An Interesting Meeting at the Train Station

The Most Amazing Day of Your Life

 “The train is now arriving… the train is now arriving…” You heard the platform announcement say as you waited for the next train to take you home.  You smiled softly to yourself as you stepped onto the train.  Today was a good day… you looked down at the Arashi poster that you bought at Harajuku earlier today.  I can’t wait to hang this poster up in my room… You thought as you smiled at the poster of the band that you were in love with.  You leaned back against the seat of the train and drifted off to sleep as you listened to one of Arashi’s songs “Beautiful Days.”

 

“We are now arriving at Ginza station… Ginza station…” the train announcements blasted.

 

The loud announcements sounded faint to you since you were deep asleep and you didn’t even notice that the train was approaching your station.

 

“The doors to the train will now open please be careful…“the announcements boomed again.

 

You finally started to wake up and you read the sign at the station half sleeping.  “Gi…nnn….zaa…” you blinked a few times and finally came back to your senses.  “Ginza station! Yabai! I gotta get off here!”  you said as I ran toward the train exit.

 

Bam! You didn’t notice that there was a passenger trying to get on through the same door and you had ran into him with full force.  The impact of the collision caused both of you to lose balance and you felt yourself falling.  You close your eyes and let out a short scream in fear of hitting the hard station floor, but instead of hitting the hard floor you landed on something softer.  You slowly opened your eyes only to realize that you had fallen right on top of the person that you ran in to.

 

“Ugh… what the heck?”  You heard the man under you say in total confusion.

 

“Gomennasai!” you said as you moved away from the guy, your face red with embarrassment.

 

The man also stood up.  He brushed himself off and then quickly picked up his hat that had fallen and put it back on.  You looked up at him for the first time.  He was around 170cm tall and was thin but muscular.  You noticed that he was wearing sunglasses that completely hid his eyes, and his hat also covered most of his head except for a few tufts of brown hair.  He is really good looking… you thought.

 

“It’s ok.  It was partly my fault too.  Hey were the things in your shopping bag ok?  You pretty much landed on it when we fell…”  The guy said worriedly.

 

Oh no my Arashi poster!  You thought as you frantically looked inside the shopping bag.  To your dismay your Arashi poster was ruined…

 

“I’m really sorry…” the guy said,

 

“It’s ok. It wasn’t your fault.” You said, trying to fake a smile.  “Hey more importantly, are you okay on time?  The train you were trying to get on only comes once an hour…” You said worriedly.

 

“Daijyoubu.  I was just heading home.  I’ll just have to be bored an extra hour…”

 

The man’s sentence was interrupted as your stomach growled loudly. Yada~How embarrassing!You thought, your face turning red.

 

“Are you hungry?”  The guy asked trying not to laugh, “I know a good chyuuka restaurant near here.  You wanna come eat with me?”

 

“Un. Hai. Iiyo.”  Did I really just get asked to dinner by this really hot guy?  Chyou ureshii!  You thought to yourself.

 

“Cool.  I’ll pay for you too since I feel bad for ruining that poster.” The guy said with a cute smile on his face.

 

“Arigatougozaimasu!” You said with a short bow.

 

“By the way I didn’t catch your name… I’m Sakamoto Shohei.  You can call me Sho-kun.”

 

“I’m ~~~~~ .  Nice to meet you.”  You said smiling

 

“Nice to meet you too. “  Sho-kun said, showing an idol-like smile.  “Let’s go eat! I’m starving.”

 

“Yea let’s go!” You said.  You looked at Sho-kun’s amazing smile once more and a small thought crossed your mind.

That smile seems so familiar… Sho-kun, have I seen you somewhere before?