking up the remote control, Kiseop switches the channel. Watching romantic movies totally . Suddenly he sees someone really familiar on the screen. And the scene is familiar too!

“Jaeseop! Jaeseop! You’re on TV!” he screams.

“What are you saying? Is it too hot for your brain to function?” AJ annoyingly shouts back from the bathroom. It’s been the umpteenth time he has washed his face today.

“No! But come here! It’s different this time!” Kiseop tries to convince.

“Haizz. Is it that weird for an idol to appear on TV?” AJ mumbles before heading out to the living room.

He drops himself on the couch intently leaving a gap between him and his lover. It’s already hot and he doesn’t want anything that makes him even hotter. Slowly he moves his eyes to the screen to see what makes Kiseop go insane. Right then and there, his jaw drops to the floor below. That facial expression is too much for anyone to find a word to describe.

 

On the screen

 

Playing with some stones on the street, a tall boy heaves a long sigh. It seems that he is waiting for someone. Thinking about something, his lips unknowingly form a smile, AJ’s famous kitty smile, to be exact.

At night, Kyoto streets are magnificent in their own way. They are not only ancient, but also noisy. It doesn’t take much effort to find some young girls wearing colorful yukata, laughing and talking happily. On such an industrial country like Japan, it’s not a scene that you can see in every city every day. AJ sits down on a wooden bench on the sidewalk. He stops checking his watch every now and then. He must think that he doesn’t have to walk back and forth, watch the time again and again while waiting for a person, does he? It’s such a shame if he misses this beautiful scenery just because of that person.

The streetlights illuminate the rows of green momiji. In a few months, the whole ancient capital will be dyed with a passionate red by those trees. He breathes in deeply seeming to enjoy this moment fully.

Despite the burning hotness in daytime, the atmosphere is totally cool at night. For that reason, many people go out to relax after a long tiring working day. On the sidewalk, you can hear the sound of wooden shoes touching the hard ground. It can’t be mixed with the sound from the vehicle engines running on the road. It brings people a feeling of peace and memory.  AJ’s face looks so dreamy showing how he loves this.

In the most natural, yet, unexpected way, something or someone makes AJ frown and bite his lower lip. Looking down at his watch, AJ lets out a sigh again. He is getting impatient and frustrated. In addition, he is worried too. They are all written over his face.

Without expected, he notices that something has just dropped on the top of his nose. It is raining. AJ messes up his hair blaming on nothing that ruins his mood. AJ’s phone suddenly goes off. It is a message from someone that might be important.

“It’s raining!!! Beautiful, isn’t it? ^^~” the screen zooms in the line.

Another message comes right then. It’s from that person as well.

“I’m in Kyoto now :3”

AJ knits his eyebrows thinking about something that viewers, of course, aren’t able to know. This is one point of summer in Kyoto. It rains a lot. Rains cool down the intense heat. Rains make everything much livelier. But AJ doesn’t find rain help anything in this situation.

“Where are you now? Specific place.” AJ texts back.

“I don’t know. Somewhere near the station. In front of an enormous advertising banner ^^” these words come just a few seconds later.

“Wait for me there. Don’t go anywhere.” He replies while trying to find something.

It turns out that he is looking for a department store. After buying an umbrella, AJ still hasn’t received any message yet. This makes him even more worried. That person must have the ability to drive this handsome intelligent AJ Kim crazy one way or another.

 

Running as fast as he can, AJ looks around the street. The raindrops touch the umbrella creating some sounds that make AJ get impatient. The rain water wets his cuffs of trousers annoying his steps. To make it simple, he is absolutely suffering from extremely bad mood. And only that person is able to solve his problem. But the question is where that troublesome person is now?

From afar, AJ catches the sight of a tall pretty boy standing in front of a parterre of ajisai flowers and looking up at a giant banner like it’s the first time he has ever seen something like that. Kiseop is beautiful just like the flowers surrounding him. His pure innocent face can be compared with the whiteness of those flowers. The elegance that can be seen from him is like the shade of purple some flowers have. The producer must have the intention when making that boy’s beauty combine with the famous flower in Kyoto ever so perfectly.

And… he has an umbrella with him. The camera comes back with AJ catching the sight of him swallowing the lump in his throat. He might be having some mental fight about whether he should feel happy or angry since his facial expressions changes every second.

After fixing his costume, AJ slowly approaches Kiseop. The other spots him right away. He runs to AJ like a little kid then closes his umbrella and snuggles to stand under AJ’s one completely. Looking at AJ from head to toe, Kiseop frowns. He hands the other his umbrella then searches through the paper bag in his hand.

“Drink this.” he gives AJ a cup.

“Oh, eat this first.” He lifts up a piece of food to AJ’s mouth.

“What’s this?” AJ asks looking suspiciously at the thing in Kiseop’s hand.

“You don’t know about it? It’s yatsuhashi, specialty of Kyoto.” Kiseop laughs at AJ’s rare lack of knowledge.

Yatsuhashi is a Japanese confectionery made from glutinous rice flour, sugar and cinnamon. The addition of black bean powder to the wrapper gives it a distinctive black color. The sweet has triangle form and fits people’s mouth.

AJ hesitantly bites a corner of it.

“Eat it all. My arm is weary.” Kiseop whines.

Doing as he is told, AJ takes in the whole yatsuhashi. He slowly chews and enjoys it. No one can deny its tastiness, including him. Even just via television, you can tell how good it is.

Kiseop takes back his umbrella then gives AJ the cup after opening its cap. He clumsily arranges everything before coming back with his confident look and walking straightly beside AJ.

“Drink it before it gets cold.” Kiseop reminds.

“Oh, I forgot. What is it?” AJ says while laughing at his absent-mindedness.

“It’s Uji green tea. But it is a takeaway, so it isn’t really good, I think. But eating yatsuhashi without drinking Uji tea is bad as well.” Kiseop hesitantly says looking out the rain cover.

The hot smoke comes out from the drink reeking to his face. AJ sips calmly. He closes his eyes slightly looking totally satisfied.

“Do you feel warmer?” Kiseop excitedly asks.

“Um. Thank you. Why don’t you try some?” AJ nods his head gratefully then suggests.

“It’s ok. I don’t want to.” Kiseop replies playing with some raindrops that drip down from the umbrella.

“Oh… really?” AJ doubts.

“I’m sorry.” Kiseop says all of a sudden.

“For what?” AJ his eyebrows.

“For making you wait and worrying about me. I knew you were waiting for me so I texted you so that you wouldn’t worry, I even put in emoticons. But how foolish I was, you were even more worried. While I am completely dry, you, because of me, get this wet. It’s been four years and nothing has changed. You have always been the one waiting for me and taking care of me. But I am just so useless and troublesome to you.” Kiseop blurts out. His lips are trembling.

“To be honest, today I have just realized that I’m being overprotective. You can take care of yourself well. You bring your umbrella with you while I don’t, you see? You can also take care of me better than anyone. Who could know that I must be caught in the rain and prepare yatsuhashi and Uji green tea to make me feel better when I came? Waiting for you and looking after you were what I choose to do four years ago. I don’t regret anything. You are too marvelous for words to me.” AJ smiles sweetly.

Even in the dark, the blush on Kiseop’s face still can be seen. He doesn’t retort, just simply nods his head. What a perfect actor for a perfect “script”!

“Now try some. I know you want to.” AJ speaks in Kiseop’s ear.

Before Kiseop can react, AJ leans over to kiss his lips. And god knows what kind of kiss they share since AJ’s head covers the whole screen! Viewers must be in doubt if they really kiss. But it lingers for quite some time. When they break away, Kiseop’s face is in a flutter. However, he manages to say something.

“Yatsuhashi… and uji tea… are perfect together…” His words intently make AJ pout sulkily.

Kiseop chuckles a little then kisses the other back in a swift motion. The screen suddenly goes white right then so we can’t tell what really happens! And a pearl pink sentence appears.

“Come to Kyoto to experience all the joys of life~”

 

 

On the couch, in front of the screen, there are two tomatoes looking at each other. The atmosphere is extremely awkward.

“Jaeseop, what was that?” Kiseop asks. His voice is trembling.

“A CF, I think…” AJ hesitantly answers. If he didn’t see the last sentence, he would think of it as a romantic short movie.

“Why were we on the screen?” Kiseop asks again, still unable to get over what just happened.

“We were stalked, I think…” AJ drops his head in his palm.

“The quality of the movie isn’t really good. But it’s edited and dubbed well. They don’t use our voices and have many effects, you see?” he adds.

“Do you think that our company knows about this?” Kiseop bites his lips.

“About our affair, of course, they do. And about that CF, I think they know too.” AJ replies after thinking for a while. Everything involved their images must be controlled by their company.

“What if everyone sees this? What if KISSmes watch this?” Kiseop stands up abruptly.

AJ watches his boyfriend walk back and forth and mess his well-cut hair up. What should he say to calm the guy in front him down and himself as well?

“They will think that we are hired to film that CF.” AJ claps his hands together.

Definitely, every CF is filmed and has its script, cast, stuffs like that. And what they have just watched isn’t an exception, in others’ eyes! Why didn’t he think of this sooner?

Kiseop stops on his track rolling his eyes while thinking about AJ’s words. He slowly nods his head in agreement. They are pretty logical, anyway.

“But how can they film a CF like that and even broadcast it?” Kiseop doubts.

“We’re in Japan, Kiseop. Everything can happen here.” AJ chuckles.

It’s the truth. When he first came to this country, he found so many things extraordinary that he couldn’t handle. But he’s fine with them now. 

“But how can they have our messages? No one can film that without us knowing!” Kiseop retorts.

“Um…” AJ pauses to think of something possible.

“Did anyone borrow your phone during that time around?” AJ questions the other.

“It must be YEO HOON MIN!” Kiseop screams angrily.

“I lived with him for the musical then. That jerk, selling his friends down the river!” Kiseop grits his teeth.

“I have to call him to teach him a lesson.” Kiseop mumbles taking out his phone.

Right then, his phone rings. A call from ~Beloved Hoonie~

“Hello.” Kiseop answers coldly.

“Kiseoppie~ Is Jaeseoppie there with you?” Hoon greets sweetly.

“Yeah.” Cold tone, again.

“Tell him that I’ll treat you guys tonight! At a luxurious restaurant! Don’t need to appreciate. Wear something nice. Love you guys. Bye~” Hoon says at once then hangs up even before receiving a response from the other line.

Watching Kiseop’s face, AJ can’t help but burst out laughing like crazy. Kiseop doesn’t find anything funny about this. He just wants to kill someone, anyone now!

 

A/N: LOL~

I couldn't help but laugh while writing this. Wondering what I was really doing =)))))))

It's so short, I have to admit. The shortest fiction I have ever written. In fact, it's longer because it has the part after this. However, I think I should end it here :D

I'll post it when I'm in the mood. And Yeo Hoon Min, I'll treat him well there. These days, I'm really worried about him TT^TT

I didn't make Hoon like that on purpose. It's just... I only thought of him... I'm being weird again. Sorry :-S

After finishing it, I figured out that I could totally write this at once. Why do I always postpone my work?? Lazy and disturbed all the time =.="

One more thing, I didn't use dictionaries this time!! I don't know where I threw it. Do you think I should find it?? =)))))

I'm being a talkative author now *tsk* *tsk*

This is what I mention in my fic, in case you don't know :D

 

First is yukata, right? Don't mistake yukata for kimono!!

 

Second is momiji tree. It's summer in my fic, so momiji is green, not red like in the picture. But red is its famous colour <3

 

 

Here you are, yatsuhashi :v

 

 

And Uji green tee. This is original version. But Kiseop only bought a takeaway =))))

 

 

Finally, it's Ajisai flower. This is my inspiration. You can see it on the background but still post it anyway. Its English name is hydrangea :3

 

 

So now you know why I wrote this fic was written for the purpose of advertisement in the foreword right?? Enjoy your reading LOL~

 

DROP A COMMENT NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS!!!

KEEP SUPPORTING UKISS <33333333