Level 2

Chocolate and Panda

Chapter 2

 

 

Level 2

 

It’s 7:30 in the morning. I open the curtains, take a look at the peaceful morning view outside and take a deep breath and smile!

 

“What?” Eunna said while yawning

“Good Morning Eun!” I greeted her happily

“What are you doing here early in the morning?” she groaned while sleep talking

“Eunna let’s go to the zoo!” I said while continuously jumping on her bed to wake her up

“For god’s sake Elle, Its SATURDAY, let me sleep!”

“c’mon, you can sleep later!”

“I want to sleep NOW!”

“fine!” I pout “I’ll just ask Myung!”

“He’s in Japan, for a family meeting…” Eunna answered back

“WHAAAAT!? Hul~!”

“Why don’t you ask Sungjong?”

“Hmp! I’m sure he’ll reject me!”

“Let’s just go next time ‘kay? I’m really sleepy… 미안 [Sorry]”

“Fine! I’ll Go alone! Remember this day Eunna! Bleeeeh!” and I exit myself

 

Oh, I forgot to mention….Sungjong is my younger brother but we’re not blood-related. He’s adopted, his parents died in a plane crash when he was 4 years old. He’s the only survivor of that accident and my parents adopt him because they blame themselves for the accident, they say that as the owner of the airport, they’re responsible for it. Sungjong is a bit anti-social. Well, I think it is because of his traumatic experience when he’s still a child. Eventhough he’s quite introvert I’m proud to say that we’re very close! Sometimes when we’re together other people mistake us as a couple. Well, I can’t blame, I treat him as my blood-related brother. I love him so much and it’s my promise to him that I will take care of him forever and that I’ll never let him feel that he’s alone. He has a very delicate skin and his heart is very fragile and that’s why I treat him as a baby boy hihihi even though he’s in the same age as Eunna.

-------------------------

 

Whoa!!!! My mouth is hanging wide and open!! This is the best! Zoo is the best!

 

“Sungjong-ah!!! Look there’s an elephant! Ah, a panda! Sungjong! A panda! A panda!” I pointed on the panda excitingly.

“c’mon lets go there!” I said and grab Sungjong’s hand and run towards the Panda

“Mr. Panda~~ You’re so fluffy I’m gonna die!!!! Kyaaaaah! Eat me with pleasure Panda!!!”

 

Pandas are so cute. I want to hug them! I want to ride on their back! They’re so squishy and soft and fluffy and so SLOOOOW! I just love how their life goes~ they just sleep and sleep and eat! Isn’t it wonderful??

 

“c’mon let’s take a picture Sungjonggie~” I pull him very close to me “1,2,3… CHEESE!” ^^vv- -

“See! It’s perfect! Awwww! You’re so cute my little lamb!! I wanna hug you and squish you and pinch you on the cheek all night long” I hug his head and gently pat his head like a little puppy.

“하지 마 [stop it]” he argued with a smile.

 

I stop patting sungjong when I notice the commotion nearby. I wonder what animal is there…

 

“Sungjong-ah! Let’s look at what’s going on there!” and we both ran towards the commotion with a holding hands. It turns out that it’s not an animal, but it’s a K-Pop Idol in disguise… or not? He’s just wearing a hood jacket and an expensive sunglass. He’s tall….tall? K-Pop? Korean? Wait?? Is he my Prince? My Prince Lee Minho??? Lee Minhooooo~~~~!

 

“Kyaaaaaa~~ Sungjong-ah, my prince….he’s very handsome and tall and so so so perfect!!! Lee Minho!!”

“누나 [older sister], You’re so Idiot! How can you say that he’s handsome and that he’s Lee Minho when we’re facing at his back?” Ah… he has a point!

“you’re right…… I… I just know… Sungjong-ah you know you’re really young; it’s all in the heart… I can feel it!”

“Let’s see…” Sungjong pick up a small stone and throw it to my Lee Minho’s head……….Bullseye!

“Yah! What did you do?” I whisper to him while covering our face with my hands…and then, Lee Minho turn around while holding his head…kyaaaa Lee Min---Sungyeol? Sungyeol-sshi? What is he doing here?

“See, he’s not Lee Minho~~ now who’s young?” Sungjong said teasingly as if he win in the race

“It’s Sungyeol….”

“Sungyeol?”

“Sungyeol-sshi!!!!!” I wave at him so that he can notice and see me

------------------

“Hey what are you doing here?” I greeted him happily. It’s very unexpected to see a friend here…

“Just taking pictures of the animals…”

“you love animals?” I ask

“no….I just love taking pictures…and checking the zoo”

“checking the zoo?”

“my sister owns this, she just ask me to check it” he answered and look curiously at Sungjong

“by the way, Sungyeol-sshi this is Sungjong, Sungjong this is Sungyeol…” I can see that his eyebrows curl a little “he’s my younger brother” I added and his curled eyebrows disappear and he sigh….he sigh? Why? And smile gently at sungjong… whoaaa~~~ this is my first time to see him smile…he looks cute when he smile.

“Nice to meet you Sungjong-sshi.”  And he offered his hands for shakehands but my anti-social brother just stare at him from head to toe.

“hey Sungyeol, do you want to tag along with us?” I said and then his eyes widened a little and look at the sky…

“if it’s Ok….” Geez… here we go again. I really don’t know what’s wrong with this guy. He’s handsome but kind of unpredictable…extraordinary…crazy… I don’t know! It’s just that there’s something wrong with this guy’s brain mechanism.

“course it is! The more the merrier!” I beam a smile at him

------------------

LEE SUNGONG’S POV

 

“There is something wrong about this guy…” I accidentally mumble

“you feel it too…?” my sister mumbled back at me that give me a little surprise “But I’m sure he’s a good man.” And she winked at me, after that the kpop guy turned around at us signaling us to PLEASE walk a little faster. I can see he’s a bit irritated on how slow we walk. His eyes looks annoyed but the moment his eyes landed on my noona, the annoyed look suddenly turned into pleading. This guy………..

 

We’ve been roaming around this very huge zoo for about an hour and my noona’s energy is sure to be draining down by now. Any minute by now, she’ll be complaining that she’s already tired and she wants to eat already….

 

“Sungjonggie, Sungyeol-sshi….”

 

Here it comes…..

 

“I’m hungry, why don’t we eat already?” she said with a very innocent silly smile.

 

As expected….

-----------------------

We’re now taking a rest on a fast-food chain, yes a fast-food chain and not in a fine dining restaurant. You will never see my noona eating on those kinds of restaurants. That’s why I’m thinking of buying a fast-food chain restaurant just for my noona. I’m sure she’ll cry a lot and she’ll hug my all night long if I do that.

 

“Hey, I want Chunky Chocolate-Vanilla Ice cream…” my noona blurted out all of a sudden “How about you Sungyeol-sshi?” she ask and look very curiously directly at his eyes. When their eyes met, kpop guy instantly look at the ceiling and his face turned into scarlet red.

“Uhmmmm… I… I want any raspberry flavor….” He answered and looked down at my noona who’s already looking at me

“I know you like Banana Foster Crunch Sunjongie…” she proudly said “ok…wait for me here I’ll just buy Ice cream….”

And now the two of us were left all alone….maybe for him it’s awkward but….. this is the moment I’ve been waiting for.

“You….you like my noona, don’t you?” I said as I impassively look on his eyes.

“No…..”

Stare~~~~~~

“I mean…. Yes… I mean I’m not sure… but I think no…. No, I think yes….” He paused a moment and sigh “final answer….yes I like Elle…. eversince I saw her.”

Bullseye!

“please Sungjong-saeng I’m begging you please don’t tell her yet.” He pleaded

“I don’t have any intention to say a word at her at the first place….but it’s just that your acting too weird when you’re with my noona…. Please learn to control your emotions and feelings because if you continue being like that my noona might think that you don’t like her and she’ll start avoiding you….” Just right after stating my advice to this stupid kpop guy, my noona arrive and this stupid kpop guy left staring blankly at the air…. Yes please do think carefully about it.

 

After we finish eating Ice cream I think it’s about time for me to exit….

“I think I have to go” I said as I stand up and wipe my mouth gently

“Ehhhh? Where are you going Sungjonggie?” My noona look up at me with a puppy eyes…. Lee Sungjong, it’s a TRAP! Don’t look at her eyes.

“I’m going to do my homework…” obviously it’s a lie….

“Its Saturday today Sungjonggie, you can do it tomorrow…I can help you with it.” Kpop guy suddenly said. I look at him and he’s sweating. Hahahahaha I bet he’s really nervous!

“No. I’m leaving!” I said and turn my back on them

“Wait!” kpop guy said and he dragged me out of the shop

------------------------

“Please Sungjong don’t leave us alone. I don’t know what to do….” Kpop guy said. Pathetic man…. I really hate his cowardness

“Gay…..”

“Wh….what???”

“You’re a man and you’re frightened to be alone with the girl you like?? Be a man and impress her! Just be thankful that I’m the one initiating a move for you to be all alone with MY noona and all you have to do is build a good relationship with her!” I said and run away from him… two points….I left him dumbfounded again!

------------------------

ELLE’S POV

 

I’m looking at Sungjonggie and Sungyeol-sshi outside the restaurant, it seems that they’ve become closer now…..or not??? Wait!! It looks like my Sungjonggie is scolding him! Should I interrupt??

 

I ran towards Sungyeol-ssh “Sungyeol-sshi, what did my brother said to you?” I ask while shaking him… he seems traumatize…grrr… I wonder what did that Sungjong said…poor Sungyeol..

“Sungyeol-sshi?” I said and he looked down at me… eye to eye… Elle stop!!! He’s not handsome! He’s not handsome! He’s not handsome! Idiot! Don’t blush! It’ll be too embarrassing…

“Elle…” He said with his very prince-like voice….

“Ye…yes?” I answered back awkwardly and a smile appeared on his lips… This is the first time I saw a star so up-close to me… I can’t believe that there’s someone who can smile like an angel just like my Prince Lee Minho!

“C’mon we’re going somewhere….” And he grab my hands and drag me to the zoo’s tower…

-----------------------

“Whoooaaaa! Kyaaaa! Sungyeol-sshi! It’s very beautiful!” I said with teary eyes.

 

We’re on the top of this tower and I can see the whole zoo!!! All the people down there seem like a toy. And it feels like I can control everything with my hands, and if that thing really happens I want a harmonious relationship between people and animals where in we can play with them all day long without hurting each other. And my dream of riding on a panda’s back will come true……

 

My thoughts were cut off by Sungyeol’s stare… he was staring at me so gently…. Oh please Sungyeol, stop that it makes me want to…to...to…pinch your cheeks…

“whatshdhd are you doinghskdhsdg to me Elle sahgysdj?” Sungyeol said… aigoooo he’s so cute…

“oops… sorry” I said as I stop pinching him and hide my hands at my back… after that we stayed silent while looking shyly at each other and then we both burst out laughing….

“Hahahahahahahahha….. Sungyeol-sshi why are we laughing? Hahahaha” I ask while laughing intensely…. Honestly I don’t know why are we laughing like this..

“Hahahaha… is it because of the sudden awkwardness?”

“I guess so…”

“meow….meow…meow….” a kitten? I look down at my feet and saw a kitten circling around my feet. I kneel down and started cuddling the cute kitten

“hey, this is the kitten we saw last time, didn’t it?” I ask Sungyeol as I carry the kitten. He step back three times and nods.

“y…yeah..”  he answered with a wobbly voice

“so you bring them here…it seems that you love cats too…”

“a…actually I hate…cats…”

“REALLY?” I’m shocked…but why? Why did he bring the kitten here and give it a proper shelter?  “but why?” I asked

“what do you mean ‘why?’”

“why do you hate them…. They’re cute you know…” I said with a pout

“a bad memory….with a wild cat.”

“and why did you take it here?”

“it’s because when we saw that kitten you seem to have attach some special feeling for that kitten that’s the reason why…”

 

How did he came up with that conclusion, does he have a super powers? Can he read other people’s mind?

“how’d you know?”

“it’s obviously stated in your eyes…”

 

And with this, I guess the big barrier that’s been blocking our friendship has been decreased by 50%.... it feels good… it feels light…and I’m happy that I insisted on going to the zoo….so, thank you lovely animals for bringing us much closer… heehee.

 

END OF CHAPTER II