Sorry

Stay With Me

 

Taecyeon looked down at Suzy’s delicate figure, folded into his arms. She was breathing in and out slowly, and the word ‘shock’ was written all over her face. Taecyeon sighed in relief. He wouldn’t have wanted Suzy to roll down the stairs and have a head injury.

 

 

“You can let go of me now,” Suzy said politely. “Thank you for saving me.” But Taecyeon, who had just been snapped out of his thoughts, just stared at her numbly. It was one of Taecyeon’s weaknesses: when he was snapped out of his thoughts by somebody else, he couldn’t move for a while, as if hypnotized.

 

 

Suzy started struggling against him. “Please let go of me now,” she said, this time putting a little more force to her voice.

 

 

Taecyeon coughed, snapped out of his daze. “Sorry,” he muttered, and let go of her. Then, stealing a glance at the screen of his iPod-watch, “I have to go now,” he exclaimed hurriedly, and ran down the stairs.

 

 

“Aish!” Suzy cursed, annoyed. “What in the world?” Suzy dusted herself and resumed into carrying her huge suitcase up the stairs.

 

-

 

~Suzy’s PoV~

The next morning, as soon as I entered drama class, the girls who, I suppose, were huddled up and gossiping, suddenly broke apart at my arrival. They pointed at me and whispered to each other.

 

 

Had I done something wrong? I quickly sat down on the seat closest to me. I didn’t like to be in the spotlight. I always tended to cling to the shadows. I was an I-don’t-want-to-be-noticed type of girl. As I was starting to take my notebook and pencil case out of my bag, a girl came and slapped me on the face.

 

 

I could feel my face heat up. What had I done to deserve all this? The girl seemed to be an important person in the student body; everybody around me cringed when she slapped me. She also had 8 girls trailing behind her.

 

 

“May you,” the girl snarled, “explain this to me? My dear friend Jessica came to me yesterday and gave this to me. Can you please explain what happened?” The girl held out a photo to me. I took it and flipped it over to the side of where the picture was.

 

 

I gasped. The photo contained Taecyeon back-hugging me to avoid me from falling down the stairs.

 

 

“I… I…” I stuttered, and I could feel my face paling.

 

 

“,” the girl snarled. “How dare you steal my boyfriend from me?” The girl’s voice was dripping with fury. She raised her hand to slap me once again.

 

 

I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. I knew I didn’t do anything wrong… Why was I hesitating? Why couldn’t I saw anything? I swallowed hard. I remembered what my mom had told me and my sister, Su-bin all the time: “Keep your head up if you have done nothing wrong. Prove justice to this world.”

 

 

“What wrong have I done except for trying to carry my heavy suitcase up the stairs and almost falling down to my death?” I snapped back. “How dare you slap me on the face for being saved by your boyfriend,” I said in my monotone-cold-stiff voice that I reserved for people like this girl. The girl looked shocked, taken aback. Apparently she wasn’t used to people snapping back at her.

 

 

“Yoona,” the girl said, her voice trembling with rage. “Finish her up.” The girl with a pretty face behind her murmured a small ‘yes’ and started charging towards me.

 

 

Apparently the girl doesn’t know anything about me. How I have a black belt in taekwondo. How I’m a very skilled swordfighter. How I’ve done gymnastics for 3 years now. I easily dodged Yoona. She stopped mid-track, and turned back to face me again. She started running towards me again. Right before her fist connected with my nose, I kicked her square on the chest. Yoona stumbled back, coughing. She came at me again, but right before I could kick her, Mr. Han, our drama teacher, came in.

 

 

“Stop this nonsense now, Miss Im and Miss Bae!” He yelled at us. Then, seeing the girl who had started it all, “And Miss Tiffany Hwang, stay after class and see me please,” he said. “Everybody, back to their seats!”

 

 

We all obeyed, and everybody who was watching me and Yoona fight hurried back to their seats like children hurrying back to their mothers when they call them for cake.

 

 

I could feel Tiffany’s eyes drill two holes into my back, as she was seating 5 seats behind me.

 

-

 

When I walked out of class, I saw an unexpected guest waiting for me outside of the classroom. Goo Hara, the school’s famous baseball player, and the girl who had saved me from getting humiliated by the whole school by lending me her uniform. “Are you… okay?” she asked, her voice full of concern. “I’ve heard what happened. Wooyoung is very worried.”

 

 

I nodded, and motioned for her to come to me. I pressed my mouth against her ear and hissed: “Get away from me! You’re also going to get hated by the student body if you’re close to me.”

 

 

Hara’s eyes widened, as if she hadn’t thought of that, but then she relaxed. “Don’t worry,” she said in her calm voice. “It’ll be okay…”

 

-

 

“Suzy!!” It’s hard not to recognize Wooyoung when he’s running towards you from the other end of the cafeteria, calling your name. He reached me, panting. “I’ve heard what happened,” he said quietly. “It’s all around school,” he murmured. Then he smiled. “It’ll be okay, Tiffany’s always like that. It’ll go away soon. I mean, stuff like this happens a lot.”

 

 

But it didn’t take a fool to notice the doubt in Wooyoung’s voice. 

 

-

 

~3rd Person PoV~

 

Suzy was, obviously, very annoyed about what had happened. Her second day of school, and already shunned by most people in her grade. Just for being saved by a boy that already has a girlfriend. But that wasn't the only reason she was annoyed. The person who had made all this happened; who had, yes, saved her life, but had also made it miserable, hadn't even said sorry. Hadn't even bothered to pretend to, at least, know her. 

 

 

Of course, Suzy thought, Ok Taecyeon would get off it easily. One of the richest in school, and the most popular boy in school. The problem was her. 

 

 

Suzy arrived at her room and digged inside her pocket for the keys. She finally found them, and the key into the keyhole and turned it to open the door when a bucket of milk fell on her. Suzy stood there, dumbfounded, and she could hear laughter of people laughing around her. Humiliated, she ran inside the room, fighting back the tears welling up in her eyes. 

 

 

Stupid her. If only she had been strong enough to carry the suicase up the stairs without tripping. 

 

 

Suzy closed the door behind her and opened the windows. She needed fresh air. As soon as she opened the windows, a piece of paper was released. It fell down gracefully, as a leaf might do in autumn, onto Suzy's palm.

 

 

It read: Sorry, Suzy... From Taecyeon

 

 

"Aish!" Suzy cursed, throwing the note down on the ground and stomping all over it. "As if saying sorry might help!" 

 


 

Hello! This is kpop_gongju, this story's new co-author, and smilefanfics's cousin who asked her to write her a WooZy/TaecZy story. :) I hope you enjoy this chapter! I wrote, like, 4 different ideas for this chapter and finally decided upon the one that came out the best, and 'the best' turned out to be very crappy... ^-^

We're both very sorry for the late (and short) update... We were both very busy with other stuff. Mianhae.... And kamsahamnida for understanding! Love y'all... Please review, and please tell us what we could improve! It would help a lot... Thanks again! :)