First Day of School

Stay With Me

Sorry for the late update!! I guess I'm busier during the summer than during schooltime. MIANHAE~~~ Anyways, enjoy!!

 


~Suzy's PoV~

I couldn't afford to be late to school. It was my first day in this school, and I didn't want to give a bad first impression. I hurried out of home, grabbing my backpack with one hand, and my hairtie and brush with another. "Umma, I'll be going off to school!" I yelled, and ran out the door. 

When I arrived at the bus stop, I took a look at the time for the next bus. 3 minutes. I quickly brushed my hair and put it up in a simple ponytail. Students around me from the same school looked at me weirdly. I sighed and looked down. I sure must have looked extraordinarily weird, with the bed hair of mine and my backpack slung over one shoulder. I stuffed my brush inside my bag and sat down besides the group of girls gossiping from Hanguk Seoul High School, the school I was going to. They immediately moved away from me, and I bit my lip. 

Such a good first impression.

The bus arrived a minute or so later; as I was trying to ride the bus, I bumped into a boy. He was wearing glasses, and his hair was messy. 

"Mianhae," I muttered softly. The boy, who looked about 10 cm taller than me, took off his glasses, put them inside his pocket, and smiled.

"No, I'm sorry. Go in first," he told me. "Ladies first."

I nodded and stepped inside of the bus. He followed me inside. The bus was pretty empty; I sat down on a seat next to the exit. 

                                                             . . . . . 

"This is Bae Suzy. Say hello to your class, Suzy!" My English teacher, Miss Amelia Pond exclaimed. 

"Hi," I murmured halfheartedly. 

"Suzy, tell us what you're good at, and why you moved to here!" 

"Um, I'm not particularly good at anything... maybe singing and studying? I don't know... And about why I moved to here... Uh..." It was an uneasy topic for me, the topic of why I moved into this town. Miss Pond noticed my hesitance and nodded. 

"Someone should give her a tour of the school. Does anybody want to volunteer?" Miss Pond looked around. Everybody looked hesitant. Then, a boy in the back row stood up. It was the boy that I had bumped into in the morning. "Wooyoung? Thank you!" Miss Pond smiled widely. "Off you go, you two," she said, and waved us away. 

"Nae~~" We said in a chorus, and walked out the classroom.

"I'm Jang Wooyoung," Wooyoung said, stretching his hand out. 

I smiled. "I know, and you probably already know I'm Bae Suzy." We both laughed.

                                                             . . . . . 

Wooyoung tried to make the tour as "short" as he could. But by the time he was done, it was already lunchtime. 

"You should sit with me, Taecyeon and Nichkhun for lunch today. I mean, I don't think any of the girls were very eager to sit with you," Wooyoung told me. Then, seeing the look on my face, "Don't worry, you're not going to be the only girl there. A girl named Hara, she's been my friend for 5 years, comes over to sit with us for lunch for some reason. I think she has a crush on Taecyeon, but I'm not sure," Wooyoung added. "Speaking of Taec and Khun, there they come! Hey," Wooyoung exclaimed, spotting two boys walking towards us.

One looked kind of foreign, not exactly Korean, and the other looked Korean, but strong... cold-looking though. He looked distantly like how I pictured my dream boy... 

"Is she your new girlfriend, Wooyoung?" The forgein-looking boy asked Wooyoung playfully, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"No!" We both yelled, blushing. The other boy besides the forgein-looking boy smirked. 

Then, "I haven't seen her till today. Is she new?" The forgein-looking boy asked. Wooyoung nodded. "Hi, I'm Nichkhun," the boy, Nichkhun, told me. "I'm from Thailand," he added, confirming my suspicions.

"This is Suzy," Wooyoung told Nichkhun and the other boy, who I was guessing was Taecyeon, as the forgein-looking boy was Nichkhun. "Suzy, Taecyeon. Taecyeon, Suzy," Wooyoung told me, pointing at the other boy. 

"I can speak for myself," Taecyeon told Wooyoung coldy, not looking at me. Then, "Is she mute? Why isn't she speaking?"

"I can speak, are you deaf? Didn't you hear me say 'no' earlier?" I shot back. He looked down at me and our eyes met. We both looked away.

What a nasty boy. 

                                                             . . . . . 

"Umma, I'm back!!" I exclaimed and threw myself on bed. All I wanted to do was lay on bed and forget about the darn homework. I was so tired because of school. I had been thrown inside the swimming pool (with clothes) by the popular girls because it was supposedly the 'new girl' ceremony thingy. At least Hara, the girl who supposedly liked Taecyeon (but it actually looked like she liked Wooyoung) had a spare uniform and had lent it to me. 

But mom didn't let me. The first thing she said when she saw me was "Hey, Mrs. Joo, the school principal asked me if you want to sleep in the school dormitories? You can come back to home during the weekends."

"Mom!" I exclaimed. "No 'how was school's? No 'was everything okay's?" I said, trying to sound disappointed. The truth was, I was used to this kind of behavior of mom's... She'd been like this ever since dad had left her for Riah, a Japanese woman he had met during a business trip. Precisely the reason we had to move to here.

Mom sighed. "Suzy, that's not the point. I think it would be better for you if you board. So pack your stuff now..."

                                                             . . . . . 

"Your keys, Miss Bae," Mrs. Joo said cheerfully as she handed me my keys. Room 37. I brightened up a little bit, as 37 was my lucky number. 

"Kamsahamnida," I murmured and carried my suitcase up the stairs. 

Unfortunately, halfway up the stairs, I tripped. 

And before I knew what happened, I was in the arms of somebody. I looked up and saw Taecyeon looking down at me.